Can someone please tell me what the fuck this is supposed to be?

Is it a reference to something? Am I supposed to recognize it from somewhere? What the literal fuck am I even looking at here?

Theories? Guesses? Does anyone have anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370405
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhEIz9SzrPk
vimeo.com/30798517
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe you could tell us where the screenshot is from you inbred fuck?

It's just a giant spooky thing you dumb nigger

I really like this show and hope it keeps doing it's thing without pandering to subgroups on social media.

eldritch abomination #359694

cloverfield monster?

>big monster is revealed in a silohoutte of explosion

kill me

It's from something you're probably too young for your parents to let you watch.

you fucker son of betch! fucking fucker!

It's there to proof that Snyder was a hack for doubting a giant tentacle monster.

No u.

No, it's clearly something in the upside down and you have all the information everyone else does from the trailer.

It's a fucking.

Something love craftian.

It's the Thesselhydra.

kathlu

lol

Trailer for season 2 of Stranger Things

Based on your question, you don't understand this genre at fucking all. And I'm not referring to that shitty series, but to the genre it's trying to mimic, mystery/cosmic horror/whatever the fuck you want to call it. The moment you know what things are they become completely uninteresting, so stop asking those retarded questions you brainless retard.

fuck off viral marketer

It's the sheer stupidity of a bunch of retards who bought wholesale into the hype taking physical form.

hellboy did it better

>The moment you know what things are they become completely uninteresting
This is only true if the answer is boring.

It's me

Incorrect. The more you delve into the substance of something, the more you know about something, the less scary it is. If you know what soemthing is there's literally no mystery to it.

>Creepy abomination in the distance in a hellscape
>no actually uh the government did this they created this plane and this creature trying to build a weapon

This is literally the plot of that series and it's that shitty explanation that ruined it.

I mean you can make vague allusions to what it is and even give it a name but only enough to fire up curiosity. Too much and it's spoiled.

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370405
Bravo

When isn't it boring? Either it's something so abstract and you end up with the same amount of mystery or something so specific it just sucks the mystery out of it.
Give me three (3) examples of a satisfying answer in movies/series.

The creepy abomination answer would be an interesting one.

Not the case with cosmic horror. Not knowing is the very source of why its creepy.

The idea that there's shit out there that we can't know is terrifying. We don't need detailed backstories to everything. We shouldn't get explanations for the origins of unknowable horrors.

The Froggo monster

Looks like that shit from The Mist

Lovecraftian kino confirmed \o/

This

Punch some fans in the face in the face

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WhEIz9SzrPk

No one said the answer needed to be a complete explanation. Sometimes leaving just enough answers to make you wish you knew more (or less) is enough. Lovecraft never left the answers completely opaque and unknowable.

>threatening to go full Lovecraft

Frank... you don't ever want to know about that. Really.

Yes he did. He would say "this shit is too weird for we humans to understand." and we roll with it. Any answers we have about his mythos stuff came from other authors who piggybacked on his works.

Its Cthulu's pet starfish you newb

It's this
vimeo.com/30798517

Maybe it's supposed to be kahthooloo?

He still made references to prehuman civilizations and societies. If he made things completely unknown, he wouldn't even talk about those.