Why is king of the hill on adult swim?

I understand that adult swim is adult animation but KTH seems so tame and like just a wholesome family show about life. Now I love me some KTH but it's no where near family guy or American dad on the volgur scale.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoF42UppkI4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it provides a family-friendly transition from CN to the raunchier Adult Swim material. That's why it airs at the start and end of the block.

You're asking the wrong question. Why is adult swim the Seth McFarlane show, tainting KoTH

This. They used to do this with The Big O, Futurama, and Home Movies too.

Also, adult-oriented =/= super vulgar

Just because its not raunchy or offensive, doesn't mean its not intended for adults. Kids don't have the attention span for KOTH.

They scooped up a lot of animated properties. King of the Hill is probably actually popular to a degree.
Adult Swim's only real style is whatever they can afford that also makes money. They'd show Baby Looney Tunes if it got the right ratings.

This, mainly. KoTH is perfect for boring children away from the TV (or at least into changing the channel) so that they're not around when the edgier content airs. I watched an episode with my nephew once, coincidentally the one where Bobby tries to "get" his parents' old comedy records, and he just could not get into at all. I imagine that was true of most Sup Forumsmrades when we were younger too - almost everyone I know admits they only got into KoTH when they hit their 20s at the earliest.

[adult swim] will henceforth forever be known as
THE FOX CARTOON RERUN BLOCK

Yup. It's a show people in their late 20s and up can enjoy, I'd be surprised if anything by Mike Judge appealed to people under 20.

>Beavis and Butthead
>Idiocracy

Also didn't he have a huge hand in Office Space?

Office Space is one of those things that you can't truly appreciate until you've been inside the drudgery of a cubicle farm.

Sure, I laughed at it when I was 15, but try rewatching it two years into a shitty desk-jockey gig.

true

Why is bobs burgers and the Cleveland show on adult swim

I loved it as a kid. Was I a boring child?

Just be glad it isn't Family Guy.

>KoTH is perfect for boring children away from the TV

Weird, since I loved KoTH as a kid.

Because they got syndication rights for cheap. It's filler.

Didn't they buy the syndication rights to Saved by the Bell?

Like 10 years ago, yeah

>Lazzo buys the syndication rights to Blossom because it's Dark.

Yeah right

What is more dark and edgy then a teenage girl growing into adulthood and discovering her blossoming womanhood?

KOTH is intended as a buffer to bore kids away from staying up to see Seth fuck and kill things in cartoon form. When they get enough episodes Bob's Burgers is next.

I find it funny how King of the Hill aired on both FOX Kids and Adult Swim.

I watched KotH as a kid and still obsess over it today. Probably because the Japan episode was one of the earliest episodes I remember watching.

>When they get enough episodes Bob's Burgers is next.
Next to what?

They'd be dumb not to air it.

>Girls making a sacrifice of blood every month in order to continue their existance as Brood Spawner.

To air on Adult Swim

>It's too tame to be an Adult Cartoon
>It's only a proper adult cartoon when it has blood, sex and cussing in it

I wish this shit logic would die already

It's been airing on there for years now. Where have you been?

Yup. That's how we end up with shit like Mr. Pickles.

Unfortunately that is what people think when they hear adult animation.

Plus the block was created on that sort of "only adults will probably find this entertaining" sort of TV. Space Ghost: coast to Coast started airing when I was maybe 3, and I couldn't understand why cartoon network would air something so boring. Then later I still found it boring, but it was at least running with shows of a similar caliber, so I could understand the clear distinction between those shows and the rest on CN's offerings.

Nowadays I find the show pretty alright.

those videos are terrifying

Link?

youtube.com/watch?v=CoF42UppkI4

it's awesome

I remember wanting to watch KotH because it was made by the same guy who made Beavis and Butthead, then being bored once I actually started watching it. Now as an adult, I find the show pretty funny. I don't know what it was, maybe the humor is just more subtle or something. You know, less about "hehe, wood" and "TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!", and more about just character interactions and stuff.

christ

WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME