Can someone explain to me how Euron's ship could get into ramming distance without any warning?

Can someone explain to me how Euron's ship could get into ramming distance without any warning?

It's not like you can just ambush someone with a ship.

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/racing-storm-story-mobile-bay-sailing-disaster-180963686/
youtube.com/watch?v=DUgl1yIEuz4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_ram
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramming
youtu.be/RikrsTLYylk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shhhh

Because exposition about him being the greatest captain ever means he can do things at sea without ever having anything resembling an explaination.

Incompetence.
I just like to think that all characters are retards when it comes to military matters.

Its not that hard, it's dead at night, the fog was thick.

Just turn off every single light source in your ship and use rowers.
Once your men are in position to attack, release all hell.
And viola, you have the element of surprise on your back.

Even modern pirates use this old af strategy.

Euron knows the sea better than they ever will, him and his 20 good mermen

This, snuff out your torches and scones.
The sea is loud af, this is why sea captains avoid thick fogs if they can help it.

He built 1,000 ships in like 2 months, this show isn't even trying to follow any kind of consistent logic anymore, just go with it or stop watching

>Called the Silence
>Silent attack

Magnificent

but this was not a single ship. It was a fleet getting ambushed by a fleet. Somehow Euron's ship managed to sneak its way all through the fog and attack the exact specific ship on which Theon and Yara were sitting on?

I take it you're not a Navy man. The ocean is dark as fuck in the middle of the night. If you have no lights on, your ship is effectively invisible. Meanwhile, Yara's fleet was lit up like the Vegas strip.

If Theon is one thing, it's a survivor. He's going to fucking make it to the end.

Do we still think the visuals of the show represent a reliable narrator?

What you need to take away from it is that Yara's fleet was ambushed by Euron's fleet. Yara and the mess from Dorne were killed in the ensuing battle, while Theon GOATjoy did the impossible (again) and survived being on the losing side of a GoT fight.

He's the GOATjoy for a reason.

confirmed

They knew they were there, because it was the flag ship, the biggest ship in the fleet.

Only Euron went in alone, the rest of the attackers, the one throwing shit tons of flaming balls, stood back and got in position.

that still doesn't make any sense because their ship hat to sneak through the rest of the fleet unless you are implying that they were somehow retarded enough to position their flagship at the front of their formation.

>Retarded enough to put their flagship at the front
Yeah sounds like a decision these fuckwits would make

we dont know what their positions were, they never showed it, we just know euron managed to do it.

It's not completely impossible either. He is famed for being the best captain afterall.
You make it sound like sneaking at sea at the dead of night with a thick fog difficult. It's not. Speaking from experience.
All you really need is patience and perception.

They don't call it the Silence because it is a loud obvious ship.

see

Euron is an expert sailor and uses magic

Why haven't more people checked this?

>It's not completely impossible either. He is famed for being the best captain afterall.

sorry but this kind of reminds me of that post criticizing the show "Sherlock" a while back as in D&D think that Euron is a great captain, therefore he is basically a wizard and can do anything at sea.

If your character is smart and skilled then show him being smart and skilled. Don't treat them like infallible wizards. In season 2 when Tyrion tried to find out who was feeding information to Cersei he told Baelish, Varys and Pycelle three different stories so when his sister would eventually confront him with his supposed schemes he'd know who he couldn't trust.

In season 5 onwards when a character is "good" at something they don't show them actually being good at it.

Was I the only one who saw the rolling clouds, lightning, and heard the thunder?

A storm could be predicted by a skilled sailor like Euron and be used as a cloak.

He's somehow the best captain ever which somehow makes every other 1000 caltains of the fleet the best captains ever so they could sail without light and avoid crashing into eachother. Also for some reason some of the most experienced sailors of the iron islands forgot to post lookouts.

It's all gone to shit

>canon book ending is Theon as Dany's jester

...not that user but I have the sneaking suspicion you've never been on the sea, especially during a strong storm. Can take even experienced sailors by surprise to this very day
smithsonianmag.com/history/racing-storm-story-mobile-bay-sailing-disaster-180963686/

youtube.com/watch?v=DUgl1yIEuz4

fog and either d or d thought it would be a cool shot so they did it. d&d care more about cool shots then the do realism/plausibility. they lost what separated the show from the rest of the shitty hollywood pictures. it sucks, i know

They're getting lazy with writing. Euron had been to valyria in the books so why not explain he has an artifact capable of summoning thick fogs, he already has a horn capable of burning people from the inside out so why the fuck not?

man, you're fucking retarded. the guy already said it's not even hard to do what he did.
he didn't even do some impossible shit like cause a tsunami to destroy the enemy ships, he just sneaked up on them. it's not hard to understand.

They're Daarios ships, pleb

fucking confirmed. /ourguy/ wins.

this guy is like those dumb liberals who ignore everything the other party said and shout one thing over and over

Because they don't like book Euron. He's an anime character. It's also why Stonecunt didn't make it in.

this.
Gurm's outlandish things are more over the top than Conan the barbarian.

>He's an anime character.

Yes so is Jon, Dany, Arya, Tyrion.

Did you see how foggy it was? Also black stealth sail.
On a bigger note, ship ramming is not a fucking thing!!!

>this

And on top of that the wind is loud as fuck on the open ocean and sail boats don't have any reason to generate a bunch of noise

Can someone explain to me why SlayQueen and her advisors thought they could just move their fleets and armies around Westeros completely unhindered?

Euron took them completely by surprise, they didn't even factor him in as a possibility.

Who the fuck put Tyrion in charge of the military

because he pulled a magic fleet out of his ass.

all of yara's crew were too busy fucking each other to notice a fleet approaching

>he didn't even do some impossible shit like cause a tsunami to destroy the enemy ships, he just sneaked up on them. it's not hard to understand.

I can understand sneaking up to a fleet under the guise of night and in thick fog. But he specifically managed to sneak up to the flag ship exactly where Theon and Yara currently are. That's what's retarded.

thats just how stories go. You have to suspend some amount of disbelief.

>Survived Ramsey
>Survived Rob
>Survived Euron
This guy is a fuck mothering cockroach, he's gonna wait under a rock during the walker invasion and then take the throne when the snowmen melt in the summer.

But in trafalgar battle the flagship was at the front of the brits formation

Yeah but why would you also go without lights, what if you hit some fucking rocks or something by accident before you even reach the enemy boats. it's like ambushing someone at night who has NVGs and you don't wtf?

Yes it certainly was you dolt. Why sont people even bother with cursory Google search anymore?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_ram
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramming

I am surprised Sup Forums isn't rooting harder for Euron. Maybe if he rapes and tortures a few female characters in the next episode.

So did Yara and Theon. How the fuck they managed to convince and sneak enough men out to sail many, many ships is beyond me.

Its not like they didn't know Eurons plan for a fleet

>He thinks an expensive as fuck bronze cladded shop was ever used in plow into a single ship destroying itself
Sure they existed but youre retarded if you think greeks are that bad with logistics.

maybe if he rapes and tortures the executive producers

>how Euron's ship could get into ramming distance without any warning?

youtu.be/RikrsTLYylk

He's an edgelord overacting pleb who dresses like he's in My Chemical Romance

But he killed 2 out of 3 Sand Sneks so he gets my vote

he's a little too tryhard, some subtlety would help. he feels like a reddit scoundrel character with no depth

Because they were not expecting an attack at all and they're not experienced in armada, Euron is a great captain, probably lightyears away from Yara.

The part of Theon doing a Reek is retarded though, just a deus-ex machina to get him out of danger.

kek

On a bigger note, how in the fuck hasnt 20 years passed in order to build 1000 ships. Fucking 20 men can barely make a decent small sail in under a year.

>being a coward with PTSD is a deus ex machina

??????

They'll get raped by Mountain as a gift for Cersei.

This.

It was a valid tactic used back in the day during sailing naval warfare. What more do you want?
Like this dude. Denial. Links I gave stated multiple examples, and the ship with the naval ram was often not destroyed, again as stated in the articles you refused to read.

Athenians invented it and at their time period dominated their surrounding seas in warfare, and their primary method was ramming.

LMAO IT'S JUST A STORY YOU JUST HAVE TO SUSPEND YOUR DISBELIEF LMAO THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS THAT THEY DID IT

i doubt it, i guess something interrupts any rape or murder. maybe yara dies but i doubt the dorne bitch dies.

euron rubbed his big cock and spawned a bunch of ships.

underrated

that's now what suspension of disbelief is about. Your suspension of disbelief relates to unrealistic elements of a story like dragons, zombies and fire magic. I don't have any problem with those elements because they are set up as part of the story. If the story sets up the precedent that Euron can use some form of magic or has an artifact that allows him to sail his ship anywhere without being detected then that's unrealistic in our world but it isn't unrealistic in asoiaf. But in this specific case they just showed him sailing up to the flagship completely unhindered. So the only explanation is that for some reason they just decided to put their flagship at the front (which makes Yara a fucking retard) or he sailed through the entire fleet without being detected before he could launch his attack. Even if we assume that he's the greatest captain that ever lived, he can only be at one ship at a time. He might be so skilled to navigate his own ship through an entire fleet without getting detected but do you really think that the rest of his fleet can do the same? Unlikely.

Also how the fuck is Dannnys army being fed? It sure as fuck aint coming from the desolate hellhole Mereen.

topkek

didn't he kill all of them, and their mother too? Aren't they who we saw on the front of one of the ships after Theon goes into the water?

Rowed fast using his big cock.

no those are the two he already killed, looks like they've been strung up on their weapons

assume he's taking snek 3 and mummy snek to cersei.

COCKroach HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

No one's talking about cersei giant crossbow
Is it because it looks shit?

Ahahahaha, americunts literally blown the fuck out of the water.

Whats so special about it? Its just a retarded looking ballista, why did it take a fuck ton of blacksmiths to make? Surely the projectile is the only important part.

>position their flagship at the front of their formation.

Pretty much every single naval scene in the GoT confirms this.

Theon confirmed for best boy.

Shame they didn't mention how some Dornish soldiers once took down a dragon during Aegon I's reign.

They've gotta get Bard to tell them how to make black arrows

If they go by the books - literally fucking magic

A lot of artisans laboring day and night just to make that weapon.
Meanwhile, Euron makes a whole fleet out of nothing in just a few days.

dude, do you even know what deus ex machina means?

thejoke.jpg

At least we have the cute one alive

It fucking isn't being fed. That is the thing - Daenerys is the same insufferable twat as she is in the books, but in the books it all has consequences - 20 000 freed slaves joins her in the march 'Wow, they all want to eat, like I can't even right now'
She imposes herself as a tyrant in the Meeren, a gigantic city with economy based on the slave trade, both masters and slave resist her - 'You are bunch of fucking misogynist, why can't I do all I want?'
Everybody dies of plague - 'Ugh, now you are doing this just to spite me'

She is incompetent in all things.

She's going to meet the Moutain soon enough, Cersei's totally going to make the sneks pay for Myrcella.

I wonder how horrible and graphic the scene will be, I'm betting on an Oberyn 2.0.

Will we get to see mountain cock?

magic

Come to think of it, has agriculture been mentioned at all in the show? Half the continent only produces grapes and the other half is covered in snow, whoever the fuck lives in the middle must be making a killing.

EURON A SHIT

SHIIIIIIT!!!

I believe Euron also prays to the Storm god and that's how no storm ever fucked over his fleet.

I think 'the Silence' is called so, because the crew don't have tongues.

This.
Explain.

I also dont recall ever seeing a proper farm, just the exact same stone and thatch (if you can even call that 1cm thick pile of straw thatching) house in the middle of a forest or plane with a muddy shittily fenced off yard and some goats and chickens.
How these people lived more then a week I'll never know.

He did not, Yara and Theon only took a small part of the ships when they left, the Iron Borns fleet is huge.