UK trailer for the new Asterix film is out

UK trailer for the new Asterix film is out

youtube.com/watch?v=k-NEg6iPhRM

Wait, did it take that long to get it dubbed?

>Canadian home release has French and English dubs
>the bonus features are in French with no subtitles

Isn't there a love action one out this week too?

Weird.

That's actually quite a decent voice cast.

Is the movie good?

Australian DVD has every bonus feature except for the commentary track.

I saw it last year when it came out in france, i absolutely loved it.

Will they give an african accent to the nubian?

Canadian Blu-ray is locked to region A.

>love action
anyway, if you are talking about the one in UK, avoid it.

Shit trailer, but the movie looks good.
>Jack Whitehall
...Interesting choice.

Dick and Dom...But why?
That aside it looks pretty good, they did a good job re creating the look and feel of the books so this might be pretty good, though I wouldn't have chosen Mansions of the Gods, Maybe Asterix in Britain or Asterix and the Soothsayer.

I'd guess they didn't want a road trip/visit to another country one. Soothsayer would have worked, but I think Mansions is a solid choice.

I like basically everyone in that line-up, but it's hard to picture a lot of them as the characters. Jack as Asterix especially.

I watched the American(?) dub last week. Was pretty funny all the way through.

LODES EMONEY!

Both of those have been made into live-action movies (the soothsayer one was pretty great actually).

here's hoping a sequel will bring us an adorable viking fire cracker

Looks good but any place that isn't UK will hate that because it isn't a pixar/disney film

Having already seen this in French, I believe this film is even better than the original comic.
In the comic, the extent of the Gauls' romanization was them selling stuff to the Romans. In this movie, Julius Caesar's plan almost works, most of the Gauls abandon the Village to go live like Romans in the Mansion of the Gods.

I recall one movie had Craig Charles voicing Asterix

Wasn't there a traditionally-animated Mansions of the Gods adaptation?

That was Asterix Conquers America.

The comics are all pretty similar right? Similar but great.

Whats some of the best ones to read? Theres only like 30 books in 50 years right?

I recomend you stick to the ones written by Gosciny, after he died the artist Uderzo took over and the quality declined.

Absolutely, but this I recommend Asterix the Gaul (the first one), Asterix goes to Britain, and the Mansions of the Gods. All three of those are great fun all the way through.

I'd add Asterix and the Chieftains Shield to that

>Dick and Dom...But why?

Gotta have the celebrity appeal or no one would give a fuck, and I expect that Dick and Dom were the best they could afford.

And I'll add Astérix the Legionary

Mansions of the Gods is actually one of my favourites, but I decided against watching this film in theatres since it looked kinda cheap to me at the time. Maybe I'll give it a chance later

The 12 Tasks of Astreix was pretty good.

>Watch Canadian English version a year ago
>Voices sound familiar but cannot place them
>Cannot find the English voice cast anywhere

To this day, it is a mystery.

Also, pretty good adaptation of the novel, the expansion of the subplot about the guy who wins an apartment at the mansion was superb.

excuse me, i'm looking for the form A31

That one is pretty great. I think Asterix vs Caesar is still probably the best one. That chariot race still kills me.

> Nick Frost as Obelisk

Why didn't I think of that?!

I liked the animation stlye, really nailed the original character designs this time. HOWEVER, they've made some horrible changes to the story

Could they have chosen a worse announcer?

Voice cast doesn't seem so bad but
>Dick and Dom
The fuck? Why?

I can't even tell that it's him, but I'm not sure if it's just cartoon-voice-autism or if he's actually doing a voice that doesn't sound like a shitty version of his own voice.

Tangentially related to this thread: I'm currently learning French on my own. Would it be a good idea to read the Asterix comics in French to immerse myself? Or is the word-usage and puns just too much for a beginner to grasp? I've been wondering the same about most of the classic French-Belgian comics that aren't aimed directly at adults.

Couldn't they have just beaten people up until somebody gave them a straight answer? You'd think Obelix would be the first to resort to violence.

dude, the owner of that building was fucking nuts!

also i love the satire.

Those British voices sound weird for Asterix film.

What about France?

this was the first asterix thing i've ever watched

holy shit is there more?

you europeans do some things right

Of course there's more. I might storytime some later if I can find any links with English translations.

The Asterix movies have traditionally had dubs made in the UK for their English-language release (with the exception of one version of The Big Fight and the Canadian version of this).

How so? Romans are boring; Asterix was always meant to fight aliens.

This bitch is not "adorable." You mangina fuckwits. She was a literal "Dad you oppress womyn!" type character. God I can't stand you simps worshipping pussy. If Hillary Clinton said upon victory that boys must start being castrated by women you would be all for it because you Yes-Men are repulsive. Fuck you.

Asterix in Corsica is probably the best one.

Wat

didn't really follow Astérix after Magic Carpet, did this shit really happen? Were there ayy lmaos in Astérix?

So is this the new copypasta

Worse, there's two alien races representing cape comics and manga. It's essentially Sup Forums vs Sup Forums as told by a grumpy old French guy.

>All this hate for Dick and Dom

If you just don't like fun, at least be honest about it

>If you just don't like fun, at least be honest about it
>Dick and Dom
>fun
You just know in 10 years time they're going to be Yewtree'd over what they did to kids "in da bungalow".

Asterix and the actress was still pretty good IMO

What you are trying to say is: "your waifu is shit"

that cast is a who's who of a trainwreck.
Really, Dick and fuking Dom? The guys who shout bogeys in the national gallery? Seriously?

You can certainly give it a try, though personally I wouldn't start with Astérix as it's pretty heavy on the word play and just general language shenanigans. In fact, I'd try and stay away from any Goscinnny comics until you're comfortable enough to deal with a lot of (sometimes rather obscure) puns.

otherwise, yeah there's tons of classic french comics that I'm sure you could read. Les Schtroumpfs shouldn't be too hard, especially since have the dialog is just schtroumpf this and schtroumpf that anyways. Classic Spirou might help you too... though I haven't read that since I was a wee lad so maybe it was more complex than I thought.

Whatever you do though, don't read anything by Greg. Achille Talon really did my head in as a kid.

Off topic, but I'm an English/French bilingual speaker and I'm learning Spanish. Can anyone recommend some easy spanish comics to read? I'd prefer good comics that are difficult to shit comics that are easy, but mi espanol es de la mierda, so yeah...

THIS DOESN'T EXIST OK

You'd love Frank Zappa's song Bobby brown goes down.

Although I agree, some of uderzo's earlier ones were decent. Astérix and the black gold, though not a contender for best Astérix or anything, still particularly stands out in my mind as a good one.

>That page of them wandering the desert and being attacked by the different tribes
Comedy gold.

Though Asteriz and Obelix are chock full of second layer jokes, both in language and reference, they are still fun reads for anyone. You just don't even realize the jokes are there, while the main story is still solid.

Oh certainly. I just figured user might enjoy reading them later along his language learning journey, at a time when he'd appreciate them even more. Also, there's the fact that learning a new language isn't quite the same as having a child's proficiency in a language. There's a lot of colloquialisms, idioms cultural baggage and even onomatopoeia that a child may know, but that may just come off as bizarre to someone from a different linguistic background who hasn't yet familiarized themselves with them.

The one he comes to America is disgustingly racist.

Problème?

DELETE THIS

>And I'll add Astérix the Legionary
Seconding.

I'd like to believe that but I own a copy.

>Can anyone recommend some easy spanish comics to read?
Clara de Noche

>Harry Enfield

Even the boars have a good design.

Looks alright though I feel like the animation doesn't do the action of the comic proper justice.