If there are no male gems, does that mean Rose is the only non lesbian gem in existence?

If there are no male gems, does that mean Rose is the only non lesbian gem in existence?

No.
All gems crave the murdercock.

they're also space wanderers, so they might be finding and fucking other genders while also conquering their planets.

There aren't any female gems either.

Normal gems don't have any concept and of love at all.

I told my lesbian sister that Rose is probably the only straight gem in existence and she just said "thank god she's dead"

Why they are pronounce themselves as "she/her"?

Convenience.

Because they're translated into English.
The English language thinks boats are female.

what is bi

dont be stupid there is no such thing as bi its a phase you are either gay or straight middle grounds are for pussies

Amethyst is also bi

>Implying English isn't the Gem language that humans adopted
>Implying we didn't create "he/him/his" because we (unlike gems) have a second sex

What? Bruh, I'm just a whore. I don't care whats between your legs, just suck my fucking dick.

Am I the only one that realizes that using the terms straight, gay, and lesbian with a species that has only one sex is kind of fucked?

That's like asking why they all talk English

If there are no women on an aircraft carrier out at sea for months on end, do the men turn gay?

>Mindblown

That's assuming that gems even have sex/love in the first place. The whole RubyxSapphire thing implies it's not normal

>implies
It's outright stated.

Gems have been on Earth like 5000 years.
Languages go back farther than that, so if English were Gem-derived then it would have more realistically merged with an existing linguistic system.

Yes, she is literally Ganondorf

To make it easier for the viewers. An alien race made up of only one sex (incompatible with human reproductive organs) is technically sexless.

Are you not aware of millitary navy's being referred to ass gay factories for litterally this reason? Yes many of them have homosexual encounters when out on boats or submarines for long periods.

Does anybody have that picture of Pearl smiling through the other side of a noose? Kind of like this?

Thanks.

For boats that's more of a term of affection that merged vernacular. And also because in Romance languages ship is feminine or because naming a boat after a bitch will get you laid.

Why countries are kinda the same because Motherland and having personification personification of countries like Columbia which represent the populace.

English though is like pic related

Women can only be bi, got it.

Because if they used a singular, gender neutral pronoun, people would bitch and moan about PC CULTURE GONE TOO FAAAAAAAAAAAR. English is kind of an awkward language at times and I'm really surprised this problem wasn't resolved a long time ago. I guess a situation where you have to describe someone, but neither listener or speaker are sure of the subjects gender doesn't come up very often.

first post is the correct post

According to Rebecca Sugar, Pearl's love wasn't unrequited. So my guess is that gems don't really have sexualities. They're all bi.

Gems aren't lesbians. Gems don't care about sex.

>he doesnt refer to boats as a she

fucking land shitters, go sailing for once.

>According to Rebecca Sugar, Pearl's love wasn't unrequited
Source for that? It really didn't seem that way.

Because it is the only intuitive way to refer to them.
They are obviously female-ish looking.
So you can't call them "he".
They are people, so "it" would be really rude.
Any non-standard pronoun would lead to rejection from the viewers.
They are as female as transformers are male.
That is, they are conforming to a human gender because humans don't handle exotic identity concepts well.
We instinctually shove them to male or female, if they are in any way anthropomorphic and/or sentient.
Also it makes voice acting, marketing and writing much easier.
Just imagine you had to wrap your head around a completely neutral xi/xir concept that would have to avoid typical male and female behavior, even all human behavior.
You would need to set and defend against flanderisation an ironclad standard of behavior and mannerisms, filter for human gender expression at every turn, push the fact in your marketing to ward against confusion, and then you would need voice acting that emulates a third gender distinct from male and female alike.

And then you would get panned by the viewers for your shenanigans because they can't empathise with your characters now and you pushed that fact so far to the forefront that it tints everything about the show.

I don't think sexuality is even something they'd consider. As far as they're concerned they don't come from a race of females, they come from a race of gems. And those gems come in a variety of forms, many of which are fairly "manly". So I would assume that to a gem, a human male just looks like a burly gem with a penis. I don't think they'd even take gender into factor when considering what they're attracted to.

I always got the impression that the problem wasn't that they were in love, but that they were a Ruby and Sapphire who were in love. Gems don't seem to have a particularly difficult time wrapping their heads around the notion of love and relationships, so those might exist in their culture. But they definitely have issues with interactions between members of different castes.

If all of Sup Forums is men, does that mean all of Sup Forums is gay?

Do you mean to imply that boats are not implicitly female?

Also fusing for love. Don't forget that.

>The English language thinks boats are female.

Are you retarded?

>Le slippery slope

Are you?

Ships are commonly referred to as "she".
user is correct in this statement.
Although this is not just an English thing.

Nevermind the fem eye lashes and female voices on every gem character ever. You cant escape gender dymorphism without creating less appealing characters no matter how much you try.

You just say "they"

It was either during a Q&A or a con. She said "I wouldn't call it unrequited."

Of course, I wouldn't call it the same kind of love. Unless Sugar finds watching your love of your life jumping on every strange dick over several thousand years while you watch the filthy 2 backed beast and say "in a hundred years or less, they will be dead and I will win" until she finds the dick worth dying for.

Can my pronoun be Zim?

Which is clunky as fuck and SU has the only character I would say deserves to be addressed as "they", which is Stevonnie. Unless Smoky Quartz gets the same honors, which would make sense for the same reason, I guess.

Are you Peridot? If not ,no.

My issue with it is that it seems that to Pearl the love was more of an admiration than a proper romantic love. She never really progressed. And it's not like it's a gem thing, because... well, Garnet.
From what we've seen in flashbacks and the way she acts and talks, there was always a definitive distance between them. That Pearl established herself. She was her aide, her confidant, her zealot. But none of those things are "romantic partner".

Rubies aren't female-ish looking at all though.
Jasper just barely.

Well, Rubies are pretty much children, for the most part.
They don't have much of an adult's proportions either way.

>Implying Gems didn't get their language from the English
>Implying Britannia doesn't rule the stars

>alien beings
>rock that projects a body
>having a gender
>reproduce via some sort of mineral manipulation in a planet's crust
>having sexuality beyond 'I find this attractive/enjoyable'
>'clothing' is stated as being part of their projected bodies i.e fused to them
>having orifices if they don't specifically think of them when they create their hologram body

Nah.

They don't have relationships. We know how they reproduce and it's by using massive machines to incubate their offspring in other planets.

Each gem comes with a weapon they can retrieve from their gem. They also come with a dildo. Rose's had thorns.

Not even aliens give a fuck about preferred pronouns

I don't see why you can't play sjws at their own game

The attack helicopter joke is old but it's true, just force people to call you god emperor or some shit if they want you to call them something you don't want to

>They don't have relationships because reproduction
There are a lot of things wrong with your post.

I was going to write "problems" but I had a feeling you might be a smartass about it and go "OH SO IT'S PROBLEMATIC?"

yeah being a contrarian asshole for the sake of being a contrarian asshole really helps you make your point

The only gems we've seen having relationships are the crystal gems who specifically broke away from the rigid caste system of home-world and are viewed as being weird by homeworld gems.

But Lapis knew what flirting was. It's really not out of the question that relationships of some sort can exist within castes.

Pretending like the majority opinion is contrarion is pretty fucking contrarian, but your post was insightful nonetheless.

Gems are panromantic.

k

i'm fairly sure the majority opinion has nothing to do with declaring yourself god emperor but thanks for speaking on behalf of everyone so you could continue shoehorning your stance in on the conversation

Good job being a giant hypocrite, AND a snarky retard.

People saying that gems don't have a gender are the same ones that think fusion can't be an allegory for sex

But it's not incompatible.

Not being sexual doesn't mean that Gems can't love even within Homeworld.
Eyeball is clearly a Jasper fang IRL, for example.
Them having likes and dislikes will be reflected in some sort of relationships forming. The question is just which kinds are tolerated.

RULE BRITANNIA!! HAZZAR!!

my headcanon is they take the form of whatever the dominant form of life is on a planet gems just happen to prefer a female form and mannerisms on Earth

Tell your sister she's no better than people who hate her for being gay.

The Diamonds took humanoid form before colonization of earth. Also Pearl's space suit and Peridot's limb attatchments wouldn't make much sense.

nope

Did games have gender? :D

>incompatible with human reproductive organs
>Steven was conceived

No, she's just a xenophiliac.

False-equivalency

That doesn't mean that English forces it. You can call a boat an it, like a normal person.

You're right, there's only PANSEXUAL, which I AM

>pansexual
please be bait

Nope. I'm sorry you're an ignorant dumbass who has ignored science since the 60's

fpbp

They're just confusing gender with biological sex.
Also, Steven and Amethyst fused; where's the sex there?

Stevonnie and Smoky Quartz are practically female.
They take after Rose more than Steven in that regard.

>And also because in Romance languages ship is feminine
El Barco is not feminine
Neither is Le Navire

>Implying lesbian
All gems except steven are agender so you can decide for yourself what that makes their sexual orientation. Don't let the "she" preferred pronoun throw you off from how LGBT the show really is.

Well technically Gems are attracted to Gems, which technically don't have a gender.
I mean, it's not Pearl is attracted to human women.

Not to mention "they'll give me my own pearl!" didn't really sound like she was elated about the chance to have a made-to-order valet/caddy for all her stuff.

...Actually, now that I think about it, it's kinda fucked up that Pearls are fully sapient and have free will and personalities of their own but are basically considered designer purses in Homeworld Society. I know caste systems have some pretty messed up notions of what is and isn't OK to do to someone, but godDAMN.

>designer purses
I'm under the impression that only the Diamonds and the greatest heroes ever, if any, get Pearls. Don't forget that Rubies in general are made to be stupid. Eyeball might be smarter than average, but her line about getting Pearl could certainly be the blithering of a moron.

Same reason Namekians are he/his

A white lesbian doesn't need to be attracted to black women to be a lesbian, for example

Oops meant for this:

Whats wrong with making a sapient being your plaything? Humans do it all the time,they call it relationships.

No, most are bi, i mean pearl wants to fuck greg, and amythest and peridot want to fuck steven.

Fake and gay

But she's not technically dead. Your sister is a fucking idiot

Do we have any evidence that Gems engaged in romantic activities before coming to Earth?
It could stand to reason that Pearl, Garnet, and Rose are the only Gems that ever expressed attraction, straight or otherwise.

Uh, no. Gay people who hate straight people are just as bad as straight people who hate gay people.

Power + Privilege + Marxism + Critical Theory + Jewish memes shitlord