Just bought pic related and endgame for 50 bucks . Did i get ripped off?

Just bought pic related and endgame for 50 bucks . Did i get ripped off?

yes

for one thing, they're both shit

Yes.

Yes.

what batman stories should i buy then?

Yes

He's wrong, both are fantastic classic stories. Be prepared for some superman fighting.

Good god yes.

Hush is absolutely awful. Early 2000's version of Scott Snyder. Terrible comic that casuals love for the surface level "maturity." The difference is Capullo actually delivers for Snyder while Lee is a overrated hack.

Hush was great until the ending.

>Strange Apparitions
>Anything from O'Neill's 70's run
>Year One
>Dark Knight Returns
>Venom
>Gothic
>Prey
>Grant + Breyfogle's run
>Peter Milligan's run
>Long Halloween + Dark Victory
>A Death in the Family
>The Cult
>Arkham Asylum:
>Morrison's run
>Archie Goodwin's run

they popoular and successful Batman comics so obviously they are bad and shit if you ask Sup Forums

>$50

Hush & Endgame could be the best Batman stories ever written, and you still would have gotten ripped off if the prices on Amazon are any indication.

So popularity makes something criticism proof?

Wait, what editions were they?

Because yeah, you probably got ripped off. The Hush TPB is $25 MSRP, and Batman Endgame (Hardcover) is $25 MSRP. But tons of resellers (like InStockTrades) have them listed a lot cheaper.

batman endgame is hardcover and hush is the complete saga but paperback

Unless they were some hardcovers valued at more, yes. Regardless if they're good or not, that's just about $30-40 tops. But it's not that bad. Neither are bad runs, just not that good.

If anything, you just overpaid a bit.

>The Cult
>Arkham Asylum

Your list just lost all credibility.

You can get these on Amazon for $30.85 + shipping brand new so yea you got ripped off.

On top of that they're pretty shitty comics so I'd say you DEFINITELY got ripped off.

Definitely losing sleep over some plebby shithead who doesn't realize that Arkham Asylum is in the top 10 most essential Batman stories not thinking I'm "credible"enough.

A Serious House on Serious Earth?
or the arc with Humpty Dumpty?

Yes, but only because you paid so much.

Unless its a hardcover than yeah you were ripped off

i live in greece so it might cost more due to the shithole i live in.

Sup Forums is overracting, both of those arcs got well received, read them and get an opinion yourself.
They are not dogshit, I wouldn't say they are awesome or great, but they are at least decent.

Oh hell yes

>paying any amount of money for comics

Literally why? You don't pay for music or movies too, do you?

i know it's bait but i will answer anyway. i do pay for music if i like the artist and the songs included . i go to the cinema too occasionally so yes , i pay for movies.

How is that bait? We live in a fucking magical era where almost everything you could ever want is free if you just learn how to use the internet. I don't understand why anyone doesn't take advantage of this situation.

i read comics online but i also want to physically own some . it's an autistic collecting habit but i enjoy myself.

because I can't clock a guy with a thumb drive

Yes since you could have got hush for under 10 bucks.

Because there is a satisfaction that comes with owning physical media. I would argue you haven't actually experienced your favorite comics if you haven't held them in your hand and felt the paper and smelled the ink. Yes I pirate most shit but the truly special book / comic / album / movie / etc. is worth paying money to own.

Also financially compensating creators for your enjoyment of their work is what allows them to create your work. Obviously this isn't universally true across the board but it is for a lot of independent artists.

>Joker kills Robin
>Shove in Arkham
>Joker kills dude he knew once as a kid
>Almost snap his neck

Unless you own a 17" monitor, you really can't capture the feel of a full page spread, or appreciate the artist's storytelling flow.

It just becomes like reading a series of boxes instead of appreciating the medium for what it is.

Anyone have the panel of Batman punching him in the fucking face while ripping off the doctor disguise? I love that shit.