TJ vs Arnold

Who was the more stand up guy?
Personally I'd say TJ

Arnold had better intentions

Nah man. Arnold. TJ was a cool guy and helped people but he's no stranger to dirty trickery or leting Spinelli straight up threaten folks.

This.

Arnold

And thats why TJ would probably survive in the real world better than Arnold would. Arnold was the nice guy, but TJ got shit done.

Arnold = Moralfag
TJ = Dick with a Heart of Gold

True, but if there was ever someone who needed to become an active leader who didn't just give advice you can't deny TJ being the go to guy. A quality Arnold often lacked.

>TJ's posse included the nerdy girl with glasses, the cool black guy, the fat kid with a heart of gold, the nerdy kid with glasses, and the girl who was a rude bitch but had a soft side
>Arnold's posse included...

All the kids in his grade plus half the damn neighbor's adults if he needed a favor.

>Arnold's posse included...
A cool black guy

Arnold was cartoon Jesus.
He even let himself be mocked to avoid confrontations, and make others feel better.
He'd also always go after the people with trouble to help them solve their problems and improve themselves, even if it gave no gain to him.
Still, he'd never make anyone do what they didn't want to, because he knew change had to come from within.

Yea, but didn't Arnold go all crazy, and started to beat up, and threaten random people with martial arts he learned original because he got mugged on the bus?

Gerald was his best friend
Arnold hung out with the cool black guy, the fat bully turned friend, the nerdy kid with glasses, the nerdy kid from the sticks, the nerdy kid who doesn't really have much going for him, the effeminate kid who nobody really speculated about because it wasn't important, and that's not including the house full of his diverse neighbors/subletters

Arnold was mature enough to get along with adults too.

This

Yeah, but he did that to learn a lesson about humility and real strength
And it's only because he got mugged in the first place

Arnold got to the point where people commented that it was practically his only personality.
TJ was more just a cool guy, but Arnold after a point just seemed motivated by doing good.

Just because TJ got his hands into the gutter doesn't make him less qualified to lead America.

Season 1 and 2 Arnold actually wasn't much of a moralfag. Yeah, he was chill and helpful, but he had a bit of an edge to him. He participated with everyone in pranking Mr. Simmons and he was the one that started that ice cream revolt. He didn't become a huge moralfag until later seasons.

Do you prefer early Arnold or latter arnold?

That's why that pedophile took a liking to him in that unproduced episode.

Arnold was altruistic to a fault at certain points, but he did a lot of good for the people around him. I mean, he (almost) found Mr. Hyunh's daughter. He's unreal.

Arnold was Jesus. He was a beacon of sense and morality but never seemed too concerned with getting shit done or helping his squad vs helping Planet Earth.

TJ had his crew, was comfortable leading them, and would walk barefoot across broken glass for them. When the welfare of his crew and the rest of the school intersected he could do great things, but more often he was fine being a dick to those outside his clique.

If you're just a random kid in school, Arnold was probably the better guy.

Early Arnold. He got way too preachy in later seasons. He basically became Mr. Simmons.

OFFICIAL GOOD GUY RANKING:
>Arnold
>TJ
>Spongebob
>Doug

Skeet skeet was arguably a better good guy than Doug

Spongebob is a destructive asshole and Doug never really thought about the consequences of his actions.

That's why they're at the bottom

yes, but that makes him much less of a stand up guy don't you think?

Doug was eager to fit in, and pretty naive about life but ultimately was a nice person, if not a bit too much in his own world sometimes.

Sponge Bob was nice SOMETIMES, but obnoxious more often than not. Much more neurotic than Doug, to the point of psychosis sometimes. Spongebob has ruined the lives of countless people around him and rarely gotten a lasting punishment (mostly due to the fact that you can't even physically hurt him for too long)

The shit he does to Squidward and Mrs Puff honestly makes me think that he knows what he's doing and plays dumb for fun.

HEY AAAARNOLD

wow. I'm actually impressed here. I expected a whole lot of mudslinging back and forth about how similar the two kids' groups were and artstyle and whatnot, but no, this is some interesting and deep discussion.

Personally my vote goes to Arnold for the reson that Arnold didn't always win and that got to him but he never let it really affect him. I can't claim to have seen as much Recess as I have Hey Arnold, but while TJ was a better leader, his attitude doesn't quite seem the same to me. he seems more of a get-even kind of kid.

Where would Charlie Brown fit in?

>Charlie Brown
>Fit in

He's too busy having half a dozen girls lusting after his dick

Good grief.

We are talking about Charlie Brown, right ?.

nigger did you even read the comics
all the girls who knew him wanted the brown sugar
he was just too beta to smash it and kept pining for a girl who didn't even know he exists

Peppermint Patty
Marcie
Peggy Jean
Lucy

Violet
Sally

I want to assemble a team of kid leaders.

TJ, Arnold, Fat Albert, VidKid from the burger king gang. Who else would I need?

Arnold is like Captain Picard while TJ Is Kirk.

>no NUMBAH ONE

Seriously?

That's why I asked, pal

Okay here's another freebie:
Otto from Rocket Power

I was thinking Jake Berenson from Animorphs but that is a tad too serious for the rest of those.

I like this idea but it doesn't quite work - Picard can be a total asshole (but nevertheless fantastic) and super decisive, whereas Arnold is much more passive.

In my mind, Arnold is more of a Spock or Data who is more emotional - thrust into a leadership position because he's the only mature one in a whole bunch of kids.

He's not as good a leader as TJ - but he is more of a stand-up guy. I think you would the same of Picard and Data.

Arnold

>TJ was a cool guy and helped people but he's no stranger to dirty trickery or leting Spinelli straight up threaten folks.

That is 100% expected for someone from a kid from Boston

That's ridiculous. TJ had an obsession with being friends with _everyone_ and even spent an entire day in detention showing Gordie around just to earn it. Granted, the attempt failed, and he learned not everyone will be your friend. It still shows he's open to everyone in the school (except Randall) and not just his clique.

Filmore, maybe?

Remember when Helga got the shit knocked out of her by a guy?

Shit surprised me even back in the day. Pretty sure that wouldn't fly nowadays.

Arnold was never really a leader. That was Helga.

TJ didn't want to be everyone's friend, he wanted everyone to like him. Big difference.

The point is that TJ was capable of being much more self interested than Arnold, and was capable of doing less than saintly things to advance his interests, the interests of his clique, or occasionally others. He would lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, or let Spinelli rough people up as necessary.

Arnold was always concerned with doing the right thing.

Arnold by the end if the series was imposibly good natured for kid of his age at times, TJ was more realistic in the sense that he was just good intentioned but he still had flaws that made him more possible.

later seasons turn Bob into an asshole though.

Otto was extremely competitive and sometimes a dick to that short fat white dude.

It depends on your definition of asshole.
Sure he's destructive but there's rarely any malice in what he does.

TJ

Elaborate.

Jake's last name was Berenson?

And there was surprisingly never any form of comeuppance.