So Punisher is a guy who could easily sub in as a villain for many other heroes (and in fact from time to time does so)...

So Punisher is a guy who could easily sub in as a villain for many other heroes (and in fact from time to time does so) but he's still fairly easy to root for as a good---ish guy because everyone he kills is either trying to actively kill him or is a serial rapist/murderer/pedophile/all of the above.

My question is has Punisher ever fucked up? Has he ever accidentally killed someone innocent, or even someone who may have been a criminal but not necessarily deserved to die? How did/would he react? How would other heroes react?

Not trying to make some kind of bash the punisher thread here by the way, I'm just genuinely curious as someone who hasn't read a whole shitload of him.

Most likely.

>Criminals
>not deserving to die

Frank's killed a heck of a lot of people, so there's a pretty good chance at least one of them was an undercover cop or rookie mobster who still could've turned over a new leaf. I think he just kinda blocks out any thoughts that he might've done that, but it probably still bothers him.

Pretty sure he was under mind control there.

In the runaways Frank claims that he has killed kids before

There was a Daredevil Vs. Punisher story when he lost his shit (because The Jackal was involved) and accidentally shot a bystander.

He broke into the hospital to apologize and visit him even though he knew the police would be waiting for him.

The guy ended up surviving and Frank got away.
But he was genuinely sorrowful.

Whedon.

yup. drugged.

going into the life and living it arent the same

He killed Goldbug and Plunderer who were basically just thieves.

Dat edge

Awful bait, trying too hard.

>all criminals everywhere deserve to die
>mature

you just seem like someone who's anally devastated because he was mugged

You say that, and yet you still replied to him.

In Vietnam, he probably did

...and the thread has reached a new low

Back on topic

Ghosts of Innocents
Countdown
Girls in White Dresses
Daredevil vs. Punisher: Means and Ends
The Punisher War Journal #56

This Punisher doesn't seem very Frank like

Frank acts that way around Cap, he's a massive fanboy. Cap brings out some of the last traces of humanity left in him.

Maybe its just me, but that doesn't seem to fit more recent interpretations of Frank.

Frank isn't motivated in the same way Cap is, in fact their ideologies clash.

>"Oh geez, he's bleeding out. I didn't mean to , oh!"

Frank's REALLY cautious, to the point where he even plans ahead in order to make sure no innocents get hurt while he's Franking. In his eyes, accidentally killing an innocent would be the absolute worst thing that he could possibly do. That being said it actually kinda makes sense that he'd totally drop his spaghetti when something finally goes wrong.

It's Ultimate Punisher.

Bleeding hearts. Never been mugged myself, but muggers are the type of criminal for whom it'd be amusing if they got their heads blown off by their victims, or, really, by anyone. Don't dish it out if you can't take it in.