She's a flop boys

She's a flop boys

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

You have no idea what a flop is, do you?

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! Here comes the SpiderFlop

Will it even break 800m at this rate?

no bully plz

All signs point to NO

That's pretty damn rough for an RDJ + Spidey movie.

>Stars the two biggest heroes in the MCU
>Predicted to gross lower than the universally panned BvS

What the fuck went wrong, are audiences finally sick of the same quips and zero stakes mediocrity?

NO THIS BARELY PAYS FOR RDJ, MY SECOND YACHT AND HOLLYWOOD ACCOUNTING. THIS IS COMING OUT OF ALL YOU MOUSKEK SHILLS PAYCHECK NOW YOU ONLY GET 0.001 CENTS PER SHILL POST DEFENDING DISNEY GOT THAT.

Yes. Also, nobody wanted to see a high school disney sitcom. I'd imagine this shit turned a lot of people off Spider-Man for good

> are audiences finally sick of the same quips and zero stakes mediocrity?

No. Spiderman was just shit, it will be buisness as usual with thor and IW will knock that faggot cameron for top box office performance.

BvS had the entire established media + social media against itself and still outperformed the universally ass-kissed Marvel equivalent. That's impressive.

They got too greedy

Look at this.

This is the face of a man who trusted Amy Pascal.

Look at him and laugh.

Every Thor flick has been a BO dud.

Vice versa.

He played Pascal hard. He managed to rent Spidey just in time to fuck with BvS and now he sabotaged Homecoming so Sony will sell the IP to Disney for almost nothing in return.

There's a lot of hype (more than JL) for thor though...

Thor isn't a very popular character. its not even going to do Guardians numbers despite decent trailers

Trailer views is nothing more than marketing power display.

Homecoming trailers destroyed WW's but now look at the box office results.

Bvs also showcased two of the most iconic superheroes and failed to hit 1 billion, thats kinda bad desu

>when you spend hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing but you can't beat word of mouth

C-China will save us. You'll s-see!

>opens with 200 more theaters than WW and 15M ahead
>"RDJ is in it! Easy 1 billion!"
>day 17: 25M behind WW
JUST

>budget: 175
>domestic: 251

why do you post on a movies board if you don't know what a flop is

Too many reboots, oversatuation, and the movie is not good enough to overcome this. It's the Superman problem all over again.

>domestic
???

This. I watch most cape movies but skipped this one due to dull it looked. Cape movies depend on good villains whereas this movie seemed to focus on the hero.

And I liked BvS.

>There is more hype for Thor 3 than Justice League

Delusional, Reddit upvotes and Youtube views means very little when they are artificially boosted by the studio to try and feign hype.

Vast majority of the population care very little for Thor and this will be reflected by a decent at best box office run

Thor has seen a steady and healthy box office growth though; from 450 million to 650+ million couple that with the hype and hulk addition and its EASILY going to hit 800 mil

Spiderman is a damaged product unlike thor or any of the other marvel mainstays

With the entire media elite out to sabotage it.

Meanwhile Marvel's own BvS can't come close to it despite every nu-male blogger counted on RT begging you to go see it. It goes to show what fragile ground Marvel stands on while DC can stay competitive and profitable despite every media shill against it.

The budget total is usually double the production budget when you factor in advertising.

>Almost at $600 million after three weeks without China
>This is somehow bad

Strange had 45+M views. Deadpool 10M or so.
Guess who performed better.

>production budget - $175m
>Marketing budget - $175m
>company only receive roughly third of box office
why do you post on a movies board if you don't know what a flop is?

Retards on this site salivating over one set of filthy rich kikes getting more disgustingly rich than another set of kikes competing over their brainless, assembly-line power fantasy films.

I hate all of you.

>And I liked BvS.

Trash taste. Opinion discarded

>Delusional, Reddit upvotes and Youtube views means very little when they are artificially boosted by the studio to try and feign hype.
Reddit was just recently ousted as a Marvel shill network. Mods there apparently refused to display the JL trailer on front page while Marvel was covering half of it. It's a major scandal unfolding as we speak.

>Cape movies depend on good villains whereas this movie seemed to focus on the hero.
Homecoming has the best Marvel villain though

Thats not saying much user

guess thats what happens when only blacks and liberals show up.

>Marketing budget: $175 million
>Company only recieve roughly third of box office

Why are you just making shit up as you go?

Notmies don't give a shit about reviews DC marketer, they comprise 99% of box office numbers and don't give a fuck if a capeshit flick gets a 6 or a 9 as long as it isn't putrid

showing youre a newfag aren't you lmao

Normies*

If that's true it's amazing.

I remember reading a while back that Feige has a general distaste for SJW/progressive bullshit so it seemed odd to me that Homecoming was filled with so much right-on content. I guess he could have let Pascal off her leash to include that content knowing it'd kill some of the film's appeal, it's interesting how it was all so isolated from the Parker/Stark/Vulture dynamic.

That's barely breaking even on domestic without even figuring in its CONFIRMED $140M marketing budget.

The other spiderman's corpse is still fresh.

Their mistake was rushing this, they should've kept the bb spider as a side character (like the Hulk), work on the Black Panther and Captain America movie, and then work on SM. It's too soon imo

>Notmies don't give a shit about reviews
Is that why you're so intent on pushing your RT scores in every thread ever? In the age of instant information and quantified film criticism, reviews do matter. Luckily for Marvel, the liberal media elite treats them like special little snowflakes instead of reviewing them like they review other blockbusters.

lol

>Marvels own BvS
Are you for real? You're fucking comparing a movie where the entire marketing focus was Batman fighting Superman to a Spiderman movie with Tony Stark in it.
Marvel's 'BvS' was Civl War

kek

>unironically being a capeshit drone

Yeah, it's "amazing" that this greedy fuck intentionally produced a shit Spider-Man movie just so his Disney masters could have a shot at getting the rights back. A true "artist."

Why do you assume I like Marvel movies? I hope all of you stupid niggers get nuked from orbit

I was simply pointing out the intelligence of the average capeshit fan

Go and cry somewhere else faggot. DCEU is an abortion that only retards can enjoy, homecoming was bad but compared to bvs its a kurosawa masterpiece

Nah Civil War was Avengers 3 in all but name.

Homecoming has the two biggest superheroes after Batman. Superman is a distant third. And yet they still ended up failing to beat BvS.

>Hulk movies
>duds

>Thor movies
>duds

Some how Thor/Hulk will do gangbusters ? Copying GotG isn't a guaranteed hit either seeing as even gotG2 didn't get a billion (like it was suppose to)

I liked it because I went in expecting nothing and it was campy, kinda like Iron Man 2

I dont think iron man has taken supes cultural prowess. Even people who dont like superman will admit he's more culturally relevant

Still a better movie than anything DC has come out with.

It's happening lads, it's finally happening.

Capeshit has peaked.

>250 million domestic after 3 weeks
>flop

are DCucks really this desperate?

>First Thor
$449.3 million
>Dark World
$644.6 million
That's a 43% increase in box office with no major characters added
If you use those numbers that's $850+ million for Ragnarok, not including the additions of Hulk, Strange, a competent director and the GOTG theme.

Santa is more known than Iron Man. Doesn't make him bigger at the box office.

Iron Man 3 did like 1.2 billion which is the highest number any solo capeshit has ever reached. Adjusted for inflation, SM3 is in that territory too.

>IW will knock that faggot cameron for top box office performance.
TFA didn't even beat Titanic. The only movie on the horizon capable of giving Avatar a run for its money is Avatar 2.

Iron man 3 had a lot of good will going into it due to the avengers that preceded it, it was a fluke if anything

IW has had a decade of build up + hype. It will most likely hit those numbers

Eh, I think Ragnarok will actually do well because the trailer looks great. Normally 3rd movies in a franchise aren't big earners.

First movie has to earn it, second movie gets the gift of hype from first movie, and the third suffers from the disappointment of the second.

Thor 2 ain't great. But Thor 3 looks amazing, so in this case you may be right.

IW has nowhere NEAR the amount of hype TFA had. IW isn't going to break $2B.

Thor is the most boring hero

BvS had 300 in 3 weeks and it didn't stop Marvel fans from calling it a flop.
Stupidity comes in both flavors, nobody wins in company wars.

This. The fucking state of the MCU, and money's the very last thing I give a shit about.

>Normally 3rd movies in a franchise aren't big earners.
Iron Man 3 made over a billion, so did TDKR.

BvS didn't flop, it made a shit load of money obviously, BUT with it being such big name heroes people were expecting it to break 1bn.

it was going to beat avengers according to some. until the revew embargo and bad word of mouth.

>DCucks trying to push this Homecoming flop narrative
>Setting arbitrary $1B standards because Iron Man is in it for a minute
>Wonder Woman, the most famous female superhero, won't even outgross Guardians, a literal who comic, worldwide
This is seriously making me cringe

I think Taika's trying to remedy that with the more fun theme, and Hemsworth has been getting better with each movie

Thor is a joy, sydm

>Normally 3rd movies in a franchise aren't big earners.
Spider-Man 3 made more money than Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises made more money than Batman Begins and The Dark Knight
Iron Man 3 made more money than Iron Man and Iron Man 2
X-Men: The Last Stand made more money than X-Men and X2
Logan made more money than X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine

Well, yeah, it obviously underperformed, and Spider-Man is doing so as well. I mean, we're talking about Spider-Man's big MCU debut, with the help of Iron Man and coming off CW which was a hit. It also got great reviews and yet it's gonna end up way behind WW in the domestic box office, and we'll have to see if it's big in China and Japan to pass it worldwide.
We're talking about Spider-Man & Iron Man together, which is one of the 3 most popular superheroes ever with the most popular one in the movies right now.

>Marvel fans were the ones pushing the 1 billion thing for Spider-Man
>Female superheroes were supposed to be box office poison
>GOTG2 is a sequel to a universally liked film
Some self awareness would be nice, 'cause you're making us cringe as well.

>Comparing Spiderman 2, The Dark Knight, and X2 to Thor The Dark World

It was MCU fanboys who kept saying that Spidey + RDJ = easy billion.

It isn't a full blown disaster but Marvel obviously expected it to make Iron Man 3 level money and instead it's gonna make The Amazing Spider-Man level money. Marvel fatigue could also be an issue although GOTG2 didn't underperform so I would say the most likely explanation is people are sick and tired of Spider-Man. It'll take longer than expected for people to get over the awfulness of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

is this real or a troll?

homecoming has also had some decent competition the last two weekends, with apes and dunkirk, not sure GOTG2 had any really outside of kids movies, same goes for WW I think?

WW had pirates of the Caribbean and mummy to contend with

Good point, I forgot that GOTG2 kicked off the Summer season with very little competition and Wonder Woman's only competition was garbage like The Mummy and the new Pirates of the Caribbean. Although even with all of that taken into account I think it's safe to say people have gotten a bit sick and tired of Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3 was a letdown, The Amazing Spider-Man was a pointless rehash of Raimi's Spider-Man, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was an incredibly awful clusterfuck.

that doesnt change the fact it didn't compete

3 ORIGIN MOVIES IN 15 YEARS SONY STOP BEING RETARDED NOT EVEN MOVIES ABOUT JESUS AVOID FATIGUE

I'd honestly forgotten pirates came out.

assuming it did really poorly?

Must be nice being a permavirgin who cucks themselves into being loyal for companies that don't even pay them or give a shit about them. Especially when the most exciting part of their lives is this capeshit console war feud that no one takes seriously but the same manchildren who want to prove they're right on a Malaysian moth pluming hut as some kind of substitute for having accomplished nothing in real life, nor having any worthwhile skills. I kind of pity you fags, and the sooner capeshit is dead, the better.

A lot of idiots in one thread. The movie is a top 10 hit and profitable. Lot of negativity that doesn't add up.

>MGMT Time to Pretend playing over the trailer
That's where my interest fell off a cliff

>Budget 175M
>251m in 3 weeks
>262 after a month if Halfing trend stays
>Not even including foreign
>Flop

???????

>That's a 43% increase in box office with no major characters added

Loki. Thor 1 was a sleeper hit so Loki went under the radar. Then women discovered him with Avengers and wouldn't you know it, Thor 2 is a much bigger success than the first film. A Loki standalone would outperform Thor 3. Hiddleston just makes too many people moist.

>doesn't know about marketing costs
Newfag cuck!

As a capeshit aficionado, I determine beyond a shadow of a doubt the reason why it flopped.

It was literally the exact opposite reason that BVS flopped.

It didn't take itself seriously enough

>lets replace all the characters with shitskins and make Peter a retarded twink

imagine my shock that this didn't work out.

you're not including the standard double the budget meme, which is triple for capeshit, and at least six times for mcu.

disney are literally going out of business they've lost so much on this movie, honest, it's over, call it mercy and so on