Do you forgive Diefenbaker, leafbros?

Do you forgive Diefenbaker, leafbros?

No

No

But memes aside yeah, In hindsight it's not like we'd have ever gotten an opportunity to use it and it would have been a tremendous waste of money

Yeah. He was still based besides this one cossosal fuckup

Stop thinking so retardedly narrow minded. That jet would have kept our aerospace industry running top of the line. That projects loss is the reason we are basically third world in aerospace today. We never expanded our horizons since WW2.

So would the F-35 project have done the same thing, it would have given dozens of Canadian aerospace companies top of the line part contracts and massive facility upgrades that would have made us world class competitors in aerospace contracting and manufacturing. But nope, Liberals screwed that too.

Literally who

Wasn't the jet like almost already outdated by the time the project was finally scrapped?

No. RIP Avro Canada ;_;

Yes, because of delays and funding problems the government.

Lol you guys were on path to have one of the best airplanes and you blew it by allowing spies to get involved.

Dief was the last great Prime Minister we had. I don't care about that stupid plane.

It's okay you still got some Hornets

>425 Tactical Fighter Squadron
That's a local.

No fuck that faggot. He wanted to put nukes on Canadian soil too.

it's not the same as having our own indigenous jets though

So what's the current status on Canadian F-35s?

Planes are updated constantly, even the prototypes got a huge engine upgrade before being cancelled, I'm sure it would have kept up with the F-4 Phantom technologically.
Too bad our stupid fucking goddamn worthless government (ALL PARTIES INCLUDED) can't take military procurement fucking seriously and STILL hasn't replaced these fucking things as they fall out of the sky. Buy F-35s, buy Rafales, buy Gripens, buy SOMETHING that isn't fucking falling apart and massively outdated, this shit should been decided a DECADE ago.

Fuck, the state of our Air Force and Navy is embarrassing. We have well paid and well trained members but that's about it. I want to be proud to serve but it feels more like a jobs program than an actual military and it pisses me off.

Holy fuck I just read they decided to buy 18 used Aussie Hornets

It's honestly quite sad. I don't even know what the real solution is, it's probably just buy F-35A (I don't think you guys have a need for the B variant). It's also likely the cheapest 4.5gen+ fighter you can get on a large scale with a COMPATIBLE weapon load out.

there was talk about procuring the B variant alongside some sort of amphibious assault ship like the mistral but it seems incredibly unlikely now

0.8 diefendollars have been deposited in your account.
>get american equipement
>put a C in front of the name
ah yes

Sad tbqh
You dont deserve this

The problem is that we haven't separated our politics from our procurement. We could learn from Australia in that regard.

>Avro Canada is killed
>Bombardier is now half Airbus

Sad!