Anyone this yet? Thought it wasn't bad, Bateman is pretty good in it

Anyone this yet? Thought it wasn't bad, Bateman is pretty good in it.

the aggressively gay FBI agent bothered me but i haven't seen the last 3 episodes so i can't fully make my mind up

Honestly, I enjoyed it.

It's brety gud

is it entertaining ?

feel like id watch this only because i have nothing else to do, which is not a good reason

I liked it.

This was why I watched it and I wasn't disappointed. More interesting to me than most of Netflix's original series.

k ill watch it, thanks
bateman is a good guy anyway

>gay FBI agent
Not sure why that was even done. It didn't really add anything to his character or the main story. It was a pretty self contained conflict.

the plot armor hillbillies annoy me to no end
there is no reason for them to not get immediately acid barrelled next season

there's a lot of hillbillies in the show so you're going to have to be more specific.

i like the cast but I somehow have the feeling that I've seen it all before. Also hes too damn good at talking. like when he talked those hillbillies out of taking the money. they all seem to have no problem to kill a man but all of a sudden they all go full Enron and want to learn how to launder money and kill him then? Whats the point?

>muh hillbilly masterminds

It's a little uneven at times. Too much stuff happens. I realize it's a tv show but the pace needed to slow down a tad.

Not really, kid. There's only one set of hillbillys and you would know exactly who was being referenced if you watched the show.

im still waiting for some kind of interracial relationship between a main character and for the "rural whites are the real evil" narrative to be taken to the next level.
on episode 4 now wish me luck

im gay lmao

and it sucked, i just cringed the whole time

>unironically breaking bad´s wannabe
lmao im not watching this shite

>everyone who doesnt like faggots is secretly a faggot meme
just awesome writing absolutely fantastic

just watched ep 1 and yeah it's literaly breaking bad, like literaly.

dosent seem too bad though,and since my life is hell, maybe that'll occupy my mind for some time

I got a real soft spot for The Baterman so I was happy to see him in a serious role. Shame about Del, I think Darlene is a bit too crazy for me

The one thing that fucks with me the hardest is the whole robbery scenario.
They make this whole point about drawing out these sayings; "details being extraneous"/"give me money with no questions asked" multiple times across different scenes prior to it, and it doesn't even matter in the end. The one character that's supposed to be street smart and devious commits the robbery for little to no reason, and only 25% of whatever the guy gets. She literally planned on doing everythign herself for 25% of what could've been nothing, with no details on what she was actually doing or the reasons behind it.

That made no sense from either characters perspective and went against alot of what we already knew about those characters.

this to me made absoltuely no sense. I'm maybe 5 or 6 episodes in (girl almost drowned herself randomly?) and i still don't understand why i had to watch this guy get blown or why the story had him hook up with the redneck langmore dude.

his entire character and place in the story isn't even dependent on him actually being gay, it's just that it also so happens that the one redneck he meets is also gay...and of course COMPLETELY trusts him because they both end up lovers??

i'm ejoying it, but there are some really poorly written parts about it. Like pretty bad.

it's so much more poorly written than breaking bad that comparing the two makes breaking bad look so much worse via association
All that being said it's alright, i'll probably finish it. I'd say it's "above average" for what netflix produces, but i don't think much of most of netflixes work.

nice post, thanks for the review
i'll probably watch something different instead

It's a lot closer to bloodline. Dunno where this breakingbad wannabe meme is coming from

First 3 episodes have been great. Overly-homosex FBI guys are terrible actors, as is the white-trash dishwasher girl.

>le "average guy becomes a criminal to save his family" man
>literally starts off the season as an experienced white collar criminal

Walter white as a character is much more complex than Ozarks is as a whole.

Ozarks also have that "quirky opening scene that drives more into the story", which to give them credit for has been interesting

I actually really enjoyed it. But yeah, the overly gay fbi agent made no sense. I have no problem with a gay character but they just shoved him into your face all the time to remind you he's a fag.

Just watched the first episode. It was ok but idk it feels a little like breaking bad with the general premise and a little like TD with the cinematography only both of those shows were god tier so it's got a lot to live up to, I have a hard time believing it'll be better than either.

I'll keep watching though maybe it'll surprise me.