It wasn't that bad

It wasn't that bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-The-Animated-Series
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course not, it was just the art that was unpleasant.

No one said it was. It's just not on the level of TAS.

The main flaw is that it's not even about Batman anymore.

It had the superior Scarecrow, I'll give 'em that.

I liked TNBA more than BtAS.

I prefer this artstyle. Too bad the episodes weren't as good.

On an unrelated note, where can one watch or torrent the Batman animated series? the torrents that are up on TPB are being leeched to death, and I don't know if it's worth getting amazon prime to watch it

Honestly except for Joker I liked these designs more.

Guys I love TAS and what it did for animation

But can we all agree that some episodes just did not age well at all?

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-The-Animated-Series

I love the New Batman Adventures art style

thanks

TMS did some episodes, it has that.

And the animation took a dip in quality.

Isn't there a episode where Barbara says she is pregnant of Bruce?

Here's the problem I have with TNBA--Batman himself is no longer as attachable as he was before. In BtAS, he was stoic, agressive, and stern, yet he still had humanity to him, and could even make a slight remark, albeit sardonically. In the transition to TNGA though, he was far more removed from me as the audience. He's too abrasive, lacks the charm he had before in favor of seeking new charmisma by being rude.

I'm not saying he's totally unlikable as a character, it's just that I'm not as willing to feel for him as much.

Then the continuity. What the fuck happened in between those series that made everyone's design change so radically? Was there ever an answer?

Im pretty sure that only happens in the beyond comics by beechen. They are considered bad for the most part. I have read hush beyond and thought it was ok but I have no interested in reading the rest of his beyond series

I wanted to fuck that Tim. And I still do.

I actually prefer the art style of the new batman adventures

It was good, just plenty of not muh going around because of its different tone, focus, and character designs.
>What the fuck happened in between those series that made everyone's design change so radically?
Bruce Timm grew older, developed his style further, and wanted it to fit with the character designs in Superman. The old, chunkier versions wouldn't have.

No, I'm not saying that (and I don't have a problem with the art itself), I want to know if there's an in universe explanation.

Like what the hell happened to scarecrow between series? Why was the Mad Hatter tinier all of a sudden?

And to be extra clear, I don't mind the TNBA, I just like it slightly less the BtAS is all.

I liked new Ivy

>I want to know if there's an in universe explanation.
No.
Slott had a fan-fiction idea that Scarecrow took a trip out of Gotham were he faced mob justice at the hands of a lynch mob alongside his fan fiction idea that green Ivy was a plant clone of the human Ivy who retired to Florida with Alec Holland.

My negro

I didn't mind the style changes on some things, personally really like the remade batgirl. But Holy shit they ruined both Catwomen costume and Selina Kyle.

I like how some of the redesigns actually felt like development. The Mad Hatter and the Scarecrow for example become much more freakish and scary as if the characters are slipping further from reality and more into supervillainy.

This. It made her red hair and eyes stand out all the more.

Not the TMS episodes, their episodes look just as excellent.

None of the episodes looked as bad as Batman TAS's worst. No Akom clunkers.

Or Blue Pencil/Jade clunkers either.

Blue Pencil was all right imo. A bit cartoonier with the facial expressions, but not bad.

See

>The main flaw is that it's not even about Batman anymore.
I don't think that's a flaw. I think the natural progression of any Bat mythos is to become more about the family. The same thing happened in the 90s with the comics.

About the only ones I ended up disliking were Croc and the Joker's redesign, although I'm not a fan of Riddler.

I'd need to rewatch the series to compare how Bruce acts in BTAS and Justice League.