Do you want him to play Black Manta?

Do you want him to play Black Manta?

comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/spawns-michael-jai-white-is-interested-in-playing-black-manta-in-aquaman-a144478

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanted him to be Black Panther but I'll settle for this.

As long as he is as big as aqua man

>Black Man
>Black Manta
it's like poetry it rhymes

I'm guessing he can't be Bronze Tiger again, sure.

He is bigger than Aqua Man

I like him but I also saw Michael K Williams was interested.

Dunno if I like dynamite or biology teacher better.

Yes. YJ Manta looked just like him anyway.

He is the right age

If it gives us a brutal fight scene, then yes, motherfucka.

>Michael K Williams

More like BLACKEST Manta, am I right guys?

Will they get stunt doubles to swim for them?

Would rather Blair Underwood play BM, he should be free to do it they're done with Lash on AoS

What I wouldn't give to see this in live action.

>BM

I want him to play a not shit Bronze Tiger in Skwad 2

If only he can get the hateboner down perfectly.

DYNAMITE

DYNAMITE

Why does he have a line going down his face.

no.
I want a white guy to play Black Manta.

If others can start race-bending other established characters I don't see why this guy shouldn't also be that.
And in this case: A white guy

I'd give Black Dynamite any DC role he damn well wants... He's more than earned it...

He manages to pull off the hateboner against the white man in Black Dynamite pretty well.

Too damn bad. He shouldnt have been in Arrow.

But if he was a white guy then he can't call himself Black Manta can he?

>green arrow
>not played by a green person

>Black Canary
>not black

>spider-man
>not a spider in human disguise

It's just a name user

Not in Black Manta's case, filthy casual.

Your logic is impeccable.

Don't you DARE to call me a casual you double-casual!

I know that Manta is black.. or afro-atlantean or whatever it is called.
I just want to see how many would get their precious feelings hurt when a white actor would get to play a "famous" black villain.
Then point out how ridiculous random race-swaps is for characters who have a history

No, no...

If they can do it to Human Torch and Wally West, then the standard should be applied across the board. No exceptions

Hes not even altantean tho.

well fuck.. I guess I am a casual ;__;

It was also retarded for The Ancient One and Maria Hill.

In Jimmy Olsen's case, it would have made more sense to use Steel or any of DCs other black characters

They've yet to do it to people who's ethnicity is directly linked to their moniker. Black Manta literally named himself that because he's a Black Man

ta.

He isn't atlantean at all though. Just an angry black guy.

It's a scar.

>Williams is well known for a large facial scar received during a bar fight on Jamaica Avenue, New York City, on his 25th birthday, in which he was slashed with a razor blade.

>Williams suffered from an identity crisis during his portrayal of Omar Little, going by his character's name, and developed a habit of smoking cannabis and an addiction to cocaine in 2004.

Damn that dedication

>michael jai white
>he is black
Explain this

>Jack Black
>Is white
explain this

Not if it interferes with a Spawn sequel!

I want Keith David to play Manta.

Switched at birth

but why would steel work with supergirl as photographer?

because his fathers father is adopted.

What if they both play Manta and that's the twist?

I was hoping for Idris he'd play the fuck out that role

I'm still hoping for him to play Martian Manhunter, especially now that Goyer is out of the picture.

"My momma says my daddy's name's Black Manta."

"So did my momma..."

"Hush up little girls, lotta cats have that name."

>I really want a shitty movie to help me argue a stupid point
Cool.

Yeah sure I've always liked him

Can't wait for the shitstorm over a black guy being cast as Manta

Considering half the board are cross-board scum that don't even read comics I expect them to be up in arms about a black man taking a supposedly white characters role. Because thats how ignorant this place has become

Really mods should just create /cape/ or force all live action shit to Sup Forums to mitagate this bullshit

Is it wrong to say I got a little chubbed from imagining Keith David saying "Mmm... Chocos "

You got a DeLorean so we can go hop back to '88 to get him in his prime?
Actually, bring back Roddy too

I would watch a movie about his life

>actors can't play more than one comic book character
Tripfag proves he's retarded once again.

Best Green Lantern.

Roddy Piper would have made a good Aquaman back in the day, for that matter.

I want Terry Crews to play Black Manta to see him say this in his Old Spice commercial tone.

I want him to be Spawn, again, dammit!

I want HOW'S THE WIFE AND KID to become the new MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>Williams suffered from an identity crisis during his portrayal of Omar Little
>It happen to him again with black manta

>he starts stalking and harassing the shit out of Momoa in costume

Like Ra's Al Ghul, Bane and ancient one?

Will never happen. No one who campaigns for a role ever gets it, and he isn't a big enough actor to be in a big DC flick. It'd be cool though.

>Not knowing Black Manta is black

You can't be serious mate

He's actually right about Sup Forums normies, they even got mad when Supergirl's Miss Martian was black despite the fact that J'onn is already using a black guy as his disguise and his niece would likely look like him

>Williams shows up at Jason Momoa's beachfront house, rising out of the water with a plastic trident raised over his head.
>Hey, Jason. How's the wife and kid?"

Jack Black for G'nort

If there's 100 white characters and like 10 non-white, and you turn a couple white characters to another race then you still have like 90 others. If you turn a non-white white, then you are left with few.

Well, when whites make up the majority of the population, the percentages aren't actually a problem.

But how can he be Black Manta when he is already Spawn?
What god would allow that?

>when whites make up the majority of the population
They don't though.

>Well, when whites make up the majority of the population,
Except they don't

I'd be fine with it
But the suit is the seller. Will they go classic with just scuba gear and helmet, or the more armoured YJ look

Pretty sure that's Asians

Is this film made in Asia, you dip?

This. He'd be perfect

>Sup Forums
>normie

Nigga, Sup Forums is sperg central.

census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045215/00
You guys are being purposeful idiots.
Do you think American media has an obligation to perfectly represent the world population?
If so do you think this applies to China, India or any other place that produces movies? My guess would be no.

>Do you think American media has an obligation to perfectly represent the world population?
No, but the creators of said shows and content want to, and it's their content. You're welcome to tune out if they do something you don't like, but unless you're going to work your way into a powerful position, you have no say so. Neither do I.

The creators said that they want their content to represent the world population? Then why don't they make majority of their protagonists Asian? Or Christian?

Because they don't want to? It's their content man. Just tell them you don't care.

That's fine, but people always talk about representation, and I was explaining why that's bullshit. Also, they can do whatever the fuck they want, but I'm allowed to hold my own opinion on it.

>Then why don't they make majority of their protagonists Asian?
Because it's their choice. And Asians have been increasingly showing up on the market.

>Or Christian?
You're kidding right. You realize Christianity is the default religion for a majority of heroes.

I don't like it either, but if they wanna do it, they have full right to. Either way, you have full right to not support their content.

>That's fine, but people always talk about representation, and I was explaining why that's bullshit.

It's more about pandering to a demographic and possibly garnering more readers.

>Also, they can do whatever the fuck they want, but I'm allowed to hold my own opinion on it.

Who said you couldn't. No one said "Give up your opinion". We're just telling you, if you don't like it, don't support the content. That's an action you can take. That goes further than an opinion.

I think that guy was saying, White are a majority, but not the only group. Blacks, Asians, and Mexicans exist in the population. So writers want to include them in said market to further influx sales.

>You realize Christianity is the default religion for a majority of heroes
Not very evident, desu.

I don't disagree with anything you said...

See , I was originally replying to one guy who was talking about demographics, I didn't say creators had to do anything, I was criticising his line of thinking. At no point in this thread have I said that creators have to do anything. I have just being putting forth my opinion.

>Not very evident, desu.
How evident does it need to be? Multiple comics often reference biblical stories as metaphors and such. Hell some of the most popular characters in Comic media are Christians. Do you actually know wtf you're talking about?

Don't pretend, please, how likely is a new Asian super hero to appear in say Marvel? Not likely, maybe Hulk, despite them being major portions of the world, there really is nothing.
Or how about more specific to the US, where are the Latin super heroes they outnumber black people considerably.
Let's not beat around the bush, there is an ideology at hand here.
One that equates diversity of race with pretty much black, representation it is not, there is a reason why we're not seeing a bunch of Indian, Latin or Asian superheroes when it comes to this concept of "representation".
You see this, I see this, maybe you want to pretend that there are no patterns when it comes to this, but I personally think it's clear as day.

The egg is hatching

>Don't pretend, please, how likely is a new Asian super hero to appear in say Marvel?

Very likely. Depending on said writer.

>Not likely, maybe Hulk, despite them being major portions of the world, there really is nothing.

Most writers tend to write from their perspective in America.

>Or how about more specific to the US, where are the Latin super heroes they outnumber black people considerably.

Of course, but only because blacks are ingrained in the culture. Mexicans and other races are too, but because of black's specific past, they've been given a platform for entertainment and have loudly presented themselves. So writers often take said media representation and implement it in the plot. This can be observed looking at Marvel's reaction to the 60's and 70's black power movements. Tons of heroes were created and pushed out to represent that voice. On top of that it lead to the creation of various heroes with differing ideologies.

>Let's not beat around the bush, there is an ideology at hand here.

Yes, there's an ideology at hand every where you're not saying nothing no one doesn't know.

>One that equates diversity of race with pretty much black, representation it is not, there is a reason why we're not seeing a bunch of Indian, Latin or Asian superheroes when it comes to this concept of "representation".

1. Because Indian and Asians are a small minority in America
2. Because Latin racial identity varies depending on country back ground.(Meaning some Latinos can identify with being white, some can identify with being non-white)
3.The Latin demographic seems to have it's own medium, not in America of course, but in their countries of origin.

>You see this, I see this, maybe you want to pretend that there are no patterns when it comes to this, but I personally think it's clear as day.

Yes. I also don't see it as much as an issue as you're making it. The worst case scenario is some character is black for a few years and turns back white.

>there is a reason why we're not seeing a bunch of Indian, Latin or Asian superheroes when it comes to this

You're making this a lot more complex than it is. It's just Marvel wanting to appeal to blacks, because they're the vocal minority and they sympathize with them.

Do you have any actual numbers on how many black/hispanic and such heroes Marvel has? I mean in this very movie they raceswapped Aquaman into a Pacific islander. Is your beef with Marvel or DC?Marvel put in Cho as you said and Silk Marvel as done Hispanic legacy characters before and Miles is partially one too. Every time this is brought up, anons come down with memory loss. Even when they got an hispanic to play Hawkgirl an user here thought she was black.

>You see this, I see this, maybe you want to pretend that there are no patterns when it comes to this, but I personally think it's clear as day.
Yes the pattern is towards diversity, but why does that require ignore any non-black and non-white character? Hell they're getting Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider in live action BEFORE Miles, where's the acknowledgement?

This thread was a mistake

Hope he gets it. But white is cool too

Idris Elba

I hate to say it but I feel like Momoa would be the sort of person to shoot someone for that