Has Bane done anything cool or notable other than you know...breaking Batman's back since that's all they bring up

Has Bane done anything cool or notable other than you know...breaking Batman's back since that's all they bring up.

When he was hanging out with the Secret Six.

Bane/KGBeast: BFF was good
>South American Virgin: al ghul's adventures
Was fun and expanded the character
>Bane and Bruce: Are we brothers?
was really fun

He was also fine in no man's land

But SECRET SIX is still the best Bane ever.

Fuck off.

Being a big guy

Bane was created for one purpose. Once they had fulfilled that purpose, they really didn't have anything to do with him.

>>Bane/KGBeast: BFF was good
Does that come up after Vengeance of Bane II? I loved that, from the Beast being able to actually beat Bane, to Bane beating the shit out of him decidedly NOT for revenge, to Beast totally respecting Bane and willingly helping him escape.

He was good in Secret Six

Nice

I feel like Denny O'Neil was hoping he could spin-off into his own antihero book,.like Batman's own Venom (heh). But he never seemed to take off the same way... now I can't help but wondering if Venom's mega-popularity had to do with the Spidey cartoon pushing him hard and often, whereas Bane was only in one episode of the original BTAS and jobbed hard cuz Dini despises him.

FOR U

He crashed a plane with no survivors.

user you stole my answer

Nowadays he's wearing a makeshift mask in Arkham

I'm sure he's done some cool stuff, but I never really liked him. He was basically just made to kill off Batman (well, handicap in the story, actually) in the same way Doomsday did to Superman.

He's just a big Mary Sue villain in my eyes to be edgy. It's just like "Oh no, he's big and bruting and super duper strong...yet a genius!"

I think if you were to really make those two qualities work, Bane should be like he was in The Dark Knight Rises. He's intimidatingly huge, yet calculating and sly.

I know I'm gonna get shit on for this, but I honestly think the movie version of Bane is better than the comic version--and not because of the memes.

Does anyone else feel this?

He's a big guy

Well, for all the shit people give it now, I still like TDKR. Bane was a great villain because nobody knew he really existed (or maybe I completely missed something). Sure they sprinted through the plot to get his master plan working, but I always take comic book movies for what they are. Comics.
I guess I liked Bane because he was so ruthless and calculating.

From what I remember of the original run when he broke the Bat, he was just ultra roided out, and had somehow figured out wayne was batman. I didn't read enough to go into more detail, but it was more likely to spike sales than anything else. Like you said, he was probably just a batman level doomsday.

His Forever Evil mini was pretty good

He started the fire.

No, it wasn't.

Yes it was. Him taking over the mantle of the Bat was awesome.

The idea was solid, the actual writing was meandering garbage.

He beat the shit out of Killer Croc and broke his arms twice, all in the same story that he broke Batman's back in.

He also crashed a plane with no survivors one time

That time he thought he was Batmans half brother

That was great.

It's a shame that he ended up being King cobra's child