Marvel vs DC Threads

Can we please stop with this console wars shit?

Seriously, I'm so fucking tired of not being able to discuss one company's films because it always turns into "us vs them" shitposting. This is Sup Forums-tier shitposting and I'm sick of it.

You wanna know something? I bet the people who keep talking about "MARVEL/DC BTFO, BASED DC/MARVEL" never actually gave 2 shits about them until someone started making it a competition. I honestly like both of them, but I can't even discuss them in peace anymore because of this stupid contest that you faggots insist on pushing every chance you get.

Just stop, okay? I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, and it's probably too late anyway, but I seriously cannot take it any longer. Just leave Sup Forums in peace and stop trying to turn it into Sup Forums or Sup Forums.

i tried user, things just never change

I'm sick of defending DC user, but I admit I enjoy shitting on Marvel.
It's a very primal thing, something deep and dark about human nature

Time to give up son, Sup Forums is here to stay.

At this point I wish mods would just bad live action threads all together. They're just pointless shitposting and company wars.

Take it to Sup Forums, then. I at least have the decency to take my shitposting urges to boards that are already shit. Sup Forums is one of the few big boards that you can actually discuss things on, and I don't want to see it go the way of other big boards like Sup Forums, tv/, etc.

post punished Tom.

Yeah I do the same.

Whenever I feel the need to shitpost, I just go to Sup Forums. I don't like to shit where I eat.

People will always turn to tribalism, because they are always hungry for a way to aggrandize themselves off the accomplishments of others while tearing down someone else

it's too late

the best thing you can do is leave

There's literally nowhere else to go.

I agree OP.
Marvel's just so ahead of DC that I don't see the point. It's like kicking a paraplegic.

Actually this

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't actually care about the MCU or DCEU, you just want an excuse to fling shit at a perceived enemy and to feel like you're part of a "winning" team.

there's always outside

No. We can't.

It seems like every DC fan but me is willing to plug their ears and pretend WB's films aren't total dogshit simply so they can play some kind of pathetic game with Marvelfags.

They're too far gone now. Movie shit has ruined the DC fanbase. They've been turned into a bunch of bitter, spiteful, utterly delusional manchildren, and they will only be happy when these awful fucking films that shit all over the characters we love are lauded as the greatest thing since the wheel. Or when Marvel Studios burns to the ground, whichever comes first.

it's like a race
for a while dc was winning the 100 meter dash (sometimes silver, sometimes bronze)
marvel kept on tripping up (early 80's)
then it decided to outsource it's athletes (fox/sony)
marvel started getting some wins

now you have a relay race (movie universe)
marvel is winning pretty well (iron man, thor, hulk, capt america)
dc decided to use one character to run the relay
it lost (twice. one with green lantern and again with man of steel)
then in the next relay it decided to say, 'fuck it. where gonna win fast and hard. we got batman/superman/and wonderwoman'
it made it to the finish line, but barely.

marvel has some pretty good relay runners (ant man, guardians of the galaxy, (now spiderman), capt america, iron man, doctor strange, hulk, thor, etc). and it's pool of runners is getting bigger and better.

dc is fumbling around with a coach that appears to want hardass motherfuckers with edgy tattoos and tragic backgrounds to be the hopeful underdog winners and doesn't know how to place them in order.

>>then in the next relay it decided to say, 'fuck it. where gonna win fast and hard. we got batman/superman/and wonderwoman'
>it made it to the finish line, but barely.
Hahahahahaha

Marvel had never been good.

It's all just trolls trolling trolls.
It's a couple of people playing pretend.
The simple unfortunate nature of it, is that this has to be staged where everyone can see it and that it takes up more room than actual discussion because shitposting moves pretty fast.
You could really just ignore all of it, if it weren't for some of these people trying to drag everyone else into their little game.

Is it possible to like both Marvel and DC and not be a casual?

Yes, only casuals engage in company wars.

It's the movie discussion that droves most of it. The comics discussion threads are pretty chill (although heavily skewed in favor of DC due to various factors) but the discission of the cinematic universes just draws a disgusting amount of shitposting and dickwaving on both sides.

just be casual my man. youll be better off for it, read what you like and be happy instead of getting super invested and winding up like the fucking weirdos obsessed with shitty old characters who have been dead for 4 decades

Agreed OP.

I characters from both Marvel and DC. I'd adore seeing Marvel and DC do crossovers like they used to before Joe Quesada burned all those bridges. Hell I'd love to see the Justice League and the Avengers crossover in film.

But I think it's reasonable to criticise either company when they do dumb shit (Marvel NOW... Again). Because I want to be able to go into my Local Comic Book Store on Wednesday and pick up not just a good issue of Batman, but also a good issue of Wolverine.