Star Trek Discovery new series to have a female lead on the crew its announced

Star Trek Discovery new series to have a female lead on the crew its announced...
youtube.com/watch?v=ghgiw-xU-gs

Why is this a big deal a female will be on the crew today? Watching this old promo for Voyager noone makes a big deal out of Janeway being a female captain, yet today women say their oppressed?

How did it go so wildly into this oppressed women BS when that never really happened? Back in the day it seems on Voyager this was normal and noone made a big deal out of it with Janeway shouting GIRLPOWER or girls rule the world!

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2446192/
youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

feminism is just a trend and trends sell

Not only that, Star Trek has always had this diversity angle in terms of race, sexual orientation, species, gender, whatever

People making a big deal of it are just media clickbait vultures or deluded sjws who want more eyeballs worshipping their twitter account. Just ignore and move on

>feminism is just a trend and trends sell
The creator of the new series announced having a female and that was it. Seems like every website from HUffPo to Salon latched on and is screaming GIRLPOWER...

Who are these oppressed women? What oppression are they representing when Rodeo Drive caters almost exclusively to women with bankrolls in the 40-50k range just for a purse or pair of shoes?

do sjw's even into scifi? they seem to rally against scifi like director Paul Feig said about the new ghostbusters that sci-fi fans are basement dwelling losers who troll the internet.

I really liked the 3 recent movies. Show looks cool, I think I'll like it desu

>tfw will never operate on the USS Enterprise in deep space

This feel is the worst one

what if you freeze yourself? or just your brain? why cant we do that?

Star Trek Beyond was utter shit. Corny dialogue, no true scifi value, weak plot. How can Hollywood continue getting away with this?

this one doesn't

this might sound weird but the movies are made by one studio and the tv series by another studio. The rights are literally split between the two.

TV series exist in the "prime" timeline but the movies fit fine there too but for some reason are considered an alternate timeline which doesnt matter really at least as far as I can tell.

>feminism is just a trend and trends sell
Feminism seems to make noise has any feminist related idea generated profit?

well hollywood never learns its lesson after the first several hundred times

They take whatever position is necessary to give them attention, views and power. They are soulless, mindless and cultureless vapid airheads. They rally FOR scifi when its in their interest like with the Nebula awards debacle and against when its in their interest too. Just ignore and move on.

They did make a big deal of Janeway being the first female captain in a Trek series, but nobody really cared. Feminism was widely recognized for the cancer it is in the late 1990s.

t. oldfag

Actually, my family is full of trekkies. I was brought up watching the series and films. When I was little they were even among my favorite. But becoming an adult has given me perspective.

Star Trek is radically blue pilled.

Indeed, Gene Rodenbury was a communist, who openly said that Star Trek was a vision of a communist future (no money, no racism, one world government, etc. etc.) It also is noted for using the genre conventions of science fiction to mask media portrayals of social taboos in the name of "progress." For instance, Star Trek featured a black woman on the command crew. How groundbreaking. It also featured the first television portrayal of an interracial kiss, which the story explained away by having the characters not actually want to kiss each other, but they were forced to by a mind controlling alien. Deep Space 9 also featured the first television portrayal of a homosexual kiss, and it was very graphic. There was a line of spit connecting the two characters' mouths as they pulled away.

That's honestly why every Star Trek since Voyager has been an utter failure. They try the social justice gimmick, and it's just not fresh any more. You don't need to use aliens as an allegory for social injustice when every other television show is already assuming social injustice in not just the subtext, but the main plot points.

Clearly you have no idea what they did to the Hugo awards. You should look up the Sad Puppies / Rabid Puppies controversy.

Essentially SJWs in recent years have been writing "sci fi" novels that are actually just costume dramas for them to put the most degenerate values, characters, and situations on display. Through entryism they infiltrated and eventually took over the most important award system for Scifi authors. Then, once they had seized power, they ostracized authors who wrote actually interesting books in favor of authors who can include the most pan dimensional hemilesbians in space.

SJWs are cancer. They will spread everywhere they can and destroy everything they find there, replacing it with their foul ideology.

>Hugo
Ah yeah it was the Hugos not the Nebula
my bad

Seems like they're late to the bus

Star Trek hit the diversity quota its entire run throughout the movies and series

Making it big that, le women captain! Shows how far behind times the SJWhores are

They needed to make the captain something most people would fine uncomfortable

>its a series that takes place before TNG, instead of doing a cool series thats after Voyager and DS9 to show the after effects of the Dominion War, and the Borg being BTFO

Star Trek is shit.

>They did make a big deal of Janeway being the first female captain in a Trek series, but nobody really cared.

It doesnt seem like it in the promo at least? it seems like no big deal at all almost said in passing?

Not sure if its a blue pilled show or just the future... what do you think? I dont buy the commie crap about roddenberry that is a step to far. Trek shows were often very patriotic and Roddenberry was smart, communism didnt work he isnt going to back something that doesnt work. All that commie ish is stuff projected onto him as far as I know so I wouldnt take it too seriously.

>Clearly you have no idea what they did to the Hugo awards
I honestly dont know what the hugo awards or nebula awards are, then again i think the oscars suck and are stupid for screwing over the lego movie, that was the last straw for me in taking them or the academy seriously.

>You don't need to use aliens as an allegory for social injustice when every other television show is already assuming social injustice in not just the subtext, but the main plot points.
Isnt that the point to use aliens to tell todays stories or just basic human drama in a diff context with the outer space twist? was watching the Star Trek TNG pilot today and wow it was good! The whole pilot is amazing seeing how they made that show on budget with a great story.

>SJWs are cancer. They will spread everywhere they can and destroy everything they find there, replacing it with their foul ideology.
I dont get how such an idealogy spreads in the corporate world of profits when it doesnt profit. Twilight was widely known as a christian based vampire movie and didnt hide it or mask it just said this is what it is and people liked it and saw it and didnt care. My point is having an agenda isnt bad it just has to be profitable and fit the right context, the rest should be left to documentaries maybe?

>>its a series that takes place before TNG, instead of doing a cool series thats after Voyager and DS9 to show the after effects of the Dominion War, and the Borg being BTFO
This gives them the ability the creator is saying to run into all the classic characters and maybe have them on the ship working their way up through the ranks. All of this before has existed in books that fans liked but hasnt ever appeared in a video format so it might not be as bad as your thinking?

He admitted to being a communist. His wife Majel Barret (the voice of the computer, and the actress who portrayed Luoxana Troy) has said he was a communist. Hollywood was overwhelmingly communist in the 1960s. His television show has an explicitly communist message.

If it quacks like a duck, it's wife says it's a duck, it lives in a duck pond, and it makes duck art, it's a duck.

The Hugo Awards are unaffiliated with the Motion Picture Academy.

Encounter at Farpoint? That story was garbage. In fact, the entire first season of TNG was god awful, even by Trekkie standards.

But yes, the point is to use the future (and other science fiction genre conventions) to address contemporary social issues in a nonthreatening way. Thus you can see the communist fingerprint all over it. They want to preach to you without you knowing it. It's naked propaganda.

star trek TNG first season sucks and the pilot is horrible.

star trek has always had women in prominent roles and positions of power. the original 1964 star trek pilot had majel barrett cast as the original 1st officer before the pike character was replaced by shatner's kirk.

I don't know what Twilight has to do with anything, but if you really want to know how SJWs operate you should buy Vox Day's authoritative work on the subject. Essentially the way it works is that SJWs get entry level positions in institutions, then make themselves valuable by being skilled, dependable, hard workers. Then they rank up through the institution until they get in a position where they have the power to hire. Then they only hire like minded SJWs and subtly work to purge non-SJWs. Eventually they achieve sufficient numbers to simply force adherence to their speech and conduct codes, which are explicitly SJW. At that point resistance is futile, disagreeing with them is a firing offense. Finally they have complete control and subvert the original purpose of the institution in favor of spreading SJWery.

Well, Janeway was an absolutely terrible captain whom no one could question and could never be wrong because otherwise the audience might not have thought she is a strong indypyndent wymyn.

If you want a good example of a political pick for the next captain actually working out, where the writing clearly went to the character and not the bullshit identity, you have to go for Sisko.

It's going to be bad. Star Trek long ago lost sight of its winning formula, and the culture has changed. The only reason they're making this series is because fans got sick and tired of Paramount's bullshit and started making their own fan created Star Trek movies, some of which aren't *completely* terrible. Paramount originally let it slide, but then their lawyers got involved and started suing fans who were making movies that they never could make any money off of.

What Im wondering is if there will be a Muslim analogue character. Also Im sure they'll somehow wedge in some bigoted white guy ensign to play off of.

>He admitted to being a communist. His wife Majel Barret (the voice of the computer, and the actress who portrayed Luoxana Troy) has said he was a communist. Hollywood was overwhelmingly communist in the 1960s. His television show has an explicitly communist message.
>If it quacks like a duck, it's wife says it's a duck, it lives in a duck pond, and it makes duck art, it's a duck.
source? Im listening wait the hot troy on TNG was his wife? GTFO!

It's funded by cunts like Soros as a distraction. Who do you notice first: an old man slowly and quietly poisoning the world or a blue-haired harpy batting her ill-shaped chest and demanding everybody look at her?

They're meant to draw eyes away from bigger issues.

She wasn't even pretty when she was young, wow.

>Encounter at Farpoint?
That is the one were watching now got half way through and then people had to leave so were watching the second half tomorrow. Its garbage to trekkies? hmmm well were liking it with the whole Q character and some kind of UFO it seems pretty good?

Sisko was an affirmative action identity cast, too. The thing is though that DS9 actually had good writers who knew what they were doing. So the character developed over the 7 years the show was on the air. The first couple of DS9 seasons are a little rough, too (though not nearly as rough as early TNG). But that show grows into itself around the 3rd or 4th season, and that's the powerful Cisco character you remember.

>star trek TNG first season sucks and the pilot is horrible.
So far this is the first ep we are seeing, seems pretty good though? then again were not trekkies but the show seems pretty awesome right now, cant find anything else like it out today, maybe you could offer some suggestions to get our scifi fix?

Oh, they have a fag as a member of the command crew, so I think it's 100% that they're going to have a "homophobe" who warms up to the gayway, and maybe in the end comes out as having been closet gay.

It's also 100% that they're going to portray the muslim menace as something other than it is.

But the thing is, it's not the 1990s any more. Television shows these days are altered by social media reaction. If we're smart we need to all fire up our twatter trolling accounts to rig the outcome of this series.

>I don't know what Twilight has to do with anything, but if you really want to know how SJWs operate you should buy Vox Day's authoritative work on the subject. Essentially the way it works is that SJWs get entry level positions in institutions, then make themselves valuable by being skilled, dependable, hard workers. Then they rank up through the institution until they get in a position where they have the power to hire. Then they only hire like minded SJWs and subtly work to purge non-SJWs. Eventually they achieve sufficient numbers to simply force adherence to their speech and conduct codes, which are explicitly SJW. At that point resistance is futile, disagreeing with them is a firing offense. Finally they have complete control and subvert the original purpose of the institution in favor of spreading SJWery.
sounds like an exact copy word for word from what muslims are taught in that Taqiya thing which isnt surprising but its weird SJW's do that in the corporate world essentially destroying their own jobs and killing the company, great job then their broke again!

>Janeway was an absolutely terrible captain
Really? she defeated the borg with a cup of coffee!?!?!??!
Sisko was pretty badass but always was a big fan of Jachote.

>then their lawyers got involved and started suing fans who were making movies that they never could make any money off of.
Read about how that one fan got sued when its like hey guys you werent making jack in trek forever so we fans did... at least it kept trek alive

>They're meant to draw eyes away from bigger issues.
Soros should invest in giving them breast implants to futher divert our eyes, where is Psyops we need to meme this to them stat to make it happen!

>The thing is though that DS9 actually had good writers who knew what they were doing.

No they didn't. Sisko sucked. He was a total pussy. And DS9 became a fucking mess.

>muh space demons

It's one of the better season 1 episodes. Actors in the first season are quite wooden and stilted, and the episodes are re-purposed TOS scripts, so I hear.

You'll notice the difference as you hit season 2.

>It's also 100% that they're going to portray the muslim menace as something other than it is.
On DS9 wasnt there a similar storyline with refugees but the bejoran never lets them in because their bad culture? seems legit to me?

Q is one of the most beloved recurring supportive characters in TNG (and he persists a little bit into DS9 and Voyager). The actor who plays him, John DeLancie, is a pretty decent human being, too. He did a documentary on Bronies that is surprisingly tender.

imdb.com/title/tt2446192/

If you want a good comparison, you should watch Season 6 Episode 15, "Tapestry." That showcases how to use the Q character. Or just watch the series finale, "All Good Things," (S7E25&26). That bookends the series and shows in stark relief the evolution from the pilot.

I told you, son, I was raised a Star Trek nerd. You have no idea what level of autism you're getting into.

>But the thing is, it's not the 1990s any more. Television shows these days are altered by social media reaction. If we're smart we need to all fire up our twatter trolling accounts to rig the outcome of this series.
Personally and this is just me, I would like to keep politics and the current affairs of the world out of the show unless their done in some interesting scifi way which trek is good at. If their promoting some political agenda like refugees like hey lets let klingons run preschools for humans or bejorans then we need to quash that if possible?

There were a few episodes where it was clear she was wrong and had fucked up, though they did attribute it to the standard "desperation and stress of being a captain".
The empty expanse of dark space on is a good example, regardless of silly the premise is, that was a pretty nice episode with some 10/10 effects. I think it was the first one with the pig people with the trash ships.

so much this. im tired of prequels in star trek franchise. one of best things i liked about the TNG crew movies were they linked in characters from ds9, and voyager, showing some what of "what happened next" like the doctor and janeway cameo

I guess I won't be watching this.

Just gonna have to wait for Star Gate to get a new series since Star Wars and Star Trek are now dead to me.

You're thinking of Hijrah, not Taqiyya.

SJWs aren't known for their deep understanding of economics. But you're right. Their ideology is ultimately self destructive. That's called the SJW impossibility of convergence conundrum. As an institution approaches that point at which SJWery overrides the original purpose of the institution, the institution can no longer function because it no longer fulfills its purpose. That is the convergence point. It is impossible for it to be reached without destroying the host institution.

No, he was a 90s liberal caricature of a hardass without being an angry black man stereotype.

That seventh season kind of got away from them at the end, though, didn't it?

I don't remember that episode, which one was it?

>I would like to keep politics and the current affairs of the world out of the show
Impossible. That's not how Hollywood works, and that's ESPECIALLY not how Star Trek works.

>You'll notice the difference as you hit season 2.
Thanks for the heads up, saw later eps of TNG and alot of cast stuff through the year about them. Loving seeing the Wooden Picard desu as he formed into the later picard, the transformation is great to see where it began with how he envisioned the role to embracing the role.

NO
the vast VAST majority of women do not care about Star Wars or Star Trek or videogames.

But feminists see
>MALE DOMINATED ENTERTAINMENT
>MUST DESTROY
and start acting like they REALLY care about those things and how they have no representation in the genres

So they start putting female led videogames and movies they just suck and the primarily male fan base (the only people who actually care for those genres and don't think about it as a political statement) get left in the cold to find something else to do

I FUCKING HATE FEMINISM SO MUCH...
why can't we invent a disease that kills only feminists?

Nice to know that the director of ghostbusters has so much respect for the film's fan base.
I wonder how it tanked so badly?

No, he was a bitch. That episode where they put him in the hotbox. Picard would have given some fucking awesome speech and everyone would have changed sides.

>do sjw's even into scifi?

All they care about is what's popular at the moment.

>Q is one of the most beloved recurring supportive characters in TNG
Heard great things about him from a friend in Cali who saw some show of him and leanord nimoy pretty recently as in a few years ago I think where it was just the two of them on stage giving a performance and my friend thought it was awesome. They both also stayed after the show for over an hour meeting with the fans and stayed until everyone left.

This Q and his abilities are fascinating reminds me of WH40k stuff a bit with his race and background.

Picard would have said there are four lights, and made women think he was sexy because his personal trainer helped him work out and eat right for six months before that scene was shot.

But realistically, Picard was the real pussy. Kirk would have been fat and unattractive, and STILL kicked everyone's ass and made out with the Orion sex slave.

Cryonics(NOT Cryogenics) is reserved for the very rich and powerful iirc

>oone made a big deal out of it with Janeway shouting GIRLPOWER or girls rule the world!

to the writers credit, they never once pulled the "woman card" in any of Voyagers episodes.

i dont care about the actresses personal views expressed offscreen, but in the series itself, she is as "starfleet" and legit without any provocation on gender, as any other lead in a Trek series (barring Kirk, ofc)

If that's what you like about Nimoy and DeLancie, you should watch the bronie documentary. You'll like it, even if you don't like bronies.

It's a scam

I don't get why people at the helm of long-running franchises nowadays feel the overwhelming need to go back and "retell" parts of established canon. It does nothing but piss off the diehard autistic fanbase who are supposed to be mythical built-in audience that justifies these constant revivals of old IPs, and who will be the most vocal about how terrible the new show is.

>that was a pretty nice episode with some 10/10 effects
How did a tv show budget get those kinds of effects? Watching even the TNG pilot seeing the ship it looks alot better than the promo recently made for Star Trek Discovery which looks CGI lacing real details but maybe thats just because its a mockup? I dont know how to say it but the full size model being real and physical just seems more real than the CGI version or is it just me?
youtube.com/watch?v=bqm9HSYbf0o

cos they cant create anything new.
they lack vision, creativity and courage.

and even if they had those, the producers would hamstring and hobble them at every turn.

I didnt see the DS9 episode with the refugees but read about it in an online discussion where people were saying that The Bejoran lady kicked out all the refugees because they didnt belong due to their violent culture or something. not sure what it was but maybe another pol user would know there are alot of eps and seasons to DS9

OP you are ignorant of the market. The reason why studios went out of their way to promote this fact even tho it's essentially nothing new... is to appear egalitarian. Its to appear like the good guys. Its the same as token blacks back in the day... back then it seemed progressive to have ANY blacks, now we started seeing through it, even considering it a tad lame when the early dying "hell no" exclaiming token appears... its just the same... marketing.

In a few years they'll make fun of the strong femae lead type to appease the audience... and we will fall for it.

Its just a circus.

>Impossible. That's not how Hollywood works, and that's ESPECIALLY not how Star Trek works.
I do LIKE how trek confronts things in its own scifi way, but if its promoting an agenda instead of something unique to the trek universe which made it so cool we should try and shut it down? THe current head creator if that is a title Bryan Fuller did work on episodes of other trek shows though through his career so this should be good?

It's because it's safe to pander to those familiar with the originals. Any creativity introduces risk. And risk threatens profits. It's always about shekels first.

Just look at The Force Awakens.

>third Deathstar (ffs!)
>Snoke is Palpatine stand-in
>Kylo Ren's costume reminiscent of Vader
>old characters and cast back
>plot very similar to original film

i dunno what eps or storyline you are talking about.

>why can't we invent a disease that kills only feminists?
perhaps some kind of vocal cord parasite that take out people with hair dye and tatoos claming to be fans but arent. I know TONS of girls into scifi, even one in the GB fan club here and she hated the new ghostbusters refused to even see it when as she said it was less of a ghostbusters movie and more some wannabe social agenda piece. Forget her actual words but basically she saw no value in the girl power BS and just wanted a good movie since ghostbusters can be and have any gender or color making a big deal of it is never what ghostbusters was about, there was even that one handicapped ghostbusters.

Like I said, I know him being a specifically black captain was a political choice, which identity made the occasional, somewhat appropriate appearance (cultural masks in the background, as a prop of him taking his valued stuff to DS9 where his new home is was legit good, the 1950s visions much less so). Boy, could the character be wrong, but could he be right as well, the show overall did an excellent job of showing the actually good values of the Federation tested, but enduring.

I still say that as of Season 1/episode1 Sisko is still the most interesting character out of all the captains.
>has massive conflicts about being a single father, raising a son out here in dumpville
>hates Picard's guts for his part in the Battle of Wolf 359
>his personal conflicts and frustrations make him an interesting fit and a launchpad to his interactions with Bajor
>his obsession and inability to move on is a cornerstone of the starting point, explaining humanity to non-corporeal creatures

>There were a few episodes where it was clear she was wrong and had fucked up
I really don't remember any where she is legit called out, where the very premise of the Maquis crew and first officer come in for some tension.

Although I do have to concede part of that is Voyager's odd MO where the actors all had to be as bland as humanly possible to make the aliens look weirder.
As a result, the most of what you mention that comes to mind is some tepid tug of war between her and Chipotle in Scorpoion.

My mother in law is a huge trekkie, hosting the local fan club n all. They just went to the vegas con last week. Its almost 50/50, compared to a lot of other franchises, star strek has a massive female demographic.

Didn't one of the star trek series have a female captain? Anyways, not like star trek movies have done well anyways.

to their credit, more and more women are taking the red pill.

a red pilled woman gets an automatic +2/10 as far as Im concerned.

many of those women have memories of watching Trek with their fathers.

>I don't get why people at the helm of long-running franchises nowadays feel the overwhelming need to go back and "retell" parts of established canon
Some of these parts like in STD (Star Trek Discovery) have never been told on screen but were in books apparently the writer says so it exists offscreen but not onscreen like Rogue One. There are so many awesome Indiana Jones books I read when younger from my brother I wish those got badass movies.

existence of women that like scifi is not evidence that women like scifi

all women I know that DO like scifi only got into it because their husband/boyfriend and they rather watch other things

but every male friend/family member I have are big fans of several scifi series
unless they're really really old

Nothing after the original series is worth watching, though the original series was genius at least in terms of character dynamics. (Kirk, Spock and Bones.)

The TOS/ TNG Trek movies are hugely popular, even today.

For such a huge body of movies, Id think they rank second only to Bond movies in popularity and sheer view counts, post-release over the decades.

They also have aged pretty well. Nemesis, unfortu ately, was the beginning of the end. New Trek films are Hollywood trash more concerned with effects than content.

>. The reason why studios went out of their way to promote this fact even tho it's essentially nothing new... is to appear egalitarian.
I think its different here, this was for a magazine release discussing various roles but no details yet since casting hasnt been done yet and its not set in stone. The thing is the studio did NOT make a big deal out of having a woman it was just part of the general cast description for roles. Other news outlets made a BIG deal out of it as if saying this is all that matter about Star Trek which sadly seems to ignore the basic fact of how awesome it is to get a new series or discussing the other cast details at all like how alien races will be portrayed makeup wise etc.... all of that ignored by the press for their clickbait girlpower thing it seems, i dont get why the press does that?

Are those the newer ones? I've heard they've done pretty bad. My mom was the huge star trek fan but I never got into it. Of course this might just be Sup Forums shitposting saying they were bad.

>Just look at The Force Awakens.
Where is our Darth Jar-Jar then?

Also, the feminists really don't have that much power. At worst they are considered as a consered consumer by us. Or even as a potential market to some developers... I hold a director title in the industry, I know my fair share of what goes on behind the scenes.

Practical effects usually look better than special effects.

I have to disagree. I just re-watched TOS, and while there ARE some great episodes in there, that show has the worst shit to good episode ratio out of all.
As a result there's much less room for good character stuff to shine, and often it is on rescue duty, not helping along a n otherwise good story.

And while I do agree that the trio had a good dynamic (shame in the films Bones was demoted), not much was done with the other cast where all the other series got creative, not just with important secondary characters like Scotty/Geordi, but truly background people like Barclay.

He's a prequel character. Disney are desperately not-mentioning them whenever possible.

The prequel trilogy had its problems, but at least it had fresh, new, creative material.

I don't know that episode either, but I vaguely remember some episodes that involved Kira dealing with refugee groups of Bajorans. The Cardassian/Bajoran occupation was a metaphor for the Irish situation in the 1980s and 90s. Basically, the provisional Irish Republican Army considered the British government of Northern Ireland to be an occupying force, and responded with terrorism in an attempt to gain political independence in accordance with their Irish Nationalist beliefs. The character of Kira was a former terrorist who gave up her partisan activities to become a member of the legitimate government, who was then forced to confront her own past and decide if terrorism was a legitimate way to effect political change when she was on the other side of the guns.

star wars bullshit allover again
white fanboys will eat it up

The writers have a very low opinion of fans, and of what fans like. Watch any of the TNG movies with writer commentary and you can hear them in their own words denigrate the people they're writing for.

>existence of women that like scifi is not evidence that women like scifi
The GB girl at least has spent over 6k on her GB outfit she wears to cons for the fanclub thats pretty hardcore.... Keep in mind SciFi always was pretty unisex in appeal just because the whole Space is cool thing. While not all scifi it seems girls like Trek they do and other things like Walking Dead which isnt scifi but it works for some reason. Probably the whole soap opera in space with Trek or Soap opera with zombie thing is the appeal?

>New Trek films are Hollywood trash more concerned with effects than content.
In all fairness I do have to admire the weird full circle the films have completed.
They start out with Star Trek the Motion Picture that is nothing but beauty shots of the Enterprise and whatever new section of V'ger it goes through, without anything happening, just music and eye candy, and end up with the nu-Trek where the characters are so vacuous you are only too happy to be distracted by all the splosions and lights shined in your fucking face.

>I've heard they've done pretty bad. My mom was the huge star trek fan but I never got into it. Of course this might just be Sup Forums shitposting saying they were bad.
They fell apart when Abrams fought for and couldnt get the studio that owned the TV license to make a tv show to coincide with the movies. Honestly the movies dont work really without that TV audience to grow a fanbase.

and yet
>Star Wars 7
>Rogue One
>Ghostbusters
>Star Trek Series
all have "muh stronk womin" and are trash as a result.
meanwhile feminists parading them around like they're saints

extremely pissed off at this shit meng