Superman had the classic costume as recently as 2011

>Superman had the classic costume as recently as 2011

What the hell happened? It's not as though "hurr durr underwear is fucking gay" is a recent notion. Why is it only recently that DC's become ashamed of the classic iconography?

He still has it in Earth One but Earth One is shit

You just reminded me of how shit the ending of Future's End was
Thanks a lot asshole

They're trying to appeal to faggots that were never going to like Superman in the first place.

The reboot was basically an excuse to pander to the stupid questions of non-comic reading casuals and also that one DC editor with a skankification fetish.

>"Don't worry guys, after five years, classic Superman is BACK."
>"Oh man, I can't wait to see the classic costume again!"
>"lol no have another redesign"

It's obviously not as bad as the *sigh* Kryptonian War Armor, but it's still a pointless redesign that makes Superman's costume less iconic/aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe in another five years we'll get the classic suit again? Here's hoping.

The next step would be for Superbro to come back with the classic costume just to fuck with us.

>I claim to love Superman and everything about him but unless he's wearing those hot little red panties I don't give a FUCK and it's SHIT!

What is the fucking appeal of a fucking underwear. Batman lost it and I don't see a thread about that.

Im okay with the Superdad/Superbro costumes, the only thing that bugs me is superbro's messy hairstyle

Big Blue has had a dumb spitcurl for ages, it's part of who he is, but the womens wanted a disheveled twink

Same thing happened with Lobo

That's because Batman's costume is incredibly fucking boring to begin with. He could wear nothing but a block body stocking as long as he he still had that trademark cowl and cape. Hell, that's basically what Burton Batman was.

By contrast, Superman's costume is a beautifully balanced bit of visual design. It's so well balanced that any time something is out of place, it doesn't seem quite right. There's a reason there are hundreds of thousands of pieces of fanart that all try but ultimately fail to solve "the underwear problem".

Still looks better than current outfit.

I think there have been designs that work well to make up for the lack of trunks but DC refuses to use them in the main universe just to piss people off and I'm not sure why. If they would just use a decent one people would get over it eventually but they use obviously ugly costumes instead. There is literally no reason the Earth-2 design shouldn't have been Superbro's. And Gleason's design should be Superdad's right now.

There's a large chunk of comics fans who shit their pants whenever something changes from the way it was when they were still shitting their pants fairly regularly. They're the reason the status quo is god.

Wasn't the E2 cape connected to the shield?

yeah the only flaw though and could have gotten fixed in time like the new 52 boots eventually adding back the V

Superfags are just notoriously whiny

Most of the time. Occasionally it's drawn as a red pattern with the cape attached in the usual fashion.

It makes more sense for Batman not to have trunks. It's a brooding rich guy's battlesuit designed to strike fear into thugs vs a hopeful farmer's son's costume designed to be as non-threatening as possible. Or an alien world's fashion sense, depending on the continuity.

And as far as I'm concerned, Batman doesn't get a pass either. The Zero Year suit at least had black piping to break up all the gray, but that was just his starter suit. He really needs something to further differentiate it from Superman's costume besides the cowl.

What's wrong with his shoes
It looks like he's wearing platforms or something

The trunks look corny.

I'm glad they're gone.

Well now I miss them.

It's mostly good but that belt is plain ugly.

There's just too much fucking blue going on. Why fuck with an iconic costume that much? I don't get it.