Does your country have frequent government shutdowns?

Does your country have frequent government shutdowns?

It is quite common here in the United States.

i dont like the usa

i don't like usaians

I don't like Unitedstations

I don't like Americans

>the government shut down because of trump

He's the one who set up the whole DACA fight trying to make leverage for himself, he's the one failing to provide Republican leadership in congress and he's the one doing scorched earth policy on Dems even before he was a candidate (birtherism) so yeah, it's kinda fair to say he's involved in this.

what does any of what you said have to do with democrats refusing to agree on the budget

Do you understand the concept of compromise in politics? Also last I checked Rand Paul isn't a Democrat

A lot of countries don't run the presidential system, where there is nothing to stop the president and the parliament from going "no u" and causing the government to crash.
On top of that, a lot of countries don't throw a shitfit like a 3 year old retard whenever Trump is mentioned.

>I'm australian

we are running on tribal politics my friendly emu, it doesn't matter what democrats do when the republican party is split in different tribes.

The government shutdown thing is unique to the US, other presidential systems don't have that.

Also who's throwing a fit in here? I don't see anyone even using insults in this thread

>The government shutdown thing is unique to the US
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of political gridlocks.
>Also who's throwing a fit in here? I don't see anyone even using insults in this thread
The US public in general. Have you seen how they react to anything coming from Trump?

America needs a dictator. There's no way you can get a population as diverse as the americans to agree on anything.

Everyone knows it. It happened to Russia, it happened to China and it will happen to India and America.

it's worked for 300 years, calm down

And it hasn't really worked since the 60s, what's your point? The last 50 years has proven that democracy and the American state as it stands are simply incompatible. The only options are:

>Balkanization
>Dictatorship

That's it.

my point is it's going to work

that's my point

Well, it is their president man, as for political gridlock you do see such things as lame duck premiers (Britain is a good example right now) and votes of no conficence in parliamentary systems, sometimes even problems people forming government coalitions at all.

Compromise is a part of politics.

>votes of no conficence
ye see, that's actually the next best thing, when there is no compromise, you can at least dissolve the parliament and re-elect the whole govenment, but there is not such option in the US so they just sit around.

I don't understand house and senate politics: the post

Fair enough, they will be having a midterm this year tho, so it really is going to be up to voters whether they decide to mantain Republican control of congress, give them full control of the senate or turn over one or two houses to the Democrats. It doesn't work all that different as if a vote of no confidence had been scheduled from this point moving forward. except Trump will remain in power regardless.

You could argue that still leaves the same government in place but then people did vote for the president directly unlike what you get in a parliament. Granted, there would be a stronger case to make for that if the US had a system that honored the popular vote.

Did the 2nd shutdown already happen today?
I'm impressed Rand Paul was able to single-handedly shut down the government

Why is it that Mexican people always get geopolitics wrong? I'm being serious.

This isn't a partisan thing. I really mean that Mexicans believe themselves to be smart on this board and consistently misunderstand how the world works. I'm going to start documenting this because I notice it very persistently on here and I know that I can prove Mexicans wrong, but I can't be fucked just now. Now cue some funposting about creaturas and dumb Americans and so forth, you'll have dispatched me.

That may be the case, but at least we understand how the term geopolitics should be used and your domestic policy is not it.

Then again you were simply making an empty claim with no argument behind so I guess this is all rethoric rather than substance.Almost as if you got this from a guide somewhere...

This, right here. I'll start with you. This is exactly what I'm talking about. What you're obliged to do at this point is to defend some particular version(s) of the meaning of the word(s) "geopolitics" as the "correct" one(s) in order to undermine what I'd said, and rhetorically show up Le Dumb American. Never mind that geopolitics is a large scale catch-all word relating to foreign policy, physical geography, states, related concepts, and above all was /clearly used in that sense, in the above context, as you yourself well know, having thorough command of English. Nor would it be valid for you at this point to imply some sort of "backtracking" on my part, for no ground has been conceded, so don't even bother trying that angle.

The next simple error on your part is in attempting to banish American domestic policy from your own arbitrary, fictive, specific "geopolitics" (which you must to do to make your point). Again you are forced to rely upon the projection of the dumb American who knows nothing outside his own country in order to shame the opponent into some sort of naivete about the rest of the world. Quite the opposite, "geopolitics" suggests international understandings, and from the Mexican point of view, United States domestic policy is of course an international, immediately pertinent, properly geopolitical concern. It is only by falsely turning our domestic policy back on ourselves that you would hope to rhetorically shame, and thus "win". Never mind of course that we are also the Big Creatura In The Room.

I want to get to the substance of why it is that Mexicans consistently misunderstand the international political world as they do. This post represents a first stab at the diagnosis. It may be time for me to review Catholic culture, dependency theory, and some books on development.

Man, you're just doing character assasination here, can't you at least be honest about it? Your post is triggered SJW tier levels of nonsense and insecurity
>This right there
Some semantic argument about geopolitics, here's the thing, no one real world uses that term in the context of discussing domestic politics unless it serves a specific purpose (eg blue vs red states) and even then you just come off as pedantic, you would have been better off just admiting you used the term carelessly and that it missed whatever point you were trying to make.
>Le Dumb American
Nice projection, you're implying a lot in there, unlike you I haven't used ad hominem
>The next simple error
Some more spastic argumentation on semantics
>dumb American... shame your opponent
I guess the muttposting really did a number on you, how the fuck did you get all that from either of the two comments and you're responding to? Even if you recognize me as a poster you should at least come out with it and write something that makes more sense.
>why is it that Mexicans consistently misunderstand
But you haven't gotten to the substance of that ese, I made a simple argument on politics based on three very sepecific points, the called you out on writing a generalization of Mexican flags on this board based on no argument at all, the point to me isn't the term geopolitics even if I will mantain you're defending using it in an unusual and ridiculously pretentious way.
>first stab at diagnosis
Very well Dr. Fedora, please do keep us all posted on your fascinating and very serious research on the subject of how you think Mexican posters always get "geopolitics" wrong.

Meanwhile, I'll just say it plainly, you've got issues. Maybe it's racism, maybe not, but apparently you're shellshocked at being continuously called a dumb mutt and what do you know? An American using a Mexican as a scapegoat once again, I guess you'd call that geopolitics.