Female villain exist

>Female villain exist
>Gets redeemed by/for waifufags
>Suddenly dindu nothing wrong

Why this keep happening?

Scrapper meme magic.

Because they don't want to see her die.

I usually read the "THEY DID NOTHING WRONG" posts with a laugh and a grain of salt.

Other than that, if they were serious then the argument itself would be the fun thing to look forward to.

Nerds will be nerds.

lol tumblr has the gender reversed version of this thread all the time. you guys are literally the same website

Well, with female villains, they start making her have a sad back story to execuse her of her actions and more sympatethic.

It's sexism.

If a woman does something wrong, it's because they just didn't know any better.

Sexy women are too precious a commodity to be thrown in the system or killed. If they were ugly they'd stay villains.

Yeah. But tumblr tries to redeem the male villains. Not the movies themselves.

That happens with villains of both sexes though. Look at Vageta (yeah, I know, not technically Sup Forums, but still). He killed probably millions of people in his life. Helped destroy entire worlds, maybe even destroyed them on his own. Killed his closest comrade for failing him, basically acted like a fucking monstrous bastard his entire existence. Would have made Hitler look like a little boy with a magnifying glass killing ants for god sakes.

Along comes Frieza, whom the writer wanted to seem even worse, but without putting the work into it. So Vageta gets his redemption scenes and speech, some of which literally coming down to

>Frieza made me do it!

And suddenly he's the number two good guy in the entire universe for the rest for the series and spin offs...

It's basically a lazy way to turn a fan favorite bad guy into a good guy (making it easier to get away with not killing them off) and make an even bigger bad guy pop out of fucking nowhere with minimal effort. Its just the way it is sometimes.

Pretty much.

Male villains redeeming themselves are so much more badass. I can feel the hot bloodedness from the screen when they start being the good guy.

Vegeta didn't become a hero until the buu saga, he never said Frieza made him genocide all those planets he was just pissed because Frieza destroyed HIS planet, and he helped cell reach his final form during the cell arc. He doesn't become a hero until he sacrifices his life for his son during buu.

And even during the buu arc Piccolo still tells him he's going to hell.

>Piccolo still tells him he's going to hell

Classic.

Most female villains are terribly written in the first place

I will never understand Sup Forums's fetish for redemption.

This cliche is as old as time, not even a waifufag thing. People just don't like the idea of a woman you can't redeem and stick your dick in.

Nah it's just Sup Forums's fetish for males.

Sup Forums is gay as fuck.

Piccolo is just reassuring himself that he wont be alone in hell

Man, the only thing worse than being a Vegeta fan is being a Piccolo fan. If Vegeta exists to show how tough the new villain is? where the fuck does that leave poor Piccolo?

They identify with the awful cunt that hurts people and want to believe they can avoid responsability if they pinky swear they changed/want to change.

It's because Sup Forums knows they are the villains of real life

Nothing gay about a heel-face turn. Okay, maybe a little gay.

It's just that male villains tend to be actually, you know, threatening. Overwhelmingly superior to the main characters too, at times. If they were villains for an ideal and that ideal makes them assist the good guys, it just wins respect from the viewer for how unwavering they are.

"Women are wonderful" effect

I want weeabos and fags out of this thread.

Isn't Piccolo quite literally 2/3 good guy at that point?

Yeah, but he also became King of Hell, didn't he?

>weeabos

Only in the non-canon timeline.

It was kinda egregious with this character. She kinda made a game of killing people before she turned good, then after apparently she didn't like killing, she just wanted to belong or some shit.

Is that series any good?

Because people are so insecure that they can't admit they like someone who is evil, so they try to come up with excuses for their behavior.

It's great. It's my favorite version of the Turtles, and my personal favorite ongoing comic in my pull list right now.

>tfw the evil waifu turns good and makes a sincere effort to reform but people don't immediately trust her because of all the shit she pulled.

Cool.

Redemption through tits. It's a shit trope that's been around forever. One of the reasons I'm such a fan of Dredd is because they completely avoided doing this.

>TFW for all the heroic shit in Samurai Jack there are no heel to face turns in the show I can think of.
I think that kind of rare for a series. You only had the oppressed little guys and some neutral and the bad/bad guys for hire. I don't think any of them did a voluntarily bad to good switch unless it was Aku tricking them or something.

Could you state a Sup Forums related title that has this trope? I don't think I've seen it lately in western stuff.

A lot of villains from a logical standpoint did in fact, do nothing wrong.

Pontiff Sullyvahn or Speedwagon.

I think it would help if you posted a few that did really horrible shit, but were still forgiven. Bonus points if a male villain in that show did terrible things, but wasn't forgiven.

>Female villain exist
>fuck redemption
>not sorry for what she did

Azula is the last greatest female villain in years.

>kill male mooks without care
>suddenly a woman baddie shows up
>doesn't kill her and doesn't even injure her badly
Why does almost every story do this? Like, don't get me started on Marvel, where Captain America literally dumps a vat of acid on (m) HYDRA soldiers, but when vs. a female agent? "I have to use non-lethal force!"

Like it's going to sound weird, but i really enjoy stories that treat women the same as men. In Warcraft, there were female warriors for both the humans and the Orcs, but they were slain just the same as the men, without any extra focus on them because their deaths. During the final battle, female Alliance soldiers were getting slammed by hammers and the female Orc warriors were getting stabbed without pause, and best of all it was just in the background -- the scene didn't zoom in on them and play tragic music. They just died the same as anyone else.

Sup Forums's gay as fuck.

>Warcraft
>TFW if it was mmo most of those females would have been played by sweaty fat greasy neckbeards that really don't deserve mercy.
Tell me I'm wrong, Sup Forums?

>write a genuine psychopath
>JUST KIDDING, SHE JUST HAS DADDY ISSUES

>genuine psychopath
Crazy as the world she lives in.
>JUST KIDDING, SHE JUST HAS DADDY ISSUES
You're thinking of Zuko and his mom. She care about Ozai anymore.

There has to be a new rule or something where people have to provide evidence for threads like these of it actually happening instead of just greentexting what they want

>Doesn't care

Despite Scrappers insistence Azula is still definitely a psychopath.

This reminds me of Karai and how they made her legitimately villainous despite her code of ethics when Krang was around. Ever since the later part of the series, though, it feels like they're going to do the same bullshit with her like they did with Alopex.

Possibly, but I could see the turtles defecting from the foot clan, with Splinter still leading her and being sort of an antagonistic force.

>It's just that male villains tend to be actually, you know, threatening
Thank you!
Never understood why anyone would want female villains at all. They all suck.

That's why I like Junko.
She's just an unrepentant monster through and through and entertaining enough to make up for it.

Seeing her in the latest episode was great.

Best girl

She's a psychopath with daddy issues
Truly nothing more dangerous has ever existed

I'm actually a lot more interested in that chick she's trying to kill.

What the fuck? Did she run out of fucks?

Danganronpa is easier to digest when you accept that nearly everyone is either an idiot, batshit insane or both.
Bitch just loves her sister so much she doesn't care.

So she basically sees Junko try to kill her and go, "Aw, how cute! You're trying SO hard."

>Danganronpa is easier to digest when you accept that nearly everyone is either an idiot, batshit insane or both.
Except the 'normal' main characters.

IDW TMNT is going fucking ham with this.
Alopex and that blond assassin were clearly psychotic, remorseless killers but by the magic of looking cute enough and doing some small act of questionable good: abra cadaver. POOF. All the bodies in the morgue just disappear along with the sin of taking life. They're born again saints.
Even Karai seems to be on her way to heroism thanks to Splinter's blessings for someone who has schemed to be a ninja crimelord since they were a little girl to just go off to Japan and left to her devices. No jail time or nothing, just
>have fun on your trip. You're Nippon's problem now.

Meanwhile: off with Shredder's head, who is supposedly fated to come back only to kill himself. Hun only shows up to get kicked into the mud and Hob has been given some redemption however even there Mikey shows up to help Slash throw dirt on him.

It's a great series beyond these nitpicks, but honestly the way the turtles pick and choose who they'll stand up for and who they'll look down on is disgusting. They're chummy with Slash now but wouldn't let Leatherhead carry on after he got his justly deserved revenge. He's hundreds of years old and in all that time hasn't hurt anyone but those who've conquered worlds through wrongdoing, and they're judging him like he's evil incarnate.

Kitsune I very much doubt will be redeemed, and I still think Karai will be antagonistic, but I also think Splinter will ultimately be an antagonist too, albeit one reluctant to fight his sons.

I agree it's egregious with Alopex. The blond assassin was barely an antagonist before her turn to good though.

Azulafag are the worst kind of fags since if you tell them "your character is a bitch" they'll just say "Yes."

>The blond assassin was barely an antagonist before her turn to good though.
Even if we're not shown much of anything the position we're told she holds by Splinter should tell us everything. She was the highest level of Foot assassin. You don't get there with someone like Saki by helping old ladies across the street.

>Kitsune I very much doubt will be redeemed
Really? Hold on, I'm getting a vision...her out will be that she was an amoral immortal spirit of mischief until she found The Right Man and now she's only evil for her mortal love.

Whether or not she gets Shredder'd for all the evil she wrought on Japan and America, Aka will likely pity her because all she wanted was some dick. Leaving Rat king and Chi-You as the only immortals with egg on their face, likely with a message from Aka that it's because they don't understand and respect the power of love, which magically absolves you of any and all wrongdoing.

>Really? Hold on, I'm getting a vision...her out will be that she was an amoral immortal spirit of mischief until she found The Right Man and now she's only evil for her mortal love.
>Whether or not she gets Shredder'd for all the evil she wrought on Japan and America, Aka will likely pity her because all she wanted was some dick. Leaving Rat king and Chi-You as the only immortals with egg on their face, likely with a message from Aka that it's because they don't understand and respect the power of love, which magically absolves you of any and all wrongdoing.
I really hope they don't do this.

FUCKING THIS

FUCK OFF WITH WOMEN

WOMEN ARE A MEME

Bump

>"Jack the Giant Slayer" didn't have any women in the movie, besides the main love interest, because the director didn't want to see women dying.
>In "Wrath of the Titans," Ares kills several unnamed soldiers. He tosses the men around like nothing, but when he kills a female soldier, the scene zooms in and plays tragic music, treating her death as worse than the several men that were brutally slain by the god.
>In "Merlin," a villain is extorting food from townsfolk and punches a woman. A man steps in and is shot by him. The scene then zooms in on the woman's terrified face as everyone gathers around to comfort her, rather than focusing on the man who is literally dying on the ground.
>In the "Watchmen" film adaptation, all the deaths are male. Anytime a woman dies, it's off-screen and implied.
Defend any of these, Sup Forums.

Because women cannot be evil like men naturally are. Harley is lesser than Joker, Azula is lesser than Ozai etc.

>Female villains will never die horrible deaths the same as male villains do

why would you do this? It would be horrifying to watch.

Because art should make people uncomfortable, given the opportunity.

Why would it be, user?

Pic related did happen. Yes she's ugly and mean, but still a grill

>Used to play WoW
>See newest cinematic with Vol'Jin and Varian dying
>Sylvanas is now warchief
>The bitch who has been antagonising the Horde internally since Wrath Gate in WotLK
>Suddenly gives a shit about Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Goblins
>Tells Vol'Jin "In the end death claims us all."
>Meanwhile been cowering from death and using Val'Kyr to keep her in undeath since Cataclysm.

But I guess Sup Forums wants to ram it up her maggot filled cunt so she is a good guy now.

I can only think of a spinoff movie of a show we're not allowed to talk about for no good reason.

>they

They're sisters. We didn't get to see much of what Mukuro is like, but she loved Junko to pieces, and saying Junko is insane is kind of like saying the sun is hot. It's completely accurate while completely failing to convey the magnitude of what is being discussed.

They both love and are obsessed with despair. Feeling it, inflicting it on others, the works. With the dark-haired chick this resulted in a fairly masochistic relationship with her baby sister while the blonde chick is more or less the antichrist.

This is why I can't rank IDW above 2k3 or Mirage like so many other people have done. Despite perpetually moving numerous intertwining plot threads, IDW still sticks to the status quo with it's factions and antagonists. I blame IDW's adaption of the typical capeshit no-kill rule, it really stifles the believability of the protagonists' competency.

Also, you forgot to add Jennika, who was likely the one who killed Professor, Miller.

JINGS!

You all toss around the time phrase psychopath like you know what you are talking about. A psychopath is someone who is unfeeling and completely apathetic to the thought of hurting a person. Azula is not that person. We see her cry, show affection for her brother on multiple occasions and genuinely torments herself over choosing the wrong path. She is on her way to redemption and will be the hero we all want her to be.

men are genetically pre disposed to be violent, it's just biology

She has completely lost her mind at the end of the series, and if you're taking the comics as canon she's become a terrorist and still has basically no grip on reality anymore.

You could just not forgive them and still fuck them, you know.

>Made her fall in love with Quinlan Vos out of all the Jedi for her redemption arc
>He fucks up and she dies because of it
A lot of people were salty because of this

>>He fucks up and she dies because of it
Wait that's how ventress fucking dies?

Well, there was the T-X who got crushed like the original T-800, started melting like the T-1000 did and got a nuclear bomb shoved in her mouth, all in the span of several seconds.

Unfortunately that was in a shitty movie.

Yup. Worst thing was how Vos acted like a total autist and kept telling her to trust him.

She just had a breakdown and she is not a terrorist, she is trying to make her brother stronger.

Shut up Scrapper.

I don't get it.

>Boco telling someone to shut up.
>The tides have turned.

>mfw they do

He's fully good. This is Piccolo Jr. technically.

She's a bit too 2-dimensionally evil for my tastes. I don't have a problem with shallow villains when they're entertaining/cool enough, but Azula was neither of those things.

And the way they tried to make her sympathetic in book 3 was ass.

You mean the guy that literally has already been to heaven?

That's actually a pretty good example of redemption.