The Challenges of Hiding my Power Level as a Professional Musician

So I am a professional musician- jazz, orchestral, musical theatre, rock, pop, funk...you name it and I can play it. I play professionally on a weekly basis. I'm from the UK but currently staying in New York for some fancy corporate events.

Let me tell you how difficult it is to deal with the liberal insanity that is prevalent in the arts. Imagine being on zucc-book every day and seeing rich, privileged kids attending NYU for 65k a year for a degree in jazz performance (I even agree this is a waste of time) constantly posting about white privilege and how old white men in powerful positions are harmful....as well as a boatload of other shit. It's cancerous. Many of the older musicians are hippies too, and super liberal as well. It's infuriating how ill-informed the majority of my musical colleagues are.

I consider jazz and classical music , and SOME rock music to be redpilled in nature. Jazz and classical music, for example, are largely based on tradition. Most jazz musicians study bebop and swing in their upbringing, bebop especially being one of the building blocks of jazz melodic vocabulary. Classical music is the same- musicians continually rehonor pieces with hundreds of years of history attached to them. But the modern musician community itself has become more and more cancerous. For any musician to display redpilled views in public entails risking their entire career. I love music and am fortunate to have it as a full time career, but man it's annoying having to deal with other musicians at times.

Give me examples of having to deal with sjws and their ilk in other fields mates.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gtOYL4cqg2A
youtube.com/watch?v=A7fAmXrfyBI
youtube.com/watch?v=oZUTyrtDkRE
youtube.com/watch?v=y-Yszp3SmxE
youtube.com/watch?v=35tGM-Tsahk
youtube.com/watch?v=qvTAottN_8o
youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lurking

My cousin is a musician and he is the biggest bluepilled liberal faggot on Earth.

I can't even talk to him anymore.

Sounds like you're doing pretty well.

Do you want to fuck that up by going all Ben Garrison on people?

Don't be a cUck either though, at least attempt to use your influence to redpill them, slowly.

Is that you John?

>Give me examples of having to deal with sjws and their ilk in other fields mates.

i dont have to deal with it, and likewise i dont have to deal with underage faggots talking about "redpills" either, because i have a real job.

protip: identity politics basically dont exist outside of the internet.

grow up faggot

I mean musicians are some of the most emotionally unstable and naive people out there. Extreme liberal mindset is pretty much the norm, even in more extreme circles of music (metal etc). Professional musicians such as yourself who actually have some sort of legitimate knowledge and ability to perfom outside of comfort zone can be well-rounded people, but not all of them. Full "artistic" "self expression" musicians are actual children mentally.

I love music and I am a musician myself but holy shit, musicians, especially the "musician type" personas are insufferably stupid. These are also the same people that made it into powerful positions in the music industry, which is probably why the music industry (minus live shows) is de facto dead.

im on autism welfare. You wont belive the people i have to never meet.

That's another big issue in the music business: professionalism. There are so many musicians that literally just play what they want to play because muh artistic expression. The reality is, you need to be as flexible as possible until you reach the level of notoriety in a given style of music to be able to play that full time.

Most professional musicians are the equivalent of children. They aren't willing to look at it as a BUSINESS, which is ultimately what one needs to do.

>equating jazz with classical music
>bebop
>swing
Jazz was considered pure lowbrow nigger-music before Jewish-Americans popularized it after WW2

I majored in music education for two years but then changed it before I got jew'd. I experienced much of this with my professors and even other students

How do you feel about african-americans being a major part of Jazz music? Also are you a cuck?

Jazz and classical music should be equated as equal. Except when some assholes create a jazz suite called "black lives matter" or some shit like that to make a political statement....hate that shit.

An exceptionally good jazz musician will have undergone serious classical training however. They go hand in hand with each other. Classical musicians, more and more often are also receiving extensive training in jazz too. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yeah, I notice this as well. I'm mainly into metal/hardcore and all the lyrics are really left-wing, either about the environment or "muh 1%".. gets old really fast. I try and stay away from metal bands with politically motivated lyrics now, it's just cringey as fuck.

Except for Architects, their riffs make me rock hard.

Like, even the edgy atheist bands only ever rag on Catholicism and Christianity - never have the balls to write lyrics about Islam. Maybe they're scared of being blown up.. who knows.

Didn't stop these cunts though - Saudi Arabian black metal band, they're not bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtOYL4cqg2A

Jazz and classical music are like every other genre.

Its a mixture of masterpieces and garbage. NPR plays classical music and 90% of what they play is trash-water.

I'm a rigger/roadie/babysitter

Musicians are mostly retarded faggy drug addicts with daddy issues

>Musicians should treat music like business not Art.

You're in the wrong profession dude. Especially if you want to be a successful jazz musician. Who do you play with in New York? I'm guessing you're jealous of some of the Free Jazz guys?

>mfw leftist
>mfw law student
I knew I should've changed majors

I know your feel music bro.

I work in a bio lab full of bluepilled fucks. It's always some bullcrap about "Gender isn't a thing. It's a social construct!" and other shit.

I release my power level, and I can kiss goodbye to my job and all future employment. Reason I'm surrounded by blue pills? Only women are interviewing, and I have to smile and hate whites in order to get a job.

I disagree with that. Top whites play jazz.

It is a fact undeniably that African Americans played a huge role in establishing jazz as a genre. There is clearly documented proof that jazz evolved from ragtime, which has its roots in African American hymnals that slaves would sing in their native tongue, Gullah.

Despite that being said and acknowledged as truth, it does not and should not compel all jazz musicians to stand in solidarity with black lives matter and other organizations like that. I don't personally hate black people- I hate ignorant people. One could call them niggers, white trash etc. they exist in all races. That's not me saying by the way that I condone the modern hip hop dindu nuffin rap music that pervades modern society today and is largely created by blacks. Cause i absolutely hate it.

African Americans had a hand in creating jazz, but I try to separate the quality of the music from the racial implications of its creation. To me, good music is good music, no matter who makes it. I don't care who makes it. Jazz in particular is an enormously creative art form that people of all races have greatly contributed to, and moreso than ever today.

And no I'm not a cuck. I'm dating a redpilled girl from the Ukraine who is not attracted to blacks.

jazz is pretty much 60 year old white guy: the music

at least in Germany

Great outlook

Music is useless, should've learned a profession you gaywad.

OP, I'm an aspiring musician and I'm slowly rising up. I do a lot of indie/prog stuff and I am the front man of my band so I have to have the most contact with people who like us. We're starting to play things like festivals and other performances (4-500 people) and I just don't know if I can continue in this. Being surrounded by these people makes me and all my band mates hate ourselves. I eventually know I'll have to kiss Jewish ass to become signed as well. I just don't know what to do. Kill me.

>Disagreeing with a historical fact
>Le Schlomo face

That's because they grew up when it was being heavily glorified by the (((media))), thankfully the shit is fading quick.

I deal with this all the fucking time. I'm not far from you, I'm in the tri-state area. I'm also a professional musician and I'm halfway through my degree in a music-related field (Not performance, but rather something I can somewhat use). I'm friends with some people from my school on Facebook and I find the shit these kids post to be fucking hilarious. It's the typical SJW propaganda bullshit, even though half of them have school being paid for by mommy and daddy.

It was even more fun when one of my professors showed the whole class a ten minute video of a comedian advocating for gun control (Which had nothing to do with the class btw), and I was wearing a fucking Noveske shirt (Noveske makes god-tier AR parts, for those who don't know).

I just passively troll everyone. Presentation on media? CS:GO E-sports, and I throw in a video of people getting lit up, as an example. I legitimately triggered people during that presentation and all I did was laugh on the inside and act like it was a normal thing. There's no point in actually trying to red-pill anyone. I've only ever met about 2 people that are based, and I think one may be even red-pilled but I don't bother. Not worth it. Just do your time and get out, knowing that you have an actual perspective on life. Those of us that are red-pilled in these schools know that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, unlike our classmates who will learn the hard way, blame the system, and then repeat the cycle.

I got my degree in piano performance back in 09, I also minored in composition. I didn't really see a lot of the SJW stuff in our music department. There was a lot of fags (vocal majors) and fag hags (band chicks) but all of them were jesus freaks and what not.

I'm definitely in the right profession. In order to achieve stability, until you get to that level of being a "superstar", if and when that time comes, you need to maintain a balance between art and business. I love free jazz- but how many people you know that EXCLUSIVELY PLAY FREE JAZZ were able to make it as a full time musician from the start?

Until you're established, you have to be willing to do and play any style of music. When you're well known, you stand a better chance of playing only what you want to play. Even then, the most successful guys are those who are the best salesman and orators, in addition to being amazing musicians.

>That's because they grew up when it was being heavily glorified
yeh I know
I was at the local jazz club once to see my gf performing and it was full of stoned old people. I I even met my old history teacher there kek, was pretty funny

I'm a novelist. The literatti is cucked beyond imagining, and very Hebraic.

OP, why are musicians so fucking arrogant? Every musician I've ever met has been a total douchebag full to bursting with unwarranted self-importance. They usually have a great collapse in their late 20s and humble out, tho.

vaporwave is the most redpilled genre, and there are essentially no liberals in it. There is only one cause worth fighting for in vaporwave, and that is the right to go off on fundamentalist tirades asserting the original, true, or most pure form of vaporwave. It is extraordinarily reactionary as far as music is concerned. Obsessed with regurgitating memes.

>first day at farm supply store
>still some positions open
>nigger comes and asks for a job
>take him to boss

>nah all jobs are taken.

My boss (ffemale) even had the absolutely disgudisgusting.jpg face as she asked me why i even sent him in in the first place.

Feels good working them low jobs where youre allowed to display human emotions.

>so many buzzwords

Orwell already theorized as far back as 1945 that "among upper-class and middle-class intellectuals, class feeling has started to only occur in the transposed form - i. e. as a belief in the innate superiority of the proletariat and colored people. Here again, inside the intelligentsia, the pressure of public opinion is overwhelming. Loyalty towards the proletariat, and most vicious theoretical hatred of the bourgeoisie, can and often do co-exist with ordinary snobbishness in everyday life."

My girlfriend had the tendency to lean toward lefty bullshit propaganda.

I've been redpilling her by being strong willed with my views, but staying reasonable.

"Dropping red pills" and going full Sup Forums is retarded though. Sup Forums is tumblr for men.

What are you talking about, Nazi Germany?
Because plenty of white men commanded big bands (hell, Glenn Miller was the most popular artist despite being miles behind Count Basie or Duke Ellington) on the swing era, it wasn't until the advent of bebop (funnily enough, when jazz started becoming something more complex and intellectually demanding) that it became dominated by blacks.

Take advantage of the opportunity, OP. You can be the frontman of the world's first nazi bebop band.

are you in a band or an orchestra? i would assume playing in an orchestral ensemble would be more conservative than some pitchfork-core indie band.
vaguely related, i use Sup Forums a lot and everybody there is a bluepilled faggot. most of the board's favorite musicians are bluepilled faggots. it sucks but at the same time i can't say i wasn't expecting it.

Musicians are typically very arrogant because they view themselves as irreplaceable. It happens in multiple genres. The fact is, the professional music industry is a small field dominated by a couple of people at the top, and then the majority of musicals at the bottom or middle . It's extremely hard to replicate ones musical "sound" if he or she has an extraordinary talent. The reason is that every musician sounds a little bit different, particularly when it comes to the human voice. Sadly though, many arrogant musicians are fed this God complex that because they have a great unique sound, they are IRREPLACEABLE. okay....if you're Stephen Tyler, or some other legend , then maybe I could see where there's some truth to being irreplaceable. But for the majority of musicians, including the semi famous ones, they are absolutely replaceable, which is why arrogance is such a deadly cancer for musicians. There are MANY musicians that work constantly because people like being around them and like their attitudes, while there are often Many more talented musicians that sit home because of a bad attitude.

Classical ensembles tend to be more conservative. I mean, it matches the music. Traditional classical music is very reactionary - I mean it was created centuries ago!

I feel you OP. I'm an actor so I have to deal with the mist Leftist fucking Liberals you've ever seen. It sucks too because a lot of then are nice, sweet people. Their opinions are all just so fucking disgusting. Listening to these girls talk about abortions, and transgender bfs, and bad talk my religion, and act like fuckin Liberals is like having a nice dinner with some very personable cannibals.

All of these venomous shit is spewed out in the nicest way. It ösncrazy to think that Western Civilization is gonna collapse around a bunch of pretentious millenials and their wine bottles.

not OP

Why get signed at all? With the way the internet works now the only reason to get a record deal is because you can't afford a studio and everything is digital now anyway. Besides if you want to make actual discs it wouldn't be that difficult to figure it out and then just mail them yourself. You can make so much more money by playing shows and not being owned by some label. Also merch is king

There's a plethora of music sites out there and other forums plus social media. Go take part in all the discussion you can and help people learn how to play whatever you play. Market you band like a cheap whore and get your name out there. Offer to do music for indie game studios and things like that. Stay at shows to help out and work with other acts to promote yourself but stay around your level of notoriety a band with 10k attendance isn't going to waste time on a band that only gets a handful.

also YOUTUBE is the biggest marketing tool on the internet. Use it for your band and yourself make a channel and put up your best recordings and then make a personal channel and teach people how to music because people eat that stuff up.
If you advertise like a whore and can draw a crowd you won't need a jew label to make it and be happy. Unless you want to be taylor swift big because of marketing then you need a label. Just play the game and climb the ladder.

>gf performing jazz

high class coal burner

m8 be glad you didn't go to Berklee

There are almost no blacks left in jazz.

OP here....Oh I've seen how bad Berklee is...know a few people that went there. It's sad that many of these so called music schools are turning into liberal cesspools

Wrong. There are blacks in jazz. And a lot of them. But it's not majority black like it was back in the bebop era. People from all backgrounds are jazz musicians now.

you can tag who you're replying to by clicking on the number next to their ID. and we can tell you're OP cuz of your ID

on the other hand - it's nice when you meet a musician who is conservative or supports trump. it's a massive wink cuz we all know how cucked and jewified our industry is

No idea what it's like now, but before you would be OK in the Hardcore, Punk and Metal scenes. Genuine diversity in opinions and no one would flip their shit if they met someone who thought differently. I saw leftists, right wing, and racist getting along just fine. Funny how the preferred music of Nazi Skinheads and white trash was the most tolerant. But maybe that was just an East Coast thing. LA punks were obnoxious faggots way to up on themselves.

its a SJW fest now, especially with anything more on the punk side

You sound like a fucking idiot. Why did you go into a field that is full of people who are interested in diversity and creativity? Why are you in one of the most multicultural and progressive cities in the world? Why are you even using facebook? Why are you shocked that NYU isn't cheap (and btw students build a wide array of skills by doing any degree at a place like NYU, including learning how to pick a career that aligns well with your own values and interests)? And how can a whole domain of music be regarded as red pilled or blue pilled? learning about stuff from the past is not intrinsically red pilled or blue pilled. You sound poorly educated, a bit thick, and as though you probably regularly offend your colleagues and are probably widely disliked. Just return to the UK already and become a Royal Grenadier.

>metal
youtube.com/watch?v=A7fAmXrfyBI

I'm just starting to work my way into the industry as a producer, engineer, and songwriter for major labels, really pushing myself this year and next to make things happen with the contacts i've got. I feel your pain.

I've had my eyes really opened this year by Brexit, Trump, BLM, LGBT, 'Refugees' etc... The internal conflict to suppress the disgust just so I can potentially make a fucking living in a field that I have studied and worked in all my life is really unbearable.

I didn't write off any type of music as being exclusively red pilled or blue pilled....I talked about the antics of the musicians you fuckface. Did I ever say diversity was a bad thing? I think it's great that music pulls so many different people together from all backgrounds. Fuck off back to plebbit.

>I consider jazz and classical music , and SOME rock music to be redpilled in nature.
>I didn't write off any type of music as being exclusively red pilled or blue pilled
Pick one

I'm currently enrolled in a composition major; a few weeks back we had as American composer as a guest speaker. He was unbearable with his political views, constantly rambling about blacks, Trump, privilege, etc. when most of these issues are virtually non-existent and irrelevant to us. What was supposed to be a series of master classes was constantly derailed and dragged into identity politics and SJW ramblings. It was ridiculous.

>Pic related, it's him

Well said, I agree with you.

I know how you feel OP.

I have interest in classical music. I have friends who play music in bands. Whenever we get together they talk about all of the girls they are fucking on the side, the drugs they are doing, and using outdated expressions like "dig this" to sound hip and different.

It disgusts me. There is no respect for the art. They like the culture first and music second. Music deserves discipline and passion. People who think drugs open your mind musically are talentless hacks who can't be assed to open a fucking theory book and study.

Also a musician here, I make Indie rock and some metal and even rap from time to time

I find it best to keep my songs politicaly neutral

Exactly this. I would see dudes like him, hanging out, on tour, or in the same band with SJWs before they were called that. The labels were smaller so they didn't give a shit either.

If I play music will I get laid?

Also, I had a high school classmate who got a scholarship to Berklee, and came back the most obnoxious feminist I've personally met. I can't imagine the sort of brainwashing she underwent there. She acts like she had a fucking revelation and now sees misogyny everywhere. What's funny is that she keeps bringing over non-issues spewed by your average American feminist.

If you are tall. You'll mostly be sleeping with other female musicians and from what I've seen they like to get around.

He is an idiot, who probably sucks at his job. If you think about, every job values diversity and creativity because EVERYTHING needs diversity and creativity. In order to make innovations in technology you need to holistically consider the needs of human beings and see how that construct can work to fill that need. If you provide a service such as a science/ research you have to take into account the whole entire human experience in order to think of the right questions to ask to make GOOD science. The only reason that Sup Forums is so angry at the music industry is because blacks have had a major part in shaping a construct that requires rapid improvisation and immense creativity. Making good music is insanely intellectually demanding, but Sup Forums will disagree because this place is for babies.

We need to be honest, the world is too fucking big and too fucking fast. In order to do fullfilling work that is rewarding and helpful you can't dis-trust everyone that is different than you.

Well that's game over for me. Thanks user

in order of most poon to least poon

bass
guitar
singer
drummer
horn instrument
percussion
xylophone
spoons
cowbell
piano

Not if you have braces.

>piano at last
JUST
U
S
T

>whites invent all instruments
>whites invent music theory, from notation to scales to tuning
>whites invent all modern harmony (listen to anything by brahams. glasper hasn't done anything new)

but muh diversity! but muh blacks!

dude i thought the fat dyed hair overly assertive SJW was a stereotype that only existed on the internet until i got to berklee. maybe it's just boston though. let me guess - the bitch is a singer, and has important messages she needs to show the world?

have you seen oscar peterson's wife? that ho was haggard

Musician here. More studio side than performance. It's ridiculous, right? McCarthy was on to something.

How would you rate your encounters with the chosen people?

kek, you nailed, down to her condescending manners when preaching.

Welcome to the KKKlub.

You're just described every field there is.

Have fun being an outcast.

fucking commies, man. they're everywhere

all the stereotypes are true. victimize themselves in relation to israel at all times (me: 'haim, how do you like your coffee?' him: 'you don't know what it's like growing up in israel, the mortars...') but then claim whiteness when it's to their advantage

take advantage of the goyims talent

they think the 432 hz conspiracy is real

For every black person you meet, there is a 1 in 3 chance they have played electric bass at least once in there life.

OP's Last Symphony.

And as for white people?

Ya'll makin' the wrong music, Ho!

soldier

don't hide it
spread it

youtube.com/watch?v=oZUTyrtDkRE - ah fight banks
youtube.com/watch?v=y-Yszp3SmxE - the lion
youtube.com/watch?v=35tGM-Tsahk - europe awake
youtube.com/watch?v=qvTAottN_8o - last speech

youtube.com/watch?v=h11uEvGc7u8 - we win nightshoot

Let me tell you somethin'.

The Boys in White Hoods make the weasel go pop.

the weasel go pop.

the weasel go pop.

The Boys in White Hoods make the weasel go pop.

The percentage of white people that can play bass WELL is probably in the single digits.

Race is useless.

I can relate immensely. I'm in a nearly identical position, except I'm a full-time visual artist / fine arts. To say that my frustrations mirror your own is an understatement. It's absurd how misinformed or outright uninformed people are in this industry, yet they take it upon themselves to have louder voices than anybody else in society. It's extraordinarily fatiguing. Also extremely lonely, so I end up spending most of my time with cops, construction workers, and bartenders - who tend to be redpilled. Certainly by comparison.

pic related

Having sex with your instrument is not the same as playing it well.

Where did this "Homo Erectus = Musicians" meme come from?

fuck why is this true

i think it has something to with the fact that basses are like guitars for retarded people - less strings, bigger strings. basically no chords necessary. it is essentially a monophonic instrument. except you don't really need to solo, just lock up with the bass drum rhythm. it makes sense that niggers could grasp this

Rush. Primus. Tool.

This is why niggas dominate pop music bro.

Every single instrument has a corresponding instrument that plays on the bass clef. Bass is pretty much everything to a standard song, white boi.

>canacuck jews. shrill and over reaching
>gay as fuck
>pseudo alt rock

what is your point

every instrument has a corresponding instrument on bass clef? i don't understand

The Jews put the Niggers in the studio and tell them to hatefuck the instruments.

Then the Jews put the sound files on the airwaves.

It's all propaganda.

this goy gets it

They all have noticeable bass.

wow, you're right. thanks for setting the record straight

I remember when I was in a band, it was hard as fuck finding other band members aside from my friend and I that aren't totally cucked SJW DUDE WEED LMAO faggots or fucking screamo tumblrites.

Jazz is degenerate.
Look at any live performance and it's just a dick showing contest, and it's not even impressive because all they do is play according to music theory so it's going to sound alright. Absolutely no creativity in it.

What about violin or cello?

This, the ((((Frankfurt School)))) wanted to destroy traditional music. ((((Adorno))))'s background was in music. Once those evil goys were deprived of their traditional music that served as a method of social cohesion (which, obviously, is unacceptable), the ((((labels)))) were free to create a global musical monocultural that promoted certain ideals.

This is what you get after the concert when you play the violin or the cello.

honestly don't know cuz i don't know too many. but i'd imagine it's slim pickings. but everybody knows chicks love guitars