90% of Sup Forums is permanently about Disney, Marvel and DC movie franchises...

90% of Sup Forums is permanently about Disney, Marvel and DC movie franchises, Game of Thrones and "nerd culture" tv shows. What's left is meme threads with 20 replies before dying.

This is what serious film fans have to share this board with ands Mods will defend this. No other interest board is so fucking shallow and saturated with basic knowledge shit. This is like if 90% of Sup Forums was always about Madden and NBA and COD. If Sup Forums was purely about one piece and naruto. If /lit/ was only about harry potter and twilight.

This board is a complete shitshow to the point where anyone with any real interest in films won't even bother to check it anymore.

I wan't mods to give me ONE good reason why we cant have /kino/, a board purely to discuss original films in an in-depth manner, free from fucking capeshit and tv watching redditors. Why is it only our board that is left to wallow in shit?

Mods deleted my thread but it's a valid question and complaint so im reposting it until i get a reason not to.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebinbook.com/permalink.php?id=1394960050744488&story_fbid=1709653535941803
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

heh

Explain how that board wouldn't get shitposted to death inside ten minutes. Do you remember the /film/ experiment?

Yeah it's almost as if we would need a group of people who police the board for free. kind of like how every board has moderators.

>the jannies will do it
Come on.

>Why is it only our board that is left to wallow in shit?

Every board is a shitshow in its own way

>Do you remember the /film/ experiment?
You mean the board that was never officially opened and spammed by outsiders?
ebinbook.com/permalink.php?id=1394960050744488&story_fbid=1709653535941803

I mean the board they retardedly open trialled without a moderating presence that got ruined by this board.

I want hiroshimoot to answer me.

I'll make it simple so your p-brane can understand.

Lots of plebs (you) very very few patricians (me) the patricians (me) want a board to escape the plebs (you).

Because there are so few patricians (very few) the plebs (huge amount) want to ruin their fun because of their harbored inferiority complex to the upper class.

If a /film/ board did come around (you) would want to ruin it in an attempt to discredit the people who are superior to you. After awhile you would get bored and return to Sup Forums because you would quickly lose interest in the actual discussion of film, and trolling after the first few days would get stale.

It didn't used to be like this. Blame nu-Sup Forums. Things started going down hill rapidly starting in 2011/2012, and by 2016 it became the shithole it is today.

Understand that the majority of these posters are not "serious film fans" or cinephiles. Television/film are popular mediums, practically everyone watches television and/or movies. It's only natural for these people to talk about popular television shows and films. I don't know about Sup Forums and Sup Forums, but /lit/ is going down the same rotten path as Sup Forums. The unfortunate reality of Sup Forums is that whenever a board increases in popularity, becoming faster in the process, it inevitably turns to shit.

>kino
You may not believe this, but people like you are the problem.

Is right. /film/ was a terrible test. Even the "serious" threads made by proponents of the board were laughable and completely shallow. Creating boards won't really fix anything, it's the userbase that needs to change. More/better moderation is unrealistic since mods/janitors have never done a good job at keeping Sup Forums shitpost free anyway, and nobody really can expect them to.

Outsiders were not aware of its existence, like you said, the board was not "officially opened" and never advertised. The board was a shitshow because Sup Forums's userbase is shit.

just go to reddit if you want to circle jerk about artfag movies

>thinking reddit talks about artfag films
brother, reddit is about as Sup Forums as it gets. no one discusses anything of merit on either site.

>he says as the only reason hes on Sup Forums is because of redditors lying to moot on /q/
LOL

>and trolling after the first few days would get stale.
Rrolling never gets stale....never!

sup reddit

And serious, self respecting film fan wouldn't post on fucking Sup Forums

Any*

This, they post on reddit.

>being this new

>p-brane
Fucking retard.

lol no. posted here for years m8

Name your top ten films and top ten directors pleb. I could use a good laugh.

Are you sure?

>makes a completely valid, thought out objection to the dearth of content concerning actual film
>proceeds to use "kino"
When did you learn that YOU are the problem?

Whats wrong with a meme name? We cant use /film/ because theres already television & film. /Cin/ could work i guess for cinema.

The important thing is that the people in charge realise theres a huge disconnect between people who unironically have threads for comic-con panels and people who actually enjoy the art of film.

Why do we have shit like /s4s/ and /mlp/ which is a dead fad, but we just can't get a non-shitposting film board.

No one can make a good argument against it.

I guess mods should allow more threads about little girls then

reddit came and conquered.

Sup Forums is 50% current season, 40% last 2-3 seasons, an occasional keion or haruhi thread, a pre-2000s or pre-1990s thread, "I will post this every day until you like it," and meme threads with either 5 or 500 replies before dying. Most of Sup Forums is extremely shallow and saturated with basic knowledge shit, comparable to Sup Forums but with more nostalgia for old Sup Forums. This guy explains it well and you should accept that in an unmoderated forum (which is a good thing), you can't have constant access to high-quality discussion. There are other places for that.

/film/
Sup Forums
/cel/

Reddit doesn't enter into it.

There is a natural progression towards art-film/serious cinema in the coming of age process of the young man. It is a natural stage of life, that, like any other will be outgrown, and become part of the whole.

In this respect Sup Forums is categorically the infantile stage, ages 5-15. Compromising things, such as basic story structure, introduction to archetypal characters, parabolic questions of morality and so on. Works (that, you in particular, are very fond of) like superhero films, fantasy, sci-fi's, among other genres usually found appealing by the adolescent will be found in this category.

However at some point in the young boys life, there will come a transformation stage leaving him wanting something more. This yearning for the obscure/serious/abstract brings him into /film/. approx.ages 15-25. (depending on prior education and development.) Here the young man will learn the joys of higher more pleasurable art. (while still retaining a healthy respect for mass consumed entertaining content. even though he has ultimately reached an impasse and has realized he will leave the things he enjoyed as a child behind)

From here on out, the now grown and sensible adult, will have blossomed into having a reverence for more difficult and harder to appreciate art, and will finally be ready to browse /lit/ for the first time. (but he will not have forgotten those magical and nostalgic day s on Sup Forums and /film/) Here he will rest among those with the temperance and patience to make it this far, having shedded all previous husks of himself to reach the ideal masculine form.

I just come here for the BBCs

You've come to the right place. In its current installment, Sup Forums serves as a containment board to keep the normies, out of /lit/ and Sup Forums. by all means enjoy all the PARTY ROCKERS, BBC, cuny/and pusy that you want!

how to improve Sup Forums

LESS CAPESHIT AND DISNEY THREADS

more BLACKED THREADS

Half of Sup Forums are shills. (((((they))))) don't want to split in up otherwise nobody would post here anymore and it'll be the shills jerking each other off.
This is just a theory.

I thought /film/ was shitposted because Sup Forums didn't want to lose their userbase

what did Sup Forums talk about when it used to be good? did Sup Forums get worse or did TV get worse?

thats unironically true though, nobody would ever bother to make a long post trying to review a movie without either getting ignored or told to go to reddit. Instead you take a current movie and make a one line meme post and bam, 300 posts omitted.

You're right, it pisses off that meanwhile faggots have like 7 boards dedicated to them...

i, personally, would like to see more dedicated. party rock posters. Just a bit of different flavors to spice things up every now and again.

the television half has always been pretty pleb but the film side was very patrician most of the time

picture related
one of the good ol memes before bane cancer spread

LEARN HOW TO USE THE REPORT FUNCTION YOU TARD

Name 1,000,000 films where plebs are actually right, I'll wait.

>world population explodes
>society becomes progressively more internet social than "real life" social
>being surprised when the mass numbers means that discussions will be geared to what is most easily understood and simplest to get into
>thinking people won't discuss "pew pew lasers" and "explosions" like capeshit over more challenging cinema

You cant report people for shit taste.

Its not Sup Forums's fault, thats all they make these days. I heard hollywood buys good scripts and movie ideas and throws them in a vault. After everyone dies in nuclear war we'll see some of the greatest kino ever conceived.

The number of fucking generals is atrocious too.
Big Brother, Who, GoT (doesn't even function for its purpose because the mods won't delete the 20 other threads), letterbox, fucking star trek etc.
These are just autistic chatrooms for redditors and tumblrites to shitpost in with impunity because they'd get banned for being so cancerous on their homesites.

theres at least 67 years of good kino.

What they need to do is make a tvg

teenage girls