Byzantine Empire

>Gets independence from Rome
>Literally lose land in pretty much every war (except some very few early exceptions but they don't gain much land in those wars)
>Greekfags and stormfags thinks it something too be proud of

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_art
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna
smoloko.com/?p=12782
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bizantium did not get independence, it was Rome, the eastern part of it.
And you should be proud of it too, everything related to the Islamic golden ages is nothing more than stolen knoledge and wealth from Bizantium.
Is only a shame you muslims have so corrupted one of the greatest legacy of mankind.

>Bizantium did not get independence, it was Rome, the eastern part of it.
Same shit
>Is only a shame you muslims have so corrupted one of the greatest legacy of mankind
Lossing isn't an achievement

It was the surviving part of the Empire after Rome fell you moron. There was no Independence they were Roman. They only started being called Byzantines to stop people getting confused.

>Literally lose land in pretty much every war (except some very few early exceptions but they don't gain much land in those wars)

Literally retook most of the Empire (pic related).
Yes they eventually lost that land but what the fuck so has very empire you idiot.

>Greekfags and stormfags thinks it something too be proud of

It survived for over a thousand years in a particulary nasty part of the world. Constantly under attack from Arabs, Turks and Crusaders.
All that with few allies.

>Byzantium gets independence from Rome
>Literally lose land in pretty much every war
>Swedish education

>Independence
Are you stupid?

but it literally existed longer than Ottoman Empire, and was an advanced and powerful state for centuries
I don't follow your logic
up until 13th century they were pretty much up to task, and even then it took a backstab and internal problems to take them out

>independence from rome

>art, culture, language and literature are not achievements

END YOURSELF

You win the wars, fair, but what I mean is that you don't improved over the legacy of Bizantium, you sucked the existing resources and let the infrastructures go rotten without improvements.
Think of Egypt, the richest country in the mediterranean for thousands of years. After some century of muslim rule is now a shitty place like every other muslim country.
And your Turkey? Home of the famous kind Mida and of some of the greatest greek philosopher of antiquity, is now a -meh- country, nothing to be proud of.
Islam is cancer, and we have history to prove it.

>gets independence from rome
>Somali education

shup up dunegroid, the eastern roman empire lasted a long time plus Justinian almost reconquered the entire roman empire

>>art, culture, language and literature are not achievements
Name one

Swedish """education"""

Ottomans are just one dynasty of the Turkish empires

Who where their allies? Genuine question

>Let's split the empire in half
>It's totally not like the eastern half gets independence from the western/roman one

Sven shitposting while his beloved Uthgerd is in the other room getting enriched

>Uthgerd
t. skyrim playing 12 year old

Oh wait I just realized its a fucking Turk

I didn't know cavemen could play games

How about the Hagia Sophia you fucking mongoloid?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_art

There were none. Barbarian and Arabs on all sides.

Venice or Genoa, with constant backstabbing.
Sometime Cyprus, Morea or Athens (ruled by Aragoneses), also with backstabbing.
The geopolitical situation of middle east was a mess not too different from what is now.

>They only started being called Byzantines to stop people getting confused.
Hundreds of years after the empire fell. Byzantine Empire is a term coined by historians. Even in 1453 they called themselves the Roman Empire. Or at least the Eastern Empire.

Looks shit compared too Islamic architecture

Did you realize that Islamic architecture is only Bizantine architecture with added minarets?

>he doesn't realize that the muslims LITERALLY transformed existing Byzantine architecture to suit their needs

You need to go, Muhammad

That would look good turned into a church...

I believe there were some Venetian troops at the fall of Constantinople.

They struggled to get any help from Europe in general because the pope didn't like the fact they were a different type of Christian.
Perhaps if they'd been given a bit more support in 1453 then maybe history would have turned out very differently.

it's not only the minarets.
We improved the byzantine architecture

I love it when weak irrelevant countries try to banter against us here and get smitten every time. Proud to be a fighter and not a bending over bitch of a male like europeans xd

>swede is actually an arab

pottery

>Ottoman Empire=Byzantine Empire=Rome

Stay sucking that austrian cock tho

Literally couldn't defend itself from italian city states

I have to say sorry for my..... oh we know they are shitskins.

Swedish Educational System barely mentions Byzantium/East Rome.
They basically goes:
>Christ -> Roman Empire Gains Christianity ->Muslims Comes and takes over lots -> Spain Discovers The New World

pic unrelated

>arabs and turks are the same
No we where their masters alberto

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

Fuck off Achmed

Thats a nice pic of an aryan proto-turk

>be greek
>speak greek
>centered on greece
>call yourself the "roman" empire

Försöker du äns?

>learn about the Byzantine Empire
>can't stop being angry about it collapsing
FUCK YOU VENICE

small osmangulu.

Ottoman Empire
Area 695,000 mi2
Spanish Empire
Area 7.49million mi2

Even during the early 20th century, Greeks still called themselves Romans. People living in Greece called themselves "Ρωμιοί", and their language "Γραίkιkα" (that is to say 'Greek', instead of Ελληνιkά/Hellenic).

Even today, some more distant groups who haven't been exposed to the reinstatement of ancient Greek history don't quite realize the semantic difference between the terms Ρωμιός and Έλληνας.

Yeah greeks have allways been cucks

Look at some Orthodox churchs in Russia, they are the same architecture of islamic mosques, the islamic one are prettier because they were built with more money and more precious materials, but the architecture is the same.
The russian churches have also less arches cause is freezing cold...

""""Islamic"""" architecture is literally just Byzantine architecture. Before they stole Byzantine architecture, Islamic architecture was mudhuts and tents.

anyone who is replying to this goatfucker (check his ID=Proud Turk) are morons who take bait too easy

to the goatfucker: first learn/read about the subject you gonna troll ppl about and secondly - Get the fuck out of my coutry Turk filth

>it's the current year and you're using xD AND spelling it wrong
It's almost as if Turkish "culture" goes backwards

>be Latin
>speak Latin
>centered around Milan
>call yourself the "Roman" Empire

>blown out by opium addicts in flip flops with 30 year old rpg's
>talks shit to the great ottoman empire
lmao
morocco doesnt count

Says the Muslim Greek who's ancestors cucked themselves into a moon cult religion to escape martyrdom :^)

Proxy or actual swede? You're chumming the waters pretty hard with this.

>not knowing xd is the new xD
have you been living under a rock?

Turks - when they aren't shitposting on /pol, they're buggering little boys and molesting sheep. Even the real Turks in Central Asia wouldn't take you faggots back.

Don't try to justify yourself to me, you are literally beneath me roach

those numbers are gong too chance soon

upper class in rome spoke greek, latin was the poor people's language.

It'll be a great day when King Gollum turns off roach Internet and the Turkish flag becomes rare

spain is a successor the kingdom of asturias not of the conquered provinces.

beneath you in patheticness levels, sure xd
>molesting sheep
you guys are too far for us to do that to you

REMEMBERING THE GLORIOUS BYZANTINE EMPIRE

smoloko.com/?p=12782

dumbest post I've ever seen in a while and this is Sup Forums
great job!

t. read the prince

Official languages of the Roman empire: Latin AND Greek
You need to know only one of this two languages to became a citizen
Both Rome and Bizantium were the roman empire, split only for convenience.

>get into GSG games
>learn about history
>can't not get angry over the collapse of the Byzantine Empire

DELET THIS

Lots of retards in this thread fucking wew

>The only way he can fight the west is with flip flops and rpgs

they could if they converted to christianity

>has advanced tech and tactics
>gets beaten because too stupid and anxious
kek

At least Justinian put those kikes in their place

>Some Swedish inbred hating on Christianity's bastion in the east, while praising Muslim and their achievements.

Did you have two mommies growing up ? :)

>Barbarians using guerilla warfare and any means to achieve victory gloat about "Beating the west" when they are struggling against the Syrian government and some Russian airstikes

Turnin' this thread into Turks BTFO Thread

at least it was mommies instead of weekly daddies in his case.

The eastern half was the more wealthy and powerful half though?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

>drunk russians with tanks and dune coons with camels are more effective than advanced american tech and well trained soldiers
KEK
SHART
IN
MART

The Byzantine Empire was a shell of its former self after the Fourth Crusade.

>He admits he is getting destroyed by dune coons with camels and drunk russians

KEK

It angers me so much that the pope couldn't stop being a bitch and just ask Christian nations to help support the Byzantines against the ottoman turks. How did Europe react to Constantinople falling to the Saracens anyway? Did they know it was going to fall and they thought why bother or did they think they could withstand that amount of forces?

More like this

at least it's not single shot rifles and chink women we got BTFO by tho

Pfft...ever since ending the devshirme (you know, when you had to kidnap Albanians and Bulgarians because your own people were too gay to be soldiers), the only victory the Turks have managed is not getting destroyed by the Greeks in 1922. And that victory only came about because of the brilliance of Ataturk, who would vomit on his shoes if he could see the retards that the Turks have become. Kill yourself, faggot.

You are the weak irrelevant country my friend

I will admit that the US military does not do well against guerilla warfare. But here is the thing, I do not care how you die only that you do. :^)

The Byzantine Empire was originally Roman, but it steadily became Greek and then the Western Crusaders and Turks came and fucked it up!

Also, it didn't loose land all the times, for example Justinian fought for the reconquest of the Italian Peninsula!

>got cucked out of his own nuclear bombs
lmao

Soon

Maybe because you and France were in constant war with each others and cannot help, same whit the germanic holy roman empire, constant internal struggle among it's own cities states, Spain and Portugal were already fighting against Morocco... and yes, the pope was also an asshole, but it was not only his own fault.

LMAO

You haven't "cucked" us out of anything

lmao kill yourself

the worst part is the Catholics saw it happening and they just want "fuck it, they aren't catholics"

If all of European Christendom united, they could have easily BTFO these Turks

Well it's a stain on European history. I wish we'd learn from our collective past. Never stop fighting Muslim scum.

>being this buttmad
maybe be more open eyed and careful next time and you might not get played, poor sucker

>be ottoman
>mehmed II
>try to get ships into Constantinople using brute force
>chain doesn't break
>Remember Russia greased their ship and brought them behind the chain via land
>finally manage to take down a weakened byzantine empire that never fully recovered from the Latin empire

Even your greatest achievement was stolen from men greater than yourself

The Venetians also decided to sack Constantinople instead of helping the Greeks retake Anatolia.

>you might have won but it doesn't matter cuz others helped / also benefitted hue hue
lel, enjoy your caliphate senpai

>nukes

Like you goatfuckers could ever learn how to use them.

I actually hate byzantium because they literally reversed the greek culture in nearly every aspect and transformed us into peace-loving loser faggots
They are also accountable for christianity and the halt in the progress of the human race.