I'm starting to get interesting about Catholicism with all the spectrum it comes with...

I'm starting to get interesting about Catholicism with all the spectrum it comes with. So can you red pill me because I need more meat on the bone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg
youtu.be/typ2pl2L47k
youtube.com/watch?v=z0PvZGVPiJU
youtube.com/watch?v=XmSm120gFlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sID0vyENNBU
newadvent.org/fathers/0102.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=2GKXk5lGYII
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjQltP_3sPOAhXEpI8KHVK4CcYQFggsMAI&url=http://biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/vox/vol09/scripture_lane.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHuKK0dcvJaz9ZQgsdIpunJKLv4GA
fisheaters.com/
newadvent.org/fathers/0103520.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Diluted judaism, not that Islam is any better.

Its heresy mate, Orthodox or fucking bust.

Vatican II is globalist cancer. Try and find a traditional catholic community if you can

>I'm starting to get interesting about Catholicism
Why?

Christianity in general is universalist cancer.

wow really makes you think. I guess i'll become a good atheist goy now

there is no proof that a historical jesus ever existed.

Feel free to google for hours trying to find some, though. All you'll find is "scholarly agreement" that he existed, with no actual proof.

Educate me on how obsessing over the teachings of an actual Jewish man, taken from the scriptures of a book that is literally half of the Hebrew bible, is anti-Jew in any way.

Why is this a meme among you people? Why would Jews want people to not believe in a God?

How is crap that tells you to give everything to the poor, that everyone is your brothers in Christ, that we need to help all the poor scum of the world, that you should put God above your own family not universalist garbage?

Let me guess, Jocephus (or however it's spelled) writings were fraudulent? Is that how this argument goes?

Oh good goyim take the blue pill. Ignore the fact that Jews hate Jesus and that Jesus' entire preaching was against the Jews of his time.

Relying on one writer isn't good enough in my book, user.

In fact: "The same is true of the Jewish historian, Flavious Josephus. Due to his treachery and betrayal of his own people, Josephus not only saved his skin during the Jewish War but also became a personal favorite of the Roman Emperor Vespian," [145] says Robert Hutchinson, in his book Searching for Jesus. He continues, quoting Ehrman, "Yet despite being a personal friend of the emperor, how often is Josephus mentioned in Greek and Roman sources of his own day, the first century CE? Never." [145]

Now look, i'm not Christian, but what you said is just stupid. Jesus was not jewish, he was the son, christian himself. His sacrifice and union into the trinity invalidated the Old testament. The real jews became christians, those who didn't consider him the messiah still today call themselves jews, tough judaism doesn't exist anymore.

>Why would Jews want people to not believe in a God?

Because Jews believe that anyone who isn't Jewish is subhuman and should serve under them. They despise Christianity because of it's strength and because of it's message that you don't have to be among God's chosen people to get to heaven.

Do you seriously think it's a coincidence that the rise of atheism has happened along with every other form of degeneracy plaguing the west?

>Do you seriously think it's a coincidence that the rise of atheism has happened along with every other form of degeneracy plaguing the west?

If atheism is the reason degeneracy is so rampant how was the soviet union more pro-family and anti degeneracy than the formerly christian west?

>hurr durr kike on stick

Hello JIDF

Lol following Jewish religion is somehow against Jews

>thread already heading into Jewish religion vs Jewish race
Don't fall for it, guys.

I absolutely refuse to take anyone seriously who literally worships a book that has the Old Testament in it, and say they are fighting against Jewry. You are the epitome of brainwashed.

This. And Peter and Paul made this even more clear in the rest of the New Testament.

The Jews are enemies for our sakes, and we shouldn't heed Jewish fables. I know people who don't believe in Christ see that as ironic of course. You would think you wouldn't need the Holy Spirit but only to exercise common sense to discern something like that.

>If atheism is the reason degeneracy is so rampant

it's not the reason but one of the symptoms.

>how was the soviet union more pro-family and anti degeneracy than the formerly christian west?

Because when Stalin came to power he changed the states position from being anti-religious and, for lack of a better word, progressive, to tolerating religion and pushing classic christian family values, without ever explicitly calling it so.

Christianity went to shit after middle ages
from Knights fighting with evil to cucks kissing evils feet
Francis is a fag

we forgot that God is not only merciful Christ, but also wrathful God the Father

Tell me then why do you think it is a discrediting of God to include his words in it, when many times even in the Old Testament he said the Jews were stubborn and evil, and that he would make the jealous just so he could save the entire world?

And that the disciples showed that the context the myriad of Jewish laws was for God to prove that they are impossible to follow, and that rather a savior is required? If God insists that the Law does not have the power to save, how condemning is that to Judaism?

Heres a red pill
stop being a christkike and believing jewish fairy tales

it was always shit you subhuman slav christkike

>Christianity went to shit after middle ages
No, it was shit in the beginning when followers actually followed Christ's example and things he said, then was sort of alright when that bullshit was generally ignored in favor of not being passive proto-commie dipwads.

Know your enemy, or just read the New Testament then.

Jesus was the real redpill

>you now realise Jesus would be locked up for "anti-semitism" if he was preaching today

Its the only church that is tied historically to Rome still in its traditions and stuff

but yeah vatican 2 has created a disconnect in the two sort of

it is very austere and scholarly

but because the Church was infected by Jews now the Catholic tries to be 'hip' and progressive and host all these festivals and shit

traditional catholicism was based

it did go crazy for a while with selling indulgences (pretty much like a VIP ticket into heaven for a certain price) and shit like that ... but any human group/organisation isn't perfect and can be corrupted - just look at the UN, the Olympic Committee, FIFA and shit

the church =/= christianity

personally i was raised a catholic, and there is a good spirit about it (aside from the previously stated jewish work at hand)

at the end of the day however, the root of it all is Christ; and catholics and some other denominations seem to forget that and focus on the differences and denominations

This is correct.

Sell your cloak and buy a sword.

>passive proto-commie dipwads
That shunned people in the church that didn't have jobs? When will this meme end?

Read Thomas Aquinas

He is considered to Christianity (Catholocism specifically) to be what Aristotle was to Greek/Western Philosophy

I was born Roman Catholic but drifted away around my parents' divorce because single mother upbringings are one of the knife wounds to humanity, but I always kept my Christian faith, and it's helped me greatly. Religion acts like a vessel to preserve and spread morality against degeneracy in society. It's essential - take it from pic related and Yuri -youtu.be/kDKGvg6HeyY
Here are some extremely useful books for you and any user interested:
mega.nz/#!QoRGARhZ!sKun_Jw7izZcNYngYvfs_90Wi6obUcialZf80c2DTYg
On specifically Catholicism, with my reading of the Bible, I don't like the Papacy, Marian/saint prayers and such, yet I'm not a full-fledged Protestant evangelical Israel-worshipper like some would claim. Most of the time, denominational "debate" on here is just D&C shilling.

Thanks bro.

>So can you red pill me
It's a religion for retards who don't understand the basics of Christianity.
They are essentially pagans.
>inb4 Catholics are the one, and only true Christians meme
Can't believe people actually fall for that shit.
Catholics are people who can't into theology, and history.

Don't fall for the memes, OP.

Anytime, man. Here's a documentary on how Israel and Jew-worship aren't sacred cows in Christianity too, regardless of what the evangelicals and shills on here may say: youtu.be/typ2pl2L47k
And pic related is the list of books in the mega link.

Return to Torah. Research the error of the lawless and do a word search on anomia in the Greek NT. These Jewish writers are only writing about one thing with that word and it is Torahlessness. Lawbreakers. God's Law. It's still in effect. Sin is defined as breaking God's Law (1 John 3:4). God does not tolerate mixing of pagan practices with His true worship. Read Ezekiel 8 for prophecy regarding Easter. I mean, come on, it's named after a Sumerian goddess for crying out loud and is littered with that fertility worship. In Ezekiel, God says it is not a trivial thing. Do your study, repent, and return to His Law. However, do not get sucked into the Talmudic Judaism of today. That is exactly what Jesus came to get rid of...the traditions of men that the Pharisees had added and later became the Talmud in rabbinic Judaisim. Get out of lawlessness, but also stay out of the traditions of men. Follow Christ's example. He kept Torah perfectly and that is why he is our example to follow.

>subhuman
>99% white, not Muslim, not fedora
lmao go get raped, robbed and killed by a nigger or spic, but don't forget to pay taxes for those women's studies you burgers treat as science there
lmao

Stop Sven that religion is not for you
youtube.com/watch?v=z0PvZGVPiJU

this "jesus is completely made up" thing is an entirely new argument that emerged out of the "new atheists" movement

Never before has the historicity of jesus been questioned. it's only now that we are entering an age of degeneracy and hedonism unseen since... (dare i say it) ... biblical times

>raised roman catholic
>my parents divorced
well there's your problem

>calling things that aren't memes memes
>using anti-catholic memes
literally the only arguments against catholicism are protestant/heretical memes

In the old testament god makes a bunch of jews drown because hes upset.

image is Christ Pantokrator. in Palermo Sicily, built by the based Norman Kingdom in the Sun.

RIP Robert Guiscard, Roger Bosso, and Tancred of Antioch.

Read Fr Seraphim Rose

Watch this guy. Father Lazarus of the Desert.

youtube.com/watch?v=XmSm120gFlQ

tl;dw: militant atheist's conversion to coptic christianity

Matt?

Read the Catholic catechism by Fr. John Hardon. Really breaks it down in an easy to understand format. Another good one is Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating.

>lol the bible is jewish lies
>now let me tell you what you believe
>lol christians r dumb

No

Catholicism was based. It's other denominations like Protestantism that gave off the christcuck reputation.

The Catholic Church is deeply rooted in the original traditions, and its not about 'muh 6000 years' or 'muh adam n eve, not stevey wondur' It's about following the teachings of Jesus to be a better person.

Everything that is wrong with Christianity today can be fixed by everything that is right with it.

People died for their belief in Christ, they'll do it again. That is what made Christianity successful. Unwavering faith against those who would destroy you.

I like the part where Protestantism is not found in the Bible

such as Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide

Catholicism was the best form of Chrstianity prior to Vatican II, when it was completely infiltrated by Jews and the Jewish media was destroying them, accusing them of not doing enough to help the scared 6 trillion.

This is a good article about Jewish ritual murder that gets into how the church changed after Vatican II.

If you are shopping for a religion now, I'd go for Russian Orthodox. Only good thing I got from Catholic schools was ability to read Latin.

t. Catholic who refuses to attend mass in protest of the Jesuit antichrist we have on the throne of St. Peter right now

>Protestantism is not found in the Bible
Protestants are even worse. The ultimate cucks. Lutherans are responsible for importing all the Somalis into Maine and Minnesota.

then you have fat sweaty john "Israel first" hagee, with his private jew and chef.

If that isn't enough, the oily joel osteen lives in a $65 million dollar home. These fucking mega-churches are the worst scams. How people fall for them, I'lll never get.

If Luther (author of "The Jews and Their Lies") knew what his Reformation would lead to, I think he'd have kept his 95 theses to himself.

Catholicism in the 16th century, as corrupt as it was, was something of a unifying factor for Europeans. The Reformation lead to centuries of war and just ruin once Calvin got ahold of it and then a million different off-shoots.

>falling for the jewry media portrayal of the Holy Father
Come home, brother. The pope needs your prayers

Also required listening for those interested in Catholicism.

youtube.com/watch?v=sID0vyENNBU

Like I said, I'm not the stereotypical evangelical protestant, I'm just non-denominational.
Do you consider the invisible catholic church of Christ as Protestantism?What about the Orthodox and Catholic churches in protest of each other?

"For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not being merely human? What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth."
(1 Corinthians 3:4-7 ESV)

Just a few catholic hypocrisies

1 Have the Bible, wont let anyone understand it for hundreds of years.

2 Bible says no other Gods before me in 10 commandments, yet they tell you to pray to Mary.

3 Top 10 says no idols, fills their churches with idols floor to ceiling.

4 Jesus says if you want to follow me sell all your stuff and give the money to the poor and follow me. Catholic church has been one of the biggest hoarders of wealth and lands in history

5 Jesus Says (in the Bible the catholic dont read) No one comes to the father save through me. Yet you have to receive Jesus through a priest.

6 Bible says fuck off Traditions of Man! Catholics honor traditions over the word of God.

In short, the catholic's are a satanic perversion of the original teachings the Lord gave us. Everything they could think up over the years to invert or fucked up they did. Its basically the height of organized degeneracy pretending to be holy.

2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Isn't it funny....

But when the adversary of the race of the righteous, the envious, malicious, and wicked one, perceived the impressive nature of his martyrdom, and [considered] the blameless life he had led from the beginning, and how he was now crowned with the wreath of immortality, having beyond dispute received his reward, he did his utmost that not the least memorial of him should be taken away by us, although many desired to do this, and to become possessors of his holy flesh. For this end he suggested it to Nicetes, the father of Herod and brother of Alce, to go and entreat the governor not to give up his body to be buried, "lest," said he, "forsaking Him that was crucified, they begin to worship this one." This he said at the suggestion and urgent persuasion of the Jews, who also watched us, as we sought to take him out of the fire, being ignorant of this, that it is neither possible for us ever to forsake Christ, who suffered for the salvation of such as shall be saved throughout the whole world (the blameless one for sinners ), nor to worship any other. For Him indeed, as being the Son of God, we adore; but the martyrs, as disciples and followers of the Lord, we worthily love on account of their extraordinary affection towards their own King and Master, of whom may we also be made companions and fellow disciples!

newadvent.org/fathers/0102.htm

Guess the first Christians were idolaters

The Bible does not say many contradictory things

Deal with it

>>>/reddit/
Either you believe or you don't.

Hush, kekspawn, go away.

Why is this fucking albano tier even trying, not clicking him, don't wanna touch shit tier 2bh

What is this? This does not seem to be from my Bible. What are you quoting here?

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Cor 11:4

everything you need to know right here

youtube.com/watch?v=2GKXk5lGYII

>Just a few catholic hypocrisies
Just a few anti-catholic memes, cleaned up easily enough; here we go
>1 Have the Bible, wont let anyone understand it for hundreds of years.
baseless claim; the first bible ever printed was a catholic bible; the bible is read 4 times from 4 different books at every Catholic mass every single day; Catholics compiled the bible ~4th century in order to combat various heresies of the time; without a Church authority to proclaim it so, how do you know which books of the bible are the word of God and divinely inspired?
>2 Bible says no other Gods before me in 10 commandments, yet they tell you to pray to Mary.
again, this claim is simply not true. The English word pray means to ask. This is obvious in old and middle english; for example, "praytell, what is your name?" or "pray, open the door please."
Catholics ask Mary along with the saints to pray to God for us. The saints and Mary are in heaven and in them we have a true advocate with God. Catholics do not break the 2nd commandment by praying (asking) that Mary and the saints pray for them.

cont'd

The OT are the books of the hebrews not those of the jews, who aren't ethnic hebrew but mongrel and the synagogue of Satzn.

Genesis is bullshit.

Noah is bullshit.

Jesus miraculous birth and coming back to life is bullshit.

The bible is a collection of legends and myths.

Yes I can red pill you on Catholicism OP, it seems like the liberation theology has got its hands on the Pope, we need to undo that and the Vatican II.

>this "jesus is completely made up" thing is an entirely new argument that emerged out of the "new atheists" movement

no, everyone knows there is no actual documented history of a real living christ outside the gospels but for a brief mention in Suetonius while he's ranting about something else,

either they did a really good job covering up the existence of a real living person which I could see as was traditional in Egypt for previous rulers to be erased from records and such but this story of the birth of Jesus involving a census and the fact that no evidence of such a census exists anywhere gives credit to the idea that chirst is a figurehead of some type although his story could very well apply to many living people at the time but only he is the third entity of the trinity god incarnate yet nothing from him lifetime exists to prove he was actually there

the resurrection takes place at a mithraic cult site

most likely jews used the story to gather support from Mitras worshippers and Zoroastrians to gain support for their war, and Christianity was born as a sort of judaism lite

Are you ignorant? You realize the Catholics kept the bible in a dead language and when various great men of God decided to translate it to the common tongue were called heretics and hunted for their very lives by the "church".

>Protesturd
>preach different jesuses
I think this would make it very clear who is the false loser

Have you ever even read the king James for yourself?

This.
I just can't find it in me to unironically believe in old tales of the supernatural.

>catholic's are a satanic perversion of the original teachings the Lord gave us

the catholic church is the modern day Roman empire, the guy who runs the thing in the shadows is Caesar, the head of the black nobility (the organization who runs the vatican) is caesar

>Genesis is bullshit.
The Bigbang
>Noah is bullshit.
Literally every culture on earth has a flood story. Perhaps your little fedora brain can accept that a great flood did actually happen you faggot.
>Jesus miraculous birth and coming back to life is bullshit.
No, it isn't

>The bible is a collection of legends and myths.
Yeah, fucking your cousin should be allowed too! That Bible is just old and outdated!

Prottestants explain

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjQltP_3sPOAhXEpI8KHVK4CcYQFggsMAI&url=http://biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/vox/vol09/scripture_lane.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHuKK0dcvJaz9ZQgsdIpunJKLv4GA

>The bible is a collection of legends and myths.

yes but they are carefully collected to conceal important scientific information

>3 Top 10 says no idols, fills their churches with idols floor to ceiling.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. In no way do Catholics worship idols.
>4 Jesus says if you want to follow me sell all your stuff and give the money to the poor and follow me. Catholic church has been one of the biggest hoarders of wealth and lands in history
another baseless accusation. The Church is interested in beautifying its sanctuaries, cathedrals, etc. in the interest of giving glory to God and of spurring our imaginations to God. In reality, the Catholic Church is the largest and most generous charitable organization in the world, and has been for hundreds of years. Did you know the modern hospital developed out of the Church? also, see pic related
>5 Jesus Says (in the Bible the catholic dont read) No one comes to the father save through me. Yet you have to receive Jesus through a priest.
While He was on earth, Jesus chose men to be His apostles and He passed on authority to these men to carry out His work of preaching the good news and forgiving sins. The Roman Catholic priesthood is the continuation of apostolic succession. They are the descendants of the apostles, and therefore they retain the promises of Christ (matthew 28, john 20, and a few others)
>6 Bible says fuck off Traditions of Man! Catholics honor traditions over the word of God.
First of all, it is not becoming of a Christian to talk like that. Second of all, see 2 Thess 2:15, 1 Corinth 11:2, etc. etc.

cont'd

>The Bigbang

Has empirical backing and is not the prevailing theory anymore. More like the big expansion.

>Literally every culture on earth has a flood story.

It makes for a good story user. There is no evidence of a great flood. I don't wanna to argue about it if you're indoctrinated because you're already dismissing the entire field of evidence.

>No, it isn't

Yes...Yes it is. It's a myth, not a real story.

>That Bible is just old and outdated!

I wouldn't say that, i preferred reading the Iliad and that's much older.

lmao.

>In short, the catholic's are a satanic perversion of the original teachings the Lord gave us. Everything they could think up over the years to invert or fucked up they did. Its basically the height of organized degeneracy pretending to be holy.
The Catholic Church is the ultimate purveyor of spiritual Truth in this world; She was commissioned by Christ Himself;
In the bible, when God commissions someone, when he assigns them a specific task, he changes their name (see Sarai to Sarah, Abram to Abraham, Jacob to Israel etc.) When Christ changes Peter's name to Simon in John 1:42, it is for the same reason; that is, a divine commission from God himself.
>2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
On what authority do you accuse heresy? You speak of the Catholic Church as if you were a historian. Are you? What makes you so certain that the Catholic Church is evil? It seems to me you are repeating what you hear and acting on base emotion.

>Has empirical backing and is not the prevailing theory anymore
of course it is the prevailing theory. CERN even shows us more clearly that. Multiverse and string theory are literally memes without any evidence to be back up.
>It makes for a good story user. There is no evidence of a great flood
I guess almost every culture around the world was incredibly unoriginal tighout copying from each other then

No place in the bible does it say you must confess to a priest to be forgiven. You confess to the ones you wrong.

Also look up your own doctrines regarding Mary. The catholics teach she was herself born without sin...

Do you not see how your pope is a false Christ when he declares himself infallible?

Baseless accusation is not argument

there are also messages hidden in the gematriac reading of the bible, and some stories describe the building of various technological inventions, the ark is a faraday cage

I read the Word, and I read history. Both true. My conclusions are my own. I abjure you, read your bible yourself. Don't be lazy. Read your own KJV. I think perhaps you are projecting on me here bro.

This user gets it.

>of course it is the prevailing theory. CERN even shows us more clearly that. Multiverse and string theory are literally memes without any evidence to be back up

k

>I guess almost every culture around the world was incredibly unoriginal tighout copying from each other then

I wouldn't say unoriginal. It's just pretty obvious certain things work in story telling, and that these cultures most likely came from some root religion like a common ancestor. Like zoroastrianism maybe? Who knows. The Bibles old testament is probably heavily rooted in samarian myth.

They had no use for a faraday cage in those days. So if it was one, it's coincidence. They didn't have the ability to harness electricity back then.

fisheaters.com/

Welcome home.

You know the Lord himself said "I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"

What makes you think the catholic church is an example of God pleasing faith... And not an example of a "strange fire" on the Alter of God?

I realize that is what you've been told. I don't recognize it as historical fact. Why do you?
>No place in the bible does it say you must confess to a priest to be forgiven. You confess to the ones you wrong.
The Gospel according to John, chapter 20
"[19] Now when it was late that same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, [20] And when he had said this, he shewed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord. [21] He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. [22] When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. [23] Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
>Also look up your own doctrines regarding Mary. The catholics teach she was herself born without sin...
How can God himself be born of sin? If Mary was tainted by sin, how could God literally be born of a sinful person? God and sin cannot co-exist.
>Do you not see how your pope is a false Christ when he declares himself infallible?
The pope is infallible when making proclamations concerning faith and morals
>Baseless accusation is not argument
You have made some baseless accusations; i.e. you are just stating your opinion. Your opinion does not compel me to make a formal argument, but I will if you ask me to and if you give me a little time.

>k
lmao
>these cultures most likely came from some root religion like a common ancestor
That's not a historical notion. There is no all-encompassing culture that can explain the accounts of the flood in cultures all around the world.
>Like zoroastrianism maybe?
Are you implying zoroastrianism influenced the accounts of the flood all over the world? I think you don't know what you are talking about at all
>The Bibles old testament is probably heavily rooted in samarian myth.
You mean sumerian? The Bible might have used certain "images" or inspiration from sumerian stories, but that is because the Holy Spirit doesn't dictate the Bible, it inspires the writers. That means that writers express things through what they already know. If Dawkins had that task in the current year he would probably express the same concepts using imagery and concepts influenced by evolutionary biology, because that is what he knows and expriences in the way his mind reasons.
That imagery though, was used in the Bible to express things very different from those you find in sumerian deities.

>Has empirical backing

Did you see the Big Bang happen ?

>It makes for a good story user. There is no evidence of a great flood. I don't wanna to argue about it if you're indoctrinated because you're already dismissing the entire field of evidence.

The evidences are that all cultures speak about a great flood.

>That's not a historical notion. There is no all-encompassing culture that can explain the accounts of the flood in cultures all around the world.

I doubt it. I'm positive there is a great flood myth in zoroastrianism which predates everything else.

>Are you implying zoroastrianism influenced the accounts of the flood all over the world? I think you don't know what you are talking about at all

Yes.

>but that is because the Holy Spirit doesn't dictate the Bible, it inspires the writers.

haha.

Your argument is based on the premise this is true, therefore your argument non sequitur.

Can you explain this early Christian theologian, Irenaeus who argues against Sola Scriptura

>Those, therefore, who desert the preaching of the Church, call in question the knowledge of the holy presbyters, not taking into consideration of how much greater consequence is a religious man, even in a private station, than a blasphemous and impudent sophist. Now, such are all the heretics, and those who imagine that they have hit upon something more beyond the truth, so that by following those things already mentioned, proceeding on their way variously, inharmoniously, and foolishly, not keeping always to the same opinions with regard to the same things, as blind men are led by the blind, they shall deservedly fall into the ditch of ignorance lying in their path, ever seeking and never finding out the truth. 2 Timothy 3:7 It behooves us, therefore, to avoid their doctrines, and to take careful heed lest we suffer any injury from them; but to flee to the Church, and be brought up in her bosom, and be nourished with the Lord's Scriptures. For the Church has been planted as a garden (paradisus) in this world; therefore says the Spirit of God, "You may freely eat from every tree of the garden," Genesis 2:16 that is, Eat from every Scripture of the Lord; but you shall not eat with an uplifted mind, nor touch any heretical discord.

newadvent.org/fathers/0103520.htm

>not keeping always to the same opinions with regard to the same things

It's like he's anticipating Protesturds

>Did you see the Big Bang happen ?

not necessary.

>The evidences are that all cultures speak about a great flood.

A lot of ancient cultures parroted a lot of things. Facts are facts though, there was no great flood.

Have you never read about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale ?

>scholarly agreement

The ENTIRE bases of rational Secularism

>You know the Lord himself said "I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"
I fear the Lord's wrath. Do you? What makes you so certain that you are right and just in condemning the Catholic Church?
>What makes you think the catholic church is an example of God pleasing faith... And not an example of a "strange fire" on the Alter of God?
Many things; for starters, a sound understanding of history, a decent understanding of the Jewish traditions that the Christian religion came out of, a strict vigilance regarding the commands of our Lord and a desire to obey them, a discerning heart, a right curiosity, etc. etc. etc.

The beauty of the Church is everywhere, literally all over the world now, even in places where She is so unjustly persecuted, the Church remains a shining city on a hill (matthew 5:13)

Are you not at all skeptical of the magisterial authority of an earthly institution claiming divine rights? The same historical institution which has crowned numerous despots and in times past its highest offices were controlled and held by the most Machiavellian characters?

Perhaps the Great Flood happened in the birthplace of Humanity when all humans were still united.