Why did Waterworld flop?

Why did Waterworld flop?

It didn't. It recouped its cost in the after market and overseas

Because it's a shit movie

It bankrupted a studio. I wouldn't call it a success no matter what a crack article said.

should i watch the postman?

No one wants to watch Mad Max on boats.

its was flop but the film eventually broke even thanks to home video and cable sales.

I unironically liked that movie, but felt like it was too long.

Are you afraid he might fuck your wife?
inb4 talking about the movie

yeah, it's actually a solid film. better than costnerworld.

It wasn't a success, but it wasn't a failure. It was a wash. The movie took a while to break even, but it did eventually do so. The 90's was a different time. Nowadays you can't rely on aftermarket sales. There's no VHS/DVD sales to save a movie. Austin Powers 1 got a sequel based on home release sales. That would never happen today. If a studio went bankrupt as a result, then universal got all the profits.

I would watch mad max on boats, if it had epic junker fleets and bronze age small ship tactics playing out in epic battles over small, worthless islands.

water world was basically a PA defend-the-fort movie

It is pretty comfy. Bring snacks, it is a long haul.

i'm gonna double feature it with waterworld

because i wanted to fuck the girl
the little one

>mfw was just pissing and thinking and came up with idea I will marathon Mad Max / Waterworld / Postman

Time to get comfy

Finish with the postman so your wife is satisfied

that Waterworld stunt show at Universal is pretty cool, the movie might have come and gone, but it's been running for 20 years now

I remember at dennis pennis (bbc show) where on the red carpet he joked to costner about waterworld being a flop, costner didn't fucking liked being mocked
it was quite funny to watch

Mad Max on water. A load of guff this one

I have seen that, but not the movie.

Waterworld was the most expensive movie around that time if I'm not mistaken, and it would have had to be an instant classic to get the desired numbers.

It's still worth to watch it once, but it's closer to being mediocre than being good. Huge budget and questionable quality film making are rarely a good combo.

It was just too kino

WHY is it a shit movie? just sneering "aw its shit" doesn't explain its failure.

earth already is a waterworld

She was in her prime during Napoleon Dynamite