Why?

Why?

Zutara a shit

Because it's hot.

Fuck you

Because tying the romance knot officially gives closure.

Looking back Avatar was generic as fuck.

Did they fug even though Aang was physically 12 years-old?

They clearly weren't aiming for Zutara in the series and I didn't like Zutara while it was going on, but looking back on it now, Zutara made more sense.

Kataang was a mistake.

Apparently they weren't going to do that full-on kiss originally. They only did it because the ship wars got so intense that they HAD to make it clear that these relationships were definite and will never change.

>Zutara made more sense.
How so?

>but looking back on it now, Zutara made more sense.

Are you the same person saying that exact same thing in every Avatar thread?

I think you are. Stop it.

How do people still not fucking understand this?

Oh man.

I thought I had seen the last of this comic. I love it so much.

Thank you for bringing this back to me, user.

Because brown girl and shota is hot.

That's why.

The contrasts/similarities in their stories. Essentially the Firelord took their mothers away from them. In a literary sense it works better with each of their character arcs. Katara learning to forgive the fire nation symbolically though Zuko (as she did, though romantically would've been more significant.)

Their being in love and eventual union would've healed a ages old scar between the Fire Nation and the Water Tribes, in the same way Zuko reconciled the past through his friendship with Aang, though again, a romance with Katara would make the Fire/Water aspect it more significant

Also, superior Fire/Water kids.

Even my normie friends vote Zutara, Kataang a shit

If you watch just the finale without knowing anything else about Avatar, it looks like Katara and Zuko are heading towards being a couple. They even have the "He/She's not my girl/boyfriend!" tease moment with Jun. Then suddenly Mai appears out of nowhere and Katara kisses Aang.

It's what I wanted.

I think you give an unnecessary importance to romance, also some foreign peasant getting the royal dick would probably cause more trouble than good in a Fire Nation that was JUST going "Ozai is a pretty cool guy, let's throw a birthday party while he burns the Earth Kingdom to the fucking ground"

My favorite part of all of this is that Kataang is canon forever and can never be changed.

The tears are still delicious to this day.

This made more sense to me than Zutara, which consisted of characters hating each other throughout the entire series with only a few moments of peace between them.

I'm surprised Zutara was so big.

It was so big because the vast majority of Zutara shippers were females who self-inserted into Katara and Zuko was the damaged bad boy.

It's pretty simple.

Kataang always seemed weird to me and I don't even like Zutara.

Yeah I still come across Zutara shippers. It's hilarious.

Weren't Make and Korra sorta like an apology to them?

I... guess? And then they fucked that one real early.

Korra and Bolin were a better pair, in all honesty.

Its just girls wanting that fantasy of a bad boy.

>apology
That's pretty sad considering they ended up just taking it back the next season and their romance in both of the first two seasons was considered bad.

Or maybe it's a message that Zutara never would have actually worked out.

>Even my normie friends vote Zutara
:^)

Yes it was
And yes they fucked it up. Sad, really.

It might have fit better if they had just hugged and then show them kissing after a timeskip

Kataang only made sense because Zuko never saw Kataara that way, and Aang more or less threw himself at her.

Though I get the complaints. Like how she was supposed to be a mother towards him etc.

Zuko and Katara just don't spend as much time with each other as much story-wise

Because the story wasn't about shipping like Korra. It was about what made sense.

KEK! Zutara is still a thing? Wow at that level of autism

I legitimately thought Bolin was gonna be with Korra, but I guess not.

Korea really threw me for a loop romance wise

You saw it that way...? Wow. Zutarians are really into it.

I know right?

Yeah sadly it is. I saw a post more or less confirming that those shippers more or less are still out there.

It just feels weird when at the start of the last season he's bringing macaroni art of Ozai home to her and at the end of the season they make out.

This user gets it.

That actually happened to me.

I saw a couple of season 1 episodes, I liked what I saw but I could never catch new episodes with the inconsistent scheduling.

Then a couple of years later nick hyped the finale like the event of the century so I watched it and thought the whole time that the series was building up towards a Zuko/Katara romance until Mai popped up out of nowhere.

>Mai
>Out of nowhere.

Fuck, they were a couple since we knew them. The delusion is strong.

It's funny how every one of you forget scenes like de dance in the Fire Nation or the kisses they share before the war. It wasn't only just because or out of nowhere.

To be fair, user added
>If you watch just the finale without knowing anything else about Avatar

As a qualifier.

I remember them. It just seems jarring to have both.

yhW

Fpbp

>hey guys, what are you working on today?
>oh, we're still illustrating the twelve year old boy making out with the fourteen year old girl

Hot.

>zutarians

I dropped this show during this scene, I dont care how close I was to the end.

Their relationship came the fuck out of nowhere, seriously they never showed any interest in each other before this season.

Also Zhu Li was barely even a character before this season but now she's front and center with the main cast? And on top of that they didn't even attempt to flesh out or resolve her character in any legitimate way.

So yeah, anyway, did I miss anything that came after this?

Nah, not really.

Sokkaang was the endgame this show deserved.

You mean Zukaang.

Those two had great chemistry.

>8 years later, Zutarians are STILL butthurt.

Its the gift that keeps on giving.

>not Zukka

What's your problem?

if Katara and Saka siblings the would've made a great couple

>was on the right side of Kataang vs Zutara

>was on the right side of Naruhina vs Narusaku.

Feels good man.

*weren't

Katara and Sokka would probably have to have gotten together if they stayed in the tribe and hadn't found Aang.

gross

it's because she's brown isn't it?

Yeah, I don't know why people make such a fuss about this.

as it should've been

The problem is, dear user, that you are fucking retarded.

>So yeah, anyway, did I miss anything that came after this?

Nope. Just some closure moments for Korra with Mako and Tenzin. I was so relieved that Bryke didn't force Korra back into a relationship with Mako; any romance for her in Book 4 would have been very forced.

>was on the wrong side of both

I knew better with Kataang vs Zutara too, but I had to be a contrarian.

At least it paid off when I saw Korrasami coming.

>they probably fucked before Aang got through puberty

Because they'd been leading up to it and dropping hints since season one. Hell the dropped a hint in episode one with Aang wistfully staring at her.
And with that I'm out. Lets see you fuck this up among yourselves, as usual.

Oh yeah. FUcker basically repopulated the Air Nomads.
The only person who spread his seed further was Sokka.

Not with Sokka constantly cockblocking them

>implying them running into Aang stopped them

Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Aang just skipped money and went right to power
Bending power, spiritual power, political power, butt-kicking power

>tfw nobody cares about Taang

I ain't no space man

Because they stopped speaking to each other after Bitter Work other than the occasional twinkletoes.

fucking kek

I demand more Lewis Black cartoon summaries. I forgot how hilarious and on the mark that picture is. It really fits Black's style

>tfw retard artists make their signatures totally illegible so the only way to find them through their art is reverse image search

Childhood is when you want Kataang to happen. Adulthood is when you realize that Zutara makes more sense.

Can you imagine having a gf/bf since you were twelve years old?

Agreed. Zutara was only popular because Zuko fangirls transposed themselves onto Katara. That's why Zutara fans hate Kataang so much.

>At least it paid off when I sawKorrasamicoming

Does it really matter when the show itself is unwatchable garbage?

My uncle's married to his wife that he was in love since age 12. He's about 60 now and still shows it.

Well said.

>Tfw I was right about those too
>There will be future scenarios where all I'll have to do is understand basic foreshadowing and I'll continue to get it right
To be fair I didn't see Korrasami coming at all. But that was a poor surprise for an ending. I think I would of been more satisfied if it happened in book 3 or not at all rather than sprung in at the end.
Yeah but just because two characters are parallels, like Katara and Zuko, doesn't mean they should be romantically involved. Aang also had some parallels with Zuko and they weren't fucking at least I don't think they were

Aang/Zuko would've made more sense than Kataang and Zutara since that was where the biggest conflict, change and reconcile took place.

Sup Forums would have torn itself apart from the shitposting if that had happened.

Maybe, but Sup Forums has always been kinda gay. The only reason Sup Forums shat itself over Korrasami was because there wasn't any romantic buildup in the slightest so it was pretty obviously just a blatant pandering attempt.

>Wendy 'too old' for Dipper
>this is A-OK
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Aang was mentally older.

ayyyy
agreed

Aang was 112 you know.

He did look pretty bald.

>Bryan accuses people of watching LOK with hetero lenses
>the last big party of the series is the wedding between a man and a woman

I don't mind the pairing being big, it's the expectation that it has to happen that makes me want to punch shit. People who ship for fun are one thing but as soon as they see it as a requirement or the most important thing about a story psychopathy is soon to follow. Remember Harry and Hermione? I don't think that's a crazy idea, the author said maybe she should have gone that way, but the people hurling crazy insults at her like she had killed their cat when romance was a tiny and absolutely terribly written part of Harry Potter, is insane. I wish no couples had happened because the writing was so painful for those parts but I won't be sending J.K. Rowling death threats anytime soon.

Korrasami was clumsily handed but I don't see your point here. Does the gay thing have to be an all or nothing deal for the entire cast?

doushite

Does Sup Forums need another How I Became Yours carpet bombing? Because this thread has it coming.