Apparently, Wonder Woman Is A "Mess"

Pajiba published an article today from a former WB employee about Kevin Tsujihara running the studio to the ground.

pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php

A big thing that stuck out from the article is this blurb about Wonder Woman.

>What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn’t be such a mess. Don’t try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it’s another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over.

>Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn’t be such a mess. Don’t try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it’s another mess.

oh boy

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/warner-bros-launch-hanna-barbera-cinematic-univers-235224
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wRv8vTpxo
youtube.com/watch?v=0fZVA9TPwj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's WB

At this point, DC should just burn it all and stray away from cape films. It's clear that they'll never reach Marvel's level of profits, so why bother?

Make a Hannah Barbera universe instead, DC.

WB fucking over another DC movie?

What a shock.

Devin Faraci is actually a legit DC source
Wait to hear what he says

So I don't understand the contract with WB and DC. of WB continues to run their ips into the ground, couldn't DC somehow use that to get out of the contract and get their ips back??

Probably not, since WB owns DC (and all its IPs) wholesale.

WB owns DC. Wholly and completely.

>employee is butthurt they got fired and now trying to get attention/revenge by throwing shade

It's just like Bennett all over again. Maybe Marvel will hire her now that she threw her bosses under the bus.

People are surprised a good movie taking place during WW1 couldn't be made?

The moment Wonder Woman was confirmed to fight for the British was the moment you should realise that the movie was going to be shit.

She's seperate from "man world" and mans world is embroiled in a terrible senseless conflict. So what is true to Wonder Womans character?

Oh I dunno just throw her in the fucking war and have her murder people who just want to get back to their families.

>A DC film is bad
Wow what unexpected news.

avclub.com/article/warner-bros-launch-hanna-barbera-cinematic-univers-235224

Oh. Fuck. DC is screwed.

Well fuck I'm still gonna watch it but yeah fuck.

Boco, do I really have to say it? I think you know what's coming.

They should focus on their kaiju universe.

It seems that every DC movie that already has begun filming aren't doing so hot.

Kevin Tsujihara during his time as DC publisher was probably the one who was responsible behind the scenes for the firings of Denny O'Neil and Dan Raspler.

One of these days I should watch the trailer.

Sigh...yes sir...

Too late to kick Snyder out, most likely.

It stars a woman. He wouldn't dare say anything bad about it, true or not.

Doesn't matter if it's a mess. Sup Forums will still defend it 8 times a day regardless.

Well, shit. I didn't know about the layoffs. I don't like most of WB's recent output but I thought they were profitable at the very least

So the screenplay will be shit like the other movies?
I enjoyed BvS for what it was, but SS was just a dull head scratcher.

>Oh I dunno just throw her in the fucking war and have her murder people who just want to get back to their families.

I think Sup Forums is pretty split honestly, it's not that bad of a circlejerk either way, I see a lot of criticism for shit movies here too.

>hurr durr Sup Forumsmblr

That's a stale meme and you know it. The threads about this film are still flooded with "This bitch doesn't deserve a movie" and "it's directed by a woman, of course it's going to be shit" posts.

>Too late to kick Snyder out, most likely.
It was too late for the DCU when Batman vs. Superman scriptwriters decided that the proper response to criticism of Man of Steel was to make fun of its critics and double down on everything.

The studio backed him, and now it's their waterloo. Executives can't admit they were wrong without looking stupid, and they'd rather sink a multibillion dollar franchise than look stupid.

Nazins aren't people.

Wonder Woman will be a shit movie, to the surprise of nobody.

I'm sure that shitty propaganda comic was a great story that really should be emulated when trying to make good art.

Is Pajiba a reliable news website?

He's talking about DC fanboys you fucking spaz

Well, they obviously learned their mistake. And whatever the first movie is that they make after JL will probably be done with a completely new approach. Like no Snyder whatsoever.

The trick is whether or not the franchise will live long enough for that.

WB is a Mess
WB is a Mistake
WB is a Big Fat Disgrace

Nah, he hated Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn. If it's DC, he hates it.
Unless maybe Feig and that fat comedy chick are somehow involved.

Haven't even heard of them until today senpai, so I'm guessing no

Worked for Marvel.

[Bullhorn]

WW2 is different too because "lol all nazis are evil what is conscription"

WW1 is generally accepted even as a terrible senseless war.

I meant because it's a DCEU movie but wow that's some amazing projection you've got going there.

Apparently it's not different enough since they had to make the movie about Hydra and separate them from Nazis. They spent the whole damn film skirting around the very idea so as not to offend anyone.

>Wonder Woman "a mess"
>Justice League is another bloated Snyder joint now with forced quips
>The Flash lost its release date, script is being heavily touched up and just retreading the TV show, supposed to appeal to "the teen crowd"
>Justice League 2 in limbo
>Captain Marvel frozen
>Cyborg just a pipe dream
>Green Lantern Corps an idea at best

Save us, Aquaman.

>You just don't get it. And it's not just DC movies, it's your whole slate. Jupiter Ascending. Get Hard. Hot Pursuit. Max. Vacation. Pan. Point Break. Fucking PAN, you jerk. People lost their jobs and you decided Pan was a good idea. You think another Jungle Book is a good idea.

I didn't even realise all of these blunders were from WB. And really, why the fuck are they making another live action Jungle Book?

If Mano of steel and BvS are hidden gems that will acquire cult status in 100 years and SS is some sort of uprising againts critics that will define this generation, then how will taliban fans defend WW?

They've been planning a Jungle Book for years. They only delayed it because they found out about Disney's version.

Whats Pan?

No they didnt. Hydra = Nazis. It's perfectly 1-to-1 and not even your imaginary tumblr bogeywoman cant take that fact away.

REEEEE QUIET OR PAPA SPANK

>What's Pan?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wRv8vTpxo

youtube.com/watch?v=0fZVA9TPwj8

4u

It was a Peter Pan movie that came out last year.

>Whats Pan?

A terrible live action Peter Pan movie that's actually an origin story and Captain Hook is Pan's friend.

Ah yes...THAT...

Es dis... KAN-E-DAH?

Red Skull literally says they've grown beyond the Nazi regime and that they stand for something completely different. There's a whole scene about murdering nazi officers to prove it.

>Well, they obviously learned their mistake.
[citation needed]

>And whatever the first movie is that they make after JL will probably be done with a completely new approach.
MoS, DoJm SS, WW, JL... that's 5 films. (And by all indications Justice League and its sequel are basically one film -- the entire first film setting up the second.)
So the SEVENTH FILM is when they're going to perform the retool that was obviously needed after the first one hit theatres?
Obviously needed BEFORE actually... Snyder and Goyer wanted to add the neck-snap at the last second because the script was lackluster and they needed a hook. EVERYONE told them not to do it but Snyder harangued WB into letting it happen. This is liberally ... the writing was on the wall during the SCRIPT PHASE for Man of Steel! Everyone who knew the material was saying "No, do not choose this direction!" And they not only chose that direction, they doubled down! Because that's what winner do, they double down!

Trump isn't going to pivot and WB isn't going to change. Not in its sixth movie. Not in its seventh. Not in its tenth.
And there won't be an 11th.

>"lol all nazis are evil"
>implying they weren't
do you think you can just casually say shit like that that and no one will notice

Wonder Woman's a long way from being able to tell if it's a mess or not. I mean, remember, Suicide Squad was a completely different movie in May of this year than it was when it hit theaters a week ago. WW isn't out until next June, right now it's a pile of puzzle pieces on the floor.

Er, yes. Like I said, the hard part is lasting that long.

And keeping WB from meddling again.

>Hydra = Nazis.
Red Skull broke away from the Nazi regime the moment he murdered those high ranking Nazis officers simply to test out his new weapon.

Since then, Hydra has employed various ethnicities and sexual orientations in order to accomplish their own specific goals. Nazi theology has nothing to do with it.

It was Sup Forums's punching bag a for a good while because of the Nirvana scene.

Then Gods of Egypt came out and it sort of fell by the wayside by comparison.

The one thing about Pan that bugs me to this day is, if the fairies kuck so much ass how did they lose in the first place? Why did they wait for Peter to give them permission to kick ass and not fight back when they were getting flamethrowered?

You're an idiot read the rest you fuckwit.
CONSCRIPTION, CONSCRIPTION, CONSCRIPTION

You are literally the type of retard I was talking about.

>great trailer
I thought they had only released one trailer, which one are they talking about?

He's referring to all the German soldiers who had to fight for the Nazis just because conscription forced them too.

The one trailer they released.

Because they had to staple a generic Chosen One/A Hero Must Rise narrative into Peter fucking Pan.

It's the same inherent issue that Burton's Alice in Wonderland had, you're trying to force modern blockbuster storytelling into worlds that cannot sustain it. These are not universes made for these kinds of stories, but studios and test audiences make them a necessity.

>You just didn't understand it
>not muh peter pan
>did you even watch the kino? The symbolism is so obvious!

Real talk I knew WB was going full sony back in March when they did preemptive damage control for BvS and claimed it was going to be too smart for people. Even if you're retarded enough to think that's true, that's not what you say. You don't insult your audience before the movie comes out. Ghostbusters proved that too.

Why in the fuck are they singing Nirvana? What even is the context for that scene?

Surely you jest

Fuck me, I am so depressed as a DC fan right now.

Why the fuck can't WB make good superhero movies anymore?

As I understand it, there isn't one. It just sorta...happens.

Well I can't see why this wasn't a critical and financial success.

There is only one trailer.

Some like it, some hate it. That trailer is the one referred to in OP's thing.

Every time I read that I get angry about how Snyder doesn't understand the point of the kobayashi maru.

Actually it was DC that bought Warners (well the parking lot/funeral home Mon front that owned e.g. bought warners) then later merged with Time and had the bits and pieces shuffled around.

Technically time Warner could make dc an independent arm of the company on equal footing with wb ,HBO, and Turner Broadcasting, or they could shift it to another warners department like where New Line is ,but why would they do that? There's not really a better place to put it then under the entertainment branch

I know people in Hollywood and I had been hearing about Wonder Woman having problems for a while. They also compared the new Harry Potter spin-off to the Hobbit.

It's not looking good for WB.

Clearly they need to do something, since they are going to destroy the value of these properties.

Neverland is supposed to be a sort of "unstuck in time" place where music and culture from decades in the future and past can filter through, but since the culture of Neverland is still what you expect it to be they turn it into sea shanties.

It's SORT OF a neat idea in theory, but in execution...well, you saw.

>They also compared the new Harry Potter spin-off to the Hobbit.

Is that bad?

Wonder Woman entire fucking purpose is to save Mans world from it's wars, what are you talking about?

World Wars are literally her Joe Chill.

Is that shit even explained in the movie?

Basically a cash-grab that never lives up to the original.

Huh. I figured Peter Jackson could do no wrong.

Is it ever?

Not really, you have to extrapolate it from the universe built into the film.

>Huh. I figured Peter Jackson could do no wrong.

have you been frozen in Carbonite since 2005? Did you see his King Kong? Or Lovely Bones?

I liked King Kong.

I mean yeah, its twice as long as necessary, and the 33 version is still superior, but it was still pretty good.

Big
Fucking
Surprise

They did learn, and then made an entirely different one.

In the wake of bvs they recut Suicide Squad, gave DC its own film imprint and a a result of that Wonder Woman and every post JL film is under Johns and that other guy. How can you say there's no pivot when we know for A fact script and directors have been changed.

Whether the new revime is good or not we will see but you can't say wb won't change when they just butchered a film doing just that .

The HP movies weren't even that good

>And keeping WB from meddling again.
The problem isn't meddling. (I mean it is, but that's not the only problem.)
Suicide Squad's script was apparently a total wreck before the studio started meddling. They picked a release date before there was a script and as a result as soon as it was done, they started production. Yes, the film went into production on a FIRST DRAFT.
By all accounts scenes were being rewritten during the day before filming. (And sometimes during filming.) No one had a chance to hone a performance or pull together anything coherent... it was just an ordeal the actors were expected to rise above.
Will Smith's character got introduced three times... once due ot studio rewrites, once from the original script, and once during the on-set rewrites. Now a NORMAL person would say "Okay, that's wasteful... but you just choose the best of the 3 scenes and leave the other two on the cutting room floor."
WB test-audienced'd all 3 versions of Deadshot's intro and the audience responded well to all 3 because they liked his version of Deadshot. So WB's solution? "Put all 3 versions in there!"
That's why the film had these weird repeated narrative beats... because they just stuck in whatever test audiences liked even if they were different versions of the same scene!

And I think it's telling that despite how much WB hyped Jared Leto's performance as the Joker... theresn't not a lot of him in this film. He was originally ALL OVER the plot and they edited down the most marketable character to about 10 minutes.
SPOILER: I'm trying to imply that test audiences hated Leto's Joker and what we saw was the last-objectionable parts of a character they probably wish could have simply been excised from the movie.

WB is the problem user, DC only problem is that they the guys ins uit to meddle their productions

King Kong was great

A positive change requires acknowledgement of your mistakes and removal of the elements causing the problem

I'm surprised he didn't mentioned the latest Mad Max. The movie was a critical success (and deservedly so) but the release and marketing was botched. And it showed on the film's gross. I barely even heard there was a new Mad Max movie until RedLetterMedia released their review which made me immediately decided to go to the cinema after ward.

DC STUDIOS
DC STUDIOS
DC STUDIOS
DC STUDIOS
DC STUDIOS

WHY WON'T THEY JUST CREATE A DC STUDIOS

>turn a 90-minute B-movie into a 45-hour dull as dirt melodrama with godawful over-choreographed fight scenes and a script so bad not even Adrian Brody and Naomi Watts could deliver good performances

It was always crap. I have no idea how you miss the point of something as simple and purely entertaining as King Kong, but bravo to Jackson.

I really thought you could never make a remake worse then the 70's one, I honestly did.

Again, they practically fired Snyder. It was just too late for JL and WW. He probably won't even touch the JL sequel.

Well yeah, change how you make your movies. I don't see how shifting around departments would fix that. Like who would you suggest they Put DC under if not WB? New Line? HBO? Out of all those films issues, I doubt being made by a film studio is one of them

Whoa whoa whoa, come on man. Lets not say things we can't take back.

There is no conceivable way, in this or any other universe, that the 76 version could ever be considered better than Jackson's. Its impossible.