This was pretty good

This was pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

did you really wait until it was on netflix to watch it?

It was hell of a lot better than The Force Awakens, and just as a result of the Galactic Empire setting was hell of a lot more watchable. Krennic was decent enough, some of the banter was reasonable, the fighting was good, the space battle excellent, Tarkin and Vader truly shone etc.

It's proof that serials like this were the way forward, and not piece of shit retreads like TFA.

Nah I saw it in theaters but I just watched it again last night. I really don't get the hate. I agree the characters are generally weak but the last hour is solid. I much prefer this to TFA.

It's pretty shit top to bottom

It's worse than TFA in every conceivable way.

better than TFA but still shit compared to pretty much anything else.

nah, the use of actual camera angles makes it better by default.
The Dutch Angle Awakens is nauseating

I did and I still haven't watched it, but I'm going to this week.

muh reylo

>Vader
>Shone

Duhhhh don't choke on your aspirations xD

I liked it too, I don't understand Sup Forums's hate for Nu Wars. Yeah it's disappointing they're mostly retreading old ground, but it's still better than the prequels.

>Duhhhh don't choke on your aspirations xD

The original Star Wars trilogy had lots Vader snark you newcunt.

Snark is different to quips.

Agreed, decent flick, final act was actually very good, which makes it worth a watch. TFA is a poor man's soulless ANH/SW remake.

I found it just kinda boring. A lot of the sfx and action scenes were decent, but the characters were mostly bland and unlikeable, just never got around to caring about any of them. It also suffers a bit from the general extended-universe trend of trying to explain a lot of shit that in no way needs explaining.

Also, can someone tell me what was up with that bizarre CG muppet that kinda-sorta looks like Peter Cushing? Because people were talking to it as if it was a real person, and it creeped me right out. Usually SW aliens err more on the cartoony side, but that thing was smack in the middle of the uncanny valley.

it was pretty fucking awful, actually

a lot like TFA

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

I love Rogue One.

Eh, it was not as bad as Episode VI, so in comparison it's good. Overall it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good. It was just slightly bad.

Dare I say, the best representation of Darth Vader ever seen on film. That scene alone destroyed TFA. Really hyped for The Last Jedi tho.

It was garbage. I can't tell you a single character's name, which should tell you how important they were.

If Disney is going to insist making a whole bunch of Star Wars movies, then it'd be nice if they'd focus more on events and characters that'd be part of Episodes VII , VIII, and IX. Do I really need to see Han Solo's backstory or how they got plans for the Death Star? Maybe they can do a Yoda origin story or a Palpatine Prequel as well! Or, they could flesh out the story whose ending we don't know.

Of course, that'd mean that they'd have to come up with new ideas.

And new ideas are scary.

V > IV > R1 > VI > III > II > VII > I

It was fucking terrible, but it was still better than TFA.

We had an interesting thread last week where people tried to remember the names of all the major characters. 90% of them people couldn't remember. Shows how little an impact it had on people. I personally could only remember Jin (Jyn?) and Saul Gerrera.

best star trek girl

its better than the prequels and TFA

Ewok TV Movies > VI > V > IV > R1 > Xmas Special > III > VII > II > I

brah not even Prequel Apologists can defend Ep. II

>its better than the prequels
>is literally a Prequel

I loved kenobi's bounty hunter investigation plot. the jedi starfighter and republic gunship are among the best designs in the whole series too Tbh imo. there's enough there to redeem it for me.

Those lazors tho
how did they get WORSE at drawing the blaster beams between Ep 6 and this?

I remember, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, K2SO, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Bodhi Rook, and Orson Krennic.

Then again I actually liked the film enough to remember them, even with all its flaws.

Droids cartoons series > everything else

You just made this movie much worse for me by telling me how those names are spelled. "Jyn Erso"? Holy hell, who is writing this stuff..

This was dogshit

Ewok TV Movies > Droids cartoon > VI > V > IV > R1 > Xmas Special > III > VII > II > I

Edwards suffers the same fate as Nolan, where they both make beautiful looking films, but neither can get human emotions right. Both directors keep giving the audience super bland characters.

Not only is it the worst Star Wars I've seen, it's also one of the worst sci-fi movies I've ever seen.
Go ahead user, name the good things. I'm ready to have a laugh.

>the worst Star Wars I've seen

so is this your first Star Wars film then?
you can't seriously tell me you preferred Attack of the Clones or The Mary Sue Awakens

Yes.
Very underwhelming.

It was better than TFA but both were genuinely absolute shit. One was a near-identical ANH remake, and the other was a generic war movie with a star wars skin carelessly tossed on it. I'm sure the sequel will be awful and the Han Solo movie will be so cancerous even normies will shit on it.

never stop posting this

Yes, I did. Not even the action was thrilling, it was all over the place. I can't name a single character, I didn't give a shit about them, the infiltrated father story was laughable, "oh look it's twenty seconds of Vader to make the fanboys cry", of fuck ... You know they fucked up when you're happy they all died. Almost forgot about the blind monk, holy kek, what have they done to you Donnie Yen.
At least I got some laughs in the clones. Rey Sue Saves The Galaxy was okay, but still better too.

Yeah. I also like movies with one dimensional throwaway characters who all get killed off before you even know their names.

V > VI > IV > RO = I > II > III > VII

They tried too hard to give them "starwarsy" names instead of just memorable ones

I've read both novels including Jyn (Catalyst and Rebel Rising) for Jyn's past.
All I have left are the comics which supposedly have extra scenes from the Rogue One movie.
Bash Rogue One all you want but I think the life of Jyn is interesting enough to read about.
Just sad I won't ever see her again besides the one episode of Forces of Destiny.

V > IV > RO > VII = VI > III > I > II

I suppose it depends on what you seek in a movie but I thought it was shit, significantly worse than TFA.
This one had characters that were underdeveloped in every way and too many characters to boot. Those asians were completely useless and if you want to pander to the chinese market just make your main 2 characters asian, this movie will get seen in the west because of the star wars label anyway. But they can't make up their mind so they just stuff all these half-assed characters in this movie and there's one moment where they're all sitting around in the ship and I just wonder "what are you doing here? why are you here? what are your motivations?" and it's just so fucking vague for all of them, even the MC. She just went from not caring about the rebellion to giving rousing speeches about how they're built on hope in the blink of an eye. Her relationship with her father is underdeveloped, as is the one with Saw and the one with her male sidekick who is so underdeveloped I forgot his name.

I suppose if you like action and good cinematography more than characters you could enjoy this movie, but I honestly regret seeing it.

Is this actually from Ep 2? It looks like a video game, something that would render in realtime on a beefy laptop nowadays...

Watched it today

It was boring on the beginning. First 2/3 of the movie were weak with some okay moments. I had a problem with tone of a movie. It was uneven. On one hand everyone acts like empire is a huge threat they are miserable and gritty, and than robot throws a joke, Donnie Yen do his stick kung-fu or something like that happens and i'm wondering why it is there. I felt like they've had two movies in there. Some space war drama on the one hand and on the other classic Star wars movie. I liked the last 1/3 of the movie. When battle happens it felt like classic star wars. Where they are at heroic battle against overwhelming force. I didn't care that much about everyone though. But visuals were great. Also what hurts me is the fact that Mads Mikellsen was underused. He's good actor in my opinion. He should be in the film more.