This just got announced, good shit i say

Other urls found in this thread:

aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00099782.html
youtu.be/_rd24EGn-sI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No it didn't

yes it did aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00099782.html

Hopefully featuring Joker and Ivy.

She really didn't interest me enough in suicide squad for me to want to see a solo with her

If they cant get a solo movie with Supes right then how can they get a fucking Harley movie right?

they got her spot on in SS so quite easily i would say

>more Leto Joker

nope

the DCEU just keeps expanding

Harley fans are arguably the easiest fans to please in the entire business. The character is neither particularly complicated or grand, I don't think the Superman comparison is a proper analogue.

Makes sense. She was the reason people watched Suicide Skwad

I'm excited for it. I wanted it or a Harley & Ivy movie immediately after seeing SS. I wish it was sooner than 3 years away though.

I would love to see a Harley Quinn movie with Poison Ivy. Would be an awesome way to introduce her to the DCEU.

>dude dykes lmao

What is she going to DO for a movie? Like, what is it she actually does exactly? She might be the icing on a few good cakes in terms of comics and games and whatnot but put her by herself and what is her motivation? The only time I've seen her actually be interesting on her own is that one episode where she tries to go straight but is just too fargone as a criminal to do it and gets pushed back into being bad. Batman hassling her for shit, other villains showing up at her door causing trouble.....hyenas eating the neighbors pets. Make that. Fuck Ivy and fuck the other movies. Oh boy, Harley and Ivy. In a car. Doing what? For an hour. Then Batman will show up because it's a movie. It's not in her nature to spearhead a plan and she hates doing it.

No, it didn't.
>"I'm trying to make that happen,"
>trying
Just like you.

kek you sound so bitter

they should make a harley quinn x deadpool movie

The rights issues alone would be a mess. Then there will be the fan wars. People complaining they wanted a Marvel vs DC film, not Harley x Deadpool.

So Harley and Ivy vs the Birds of Prey??

I can only see it working if they do it Who Framed Rodger Rabit style with everyone big, (Tony Cap Bruce Supes ect.) only being shown from behind at a bar then brief speaking cameos, and both titular characters referencing that it's not canon to either universe early on in the film

that would be a good crossover film and bring together two properties that are really similar

I just don't get the appeal. This version of Harley looks like her fanny would stink.

they are really 2 alternate reality versions of the same person

I don't like girls.

This DCEU is a fucking disaster. Kill yourself WB.

A solo movie will be a nice change from spring Marvel and mashing action figures together

Needs Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" trailer soundtrack, to get everyone pumped for yet another dismal WB effort.

I've always thought lower-budget Bat-films are the way to go, Bat-autists will shell out money for ANYTHING Batman.

ITT:waaaaaa

Or the 8th matchup of Superman and Luthor.

genuinely curious, what the FUCK would a harley movie even be about except muh joker??

goddamn, so many female superheroes and they're going with her. I really hope she's good in SS (movie comes out next week in germany) even though the trailers pretty much portray her as an annoying cunt (which she is) but in a kind of way that I wouldn't want to see on the big screen

It will most likely get pushed

I'm sure they'll translate one of the classic Harley Quinn solo stories like...

That would be rad. Put Katana on the Birds and we're set too!

Why is this streewalking whore in relationship with a clown who treats her like property is some kind of feminist icon? Why not, I don't know Zatanna? Why not anybody upstanding?

I think most people talk about her comic part which managed to break free of the Joker.
That being said I don't really mind. Harley at leats provides cheesecake. I'm not hold my breath that Marvel will do anything of that kind of Cap. Marvel or any other female hero anymore.

Mainly exposure. Starting out attached at the hip to the Joker afforded Harley a ton more exposure than most female heroes get.

Also that song "Girls just want to have fun" is correct, and girls are more than willing to self-insert as Harley, a girl who is portrayed as doing whatever she wants with zero consequences while the world stands with its mouth hanging open salivating.

At least, that's what she's like in her solo stuff now. I haven't seen the traditional abusive relationship stuff with Harley in a while.

What in the hell would her "solo" movie even be about, is she even at the point of leaving the Joker in the DCEU?

That might as well be what the movie is about. Maybe even have Ivy try to coax her away from him.
If anything they can feature the abuse stuff there quite well without taking away from other character's spotlight.

>thinking DC Studios will be able to handle complex subject matter like domestic abuse
They already fucked that up with Suicide Squad. That scene where Joker pushes Harley out the chopper to save her? That's an edit, in the original scene he pushes her out of the chopper in an attempt to kill her.

DC has already decided that an abusive Joker would be too much for (test) audiences so that shit is gone.

>not the boomerang and katana team-up
reeeeeee

Meh. Only thing to hope is that they don't ruin Harley & Ivy relationship in that movie

>Justice League vs. The Avengers live action multimillion dollar movie will happen in your lifetime

I liked suicide squad harley but i dont think she will be able to maintain a solo.

Leto joker was mostly fine just seemed a little out of it at times.

Zatanna? You mean that strumpet who only exists to pander to nerds' fetishes for fishnets and is only important/powerful because of her father? PATRIARCHY SCUM

>spot on
lulz
she couldn't even do the mistah j voice
100% trash in a fridge

No, you're just a really stupid person

any confirmation on if she's ever going to be an interesting or well written character?

>superHERO

THIS

>who only exists to pander to nerds' fetishes for fishnets
That's not Black Canary. Besides, a ton of comic icons are only here for fetishes. It's the reason Wonder Woman has rope, or Nightwing has such a nice ass

Bitter as fuck

>Wanting Ivy with Harley

Kill yourself, way to shit on two characters that arent very good to begin, Ivy is nothing more today than Harley's pet for shipping.

>solo movie

You mean co staring Joker and Batman?.....

CAST IVY. GO!

She has more of a base for a solo movie than any female in DC now

What could a Harley Quinn movie possibly be about
I mean she has no origin story, or character motivations
She's just a look after all

>Maybe even have Ivy try to coax her away from him.

Hopefully so Ivy can abuse her as well.

But nobody deserves to be exposed to Leto and his method acting again.

Let's just leave him out.

>Hopefully so Ivy can abuse her as well.
>mfw that what's going to happen

Just kill me

Yea well, that's what you get for wanting to pair her up with a possessive, manipulative villain.

But that's the Joker. Ivy role with Harley always has been the supporting one. the one that makes her see the things like they are, not the abusive one

What's wrong, triggered?

What a convenient re-writing of the character to tie her down to Harley.

She's got no motives as a villain. At first it was sleep her way to her PHD. Then it was scam her way to a book deal. Then it was bang the Joker. Then it was... I dunno just coast on the hold overs of J's villainy? Literally there was no reason to stay a villain after the Joker boner ended other than she was already wanted and going straight or serving time was apparently not wacky and girl power enough for a tween rebel icon. It'd at least be nice if she ever embodied the values of something other than white trash.

>the comics selling well
>the movies doing well
What a time to be a DC fan.

Man, Ivy been that way since her first encounter with Harley in BTAS

youtu.be/_rd24EGn-sI

Ivy is a manipulative murderer who actively tries to kill all of mankind because she thinks it would be better for the Earth. Why would she give a shit about Harley at all?

Do you know of any plant with tits and pussy? If so, let me know

Because Harley is her friend, and the only connection with humanity that she has. Pic related

Ivy is abusive to Harley
like seriously emotionally and physically

>Posting out of context page

That was because Ivy was going through a transformation from human to plant, so she was unstable

A Harley & Ivy movie would shut up tumblr landwhales.
>they're lesbians so they cannot be bad!

>the only human she befriends is an incompetent, gullible, idiot who threw way her entire life to service a mass murdering clown
Yes, this is totally natural progession and in character for Ivy, and totally not writers forcing their ships and ignoring past characterisation.

In a way Harley is like a child. And Ivy always had a weak spot for children.

She can relate to Harley because she was used by a man she loved too.

It won't be a Harley movie. It will be Birds of Prey with the Gotham's syrens or something like that

>In a way Harley is like a child

Makes sense why tumblrites identify with her then.

>so she was unstable

Always trying to excuse abuse.

>>>In a way Harley is like a child
So why don't people on Sup Forums look up to her?

But she was literally unstable, that page is this page confirmed that

Because we fap to her, duh.

That's why I'm so worried. WB has an addiction to complexity on every level, from costume design to plot structure to characterization to editing. They can't leave well enough alone.

Most DCU characters are relatively simple and archetypal. That's their appeal, but instead of just going with that they need to delve deeper and deeper and lose it in an attempt to be "artistic".

Sadly the competition has her

What is it about Redheads....

>she's married to a blind man

What a fucking waste

The placement of Ivy's hand by the smoldering beaker always makes me think she's got a cigarette at first, as OOC as that'd be.

In SS (the last-minute edited version, that is) they made it seem like Joker genuinely loves her and cares for her, the movie ends with him coming to save her from the prison like some kind of knight in a shining armor. Should her movie retcon this back to the original intention?

What kind of question is that?. Of course they must retcon to the original intention

who is doing the character design for the cartoon movie?

She's ugly.

>he touches her at every moment to know where she is
I JELLY

A crime caper/mob story with the who's who of Gotham and Batman being the antagonist of the film. Mix in a bit of Bonnie and Clyde and you have a movie. Make sure the relationship is clearly portrayed as an abusive one, but still darkly sexy to get that Shades of Grey audience. Harley's solace from her abusive boyfriend is her galpal and lover Poison Ivy. You get the feminists and the gays with that one. Female empowerment and bisexuality.

Just do mad love. What else could they do

Just do this WB.

makes it sound like she was lucky she got a spot, they woukda never greenlit this if they didn't include one of their most popular characters, especially to easily tie in the Joker and Bats.