There should be nationwide car loan programs to help families get cars

Omaha has this

omaha.com/news/metro/goal-of-loan-program-new-cars-for-omaha-families/article_a59dc35c-d44a-59b4-9db8-fd21fbc495f7.html

also, the state of nebraska will give up to $2,000 to low income families in need of a car

i think it's only fair

Other urls found in this thread:

farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=19000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

bumpleton

Public transportation exists, so why are cars needed?

because in rural areas of nebraska public transport does not exist

see

If you're going to live in such a rural area, why aren't you being a good little farmer

most cities have piss poor public transportation. rural places don't have it at all.

>implying

you know farm equipment costs more than a car, right?

bump

people need free cars, think of the kickbacks on auto companies if we do this, it creates jobs!

>not looking at the stock market

the value of corn, wheat and soybean is the lowest it's been in 35 years, farmers aren't making any money right now, thats why the cost of food is insane

What the fuck is your end goal with this thread and why are you so desperate to keep it alive?

Right now we are discussing in another thread that designing your cities for cars is what makes your live as shit as it is already for you.,

Do you think that if you post on this north korean cartoon circle, you will get a car you are too poor to buy yourself?

Just keep the food for yourself.

HAHAHAHA

fat chance, Monsanto and other seed companies send thugs

2nd amendment

more loans? It's fair to who..

Makes me ashamed to live in Nebraska

why? it's progress, poor people deserve cars too

If you live in Nebraska, only two types of people need vehicles. Farmers and first responders. Everyone lives int he city. And Omaha is a city

that woman in the pic from the article works at walmart and makes only 12,056 a year

>A brand new car is a necessity and you should be forced to pay for one for me
>I should be able to live where I want without having to think about transportation
>If transportation issues arise, it' society's job to fulfill my needs immediatley

yeah, and Omaha Public transport is beyond shit, man

their busses are horrible, never on time, and unreliable

the only exception is UBER but UBER is a fucking ripoff, the drivers purposefully take you the longest route possible so that they can get paid more, it charges you 50 cents every 500ft

If there weren't so many government regulations and inspectons on the building and maintenance of cars there would be a much higher supply and lower price. Get the government out of the fucking car industry

i'm in grand island, my job provides a vehicle for me to do deliveries with (no, not food, auto parts, i deliver auto parts to auto shops)

and the base is 1 mile from my house

fuck i ain't walking 1 mile in 97 degree heat

fuck off

not trolling here, THIS

when the Model A first came out, you could get one for $600 in todays money, next to nothing

Well luckily the heat isn't all year, but there is public transportation inside of the city. If your job has you leaving the city a lot, then they should either supply a car for you, or buy one. And if your job doesn't provide the funds, find a better job.

they do provide a car

it's a 2013 Chevy cruze with a "how am i driving?" number on the back and a DOT registration number, we communicate with the base via two-way radio

>If your job has you leaving the city a lot, then they should either supply a car for you, or buy one. And if your job doesn't provide the funds, find a better job.
He likely works at a small auto zone or advance auto parts type place. It's not that serious,

AKA- glorified cash register operator trained in basic car maintenance. The labor isn't that valuable, the vehicles they use for deliveries are arguably more valuable.

Cash for clunkers was a ploy to get cheap vehicles out of the market and keep the poor off the roads as well

see

and it's cool,

but, yeah, i support car loan programs

my sister is also on one

she has 3 kids from a divorce where the father isn't paying child support, and because she's been to jail before because of him, she can't get a job other than a papa johns chain that doesn't do background checks or drug testing, that chain will literally hire anyone who walks in

to bad it didn't work

there's still cheap cars on the market, you just won 't find them at used car lots, you find them on facebook or craigslist or your classified ads of your local paper

here's a fun game, go to your classified ads or your local craigslist, and i bet you money, that you will find a car on there for sale for less than 1 grand

>farmers aren't making any money right now

Farmers haven't been poor since the 40s m8. They get subsidized and bailed out more than wall street does. I've never not seen a farmer in a current year model of f250. They always have multiple ATV's, snowmobiles and dirtbikes with a swimming pool out back.

Farms aren't struggling at all.

sounds like you're pretty trash people op
no wonder why you want state handouts

>facebook

yes, facebook, there's pages on facebook for cities that sell old junk and cars, there's one here

"Central NE car sales" where only private parties can sell their used cars

You can buy a decent car for $1200, if you can't afford that you shouldn't be driving anyways.

I sold my old Honda to a dude that drives a half hour a day to work, sold it to him for $800, and he's still driving it 3 years later.

Or they could invest it into public transportation. Having a bus route shouldn't be that expensive to operate compared to giving everyone a car.

okay, then why are farmers around here opting to get their jalopy tractors fixed up and band-aided rather then going out and plopping down about 50 grand on a new tractor?

>see
>
Yeah, entry level auto parts store job.

Ya'll want CEO perks and pay for doing a job they advertise on craigslist? Good luck with that.

Lmao not even close. A basic model A would cost around $7,000 in today's money. And that's for a super basic car without any of the features or improvements of a modern car.

no, i don't

i fucking hate that little korean piece of shit

>chevy isn't korean

the Cruze was manufactured in South Korea, it just has a chevy logo glued onto it

Why would they spend $50,000 if they already have something they can fix?

And I don't know maybe nebraskans are just that much more stupid than their superior Iowan cousins.

I bought a buick back about 3 years ago, 1400 to this day I still haven't invested more than 2k total

>iowa is better

HAHAHAHAH, y'all fuckers don't even want Carter Lake, and it's in your borders

Do you think liberals actually want to sit next to niggers and poor people too?

Come on. You know they're just trying to find excuses to further increase the debt and promote laziness.

most carter lake residents don't even want to be part of iowa,

take pride in your own land, mother fuckers

>nebraska
>relevant
>ever doing anything of note

Pick only one.

>Iowa
>Relevant

Literally only known because of a fucking caucus

abolishing the death penalty

>Iowa

it's nothing but corn and hicks, and one racetrack along I-80 that not even the main top series in NASCAR wants to touch

But you have heard of us. All the way in little old England.

>implying

John Wayne. David Lane. Randy Weaver. All legendary Iowans.

Just give it up man, Nebraska is a barren wasteland of nothingness.

>John Wayne
an actor in western movies

>David Lane
A vegas magician, literally no one cares

>Randy Weaver
who?

>doesn't know who David Lane is

I can kind of understand that. He's a hero of the white race and stood up against the federal government. Ever hear of 1488? he did the 14 words part.

>doesn't know who Randy Weaver is

Alright that's fucking ridiculous. That was the shot heard around the world. That was the major inspiration for the OKC bombing. Ruby Ridge? Ring a bell? Jesus man Nebraskans are dumb as shit.

Im not from nebraska. I live in ohio.... Who are the second two you mention?

>praising the man who inspired a terrorist attack on american soil that killed multiple innocent people

go join ISIS, fucker

>i have no idea where i am on the internets

You have that backwards.

The federal government shot Weaver's dog and son and a sniper shot his wife in the face while she held their youngest kid. An investigation would've found the sniper guilty of murder but a judge said it would set an unacceptable precedent to convict federal agents.

That and what happened in Waco was what drove McVeigh to bomb the federal building.

This can be attributed to the cash for clunkers program.

It did give a boost to the US auto industry, in terms of new car sales but foreign makes such as KIA, Toyota and Honda benefited the most. Because their product has a better reputation.

So what happend was the used car market, has been depleted of very good running used cars, and caused the price of used cars to go up. I was looking for a beater couple months ago and cars that used to be 500, were going for 1.5k...

Basically cash for clunkers + no public transport system in rural US = this situation.

>Fat.
>Dodge.
>Baby.

Typical retarded cunts, why the fuck is Nebraska doing gib me dats now?

You don't know jackshit m8.
I live in Delmarva and no farmer even owns their own farm anymore, Tyson, Purdue, etc own the farms. Your average farmer here is in upwards of 100k of debt on their farm alone not counting their own home, car, machinery, etc. No farmer around here has a fleet of dirtbikes or massive pools. If anything there's a farm on the MD/DE line on 404 that struggles to stay family owned and debt free but has the best dairy cows on the peninsula along with their own ice cream shop. That's only one success story out of the thousands of farmers here.
Tldr shut the fuck up thinking you know everything

Maybe they shouldn't have been retarded and sold their farms then.

Buy used and buy what's in your price range.

My first car was a ten year old used Mitsubishi that I saved up $1800 for. Lasted me all of college and grad school before it finally died.

If you can't afford or can't get financing for a $15,000 car you shouldn't be buying a $15,000 car.

>when the Model A first came out, you could get one for $600 in todays money, next to nothing

What? The first model year they came out they went for $850 and as production soared the price dropped to $600 or less due to new competition.

The average wage for labor in 1909 was $0.22/hour.

Skilled labor (carpenters, welders, masons, electricians, etc) earned $0.37/hour.

Teachers earned $328/year while government salaries for federal/state employees averaged $590/Year.

The model T was more than a years pay for most Americans.

They dont sell their farms dumbass.
>You're a chicken farmer
>Tyson/Purdue/etc raises their quotas
>To meet the quota pay 25k for a new chicken house or they stop doing business with you
>Either add 25k of debt but make money that year or refuse and never do business again
This is why the Cordova Purdue factory is shutting down, farmers are quitting farming because theyre tired of racking up the debt. You dont know what the fuck youre talking about mah dood

UAW-Ford member here, both us and GM are planning something like this, it's a clever way to say they sold more cars. We're already setting records all year as it is, wait for this shit to hit.

You're right. I don't know about chicken farms. Just corn and a bit about hogs.

Theres corn, soy, and livestock here and the only financially solvent farms are horse ranches. Your typical farmer doesnt get those subsidies that you made up out of nowhere cause if they did they wouldnt be worried about being in debt to Tyson or Monsanto

Well we can either subsidize loans or vastly expand our transportation network

Actually expanding the network would be a better gain. Going from new york to los angeles in half a day on a bullet train would only benefit our economy.

>farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips=19000

>made up

Shut the fuck up faggot.

>i think it's only fair

what the fuck is so hard about getting a car loan

Yay, faulty cars! Who'd not love to buy one!

You can't get these subsidies easily if your dealing with corporate entities primarily. Plus in MD your taxes as a farmer are almost just as much as what they "subsidy" you with. Nice "stats"

Bad credit

great idea!

I mean what could go wrong?
After all, last time you had a loan program for housing it all went wonderfully, right?

So MD is a shit state, what else is new?

And yeah those stats back up everything I said you turbonigger.

Compare those subsidies in relation to taxation and debt and you'll see farmers still get screwed over. Not just in MD but DE and VA too

Micro loans are much more lucrative and helpful than mult million dollar ones.

There will never be a car loan bubble simply because of the fact that a car is easily replaceable and easily transportable.

>If they have so much money, why don't they blow it like I do?

Maybe they're smarter than the potatoes they grow, unlike you.

Yeah, how are they going to burn white suburbs if they have to take the bus?

One(1) mile

Leave Nebraska faggot.