Why do so many people have such a huge problem with Batman's no-kill rule? "JUST kill the Joker...

Why do so many people have such a huge problem with Batman's no-kill rule? "JUST kill the Joker. If he only killed the Joker, then he wouldn't be as bad as the Joker. It's just one time, and think of all the lives he would save!"

Do the people that make that argument realize that Batman is unwell? Every night he goes out, he's walking a tightrope between law and chaos, and that he exercises an extraordinary amount of self control. All of that would break if he ever intentionally took a life. Even if it was someone who deserves it as much as the Joker.

CASUALS. Just like you

My problem isn't Batman not killing the Joker, it's the fact that they've had Joker go so over the top with his bullshit that I can't believe the residents of Gotham haven't killed him themselves.

Not killing people is gay.

because it's stupid that joker is allowed to kill hundreds of people, including people close to batman, and batman doesn't really give a shit because muh rules

I think it's just frustration at the static setting in DC comics. If the average reader starts to empathize with the Gotham citizenry in the comics, the first thing he wonders at is why people choose to live in Gotham.

By not killing the joker he can hypercrisis into facing Darkseid and save the universe.

You are not Batman, his morality doesnt need to be like yours. The ultimate man doesnt need to be like you.

You, the faggot of OP. and pretty mucheveryone on this board can't aspire to be as moral as the Übermensch. Batman doesnt obbey our rules or our patrons of conduct, he is inherently better.

>the first thing he wonders at is why people choose to live in Gotham.
Why people lives in mexico or venezuela?

This is tiresome, why do casuals always make the same dumb questions? if you guys don't care enought to read then why you care enought to bitch?

Dude, Joker's been pushing Batman to do just that for years in comic time. He knows what would happen if he ever crossed the line. His already tenuous grip on sanity would snap like a dry twig.

1. There is a growing subset in both of those countries that's deciding to live in better places, and
2. I took the OP as an open, honest question. Is that not the case, and you're here only to reee at casuals?

Bruce isnt crazy. At all.

If Batman killed one of his enemies then he would have to kill all of his enemies otherwise they would think he was playing favorites.

batman's a hypocrite.

batman would have killed joe chill because joe chill did something that personally affected batman, but someone else sniped him before batman could finish the job

but he won't kill the joker, because muh no kill rule. the one time he was going to kill the joker was when jason todd died, and the only reason he didn't is because superman stopped him.

doesn't care how many randoms die, he won't kill. but he has no problem killing people who kill his friends and family.

also i'm pretty sure batman fed someone to the crocodiles during knightfall.

Here's the thing:

The "no killing" rule for heroes in the Big2's main universes is one of those "it only makes sense because it's a comic book" kinds of things. The real reason is simple: they want the universe to be cohesive and make sense, so they don't want to have to revive a popular dead villain every single time they want to use him. Escape from prison is just easier to write and easier to handwave away any universal oddities (because people are manipulable and systems are faulty, which is why escape is even fathomable in the first place).

It'd be silly to think about it more seriously than that.

>why doesnt batman kill this guy with a score of 10,000 deaths?
>why doesnt he kill the guy with 9,978
>why doesnt he kill the guy with 6,743
>why doesnt he kill the guy with 4,934
etc.

Why doesnt Batman kill Obama?

Why not just have Superman fly all the supervillains to some prison planet?

Space is filled with people/rings who might recruit them into something even worse.

Isn't new 52 Batman's Joe Chill alive. Also, doesn't a lot of his Nu52 lore invalidate a lot of the hypocritical aspects of Batman's no kill policy?

>anons seriously get mad Batman doesn't kill the Joker
>but they won't get mad at the cops or the system that won't execute him especially when god knows how many of the police's loved ones Joker has killed
>Batman himself is so emotionally fragile, he doesn't even like to touch guns
You're all idiots.

And earth isn't?

Less so.

Okay then, just fling the prison planet into deep space. The super-villains can be the first people to reach the other side of the universe.

You can't even kill someone in cape comics. They always come back.

I just read Batman and Son and the very first thing Morrison does is having a ex cop dress up like the bat and shoot the Joker.

There's nothing better about letting hundreds to thousands of people die because your head is too far up your own ass.

And his kid is a Robin, which I seriously dig.

Ask yourself these two questions:

1. Why is it on Batman to kill the Joker?

And

2. What makes you think it's going to stick if Batman does it, any more than the other times Joker was killed?

But that is unfair, you read comics, this is about bitching about Batman. He is more popular than my favorite character so i get to have a retarded opinion

Pretty much this. Jokerfags are the problem not Batman choosing not to kill.

This. After Superman came back to life, the idea of perma-death reached the mainstream knowledge. No one really dies. Heck, in Universe X and the Cancerverse are litteraly based on the idea that the concept of death is gone.

You'd have to keep building new buildings to keep up with new villains. And people probably already live on the other side of the universe.

That's not what hypocrite means. Don't latch onto whatever word just sounds bad. Batman killing one person and deciding not to kill others or anymore is a self-imposed choice, much like his whole vigilante thing to begin with which depends entirely on whim in every facet of its method.

Hypocrisy would be Batman killing a bunch without remorse, but judging anyone else who has killed negatively possibly while also feigning innocence. Say like how some writers had Wolverine looking down at Scott for example.

HOWEVER do note being a hypocrite does not mean someone is automatically wrong. Frank Castle kills plenty of people and judging homicidal maniacs and opportunists might seem like hypocrisy in a very broad sense but the fact is once you become a killer you can't sidestep judgment for it, even if it comes from someone as bad or worse than you. Jim Jones was an asshole, if the devil called him an asshole it doesn't matter if the devil is the devil, someone's sins don't wash away in the face of worse evil, Jim Jones was and still is an asshole by his own right so the devil is right to call him so.