IMAX 70mm. Worth it?

IMAX 70mm. Worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Arxci6abboA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely, it's an incredible IMAX experience.

Google some hi-res pictures of shit and ask yourself if it looks any better than phone cam pics of shit.

Yes.
Fucking pleb, Dunkirk is one of the best films of the year.

It's the ONLY reason to watch this trash

not really.
I watched it on 70mm IMAX and the camrip on my cracked iphone. Exact same experience desu.

Don't trust these manchildren who call themselves critics and think superhero films are some avant garde top tier shit.Hell small youtubers are Btfoing these hacks who think Dunkirk is a racist film
youtube.com/watch?v=Arxci6abboA

>of the year
And I'm the most ahtletic man in my street.

Stop shilling

Just focus on the movie and don't worry about autistic shit like that

I have a friend who's obsessed with nolan and has seen it twice in imax now. I'm seeing it in imax later this week but he clearly thought it was worth it

I'm seeing it in 70mm this week but it's not in IMAX 70mm. Did I fuck up? Will it still be kino?

Filmlets BTFO

I've literally just seen it and the IMAX made no difference to me.

Was the fragmented story line necessary? I personally think not.

IMAX 70mm is the best for this movie, but I've heard 70mm in a standard theater is better than digital IMAX. So you'll still be getting the second-best experience.

4DX is the definitive way to watch Dunkirk

It's like you're actually on the beach

70mm is great, but you NEED to see this in IMAX with the improved audio.

>not watching it in 4DX on the beach

How pleb are you?

I don't have any real IMAX theaters near me but a local art cinema was showing it on 70mm and I enjoyed the experience anyway.

Saw it in 70mm in Columbus the other day, just seeing a movie in film is rare anymore so I say it's worth it. It is something you get used to, and then a great shot shows up and reminds you that it's 70mm.

I've unironically loved every Nolan film I've seen but there is absolutely nothing about this that makes me want to see it.

Have you ever seen his other films in IMAX? This is his IMAX masterpiece. It's a visceral experience that blows away all other "war is hell" WW2 films.

I love the gateway

No I've never actually gotten to see anything beyond nature docs in Imax. I'd have loved to see Interstellar that way. But I'm saying nothing about Dunkirk looks interesting to me. Is the entire draw the cinematography?

Haven't been to a non recliner chair theater in a while but since no one was doing 70mm + recliner I picked 70mm. Felt really immersive which is not a word I use with movies very often. My complaint on a technical level was the dialog was poorly mixed. Hard to understand what anyone is saying in this movie. Not sure what the hell was up with that.

Movie it's self was good, was hoping for a bit more in streets of Dunkirk fighting though. Plot jumps around a bit to much for me, not saying I couldn't follow it i'm just saying it was a bit jarring. Some of the dialog (what I could understand anyways) was really poor.

The cinematography and audio is excellent.
When the first gunshots happen you'll feel like someone is actually shooting at you, Nolan nailed the supersonic crack sound of bullets going past you. The dogfight scenes with Hardy are pretty cool too.

The draw is the cinematography, sound design and special effects. The characters don't get any exposition or backstory, from beginning to end the film is about the chaos of war. If there's an IMAX theater near you go see it.

Gateway just off campus?

I didn't know they did film, thought it was all digital.

Nope, film is mediocre.

Is it worth to pay 12€ to watch it in 4DX? I already paid 10.50€ for IMAX.

the moving seats is a meme, don't fall for it

Alright, maybe I'll get to check it out before it leaves IMAX.

I saw it on 70mm. It looked very good on screen.

literaly about to see it i will let you know

they've shown multiple films in 70mm and I think they show 2001 in 70mm in August

This is my 70mm IMAX screen, how far back should I sit?

Is this row fine?

I sincerely doubt that.

just saw it in imax 70 yesterday, drove a total of 7 hours to cali to watch it. not worth it at all, the movie is really boring and repetitive and the fragmented story adds nothing. visually it was nice to look at sometimes on the big screen but there was not a single shot in this movie that impressed me. the biggest difference was the audio imo. the gunshots sounded like they were real. 3/10 movie tho, nolan is truly a hack.

would you have liked it more if it was 5 minutes from you

honestly i probably would've, i was rather upset that i had wasted so much time on seeing a below average movie that it probably affected my opinion a bit.

That's the BFI Imax right?

I've been there a few times sitting near those rows. It's completely fine.

I really don't know about going to IMAX

I've been to the big IMAX in London to watch Star Wars but that wasn't 70mm and was 3D
The screen is just too fucking huge unless you're in the last row, image quality is poor and the 3D effect is fucking horrendous, I took off my glasses for the whole thing.

Incredible experience in IMAX, and the audio upgrade over normal theaters is much more noticeable than video upgrade, well worth it.

Dude go for IMAX, you will regret it.

3rd row from the bottom of this picture is where I sat, dead in the center of this row and it was amazing, the farther from the screen you are the better, just make sure to sit in the center whichever row you pick.

I look forward to watching it on my phone

>DUDE WERE GETTING BOMBED AGAIN LMAO
trash movie

the imax I went to was cranked up so loud the speakers were clipping and the actors voices were muffled. the music was very clear though. sound was better at the cheaper and smaller theater.

you can ask them to turn it down

>going to the cinema where pause button doesn't exist
>ever
lmao no thanks only plebs go

What good does 70mm do?
Why should I watch it that way over regular cinema resolution?

>jamal rewinds to watch the sex scene again
every fucking time

higher resolution,better contrast and the full height of the imax image if you see it in 70mm IMAX.

The IMAX experience was incredible but there was one downside. A little speck of fluff and other lint making it into the projection room. One piece of fluff came at a very bad time.

In one of the scenes where it showed the enemy planes coming in from a distance as little dark objects on the blue sky. This is when the lump of fluff emerged and it looked at first like a third plane way off in the distance. It happened to be "in formation" with the other german fighters.

When the fluffy shadow thing was removed by a blast of air or whatever the the entire theater was stirring "what the fuck was that?". If it happened at any other point of the film no one would have noticed, but that blue sky with distant aircraft it really stood out.

yo shut up lmao

sad that this qt had no role in the movie

Saw it in a regular theatre. Will watch again in Imax

Absolutely. Bravo Nolan unironically.

Ignore this poster.

We grew up with debris on film and used to be really good at shutting it out and ignoring it, but after years of watching digital projectors it can be unsettling to see real film used as little bits of debris make it on screen.

>Ignore this poster.
why? because i told the truth? that this is just a brainless action film?

you sat near the front? how did you even see anything lol

>friend who's obsessed with nolan
What does that mean

this, i sat in the middle row and i felt overwhelmed and swallowed by the picture

Dude, I meant I sat at the second farthest row from the screen, by center I meant the center of the row itself not the "center row", you should do the same if you're going to watch it in IMAX

as far back as you can, maybe leave 1 or 2 rows behind you but sit in the center of the row you pick

Just got back. I think my ears are ringing, at least more than usually noticeable.

totally worth it though the mild tinnitus is essential to the experience of true war kino

Any califags here?
>saw Interstellar in Imax at the Chinese Theater
>couldnt hear shit because the audio was horrible
Is it the same experience with Dunkirk?

>that this is just a brainless action film?

Right.It had too much hollywood action hero shit. Like that scene where the arrogant German commander was gloating about the cowards on the beach for much of the film, and at the end a Jewish-American marine infiltrated into his command bunker and yells "Evacuate THIS!" and blows him up with a bazooka. This badass moment gives the allies time to escape the beach.

Also the part where the sail boat rams the periscope of the German sub, causing it to spin and break the neck of the U-boat commander who was looking through it. "I BET HE DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!" and the audience claps.

Dunkirk truly was the Pearl Harbor of our time.

Why the fuck did you drive 7 hours just to see a movie? No movie is worth that

what wasn't brainless about it? it was non stop action. nothing artistic or thought provoking in this movie. just pure action from beginning to end with almost no down time.

I should have but I didn't care that much. saw it twice in a day

because im a retard whos an absolute sucker for ww2 movies and that was the closest imax 70 showing (there wasn't one where i live, in vegas)

took a flight to my nearest IMAX 70mm to watch it.

its shit.

All looks the same to me. Just some water

just swam across the pacific ocean to my nearest imax to watch it.

its shit

>not paying pilots to dive with stukas while on the beach watching it in 4DX

Casuls pls leave

Shit, there are really no IMAX theaters in Las Vegas!!

thats the problem with this movie. oh wow its shot in a really nice format but there is nothing visually interesting to look at. its all just shots of the beach or shots of the water.

there aren't any imax 70s, we only have digital imax friend

Just go to the theater at the strip, retard.

they dont have a imax 70 screen or they weren't showing it

wtf retard

wait people actually enjoy the IMAX meme? you enjoy having to look left and right to see the entire film

his friend is an average flick-loving normie

just got back from IMAX 70mm screening. Had to sit next to some dipshit who kept quoting those stupid Nolan Batman films everytime Tom Hardy appeared

>not watching the dogfight scenes while dogfighting irl
I'm disgusted that these are people I share the board with

first film ive ever been to where the audience clapped at the end
i was so confused

>not watching the movie while drowning and getting hit with torpedoes

reddit leave

I found the color palette of this movie to be one of the best parts but it probably just stimulated my autism in just the right way.

i tried this but i died during the opening scene and they wouldnt give me a refund WTF

It fills your entire field of view but you really don't need to move your head much unless you suffer from severe tunnel vision.

Movies filmed in IMAX tend to not anything important happening at the edges of the screen to reduce the need for head movement. For that matter regular films don't tend to have much important visual info there either as the sides used to be cropped off for their eventual TV broadcast or for home video when fullscreen was the preferred format. It is like the old widescreen vs fullscreen debates, only the decision is made by the director on the set and not in post production cropping. Each shot has the important visual information somewhat centered in IMAX.

You are still free to look around at other characters or background details. This is worth doing on repeat viewings as you see all kinds of cool (but unimportant) stuff going on.

It's true. Anyway, any TS torrents out yet?

If you're going to see it it might as well be IMAX. Really good sound.

just finished watching was defiantly worth it

Maybe you would prefer Interstellar then.

>tfw no 70mm showings anywhere near me