Who taught you how to drive Sup Forums?

Who taught you how to drive Sup Forums?

My driving instructor and parents

Dad and stepmom

Mommy

i don't know how to drive

how long did it take to feel comfortable or get the hang of it?

Maybe 5 hours total

Like a day. I only drove about 5 times before taking my driving test and passed it first try. it's easy as fuck

Me.

A few days I think

like a week
the hard part was the stupid written test not the actual driving

Tokyo Drift

Instructor, mostly. My dad can't explain anything for shit and gets angry extremely easily -- also taught myself manual

my dad and a greek

Driving instructor and bf.

What was the hardest part to learn do you think? Two things I didn't like knowing your car size compared to the road and how close you are to the pavement and gauging the pedal speed.

With those big simulators in the mall

My Dad. I went to driving school too but only did that for the lower insurance rates, I already knew how to drive.

Memorizing the written test. Failed it my first time because they gave me all the hard questions that measure fucking distances. Driving is easy. Just focus, drive a lot without talking to others in the car or putting on the radio/music.

Hello my onterrible brother

I hated driving and didn't bother to get my license until 17. I didn't drive at all until I turned 20. I love driving now.

My mother's boyfriend.

Yeah I'm 20 now and I'm like you hated it when I had a lesson but now my dad wants to take me to the country and teach me.

also do defensive driving and look at for others. that is what I would say is the hardest. other drivers. You never know what they're going to do. Sometimes just because the light is red doesn't mean a fucker will not gun through it and hit you.

This so fucking much. It's even worse here in Europe with the narrow streets, you don't have the time to react, I fucking despise driving here.

driving instructor because everyone else would be illegal you dummy
you can't enter the car without an instructor until you have driver's licence in your pocket
you need to drive at least 30h with an instructor to be able to take on the test
so getting driver's license takes at least 2-3 months

It's legal here in Italy if the other one has had his/her license for 10 years.

>learning to drive stick shift in 1 day
bullshit

My mom

my dad

it's not illegal though you know each country has different laws right? In Australia if someone is on their Open P plates they can legally sit next to a learner driver and teach them.

Orwellian shithole

I don't drive stick.

easily, if i had enough time
i had a 2-hours long lessons with the instructor and he let me drive on the real streets after my 4th hour
so if i had entire day to practice it on my own i would do that

wait you can only drive automatic?

my car is auto soooo, my entire family knows manual but I'm too lazy

what car were you guys learning to drive on?
Renault Clio 4 here, it was back in 2014 when this car was brand new

I don't drive

Fiat panda. For some reason I don't know I find it particularly easy to drive, probably has to do with the shape and visibility.

Renault Clio 4 was perfect for city driving
i'd buy it if i wasnt a poorfag

My mom taught me in one of these. Didn't learn to drive manual until I got my truck driving license.

Reading this thread made me realise again how much of a subhuman the rest of the world is when it comes to driving.

Pls dont come here by car

I learned on one of these on dirt roads in the desert.

i won't come to Germany by car but i will go back with one
if you know what i mean

Lel

a Fiat Uno with no power steering, I was getting some serious gains after the third parallel parking attempt
or so it felt like

You can do this, right Sup Forums?

My dad started but he has a temper and quit after our first drive, so after that just my mom and myself

Of course, I always do it while listening to eurobeat

my grandfather. I miss him, those are some good memories

My dad

Im so glad that my dad taught me to drive manual as a kid. My coworkers think that I'm a genius because i daily drive one.

same here ay
Kinda wish it was my dad thought taught me so I could drive manual though

my mom taught me and it took about 2 months of driving to get used to it. i failed the written exam 4 times

mum's boyfriend

>driving instructor because everyone else would be illegal you dummy

My grandpa

Driving instructor and dad taught me to drive auto and friends taught me to drive manual.

my state is really fucking anal about getting a license (50 hours with either instructor or parent minimum, 10 of those hours has to be nighttime, two-stage written test and approval process), so my learning experience was probably a bit different than most others but still. after the first outing you get the hang of it real quick. reversing in between obstacles is the trickiest physical part (that also ties in with knowing where the your car is), and the first time you actually hit the road you're going to be sweating and white-knuckling the wheel like mad, but that's expected so don't get embarrassed. it really depends on whether you learn via driving instructor or parent i guess.

I was driving around a quiet residential area after a day, but it took me longer to become flawless on a main road without traffic

the state driving commission/ parents

i can't drive unless i'm on 2 or more bars of xanax because i get so nervous on the road. the problem is that i swerve a shit ton because my coordination is fucked

you should be declared legally unfit to drive

I'm 20 and can't drive

my dad took me out like 3 times for an hour or so each and that was pretty much all it took. in the US youre supposed to get like 30?60? hours practice before taking the test but nobody does that your parents just sign off whatever bullshit hours you write when youre good enough. i've also tried to teach my gf to drive but failed but will probably try again sometime soon

How retarded are you? I learned in 30 minutes

>take xanax
>drift into the opposite line
>don't really give a fuck because you're on xanax
>die

Thinking about to buy some old piece of junk in Russia and start to practice my driving skills in my grandmas village. And only then I'll go to instructor.

>you need to drive at least 30h with an instructor to be able to take on the test
That would cost like almost 2 large here lol

I payed 1200zł for my license training and another 200 for the exam or something like that

Maybe it's me but getting used to your car size becomes really simple really quick when you drive around those little fucking annoying cunt roundabouts in suburbs a lot.

It's like fucking anything the more you do it the more natural it is.

You're not learning in an auto are you?

That's how it should be everywhere. It's expensive as fuck if you do it with an instructor, and you HAVE to do it with one here. It works great to keep gypsies and subhuman white trash off the streets, and some retards actually need those hours to learn properly.

Father, in some abandoned gravel pit/army vehicle driving place-thingy.
It was shit ton of easier then in the actual driving school. Good thing my dads car is a clunker so any modern stick shifts cant be worse than that.