What are your thoughts on Cassandra Cain?

What are your thoughts on Cassandra Cain?

MAI WAIFU IS STRONGEST AND PRETTIEST
I WANT BARBARA TO BE ORACLE SO CASS CAN BE MAIN BATGIRL

Best Batgirl. A little OP.

Less a character and more a mishmash of boring fetishes.

>What are your thoughts on Cassandra Cain?

>"Does she speak English?"
>"No, she only speaks... The Language of Violence!"

Dumbest fuckin shit I'd read in a Batman comic. At least at the time. Whew lad, that was stupid.

I see the Babs fans are here.

Nah, I'm not. Just parroting what I've seen.

Amazing character who got the shit-end because some higher ups have a waifu-ism for Barbara as Batgirl, even though the character outgrew it and became Oracle.

Hell, she should have been Batwoman, but nope DC wanted a downgrade and she hasn't recovered since.

Cass on the other hand, well some user will post that copy/paste of she's nothing more than a plot-device for Harper Row now. But she's had a tough time as a character post her run as Batgirl because DC again was run by idiots.

Her current incarnation isn't awful. She fares better than Tim, Jason, or Stephanie in a better new origin. She just needs a more stream-lined better costume. Why because it's just bloody Ronin with Cass's Batgirl mask on it. That's it. Give her a damn bat symbol, but ninja-fy the outfit. Just as long as there's a bat symbol and it's yellow/black. I'm good.

Started reading her older stories a while ago. She's a cool gal, shame DC kind of swept her under the rug for Barbara.

Also, screw that lame mask. Spooky gimp suit or bust.

I really like the Ninja Gaiden suit she stole from Ryu when she started out her vigilante career in Hong Kong.

Huh.... well that's a thing huh?

Huh these sort of threads used to live longer.

I think everyone got over wanting her back since there's no way she'd be as good as she once was. They'd probably just make her another turbo skank.

most people on Sup Forums only like her because she gets their little dicks hard but shes not bad.

Perhaps. But in the old days threads of her would last days.

Cass is based. I'm even enjoying current Cass, even though that seems to be unpopular on Sup Forums. I like her being the 'big guy' on the team.

That full body costumes are the best

A million props to you for the NG reference!

Alas, that was back in the time before the MCU, even before TDK, when Sup Forums had a MUCH higher ratio of people who actually read comic books.

It wasn't really before the MCU. It was right during it. I remembered Cass threads or storytimes would be fun times.

No I'm not gonna do it. I don't have the time anymore to do the sort of feat again. All 73 issues, the annual, the Secret Files & Origins. Those take long periods of days.

They were great times, those threads are how I got into Cass.

why aren't there JPVfags? He is a great character who never gets used.

I feel like the reason he never gets used is because anytime they use the Jean Paul Valley version, they have t acknowledge that one of current leaders of Marvel, who dissed them at every turn helped co-create that character.

Post Cass x Batman panels

It wouldn't bug me as much if they hadn't been teasing him so much for instance when he shows up in Detective comics and the Grayson annual and still contributes nothing.

I've been reading the recent reprints for the first time and am pretty blown away by how good they are. I've always enjoyed the character but I wasn't expecting the level of quality I found. The way the art is woven into the storytelling is really well done, the standalone issues are amazing and build on each other organically, and the parallels between Cass and Bruce are really interesting.

Is Shiva still her mom?

No, and good riddance.

The only Batgirl that deserves the title.

Damion Scott had issues with human anatomy, but the man could draw scenes in each page so perfectly well.

Why when you read Tec or the later issues of B&RE they just seem stagnate because well.. the artists just aren't good at that. They maybe good artists, but doing action sequences? It's amateur hour.

Part of me hopes when they get to her arc in Tec the give it to an artist who just owns that. That or Tynion IV has been holding back given he let Williams II just go to town on the fight scenes with Batman/TMNT.

No, but someone in a previous Tec thread said that Tynion IV teased that Shiva might be showing up down the road.

Let's just hope Shiva got a Rebirth of her own, cos the Nu52 version was just... eh.

She's alright. The first arc of her comic is her strongest storyline. After her first writer leaves, the comic then becomes a fucking trainwreck without direction. The last year or so picks up but it never quite caught the magic of that first year.

They got really committed to the evil batgirl, thing, and that killed a lot of her momentum. The miniseries that was meant to reintroduce her both refused to outright move away from it, and came out at an unfortunate time; right before RIP. I think that sowed the seeds of apathy in a lot of people.

All things considered she's kind of a relic of her era. I don't really care about her anymore at this point. She just is.

She's OK.
I like her mom more.

Isnt she suppose to be some ultra badass that destroys even Nightwing in hand to hand?

Not really into her or the red head stronk lesbian.

You do, but your heart grows fonder for her. You cannot resist the First of the North Cass!

When she's at her full potential she is probably the strongest fighter out of all of Bruce's "kids". The only one who can near her level is probably Damian. But that's also her greatest weakness. Put her up against a mental foe, she's hosed.

Huh.. her and Damian are now closer in age in this universe than the previous one.

> her and Damian are now closer in age in this universe than the previous one.
Well, ever since they retconned Tim, the whole timeline was changed.

>This far into the thread without Cass can't read

Got it covered.

Love her reactions too.

>the pain in those eyes