July 2016 Comic Book Sales Report (Top 10's)

previewsworld.com/Article/105542-Diamond-Announces-Top-Products-for-July-2016

>Their sales powered by Rebirth, DC Entertainment was July's top publisher with a 35.36% dollar share and a 40.96% unit share. Marvel Comics was the month's number two publisher with a 34.20% dollar share and a 35.69% unit share. At number three was Image Comics with a 8.15% dollar share and a 7.56% unit share. IDW Publishing was fourth with a 4.49% dollar share and a 3.00% unit share, followed by Dark Horse Comics with a 2.83% dollar share and 1.98% units share.

TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS:
> 1. JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 [*] (DC)
> 2. JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1 [*] (DC)
> 3. BATMAN #2 [*] (DC)
> 4. CIVIL WAR II #3 (MAR)
> 5. BATMAN #3 [*] (DC)
> 6. NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1 [*] (DC)
> 7. CIVIL WAR II #4 (MAR)
> 8. NEW SUPER MAN #1 [*] (DC)
> 9. NIGHTWING #1 [*] (DC)
> 10. HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1 [*] (DC)

>Please note that comics marked with an asterisk (*) have had their reported quantities reduced due to retailer returnability, and thus may rank lower on the charts than their actual sales would reflect.

>Among the premier publishers, Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard's The Walking Dead #156 was Image Comics' best-selling book in July at #32. Chris Ryall, Christos Gage, and David Messina's ROM #1 was IDW Publishing's top book at #75. Finally, Dark Horse Comics' top book, Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston's Black Hammer #1, ranked #117.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/08/12/dc-beat-marvels-marketshare-in-july-2016-41-with-a-third-fewer-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS & TRADE PAPERBACKS
> 1. MONSTRESS VOLUME 1 TP (MR) (IMA)
> 2. HARLEY QUINN'S GREATEST HITS TP (DC)
> 3. BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE SPECIAL EDITION HC (DC)
> 4. STAR WARS: OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN TP (MAR)
> 5. HUCK TP (IMA)
> 6. SOUTHERN BASTARDS VOLUME 3: HOMECOMING TP (MR) (IMA)
> 7. SAGA VOLUME 6 TP (MR) (IMA)
> 8. BONE CODA 25TH ANNIVERSARY TP (CAR)
> 9. WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN VOLUME 1: BERZERKER TP (MAR)
> 10. AGENTS OF SHIELD VOLUME 1: COULSON PROTOCOLS TP (MAR)

>>Their sales powered by Rebirth, DC Entertainment was July's top publisher with a 35.36% dollar share
Holy shit DCbros, we did it!

>The worst Rebirth book is the top vendor

NEW SUPER-MAN DIDN'T FLOP?! YES!

Good for them, they deserved it. Hopefully this means the DCfriends will be able to calm down a bit from their usual vitriolic victim complex now

Why did Nightwing sell so well?

He's a Bat-Character + Its a #1 issue

Also, the "Rebirth" brand is strong.

NO FRIGGIN WAY THIS TRULY IS A DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH

I mean Hitch's JL is painfully mediocre, but I'd take it any day over the craptastic, beaten to death concept of heroes vs heroes with tacked on Synergy that Marvel's parading around as their must see title.

The worst Rebirth book being the best selling is ironically hilarious though, but not unexpected considering the brand name and iconic value it holds.

When was the last time DC even had the majority market share for the month? That's very cool to see and hope it continues in that fashion as a more even split would be nice. I wouldn't expect Marvel to change anything to compete, especially with their relaunch coming up in couple months anyways, but hey a diverse market place is a more hospitable one for the consumer.

Dark Horse please continue to exist.

Good job DC

Wasn't Image's market share at near 15% at one point?

Even if was mediocre his previous book ran for more than 153 issues.

He hasn't been Nightwing in two years, people were waiting for it

no way, we still have shitty movies.

A lot of people really wanted Dick back as Nightwing + Dickbabs

Yes, but DC not selling like garbage has eaten up that market share.

As a DCfag I'm conflicted: on one hand these are good news, but on the other JL is trash, it doesn't deserve the top spots.

Anyone that even remotely cares about the movies has no right to post on Sup Forums and should fuck off to Sup Forums where they belong.

>#1s sell
I don't get it, how's that news?

Holy fuck Nightwing of all things out sold Civil War.

The real test is to see how DC performs, after the first issues stop flowing, against Marvel's fourth relaunch in as many years.

Anyone know when the full sales rankings come out?

yeah Image's was saying they overtake DC by 2020.

obviously Rebirth has brought back fans who wouldn't touch what Image is producing with a 30 foot stick, while they're numbers might be the same there's a new (old) audience out there that only DC is really pandering to.

Monday

Also:
>that AoS Vol. 1 sales

Will JLA ever a good run as pic related.

As a marvelfag, I'd prefer it to be on the top rather than Civil war.

What a great time to be a DCfag.

>8. NEW SUPER MAN #1
didn't expect that

>after the first issues stop flowing
Didio said that they've changed their release schedule so that instead of all the #1s coming out this fall, they'd be spread out so every month will have more #1s. That's why Super-sons, among a few others, got delayed

>Post YFW the Trio of Rebirth, Young Animal, and Hanna Barbera

It's THE company book so and it's riding off Johns hype. It's most likely gonna degrade to Venditti GL numbers as the issues go by and people realize it's "eh"

DC becoming top publisher is the news, the fact that it's the 2nd month and it seems like the other DC Rebirth titles haven't slid to ANAD Level Drops is the real news

Next week

No :( there's a chance Tom Scioli's Superpowers Mini could be good though

not
>THIS TRULY IS A DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1

He also said #2s have been outselling #1s which is insane

Shops ordering higher numbers for July books after every June launch got multiple prints is a good sign too

But 6/10 are #1s. It's still the same as it is every other month when its a bunch of #1s on top

see

Yeah, but the fact that DC's market share actually grew a huge margin instead of just being slightly better than last month isn't something that's normal. You expect massive drops going from the 1st month to the 2nd month, not this fucking rise.

>Marvel has more books
>More expensive prices
>Still lose to DC
this truly is a DC Universe Rebirth #1

Posting the BC Article for lulz
>bleedingcool.com/2016/08/12/dc-beat-marvels-marketshare-in-july-2016-41-with-a-third-fewer-comics/

>I understand last month that there were ructions in the hallways at DC Comics, over the news that in the first month of DC Rebirth, they came nowhere close to challenging Marvel Comics for dominance. But that was a month in which most of the titles had not undergone the Rebirth process. Indeed in August we are still seeing the books go through that relaunch. We may not be able to properly judge its success or failure for a few months

>However this is the figure that DC Comics was waiting for,

>Last month DC placed seven titles in the top ten saw their marketshare moving from May’s dollar share of 26.45% and sales share of 26.34% to June’s 29.93% and 31.69%. Well July has given them 35.36% of the dollar share and 40.96% of the number of comics sold.

>While Marvel Comics has dropped to 34.20% and 35.69%. It’s a rout. DC Comics also take the top three with Justice League and Batman, Civil War II knocked to fourth and seventh place respectively as DC Comics take 8 spots.

>Also note that Marvel had 87 comics out in July. And DC had 63, a third fewer.

>cont

well don't show up next month when the top 10 will look like

1) Harley Quinn #1
2) Suicide Squad #1
3) Harley Quinn #2
4) Suicide Squad Rebirth
5) Batman
6) Justice League
7) Batman
8) Justice League
9) Superwoman
10) Darth Vader

also no Civil War in August looks like DC can scratch out another month against Marvel, hopefully when Marvel Now Again flops Axel and company will finally be fired.

>Image Comics has also recovered slightly to a 8.15% dollar share and a 7.56% sale share, still down on their 10% usual figure.

>June 2016 also saw a massive reversal in the downwad slump that had been hitting comic book store sales this year, in one move changing a two figure digit drop for the year to a single figure, with just one month’s sales with a 31.77% rise in dollars spent and a 38.59% rise in comics sold. Sales are down on that for July, but that’s comparing a four week to a five week month – and they are not down a week’s worth.

>June was the best news for a comic book retailer all year. July continues that story.

>Diamond also reports that The Walking Dead #156 was Image Comics’ best-selling book in July at #32. ROM #1 was IDW Publishing’s top book at #75. And Dark Horse Comics’ Black Hammer #1, ranked #117.

I wonder how the Outhousers will spin this as a negative seeing.

>caring about BC or Outhouse at all

Huh, why is CWII: #3 higher than #4?

they called me a DC Shill and called me stupid for thinking DC Rebirth will actually be a success. Oh boy do I care.

>a Nightwing issue selling more than a CW2 issue

Good, fuck this event
I hope sales for it drop even more.

because the readers are dropping the book?

> No Titans or Flash on the list.

As a Flashfag I'm disappointed.

#1s will always overtake you unless you're Batman.

That's what I was hoping

#4 came out on a 5th Wednesday without any DCR books so fans probably skipped going to the shop

also Marvel did one of their patented reveal the plot twist days before the actual comic comes out .

>DC overtakes Marvel's share while publishing over 1/3rd less singles than them.
There we go.

Titans Rebirth sold like 75k so the #1 issue is somewhere around there
This top 10 list probably isn't below 90k

Civil war lost, YES

Don't forget Marvel has maybe 3 or 4 $2.99 books. The rest are 4 or even 5 dollars. It's insane that people buy shit that expensive.

>Mousketeers in the BC section already backtracking and saying that DC only made a tiny bit more money since it was just %1 more

>3 or 4
Try none unless you count those animated show tie-in comics.

>Mousketeers
Fuck off with this, stop trying to make this into company wars.

>June was the best news for a comic book retailer all year. July continues that story.
DC saving LCSes from bankruptcy.

>New Superman

YES YES YES YES YES

FINALLY A NEW CHARACTER I LIKE THAT DOESN'T GET SHITTY SALES NUMBERS

>VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT LLC 1.03%

#8 BABY IT'S HABBADUNG

D-does this mean my Flintstones Comic won't get cancelled?

August is going to be a massacre good lord

Didio, for all his faults, likes to give books chances even when they don't deserve it.

Only the good die young user.

It's not. In fact, Rebirth is faring worse as a re-launch than New 52 did.

Wait until the issue 2 sales before you celebrate, user
No use if he sells 90k and then drops to 25k within two issues

We're moving upwards, senpai!

Lol not even remotely true.

Go compare the numbers from Batman #1 New 52 and Batman #1 Rebirth. I can wait.

That wouldn't even remotely effect comic sales because these numbers are just pre-orders not actual sales.

It's not though
A lot of books are selling more this relaunch than the last

One title does not make a rebirth, senpai. Go compare the Market share. I can't wait.

New 52 launch wasn't staggered you absolute cockwit.

Arent the first few months returnable?

We won't have a proper gauge for rebirth sales until like December

>mfw we overtake Archie and we appear in the pie chart very soon

I'm so happy that New Super-Man is that high. First issue was good, but the second one was even better, it's shaping up to be a really enjoyable story.

>1 releases all their #1s in one go in one month effectively cannibalizing the books where only the strong will survive but ensuring a strong first few months
>1 releases the #1s spread out per month so readers can give multiple books a try so they can drop it just in time for the next #1
Rebirth didn't blow all its load in one month, no shit thew New 52 would have better market share.

Adam Hughes can't draw Betty and Veronica forever.

We already beat Dynamite.
Which is shame, I like a lot of their books.

2nd month of New 52, you Mongloid:

Market share

DC 50.97%
Marvel 30.29%

I will kill myself when we defeat Dark Horse, they used to be my publisherfu.

You do realize New 52 had 52 fucking #1s compared to DC Rebirth right?

We did it, DCbros! We finally beat the SJWs! Someone should storytime all the rebirth books to celebrate.

DC bring out about half the books that Marvel does, and nearly all of their books are at least a dollar cheaper (If not two or 3 in some cases) and they still managed to get a slightly larger market share and unit share. Very happy with this, good comics are selling as they should. Its also great that they didn't release everything in one go, there are still books yet to come out to be excited for, JSA, Super Sons, LoSH to name a few. what a time to be alive for a DC Fan

This is why the big wigs at Marvel are acting pissy over spoilers.

Niggas is shook.

Praise Morp!

Which if your favorite no top 5 publisher ?

I like avatar press and devils due

>put out good, cheap product
>do well

All is right in the world.

Praise peaches!

Don't frame it in these terms you retard. Rebirth is good specifically because it found a good balance towards catering to fans of all different wants and needs.

Praise kek!

wtf are they smoking they gave away Hulk's Death on a fucking Sunday, they don't have any right to get all pissy BC blew up their awful Previews book

But one day Dynamite began to hire sjws...

>he's Morpfag
Go away, Gerald is superior.
Yeah, probably. I'm not reading much of their current books.

that why you dont read Dynamite, most of their current books are trash

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST NEWS

I'm really happy for Yang. He deserved this after his Superman run got botched with crossover shit.

Boom publishes a surprising number of books that I like.

Zenescope, I appreciate their variant covers and their commitment to continuity,now if they could only find an interior artist who can draw.

OK. But the second month on New 52 was all #2s and DC had a 20% market share lead. With this staggered release, DC has a 1% lead. My guess is DC will have a 3 or 4% lead this month at the very most then maybe 1-2% and then things will start normalizing quickly.

>after his Superman run got botched with crossover shit
JRJR didn't help either

That has nothing to do with anything you dope. Marvel wasn't in the midst of a hugely marketed event when the New 52 launched.

The books are selling a magnitude more than comparable new 52 titles is the only important take away.

>I wonder how the Outhousers will spin this as a negative seeing.

By canceling Agent of SHIELD!!

Praise Gerald!

AoS hasn't given the NOW! 2.0 blessing, so expect a relaunch at some point in the future (please be a writer change).