Your grace, forgive me, but your translation is not accurate. That noun has no gender in high valyrian

>Your grace, forgive me, but your translation is not accurate. That noun has no gender in high valyrian

How deep does the social justice hysteria hole go?

kek I had to look it up and it's real.

to be honest though the chicks that are going to be raped at the end balanced it out
the episode was godlike all in all in fact, different director and writer and it shows

I took it as more of that she is trying to relay the word as "it" than to "him/her". I don't think they are trying to say "gender pronoun sjw"

>gender was a spectrum in Old Valyria

I literally, physically, unironically cringed upon hearing that
what the FUCK were they thinking?

It's a proper grammar thing to say a neutral gender noun. It predates all the modern bullshit.

But the whole prince/princess thing instead of just saying an actual neutral noun like ruler or monarch or sovereign or fucking something that wasn't 70's teen movie "What if God is actually a her?" awfulness was just cringeworthy.

high valyrian has four noun classes that don't correspond to gender

The producers are bleeding heart liberals. Where the fuck have you been until now?

Do you not know what a gender pronoun is?

I don't even know anyone who doesn't watch this unironically

WAKE UUUUP
WAKE UUUUP
WAKE UUUUP
WAKE UUUUP
WAKE UUUUP

How long? Not long
Cause what you reap
Is what you sow

>he's still watching this garbage
It's nothing but normie pandering now.

Watching it ironically just so you can shitpost about it here isn't exactly productive either.

Dany is already acting like megalomaniac cunt and all that pandering to SJWs is killing the franchise.

YASS QUEEEEN

fucking hell
each thread about this show is worse than the last

has it really gone to complete shit?

Bill Nye saves the Iron Throne

The motivation is obvious though...why would you include such an unnecessary, hamfisted line anyway? It's pandering

>uhhhh excuse me? girls can't fulfill prophecies too xD

I miss RATM every day

this. It's truthful to the books which pre-date all the SJW bullshit. Valyrian is somewhat inspired by Latin you illiterate idiots

I don't so much watch the show as I do pirate it and use it as background noise while edging

dothraki = migrants
lord of light cult = islam
mother of dragons = hillary

cersei is drumpf?

It's like that in the books so the reader is guessing whether Dany or Jon are the Prince that was Promised because they both very much apply.

Quit your bitching.

yes she even had little autistic tommon (barron)

It's the motivation behind including that in the show, retard
Why? Why would you have a dialogue about grammar and gender?

>Why? Why would you have a dialogue about grammar and gender?

So you can wonder whether it's Jon or Dany, retard. It's literally little to do with gender.

Ah fuack off! Even if it's in the book you know perfectly well how they instrumentalized in the show in a manipulative way to fit their agenda.

Anybody realize the unsullied are basically a tranny army half way through their sex change?

>It's literally little to do with gender.
so the whole interaction about gender in the OP is my imagination?

The reason they've done that isn't to YASS QUEEN SLAY, they've done it because it's an age old fantasy trope to have you wondering if prophecies are real or not.

It's just storytelling.

>it's little to do with gender
>other than that it might a character of the other gender

If Dany was Danny the targaryen bloke the gender thing wouldn't be included. It's only put in to keep it ambiguous.

Not saying GoT doesn't pander to SJWs but this part has literally nothing to do with it.

>ITT faggots not knowing about linguistics
Also it's mentioned in the books as well

Yes but YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER, it's a character of the other gender because she fits all the fucking aspects of the prophecy except for the fact that she has a vagina - born amidst salt and smoke, born under a bleeding star, etc etc.

Fuck you are so dense; it's literally just done to keep you in suspense as to who the Messiah is gonna be. It's not because the character is a girl, it's because the archetype is is ambiguous.

I don't know how much more simply I can explain it.

There are times when GoT panders to SJWs, but this isn't it.

>There are times when GoT panders to SJWs, but this isn't it.

You just don't see it.

>They go out of they way to present it as a language difference
>When the word "heir" was used several times in the series

Uh-huh. Great writing right there.

>getting this mad about being wrong

Protip: Not everything that involves a gender involves SJW-genderspectrum-pandering. People talk about genders since the beginning of time but now that the liberal loonies started this whole gender-is-a-spectrum bullshit a lot of spergs (like you) heap every comment about gender on the same pile but doing that is almost as bad as what the SJW's are doing.
Something something horseshoe spectrum.

>but i am not a prince
>ummm no sweetie but your translation is not accurate :^)

>heir
>prince of princess
>same thing

I give up, the people that whine about this are linguistically challenged.

Reminder this is a plot point in the book.

>No one ever looked for a girl..It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar I thought … the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King’s Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar Targaryen was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet.

>What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years.

Protip: You know nothing about filmmaking. There are hundreds of people who looked over that scripts and that line was intentionally placed and acted out like they thought it would be fit. There's no random in this. It might be subtle but it's still manipulative micro-pandering.

It's included to give some ambiguity to who the prophecy is referring to. You're meant to take it as a clue that it's Dany and not Jon who is the prince. It is a red herring.

>micro-pandering
You've firmly cemented yourself as the other side of the demented SJW coin, thanks for playing

I like how the only one with a cock and balls in dany's team is the dwarf

The line where they explain it was terribly written, yet the reason everyone thinks it's shit is because of a noun being gender less, Jesus Christ I hate this board

>dude, there are no languages without gendered pronouns at all

XYRSE WERE DRAGONS WAE A TRADE

It's pretty obvious, you idiot, that "Prince" and "Princess" will NOT be the same word. It's imperative that you differentiate between males and females in a royal family, or any system of inheritance, for reasons of succession.
It's obvious that they just made this up to hype up SJWs. If you don't get this, you're either an SJW yourself, or you're incapable of connecting disjointed dots to form a cohesive picture.

Doesn't mean it isn't true.

I don't anybody in here actually denies it has been placed intentionally, but we're debating about what the intention was.

As I and others
have stated; it's for storytelling reasons, not pandering. It's literally a plot point and debate in the book. And it's not like real world ancient languages don't contain neutral nouns.

A game of thrones (book) came out in 1996. You're really going to argue that GRRM was SJW pandering back then? Back when SJWs or political correctness weren't even a thing?

But yeah, keep calling people idiots.

Why is it all the leaders in Westeros now are female?

>Olenna
>Asha
>Cersei
>Jon
>Salsa
>That sand snake cunt who was fucking Oberyn

>it's for storytelling reasons
it's both. it's also a *wink wink* moment to empowered womyn

This.

The term is dog-whistling.

Holy shit. It was ment as a twist, not a fucking SJW thing. God. Go back to le kekistan and r/the donald

>continuing to be unable to connect data points
Obviously, they made up the "Valyrian doesn't have a word for Prince, IT COULD ACTUALLY BE A CHICK, LOL" line just this episode.
GRRM presumably wrote about the prince that was promised back then, intending a male, and did not deign to include an entire Valyrian dictionary to accompany.

Anyway, moral of the story. Try to think more, comrade. It's time for me to go to bed.

Sure, it was just an incredibly unsubtle way to do it though

Wow, SJWs sure have deep infiltrated our culture. What are we going to do now? Trannies and dykes and faggots are taking away our children and jobs.. Literally can't even go out of my house anymore.

it's finally happened, fellers,
It's literally the end times

It's not just that they said valyrian doesn't know genders, you have to see it in context of the show. They said in the valyian kingdom were no genders when valyira in made out to be some magical wonderland utopia, where dragons flew the skies and smiths made weapons that don't break etc. When they say in valyria there are no genders it's obvisiously a wink towards progressivism, like something SJWs long for.

Also it should be seen in context to the rest of the episode, where that old woman said she survived because she didn't listen to clever men mansplaining to her, and then clever men try to convince Jon (a trusted ally of feminism) to not go see Dany because she can't be trusted because she's a progressive.

Because feminism is a main theme of a song and ice and fire.

Valar morghulis means "All men must die".

she had nice tits lads

Also clever man told Sam to not heal Jorah, another trusted ally and beta orbiter.

did they make this distinction in the books?

>The men of Westeros are sheep.
>Are you a sheep?
>No, you're a dragon.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS QUEEEN SLAAAYYY

All of a sudden valarian knows genders? Are you sure this isn't a translational error and it means "everbody must die"?

'Sup, r/got

Imagine a scenario where the only difference between Jon and Dany is that Jon would be caucasian and Dany was asian. Forget about genders.

If the translated prophecy would read
>the caucasian that was promised will bring the dawn

But high Valyrian would make no distinctions between races and in fact, only incorporated the word for ''human''. This scene (with hypothetical context) would still be necessary to create the ambiguity that both Jon and Dany are eligible candidates for the prophecy.

THAT is the reason it was included.

This.

I miss Lord of the Rings, where there were no useless women around, and if they were, they had minor roles like they deserve.

Women in general are fucking useless and only good for breeding, even men can do housekeeping better. I never talk to women.

Cersei is Drumpf
Dany is Hilldawg
Jon is Trudeau

You should start breeding men my guy, it's not my style but lots of people just like you are making the switch. Or you could be bred yourself, possibilities are endless.

How does it feel being dense?
We all know it is a very unsubtle plot point, but it's also a statement on genders and male-centric fantasy tropes. Crank up that sentience, big guy

Can we just string up the Sup Forums-types already? Like go to every house in the U.S. and just drag them out one by one? I dont even give a fuck anymore. Tolerance is wasted on the intolerant.

kill yourself

The one true king

>being a beta cuck SJW

go hang yourself you stupid fucking cuck

String them up by what? Your LGBTBBW bracelet? Through a hail of bullets? "Sup Forums-types" doesn't end with Sup Forums, and I promise you that you're in an extreme minority.

Source
>gay and trans make up less than 1% of US population

>the anti-SJW's have retorted to ''it's for storytelling aswell as pandering'' arguments

Didn't check the thread for 10 minutes but I guess we won lads.

fucking kek.

come and try it sweetie I dare ya

of course not. If this was a real planned thing and not something the hack show writers made up GRRM would have used a gender neutral word from the start. It's completely retarded that she wouldn't know the valyrian for Princess.

>I am literally, unironically and objectively a pathetic feminist "ally" hoping for pussy: the post

>implying lgbtq & sjws are actually tolerant

>dumb damaged goods women working with a midget, a dickless snake in the grass and a pussywhipped retard to import brown savages into the first world

hmmm

Excuse me but that's a DISEASED pussywhipped retard, thank you

I didn't realize there were so many experts of an ancient fictional language on this board. And I would bet that she's not the one who was promised anyway.

Is Jorah the biggest cuck in tv history?

Is he going to be cured of greyscale and return to Dany only to watch her get fucked by Jon?

Yes, he's there to brainwash males to become cucks like Jorah, portraying him as a good character but sneaking in cuck-ish actions. He is a cuck role model, and one of the biggest traps of this SJW show.

good point

I also forgot

>the brown savages being imported are being used as an army to subjugate the people

really gets the woggin loggin

You know there are quite a few languages with no gender nouns in real life, right?

They are stupid SJW languages and shouldn't be spoken.

In true redpill languages everything is either male or female.

>they said valyrian doesn't know genders

No they didn't.

No wonder they were doomed.

I thought your dad was the designated cuck role model

>you just realize that "president", "minister" or "secretary" has no gender either.

>it's a grammar-based plot point

bravo dabid and dabiel

Extremely deep. Cucks are now everywhere, including this thread.
We need a good, old fashioned purge.