Ever After High & Monster High general

We all know were only gonna talk about Ships, but what are our ratings for Epic Winter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JT-W2v5mtko
youtube.com/watch?v=LosU1rLoGRc
archiveofourown.org/works/7516919
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Faybelle a best, but Crystal was entirely forgettable. Kudos for attempting to broaden the appeal by not focusing solely on Raven and Apple, but having a new character take over for them just does not work. And the other co-lead, Ashlynn, also didn't get any development whatsoever. Briar got off best, by sharing the limelight with Faybelle.

It's pretty small time.

The weakest of the three mini-series. Faybelle and Daring's side stories are much more interesting.
Makes me concern about the future of the franchise in terms of movies/specials, now that the Destiny story is resolved.

I think if we knew Crystal earlier on and she was really a 'pampered princess' this whole movie would of set with me better.

Fairy Mob Father

that is all

I should of put more time into this... But an user asked last thread for a variation of Darings kiss with Apple.
Anymore Screenshot requests are welcome

this is pretty cute

it's kinda meh. like it's good that they focus on other characters than apple/raven and best boy got some development but crystal was kinda a non entity and ashlynn didn't do anything really. briar and faybelle did some stuff but they are just a discount apple and raven

youtube.com/watch?v=JT-W2v5mtko
EAH has transformers now

>what are our ratings for Epic Winter?
6.5/10

Is Monster High still a thing? I thought it died, like Bratz. I suppose it's just hard to discuss since it isn't as plot heavy as EAH.

Monster High has to be one of the most influential cartoons of the 21st century thus far. It has so many series following in its footsteps.

What about Miss."I can only pick locks and have a blog"
(Outfit was cute though)

it just got rebooted with less characters and a worse artstyle.

The problem is really only the reboot. The idea of them building the school is just...really odd. Animation isn't really ugly to me just too different from what we've seen and gotten used to. And I think the new Zombie girl is gonna be annoying as a character. Cold and distant like Abbey but mean for no reason like Toralei.

She's also obnoxious and overly picky, but that didn't really play a role here in the special.

Don't forget kawaii as fuck
She is the show's best aryan and that is saying a lot.

Blondie is easily the most fearless of all the girls.

And one of the cutest. 10/10 would adopt.

is that suppose to be the new ghoulia?

Do you have a tumblr or art blog?

Crystal, Jackie, and Faybelle have color pallettes so similar I couldn't keep track of them, especially when all the backgrounds were fucking blue ice winter scenes too. Otherwise okay. Beast Daring is 9/10.

www.littleanimalcracker.tumblr.com
I mostly post MH/EAH on there

I think they said they're not erasing old characters but i've yet to see ghoulia so probably

Way Too WonderLand > Dragon Games >>>> Epic Winter

It was fun if only because of Daring and Faybelle. But honestly I would have been more interested in seeing Apple have to deal with the loss of her Beard.

So am I the only one irritated that "Power Princess" is an opening. It's insert tier, not opening

Opening Song Tier: Original opening

Insert Tier: Power Princess

Ending Tier: Do you wonder? whatever the song from Epic winter

Way Too Wonderland and Dragon Games worked because they gave character development to characters who were already established

Epic Winter just pulled a character no one knows or cares about out of thin air and thrust her into the spotlight

>But honestly I would have been more interested in seeing Apple have to deal with the loss of her Beard.
it seems like she is still trying to deny it like not commenting in the first episode or trying to be Daring's Beauty and break the curse.

now that her beard has a girl, Apple will have to face her sexuality. she realizes that she can't come out as gay so she chooses Dexter to get with knowing that Raven deserves better and she will take the hit instead

When are we going to get a cheerhexing episode?

WHEN CHARMING WAS A FURRY. DON'T THINK I DIDN'T CATCH YOU CERISE LOOKING AT HIM WITH "DICK ME" EYES.

Oh God yes, I love her cheers for using magic. No one else even needs to be on the team, I just want to see her dance and cheer.

I don't think even Apple has that kind of strength of will. She's seen the plaid shorts. That earth is scorched to her now, even taking a hit for a friend.

Yeah but this also covers up her sexuality. And saves the girl she loves. Cupid then reveala that as a child of a god she will fuck literally anything and tells apple to go to her raven and takes dexter away

Why is Dexter considered so bad? Like, the character has potential if they really wanted to work with him. He obviously wants to bone weird villainesses. Run with that. A love triangle between Raven, Dexter, and probably Faybelle could make an interesting subplot.

His fashion sense and his personality and his voice

Dexter is the guy Raven will settle for after she's had her fun.

John Green is kind of the real life Dexter

No one likes him because he is boring, he is a Lovable Nerd played completely straight. There is no interesting character depth.

The only time he was interesting to me was in the short story by Shannon Hale where he tried being a hero, but in the show and other books he doesn't even try he's just Ravens Nerdy arm candy with the personality of a wet blanket.

Had some development, in that fluff pieces on gossip weren't enough anymore. She has goals, to win the Princess and the Peabody award now.

I though more of John Oliver.

His character is bland and uninteresting, for one strike.

He doesn't really have any flaws besides being awkward, and this means while Daring's character flaws are hilarious Dexter's are just cringey because of the secondhand embarrassment. He has basically no interesting interactions with other people, including his love interests; the only time I have ever smiled at something involving Dexter is when Lizzie was casually terrorizing him while going about her business, and that seems to have ended.

Third, and perhaps most unforgivable, he dresses like he was attacked by a colorblind hipster's laundry.

Bumb with best sufferer

>Faybelle
>Suffering
Were you dropped on your head as a baby or something?

She cried, she MUST be suffering, right guys?
(A.k.a: we, the writers, can't think of a good punishment for her so instead we'll just make her cry.)

Have a better version.

Tears of happiness and relief. Opposite of suffering.

Where can I watch Epic Winter? Netflix is not updated beyond Spring Unsprung in my country.

Are you sure? The show is a Netflix original, meaning worldwide broadcasting rights are with Netflix, and those are the only reason why it wouldn't be 'aired' within a particular region.

>FIRST FOR JACKIE AS BEST NEW BAD GIRL
It's just too bad after this movie we will never see her again. ;_;

Well, to be honest most boy characters are like that in shows targeted at little girls. We can't have yucky boys show up the girls because that would piss off your target audience. It's a power fantasy and having the prince actually rescue the princess would ruin that so we can't have that.
COUGH Classic DisneyCOUGH
I think the only exception is Mulan but she's really not a princess so whatever.

Bump for best forced BFFA

Mother Fearest probably too old to appreciate the fine art of the selfie.

>TFW Cerise is a total FURRY just like dear old mom.

Can someone please explain the Snow King's powers? He seems to be able to do a lot of different magic:
- manipulate ice
- turning people into animals
- turning Daring into the Beast

Well, those last two are clearly of the same stock. It just so happen that what the King did lined up with Daring's Story. As for the range of his powers: Those are of his staff. It's a magical object symbolic for the position, and in Ever After High, symbols have power.

I love stories with sports, the next special should be about Faybelle and Farrah's cheerhexing or Duchess and Justine's skating. They could have a skating meet with a rival school.

Oh, she absolutely appreciates selfies.

Just as a way to embarrass her daughter, that's all.

I would be up for a special or a couple episodes about Justine and Duchess developing a friendly rivalry. Farrah challenging Faybelle for leadership of the team would be pretty cool, too.

There are a couple competent boys at least like Alistair and other uber Wonderland dreamboat, Chase I think his name was.

Now that I think about it it's probably just something in the Ever After water, there's nothing wrong with the Wonderland boys

Someone posted Epic Winter on Youtube. I would really, really recommend not watching it there, but support the show by watching it via the proper channels instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=LosU1rLoGRc

I think the thing with Dexter is that they need to show that he's capable of being just as brave and charming as Daring. Or at lest some other useful skill. He's not even the smartest guy on campus!

I always watch/read tgrough proper channel when I can
(... well, except for One Piece, but I highly doubt I would be able to get all the volumes without renouncing to all the other stuff I buy)

Which of them would discover their feelings for each other first?

She's an interesting character, but I can't stand how everything for her seems to be a game. Apple and Raven re-imprison her in the mirror and she doesn't lose a bit of her smug, she doesn't understand how Raven suffers because of her not even when Raven herself pratically tells her in the face (I agree with the interpretation that she doesn't love Raven per se, but her own ideal of Raven)... to quote "Just another backgrounder" on Tumblr:
>The Evil Queen is that divorced parent that tries to become your “favorite parent,” but then she just reminds you why your family is no longer together.

I think Raven. Apple is probably gayer but she seems more sheltered and naive about these things, it probably wouldn't occur to her that she might like someone other than the person in her story.

Yeah, EQ sorta has the complex that she is above the consequences of her actions, which I suppose is probably a function of how insanely overpowered she is for what her narrative role was. The Evil Queen of Snow White relied on disguise and poison, but this one has truly absurd levels of magic power compared to others we've seen so far.

They are pretty overt in the books at least that while Raven cares about her mom she's long since lost all capacity to trust her and part of the reason Raven's the way she is is realizing at a young age her mom loved her legacy more than she loved Raven. I feel like that still comes through in Dragon Games; Mira wants to be the cool mom, but much like Snow (in Dragon Games, not the books) she's clearly just trying to relive her glory days through her daughter, and her affections seem in part to be based on seeing Raven as an extension of herself. Snow might feel some guilt at the end of Dragon Games for how she's treated Apple, although that's uncertain, but Mira certainly doesn't.

I feel like Apple's feelings for Raven would have developed first but Apple can be oblivious at times while Raven tends to see things how they are. She's later to the party than Apple but the first one to realize how she feels about Apple is not the same as how she feels about Maddie and Cedar.

I stand by my opinion: they both already know about their own feelings, but they don't dare to confess to the other because both girls feel guilty for not being comprehensive enough.

>But honestly I would have been more interested in seeing Apple have to deal with the loss of her Beard.
Apple's first time shaving must hav been horrible.

>Like, the character has potential
that's it, that's the problem. They have him set up for character; but they haven't done shit with him.

It looks like he is getting some character development with Cerise, but at this point I can't give a shit about hi,

Dexter is a school shooting waiting to happen

okay guys so

Duchess = Suffering
Dexter = Killing himself
Crystal = Bullying

does that work?

Oh hai, theotherbackgrounder.

what's up

It would be interesting seeing EQ facing a villain who is even worse and powerful than her. Maybe some ex-classmate who in school times always stole her the first place in Villainy Classes whenever they have lessons together, and that nowadays isn't more famous than EQ only because he never caused the problems she did.
Yet.
We need a more serious villain, who genuinely hates Ever After and only wants to burn everyone and everything without treating the thing as a childplay. Someone that makes EQ saying something like: "I'm evil, but you... you are a monster!"

Might be hard to manage that, but it is doable in the series.

In the books, to the best of my recollection, EQ already had a go at DESTROYING THE UNIVERSE before she was imprisoned forever, so it's kinda hard to top that.

EQ by what I understand tried to conquer Ever After, not to destroy it.

another thing I would like to see, is perhaps others that had aligned themselves with the Evil Queen.

I know she had the Jobberwock, but perhaps characters like "The Black Knight" (that's kind of fairy tale-ish, right?) or as mentioned in the last thread, a rogue Narrator that locked out threats to the evil queen.

The Black KNight concept comes from the legend of Arthur and Round Table knights, and King Arthur was mentioned in the second Hale's book, if I recall correctly, so... I think it's doable.
Wonder if they'll manage to insert the devil from "the three golden hair" Grimm's tale. He could be him the even worse villain
>You may be the EVIL Queen... but I'm the DEVIL! I don't even need an adjective!

I think that's because most of the WL girls are bat shit crazy by our standards that the boys have to be the sane ones and be the ones that get shit done.
It is also too apparent in Monster High and DC Super Hero Girls even since the boys themselves should be power monsters or super heroes in their own right it is really annoying at times that they are only used as jokes mostly.

How about a crossover movie with DC Super Hero Girls. Where the Anti-monitor tries to invade and erase the Ever After High universe and they need all the help they can get to stop it so EQ gets paroled for the time being until they stop the threat.

>crossover movie with DC Super Hero Girls.

ugh, no please, DCSHG is so lame, and frankly i find it way more childish that MH and EAH.

I did a one-shot crossover

archiveofourown.org/works/7516919

Of course, in Wonderland everything is nonsense. By those standards Chase and Alistair are fucking weirdos because they act like Ever After's "normal people."

Whoever does it will be funny to watch Apple mentally wrestle her new desires with her Fairytale ending.

Hey Little can you please draw a variation of Apple and Beast Daring when he licks her, but with Raven or Darling licking Apple on her cheek

Awww this is so cute thank you Little i love it

>apple's dragon telling apple to get her girl
Even the dragon ships it

All you gotta really do to make a fairytale prince fit into the girl power fantasy is make him take orders from his princess. It's not hard. We're kind of getting that out of Rosabella and Daring, the only problem is Rosabella is boring.

Dexter flipping out and trying to fuck up the school would be the best thing you could do for his character.

What kind of story would you come up with to have these two discover their feelings and get together?

I would have dexter and raven start to go out more but with raven having doubts over going out with a nothing of a person. Apple meanwhile starts to get really jealous and distances herself from raven. This makes raven stress out over the fact that her friend isn't acting normal and even more doubts about dexter. Eventually all their friends have has enough and lock them in a closet to face their feelingd

Apple: Briar I don't know about this, I mean dating your villain... Is that really okay?
Briar: Apple you are the one person in the world who isn't allowed to criticize me on dating Faybelle
Apple: What's that supposed to mean?
Briar: you are literally giving Raven a back massage and kissing her hair right now
Apple: (looks down and sees she is doing just that while Raven is enjoying the massage) I'm trying to be supportive to my roommate, she's had a tough day
Raven: actually my day was fine, not too hard, but that doesn't mean I don't like a good back rub. Your hands are magic Apple
Apple: (giggling) anything for you beloved (the two of them stare into each other's eyes as if they were going to kiss)
Briar: see this right here, this is the shit I'm talking about

>Dexter tries to do a school shooting
>Faybelle takes his shit and takes the credit.

All this Dexter annoys me since the character literally has a pic related level power. He can hypnotize people instantly with his eyes if he removes his glasses. Seriously, Dexter could do all sorts of shit with his power but the writers have beta maxed the fuck out of him so it will never be used in a story or arc like it should.

On it!
Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Is it odd that this feels like an actual conversation that could happen.

Off to bed for me.

Thinking back towards the Shannon Hale books, Dexter was much better handeld there (but then again, almost all the characters were).
In it, he's not as awkward as he is in the cartoon, and it's sweet how supportive and caring he is to Raven, and when Raven got a little tempted by the dark side, he brought her back from it.
Some user here created a mega with all the Shannon Hale books, and I highly recommend reading them.

>when Raven got a little tempted by the dark side, he brought her back from it.
But that's my job.

I want to adopt Faybelle