So this show is back on Sunday. Does anyone still care about it?

So this show is back on Sunday. Does anyone still care about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/684137989451034624/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I watched the mid-season finale last night and it was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. The writing in this show's always been really lazy, but having the past turtles go off with the Fugitoid because they wrote themselves into a corner was insultingly awful.

They're going back to the city and doing more urban stuff. It sounds interesting, but I'm just waiting for season five, which sounds more interesting than this.

That's the mysticism and possible Usagi crossover right?

You all get that this is a show for kids, right?

>Does anyone still care about it?

Not really and Nickelodeon knows it. The fact that they haven't announced a sixth season, the fact that the ratings has mellowed out to mediocrity and the release of three shorts clearly meant to deviate from the show might implicate they're cooking up another reboot.

Being for kids doesn't mean it has to suck.

The 2003 cartoon was for kids and it fucking ruled.

Yeah, Mark Hamill as a demodragon and all of the villains teaming up.

>implicate
Fuck this heacache, why didn't I write imply?

>Being for kids doesn't mean it has to suck.

No, but it DOES mean you shouldn't be surprised when the level of story telling aims to entertain children and not be scintillating for teenagers and young adults.

>The 2003 cartoon was for kids and it fucking ruled.

It was fine.

>the release of three shorts clearly meant to deviate from the show might implicate they're cooking up another reboot

That's actually a really good point.

I wouldn't be surprised if TMNT gets a major repackaging in the next few years with a movie reboot and new animated series to match.

I do, i'm really excited for it. but i don't have cable, so i'm snot sure how i'll watch it.

Sup Forums is full of manchildren who love to complain about how childish the kid shows they watch are.

Do I need to list some cartoons that were aimed at kids yet found a way to have strong/sophisticated writing? There's been quite a few.

There's no excuse for hackery or talking down to the audience.

i hope Shinigami is well written. I'm a little hype over her.

Yes, but it doesn't need to be poorly written. For the life of me i'll never know why they replaced the season 1 writers, they nailed it for those 26 episodes.

That said, I still enjoy the show, despite some of the bad stuff in it.

bump

What for?

Hope they bring in atlest one of the IDW OG Mutants...

No Sophie.

Oh boy. Just what TMNT needs. Obnoxious, in-your-face trans characters.

Only if it's this guy.

signed.

wrap up the fucking karaisnek plot already god damn, just make her part of the team

>wrap up the fucking karaisnek plot already god damn, just make her part of the team

Kelly Hu is too expensive/unavailable now that she's hit the big time. So they've pretty much written Karai out of the series. It's also why Stacy was mostly absent from the last stretch of Phineas & Ferb.

More likely then you think.

the fuck is she doing that her cost would go up?

Fuuuuuc. That's an important plotline!

Where do you think we are?

>the fuck is she doing that her cost would go up?

Arrow? I'm not sure what other "big time" things she's done that user could be talking about.

>Kelly Hu is too expensive/unavailable now that she's hit the big time.

They could always recast.

They recast Kraang Prime when Roseanne wouldn't come back.

Oh, and they recast Leo.

What episode is this from?

If they take away are snake powers I will be SO pissed!

I'll care when they fire Brandon Auman.

>If they take away are snake powers I will be SO pissed!

They just released a Human Karai action figure, so they probably will in order to maximize media/product synergy.

But if she keeps going back and forth they can sell BOTH toys!
AND other new one a mutation gimmick!

I adore this show and I'm glad it's finally coming back. But the Leo x April shipping is completely tired and obnoxious at this point, it's the biggest flaw of the show.

>Leo x April
wut?

I guess. At this point it's for completion's sake.

You mean April and Don?

Or Leo x Karai.
>incest~

i want this show to do better because i love the voice cast so much. seth green even grew on me.

Hope we get more turtles for babies cartoon.

this was such a fun movie tbqh

>I'll care when they fire Brandon Auman.

Brandon Auman and Ciro Nieli are both hacks, honestly. When the show isn't cribbing from past TMNT incarnations, it's cribbing from other facets of pop culture, particularly shit from the eighties. Obviously all TMNT incarnations draw from the past to a degree, but I honestly don't think this show has ANY ideas of its own. It's all empty references to better material.

twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/684137989451034624/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Looks like the turtles are heading to hell

So the theme of the season is magic?
Im done with that!

i'm down

Yeah call the makers of the show hacks all you want but the maker of the concept art is on fucking point!

there's not a lot of western cartoons aimed at adults here in the states so we take what we can get

for the third time I am surprised it's not dead

It has toys.
Unlike most CN and Disny shows.

>Obnoxious, in-your-face trans characters
What?

Its about the artist being trans so all her art most be trans to or some bullshit.

Waiting to see how they will deal with Dark Leo (he'll cuck Karai with the Foot witch for sure)

>her

hahahahahahahahaha

No.

See what I mean. Sad really.

edgy

>black and white turtle

Reminds me more of this guy honestly

Seriously, the entire space arc was fucking pointless. It did nothing but lower the quality of the show even worse than it usually is. At least the barn arc made sense and was directly because of the main story, this came out of nowhere and affects nothing.

Except she will be prominent in the final stretch of the season.

Atlest Raph got laid.
That made it all worth it for me.
Also Wurm as Q was neat.

Leo is forever alone isn't he...

The only ship I care about.

Yeah, its pretty funny!

me

YEAH!
Also Pepperoni.
In every episode.

I wanna get into it but I only watched a few random episodes of season 1 and season...2? 3? No clue. All I know is that April is a teen and she's an alien or something

Eh, Raph already got a new pet.
But as a mutant dino~

>Raph's pet mutates and becomes his love interest
>Again
IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

Kraang hybrid do to mad terrafroming experiments.
Its at the start of season 3.

I stopped watching years ago, never been too much into TMNT. Last episode I watched was the one where they get an annoying fan who mutates himself in hopes of getting powers and just turns into a monster. From this thread I gather it got worse with time?

it has its good moments after that point. but it gets really messy and all over the place. I'm hoping the new eps clean it up and put it back on track.

Who has had more love interests, Raph or Mikey?

Not just any monster!
Raph, bitches loves rebel scum.

To be fair, the show never felt like it had the proper sense of pacing to me. From the Turtles' first enemies being the Kraang, who just walk around flaunting their gross alien-ness in a surprisingly empty New York (at least the later seasons fixed that), and having the Turtles attack and escape from Shredder's base with surprising regularity, I could tell this was going to be more of a status quo-y than serialized-narrative-driven show. So it doesn't surprise me that so many people feel the main arcs have floundered, but really, I felt the same way about the 2k3 show in its 4th season. Every TMNT show has moments of brilliance, usually in its first season, and then starts losing momentum the longer it runs. Hell, even the original comic had a long-ass stretch of actual filler.

That said, I'm working my way through season 4's first half and man, I hate that Dregg is such a fucking goober. He's literally just Kraang Sub-Prime Mk. 2, and I LOVE Sub-Prime, but copy-pasting his gimmick onto someone who was probably the LEAST over-the-top villain in the original series is off-putting.

they completely wasted peter stormare, in my opinion.

Casey being there killed me

Raph got more bitches over him but Mikey got laid the most, even got a Space Princess preggers.

Leo also got laid in the Mirageverse.

Pretty sure Donnie is the only virgin.

>Donnie is the only virgin
shame

The princess' eggs weren't Mikey's.

Do i need to list the OVERWHELMING majority that don\t have it?

Like i said, don't be surprised when a kids show doesn't appeal to an older crowd.

is Alopex going to make an appearance

Didn't the voice actress for Stacy get sick though? Like she almost died?

I haven't watched this show since the end of the barn arc and wtf is this

Its from the orignal Mirage comics.

Stacy IS Kelly Hu, idiot

I'm more interested in the IDW comic but sure, I still care about it.

Is it consider incest? Does the turtles have Splinter's DNA or what?

>Is it consider incest? Does the turtles have Splinter's DNA or what?

If you fuck your step-sibling it's still incest.

Ready to Party?!

Shut the fuck up Boco

And this was a vision where Leo was a Kappa in Japan and he had a wife and a daughter named Yumi.

What a weeabo

dang

Best Shredder.

Dead