Does anyone actually like JRJR's art?

Does anyone actually like JRJR's art?

Yes

Lots of people

He is one of the best

He used to be great. I still think a lot of his modern crappiness is due to working with the wrong colorists.

Yes. See: The Man Without Fear

It is true his stuff looks so much better when it is colored flatter

I don't think it's fair to call him lazy like a lot of other high profile artists, I just think his style has changed a lot of the years and in almost every way it was for the worst.

80s and early 90s stuff?
Absolutely
post 00s
no

There is good modern stuff to, you just gotta be more selective.

Yep. Most colorists just shit all over his work these days.

Blood & Metal is also really great

So you're saying that all of his Superman run was bad because of colourists?

That's literally the only page people ever use as an example of his bad art. He's a great artist and that book deserved the quality of art it got.

All he needs is for Dan Green it ink him again.

His stuff is looking good in All Star so DC seems to have cracked that code.

Or Zombie Al Williamson.

all of his superman run

Most stylised 80s artist experienced that. Look at Kevin Maguire

A quick google search does not reveal anything terribly wrong with the art in that.

Maybe you just don't like his style.

His Iron Man is cool too, especially because you can see his style really come into his own from being a more house style box

Yes. JRJR is the main reason I'm picking up ASB

How many issues is he on it for?

I dunno why, but he's way better suited to Marvel, possibly because he's sort of reminiscent of Kirby/Ditko.

Although if he did a Flash story in the vain of something like Darwyn Cooke's Spirit, I bet it'd be cool.

He's fucking great. one of the best working. i actually bought All Star Batman

>2014
?
Where did you get this picture from? (picture, not page, I know the issue)

He was legit excellent back in the day.

He's admitted that the change in style is because he rushes more now.

He's back with Dean White, one of the few contemporary colorists who actually works well with his style. White is a fucking amazing colorist though.

Digital release of a trade I think

He's shit, and draws like a webcomic artist.

Once again honorary legionnaire proves he's got taste

Yes.

I was never too big a fan.

But he can still be great when he doesn't sloppily rush shit and works with people that know how to properly handle his art.

Depends on how little a fuck he gives on the book

Doing Spider-man, Punisher, Daredevil and Batman, he's awesome. Not much to the rest.

JRJR's panel layouts and story-telling is still god tier

that's just something you don't teach, it's experience. stories are very easy to follow and he can really draw people kicking the shit out of each other

his problem is he's slowed down, age is everybody's enemy. if he isn't rushed he's still great. but it's hard to make monthly deadlines

He, along with Dillon, is just one of those artist who A. NEEDS a good inker, and B. who you can instantly tell is being rushed/lazy

As you use an example from 30 years ago.

His Spider-Man is always amazing

He needs to be teamed with the right people. His art on JMS's Amazing Spider-Man was perfect. His creator-owned book, "The Gray Zone," was crap.

That Dark Knight special he did with Frank Miller was the best work he's done in probably fifteen years.

Fuck yeah JRJR

He's great, but his style doesn't fit every character. I wouldn't want him doing Superman, or Batman, for example

i don't think the way he synthesized his father's style with Kirby's gets enough respect and for the most part it goes ignored by the modern reader

His All-star Batman work is baller as fuck, just a shame it's stuck on Snyder

His art on Superman right before DCYou was fucked up. Everyone looked like their face was completely flat.

Love his action, composition and paneling.
Really dislike his faces.

Daredevil: Man Without Fear is one of my favorite stories and I think JR JR art is fucking beautiful in it.

I like the way he draws Spider-Man

>His All-star Batman work is baller as fuck

Yeah, I think his inker makes or breaks him. Klaus Johnson stuff is what every posts, which hasn't been good in decades. Miki made his stuff in All-Star Batman look absolutely fantastic.

Gave us one of the best Hulk vs Abomination fights.

this, the art was great and his joker was hot

>his joker

I'd say Millerverse's Joker has been homoerotically sexualized from day one

Well, it's always clean artwork despite the style being the type that can become cluttered easily, and when I first saw it I thought it was "fresh" before I eventually got sick of it.
It's not bad artwork, it just doesn't impress after you get used to it.

That is not even a good example.
I'm yet to see a single really good Romita jr drawing.

of course, i was just complimenting how he looks in jrjr's style

>DARLING

5. Then Jock/Francavilla, then Murphy. Aufa Richardson, Tula Lotay and Lee Bermejo are also going to do art. I wish Cloonan would do something in the future as well.

Honestly hate him more than land and any other meme-hate artist, I just can't stand his fucking stuff.

>my sweet

yes and no. granted, i'm pretty new to the game, but I loved his work in daredevil : man w/o fear but a lot of the stuff i see by him is pretty blocky and unnattractive to my eye, but holy shit the dark knight returns thing he did and DD are fuckin sick. any recs for more good JR jr art?

Ok, nothing great. A very basic and simple page.

Ok page. Bad nose on last panel. Sameface syndrome. For that chair to fit between his both legs they would've been bizarrely wide apart.

Acceptable but in no way great. His waist is all wrong, his belt is in the middle of his abdomen. Crazily contorted torso.

Seriously bad.

Just terrible. What is supposed to be happening there? Big dude's head makes no sense to where his neck should be. Size of Sentry's fists are embarrassing.

All these same faces, expressions and above retarded body sizes to perspective.

He's honestly worst than "tumblr artists", but Sup Forums will let his gross ass excuse for art pass because he's a established name. Not even mentioning the hideous hatching, polluting every single thing he does. He never got the memo that hatching is meant to build shadow and volume, not just be thrown everywhere. He can barely grasp things being positioned in a 3d space.
Just a proof that as long as you can draw something that is recognized as a human figure you'll end up getting fans.

My dude you know fuck all about art. Stop posting.

So who do you consider a decent artist that's still working in the industry ?

>Aufa Richardson
Hiky crap, why? She's godawful and she'll look even worse surrounded by all these amazing artists.
It's because she's black and female, isn't it?

How don't like how he draws the faces. They look like Neanderthals with those perturbation on their foreheads

That's pretty fucking hilarious to me. I ain't about to prove my artistic skill, knowledge or how much time I spent studying, I'm just going to point to you and laugh at your shit taste for liking all this diarrhea enough to call it "art".
Later, faggot.

i don't think you like comics

John literally calls his style the deadline style, i.e. the more time he has to work on each page, the better his artwork looks.

say what you will about morlun as a character, god knows he was shitty in spider verse, but romita's art of spidey vs morlun was great in the first volume

literally not muh: the post

You're not even commenting on composition or draftsmanship which are the most important part of comic art.