How many more viewers do you The Simpsons can pull if they go the Colbert route?

How many more viewers do you The Simpsons can pull if they go the Colbert route?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/
youtube.com/watch?v=vWgI2YAupCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

None, since they were never funny.

They'll need them - Season 28 has been the lowest rated season in series history.

Contracts are already signed for Season 29 (beginning in October) and Season 30 (in 2018) but Season 30 will see The Simpsons dethrone Gunsmoke as the longest running weekly series of all time, so it would be a good spot for Fox to just cut it loose.

Nice bait my man.

In particular, Caper Chase (guest with special guest stars Neil deGrasse Tyson, Ken Jennings, Suze Orman, and Robert McKee) was the single least watched Simpsons episode in history, with 2.13 million viewers - a viewership decline of 93.7% from the series heyday.

>he's against my Trump
>HE WAS NEBER FUNNY REEEEE

>season 28

Fucking hell

>millionaire who lives in paradise hates drumpf
imagine my shock

Good
Maybe the Simpsons will finally be put out of their misery

Did Groening actually write anything though, I thought he just made the series then stuck his name on it

>a viewership decline of 93.7%
Holy fuck. I know, I know, YouTube, cable, torrents, but it's amazing to think that once upon a time there would be 100 people watching the new Simpsons on Sunday night and now 94 of those people have quit.

Watching the Simpsons now feels like watching an old friend get raped.

If Matt Groening tried to walk into the Simpsons production office a security guard would bodyslam him. They made a sitcom that used his character designs and none of his writing, and he made a canny deal. The guy who waxes Nancy Cartwright's car has more to do with The Simpsons than he does, this will change nothing, apart from shifting a few of the countless unsold Futurama season 8 Blu-Rays.

He was a show runner for the first 2 seasons and has been an "executive producer" (whatever that means) ever since. He has written several episodes, but not a lot.

the simpsons need to fucking die already

>The Great Phatsby

A movie from five years ago and the word "phat" from 1994, topical. Charles M. Schulz in the last months of his life was less out-of-touch than this show.

No, and he's generally been an ungrateful little shit about the wealth he's amassed from his accidental success for the entire length of the series.

He had a blazing row with James L Brooks over the episode that crossed over with The Critic as he felt it "cheapened the brand". Go through Groening's early independent work and it becomes painfully clear everything good about The Simpsons he had basically nothing to do with - his entire contribution was taking the concept of The Flintstones and removing the prehistoric hook.

>The Simpsons was Fox's second-highest-rated show this season, after the freefalling "Empire"

Is Fox kill?

I mean, at least its TV entertainment arm?

>Suze Orman

Fucking hell, that's their idea of a draw?

Who gives a shit. Now that everyone's realized Trump is not a master deal maker, and that he cannot cajole, threaten, or intimidate cooperation from members of his own party, let alone the opposition, he just wants our pity. Sad!

>that tweet

poor trump-sama, all he wanted to do was help

post yfw the last boomer finally dies

So he's a George Lucas then

the show got so much better after the first couple of season, greoning is unfunny as fuck.

1. He was right, that episode was inexplicable to anyone who hadn't seen The Critic, which was 99% of the audience, and probably 100% outside America. I only worked out that Jay was from some other show because of Bart's blatant introductory line for him.

2. "Ungrateful" how, other than thinking that episode sucked - which it did?

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

I mean he's better than any president we've had since at least Bush 1

This piece of shit weaponized a child (Lisa Simpson) to push his leftist dogma. His credibility is zero.

The show's not even funny, clever, or anything any more. It's all poorly-disguised Goebbels-levels of social bullshit.

He's the president we need, but no the president we deserve.

He's a big guy

The Simpsons is dead to anybody that ever enjoyed watching it.

No, George Lucas created Star Wars then had the sense to use other people's best ideas to refine it into something less suck. Matt Groening basically drew a bunch of characters in five minutes, and called them his family's names because he didn't want to give any real thought to a commercial commission for "the man". Everything about the characterisation and meaning of The Simpsons came from others. Essentially, he sold them his art style in exchange for insane wealth.

imo Simpsons should have ended in 1999 with Seinfeld and Beavis and Butthead. That way it'd be an immortalized period piece and not a stale propaganda rag that's overstayed it's welcomed.

Matt could have gone on to work on Futurama and other projects. Same with the voice actors and everyone else involved. Besides greed I see no reason as to why they kept it up.

he is absolutely the president you deserve, america.

Canceling The Simpsons the moment Futurama started would have been fitting

Could we be serious, please? Groening has no input into the show, and anything substantive that Lisa says is always more right than left. Buddhism and vegetarianism are not automatically left-wing, and one of Lisa's hot takes, back when Groening was involved enough to almost (but not quite) justify your ascribing credit to him, was "Thou Shalt Not Steal". Radical she ain't, and indeed she couldn't be.

Yeah just consider his accomplishments so far!

Building the border wall with Mexico, repealing and replacing Obamacare, the trillion dollar infrastructure stimulus, sweeping tax reform, all within the first 100 days, as promised!

No but seriously Trump is going to get even less accomplished as Mueller inquiry intensifies and the GOP slowly steps away from him. Which is too bad really, as a Democrat I've got to say that Trump has been fantastic. President Pence might actually accomplish something which frightens me.

Futurama isn't good though, it's too Groeningy.

Yeah but in this perfect timeline Futurama still gets canceled in 2003

Don't be silly, he won't be impeached. This is the Democrats wheel-spinning. I say that as a leftist.

Can you imagine the butthurt when Pence is sworn in. They genuinely believe Clinton is next in line.

Illegal immigration from Mexico is down about half since Trump took office, fags from Maine to California are moaning they can't get their slave labor anymore.

But it was never that good, it just wasn't bad. It was okay. To cancel The Simpsons of 1999 for it would be like saying "hey, throw out my Coca-Cola, I've just found some incredibly diluted cordial".

I guess Lucas deserves a bit more credit for being able to create original concepts even if his writing is shit. The biggest difference between the prequels and the originals was that in the prequels nobody had the balls to tell Lucas that his writing generally sucks. It's not as if he masterfully crafted the originals himself. If you want to see pure George Lucas, watch The Phantom Menace.

>Don't be silly, he won't be impeached.

He seems to think so himself.

>special guest stars
They should really stop calling them that, they're clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel

From the thumbnail I thought that was Steve Bannon. lool

>politics

>Buddhism and vegetarianism are not automatically left-wing
But Lisa represents it's New Age manifestation which is perceived to be at odds with protestant capitalist traditionalist America. That's the angle she plays.

>as a Democrat I've got to say that Trump has been fantastic

Your party is still objectively in the shitter, hombre

Good luck in the midterms with leader Chuck Schumer lmao

Who the fuck even still watches Simpsons?

I'm genuinely curious. When has anyone ever said "oh boy I can't wait for the new Simpsons episode!"?

Oh well. See what central and southern Mexico look like, and see how many fat well-fed land-beats illegals wobble over the border.

Then realize "WHY THE FUCK HAVE WE SPENT TRILLIONS SUPPORTING THESE FUCKING INVADERS?"

Mexico is nowhere near as poor as it pretends to be. It's just that the rich like Carlos Slim live like gods while telling the poor to fuck off and go be our problem.

>Illegal immigration from Mexico is down about half since Trump took office,

You mean border crossing, stupid. Illegal order crossings are down. Which account for a minority of illegal immigrants being here because most overstay their greencards which is why a physical wall would do fuck all.

Buddy

If the Simpsons ends in 1999, the last ever episode is "The Simpsons are going to Japan with special guest star George Takei" and you'll never get to see quality 2000 episodes like "Bart takes Ritalin," "Maud dies," "Apu has eight babies" and "Homer has a motorcycle fight with John Goodman"

He's kept us out of a direct intervention in Syria, illegal immigration is down by double digit percentage, we're out of TPP, and the Tea Party finally has the balls to threaten a government shutdown if the wall doesn't get built. I mean it's not to the tee of what he said he would do, but then I'd rather have a president who only does a little bit of good than a president like Obama, Bush, or Clinton who does a lot of bad.

I know what happened with Lucas, the point is that you're comparing a faulty creative with someone who for the purposes of television is a non-creative.

If the number of illegal immigrants isn't really being reduced where is all of the "We don't have enough illegal immigrants anymore" moaning coming from?

latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/

People say The Simpsons started going to shit at season 8. 1999 is being generous. 8 seasons is plenty for an American slice of life cartoon sitcom.

>If the Simpsons ends in 1999, the last ever episode is "The Simpsons are going to Japan with special guest star George Takei"
That would have been an amazing final episode.

>He's kept us out of a direct intervention in Syria

Something makes me think you faulted Obama for doing exactly that.

>illegal immigration is down by double digit percentage

BORDER CROSSINGS

>we're out of TPP

Great news for China, yeah.

>the Tea Party finally has the balls to threaten a government shutdown

And then timidly back away like the last two times.

Nah but that's the same shit they're going to do with Star Wars, same shit they're doing with superheros. Find something that works and then milk the everloving fuck out of it until its utter shit. It's not about art, or creating lasting value, it's about making as much money as possible.

>Mexico is nowhere near as poor as it pretends to be.
50 million mexicans are poor, chief.

I believe the last 10 seasons of the Simpsons have been some kind of elaborate scam. Producers, writers and voice actors milking it for all it´s worth.

Perceived by whom? Mainly by LARPing young conservatives. Lisa is played as a capitalist traditionalist. None of her actual views are remotely controversial beyond some out-of-date depictions of ecological activism, which are themselves pretty broad-based in terms of ideology. There are no political views in The Simpsons, and there is none of Groening's writing in Lisa Simpson.

> thatsthejoke.jpg

Republicans are as big of faggots as Democrats, never trust career politicians

I don't jack off while watching Simpsons though

>There are no political views in The Simpsons

Well done, you just found out that the left lies for emotional effect.

There aren't, other than received conservative ones. A few tame, toothless digs on the Bob Hope level aren't satire.

>never trust career politicians
one of the dumbest sentiments to emerge in the 2016 election cycle
>HURR DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS AND DEDICATING THEIR LIVES TO THIS LINE OF WORK, TRUST THE LOUDMOUTH OUTSIDER OPPORTUNISTS WHO ARE JUST GETTING IN ON THE GAME NOW!!!

No, TPP was something the left campaigned against until Trump gave them what they wanted, then they fell silent because they got confused by the existence of nuance.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWgI2YAupCM

>movie from five years ago
>great gatsby

>Perceived by whom?
The American public, the writers, most people in the USA. I'm saying how it is. I know ecologism, Buddhism and Vegetarianism aren't inherently left wing but the American left wing pretty much controls those things and has since the 1960s. Only during the Obama administration did people begin to slightly break away from that mold.

Plus Lisa's social justice, rationalism, skepticism of her families religious traditions and love of jazz are in context left wing.

The nation itself is not.

The rich are rich because they deliberately suppress wages to steal factories from the US and Canada courtesy of the Clinton's NAFTA.

Plus for bonus Mexico is one of if not THE largest producer of silver in the world.

And for another bonus Mexico is a member of OPEC and has lots of oil.

They don't take care of their own quite simply because they don't have to, and if you complain about it then they lecture you on how racist you are.

PLAYING GAMES

MADE IN JAPAN

Lucas at least contributed ideas, characters and an overarching narrative to Star Wars. Plus he was better with the fans.

Pic related. Like Tolkien's dwarves they've hoarded wealth from the 70's onwards and not released much of it back into the economy, leading to the state of things today. I'm not sure what will happen when that money dies with them. I'm no economist but I can't see it being good.

It didn't emerge. Everyone normal in small-town America had been saying it since 1776, and the fact that you don't understand that is why you're unable even to make Trump's flailing benefit you. For all his faults, he knows America. For all your sophistication, you really don't.

Since it was SDCC, I'm sure the crowd loved every second of it.
The people there are seriously the absolutely worst in terms of "fandom".
If a celeb said they were Jesus, they would actually believe it.

Or, you know, fell silent because they got what they wanted? I know that's an alien concept to someone who has likely spent the last six months crowing about how Clinton lost the election, but most people, when they get their way, stop complaining.

The only way he'll be impeached is if it's better for Republicans for him to be impeached than finish his term and it's is starting get into that territory with the healthcare repeal disaster and the weekly Russia story bombs.

>Something makes me think you faulted Obama for doing exactly that.
I've been following the conflict closely since it started and I've always been pro-regime famalam, but nice try. My problem with Obama's foreign policy is more that he's degraded our reputation. He never should have made a red line in Syria, he shouldn't have collapsed Libya, he shouldn't have let the Philippines slip out of firm pro-US territory, and he shouldn't have let Iraq fall straight into Iran's hands. He actively ranted against countries like Russia and Iran, but then he never really did anything to decisively counter them. I'd rather we not go completely anti-Russia in the first place, but if you're going to talk shit you need to back it up.

>BORDER CROSSINGS
Yes, border crossings which make up a significant portion of illegal immigration.

>Great news for China, yeah.
Terrible news for domestic internationalists trying to create extended common markets. TPP is a stupid way to counter Chinese influence, it's a relic of Obama's failed 'soft touch' approach to diplomacy.

>And then timidly back away like the last two times.
Do you have a link to what you're referring to here? I don't think you're talking about what I'm talking about.

It's something that the left and right wanted. Same as NAFTA. More trade power on America's terms equals ever more American power. Now China is moving quickly to fill the void before the TPP can be revived.

Trump seceded economic dominance of half the planet to China. All to convince some dumb hicks that they'd get their manufacturing jobs back, which won't happen either way.

Very symbolic since I have to rely on Chinese cartoons for quality. pottery

Polite sage for political off-topic, but can you imagine the butthurt when they discover what impeachment actually entails? He'll still serve his full term, he just won't be allowed to run for office again.

No, the left wing doesn't "control" shit. They take what advantage they can from what alliances of convenience people can be persuaded to make, like all politicians.

This is all dog-whistle politics, she's the type of person you'd assume would be left-wing but she never voices any left-wing opinions because it isn't that kind of show. Family Guy expresses carefully couched and opposed left-wing opinions, that's part of its brand as an authored, basically 21st century show. The Simpsons is an anonymous show from 1989, its brand is playing both sides against the middle.

>I have no concept of history or politics

The whole "I don't trust career politicians" thing is a development from the late 70s and early 80s. Reagan cemented it.

Unless the death tax is high, some relative will inherent that money.

The bigger picture is that the whole world is going to have to go back to the traditional family. Grandparents, parents, children, cousins and Uncles all living in the same home or very close taking care of one anther from cradle to grave. The sooner our society shakes off the unsustainable notion that "losers" live with family once they reach a certain age, the better.
Sad but true and the source of much resentment among us.

I am wealthy. I'm wealthy because I own my own business.

I have a product to sell. I don't care who buys my product or what they want to do with it. Once the product is out of my hands it's none of my business.

As a die hard Republican I would like to thank Mr Groening and everyone who supports him.

His efforts before the election helped get Trump elected. His efforts now will help him win re-election in 2020.

Not only are the Dems continuing to make the same old mistakes, now they're doubling down on their previous errors.

The late night talk show hosts are the best thing that ever happened to the RNC. I only wish people like Colbert had a bigger audience. 2.4 million viewers on average isn't much in a nation with 330 Million people.

>what is inheritance

SDCC used to be about the comic books.

Now Hollywood has hijacked it to promote movies and to promote whatever soapbox dicks like Groening are on, and comic books are in a side room.

It's like SXSW now and is totally hijacked and ruined.

2.13 are still watching? Jesus Christ, I've never met anyone at any time who still watches The Simpsons.

I like you and want to show my support by buying your product.

yes, i'm aware that "politicians are all liars and crooks!" has been a longtime favourite of people trying to sound knowledgable, but in the recent election cycle it seemed to evolve from folksy truism to impenetrable fact that the trump administration can conveniently sidestep because "WE R LE BOLITIGAL OUTZIDERZ XDD"

I'm a leftist, get your head out of the two-party system. People celebrate when they get what they want, they don't act like the whole issue never happened.

>having a new, one-off character makes an episide imcomprehensible

>What is death tax
>What is offspring with no fiscal sense blowing through that money in a matter of months or even weeks

TPP was an abomination, anyone who actually read the leaked details of what its 10,000 pages actually contained knew this. It gave massive powers of surveillance and criminal prosecution effectively to private companies, if it were allowed to exist it would make the kind of dystopias people like William Gibson wrote about seem tame by comparison.

can you fuck off back to Sup Forums

He'll never be impeached. Not because they're such fans of his, but because it would set a bad precedent. If it appears that the President is accountable, most of the best people for the job will no longer want it, because power is sought and best held by psychopaths. Trump is normal for a President, only his resume is eccentric.