Star Wars

Why are the non-canon Star Wars stories WAY better than the canon ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9FXrbNlX0KU
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489492598&searchtext=skip peragus
youtube.com/watch?v=z5xDSZnok4s
youtube.com/watch?v=qGCFGM85FFA
youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because the canon ones are aimed at the widest audience possible while the non-canon are aimed at NEETs who need another hit of escapism to stave off suicide

It wasnt designed by a committee

this and the moral gray areas were fun to see after watching a black and white trilogy

it needed the films to pull that off

pic unrelated?

They have 20+ hours to tell a story instead of 2 hours. You can take your time talking to all the characters in detail for hours.

kotor is cannon everything by EA is cannon since EA is the one in charge of all the star wars games now

>bratty brit
muh dick

why couldn't they make rey like bastila?

>its another people are going to say KOTOR 2 is better than 1 (b-but only once you mod the fuck out of it!) episode

This game should have used the Star Trek license. The only Star Wars things about it are lightsabers and the force.

Totally not SW at all except for Sith, Jedi, blasters, droids, wookies, twi'leks, Tatooine, Kashyyk, hutts etc

>It's a redditor thinks he knows anything episode
Kotor 2 is the patrcian choice. Anyone who thinks Kotor 1 is better has to go back.

Bastila was an annoying cunt. Fem Anakin best girl

>I have shit taste so I will just call him a redditor!
Nice try kid

but muh tsundere personality and sexy accent

I feel bad for killing juhani in my first playthrough though

youtube.com/watch?v=9FXrbNlX0KU

Kote!
Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal...
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la solus cet o'r.
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc talyc runi'la trattok'o.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

>kotor is cannon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is how episode one should've went

KOTOR 2 was a buggy unfinished mess.
There is something to be said for expecting at least a modicum of competence.

If you are willing to chew through a log of shit to find a piece of sweet sweet corn good on ya.
Most have standards.

>Muh plot twist
Name 1 thing it does better. Kotor 2 has deeper rpg elements, better writing and better cast of characters. Objectively the better game.

The only mod you 'need' for KotOR2 is the Restored Content mod. Even without it the game's mechanics are far more in depth than the first one. Stop using hyperbole to try to reinforce a factually wrong opinion. I prefer KotOR1 over 2

>Peragus

Delivering a finished product to market.

Taris is worse than Peragus

I'm a Kotor2fag but I really missed Jolee.
That guy was too based for this world.

He is referring to the theme that star wars is about: mithoclorians

I fucking hated this bitch.

>deeper rpg elements
Meh, there both practically the same
>better writing
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>better cast of characters
ok it might have that

>he's never coming back

pure fucking cringe

I'd rather shit glass at the DMV over playing Peragus again.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489492598&searchtext=skip peragus

>Taris is worse than Peragus

no it isn't

She wouldve been GOAT if the game was finished and all her dialogue and story was actually put in place

>what is restored content mod
don't tell me you only played on console

This was literally the best game I ever played. I love it despite its flaws. As a kid I wanted to reeee and throw my controller when I found out I was Revan.

pleb
Atris was supposed to be the original Darth Traya though

Playing it first time Paragus is better.

restored content came out five years after the game did. It's not surprising that plenty of people never tried it

Fuck off reddit

>you gotta get a mod for it to be good
I dont play Bethesda games son

Vode an, user. Vode an.

The first game just feels better. I like how you start out as just a regular person and then find out you're force sensitive and train to be a jedi.

They aren't targeted to little girls.

fair enough

Kill yourself pleb

The Star Forge was better than the Death Star. Prove me wrong

You cant
>hidden
>doesnt have to waste good planets
>shits out fleets at an incredible rate
>automated
Everything you need

Why the fuck isn't Shadows of the Empire canon though?

KOTOR 1 had the greatest area ever: Korriban.

What did KOTOR 2 give me for Korriban? A shithole... an utter shithole. Destroyed with literally NOTHING there. In the headmaster's room there was only that shitty hologram of Bastilla saying, "kek Revan is in outerspace faggot sorry about your luck"

agreed and the race that invented it were pretty cool too

It wasn't the same type of weapon. Malak destroyed Taris without a planet destroying superweapon.

Because the only think fun about that game was Hoth.

>acting like it's hard to mod games in this day and age.
If you have it on steam literally all you have to do is click "subscribe" on whatever mod you want in the workshop. You owe it to yourself to give it another playthrough with the restored content. I first played KotOR II on xbox and had a blast. Heard about the RCM and picked it up and did another playthrough and had an even greater experience.

Has anyone else noted she is also the same witch bitch from the Fable series?

the one cave on Korriban in Kotor II is spooky and cool as fuck though, you know the one

I hated that room with those two monsters. I know there's a lever and you can stand in the doorways but it was still a nailbiter.

Eh, I guess you're right. That was pretty fun. On my first play through many years ago, I was like, "Oh shit! I can go back!" and was disappointed. But yeah, the cave was pretty cool.

>spooky
Fucking 90s born queers

apathy is death

Lies
Next to the piano in Mario64, IG-88 was the scariest thing in video games at the time

>It was some kind of Dark Side being
The new shitty movies will never be this good youtube.com/watch?v=z5xDSZnok4s

I wasn't alone?

fight me pal

Yes revan the man and hk47 what a wacky hilarious jar jar

I use to fap it to bastlia

PURE KINO youtube.com/watch?v=qGCFGM85FFA

how will they explain the "thousand year republic" line from AOTC in nuCanon?

The old canon had the Ruusan Reformation

Made by people who were actually passionate and the dollar came second to them.

Game was shit.

Fan circlejerking and pseudo wannabe fedoras that act edgy and smarter than society, but live in fucking misery.

I played it for about an hour. OOO MYSTERY FETCH QUESTS. Fuck you nerds, seriously just get with it.

>You will never save Sev
>You will never get a sequel the game truly deserves
>You will never own a little figurine model of Delta Squad

The good thing about this is Delta Squad appearing in The Clone Wars which Disney say is cannon so they actually exist in the cannon universe.

There is some solace in that. I don't have much hope of Disney doing them justice though, if they ever decide to continue their story.

>nerds
Where do you think you are?

>pseudo wannabe fedoras that act edgy and smarter than society, but live in fucking misery.
That hit a little too close to home, lad.

How to kill a Jedi? youtube.com/watch?v=UPeI4mX8Nus

Who gives a fuck what disney thinks is cannon?

Who knows what the fuck (((they))) are doing.

They strike all EU material from cannon and say none of it happened yet include Delta Squad in the mix and apparently in Rebels, they brought in old Republic ships like pic related and made mentions of Korriban(((Moraband))) and Malachor V.

>pic

I listen to this and some of Kreia's speeches every year. Maximum comfy. This game was great.

Dave feloni is desperately trying to make Revan era canon. There are unused models of Revan on the cutting room floor he intended to use.

I know exactly what [{(they)}] are doing. They are picking the corpse of the EU and sprinkling it across their new 'canon'.
Dark Forces has been nearly torn apart at this point.
>Jyn Erso = Jan Ors
>Death Star plans are stolen by Jyn and her crew instead of Jan and Kyle
>Kyle is nowhere to be found because he's too alpha and white male even though Kyle and Jan's back and forth would fit perfectly in Disney's quippy style of storytelling.
>Dark Trooper project is in Rebels now
>Really feels like Disney is trying to turn Kanan into the new Kyle Katarn. He even flies the same model of ship as Kyle and Jan's Moldy Crow.

Be glads that Disney will never adapt KOTR.

You know exactly what they would do with it.

make Revan a nigger who fucks a pasty white Bastilla?
I can practically hear the jew hands rubbing from here

>Revan is a girl now
>The Exile is still a girl
>They're lesbians
>Canderous is black now
>Bastila has no flaws
>Malak is a racist now
What else

it's another retreading of the OT but with KOTOR characters

this

>The Exile is still a girl
>still
Wait what

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik

So, why Disney hates the old canon so much?

It's too complicated for them and hurts the brains of their target audience.

too many white males

>nuRaven is black
>Malak is still white

Knights of the Never Gonna be Canon, kys

Whoah, whoah! Are you saying separating the movies from the book canon was a BAD idea? Sup Forums could never admit to that!

>that trainspotting easter egg in the credits
fucking great game

Lucas hired people to write for him, and then those people were fired for questioning him when he got too big for his britches, so he tried doing shit on his own, and found out that he actually sucks at it, unlike videogames, which have to hire writers since it's an integral part of the game, and it just so happens that the writers that did TOR stories actually came up with something pretty good.

Would you watch a movie about Darth Bane?

The one that forced the stupid rule of two? Nah.

One thing I'll always dislike about movies is how short they are. Star Wars is honestly too big for movies to do justice at this point, that and they really aren't doing a good job of building on to the original trilogy.

Might as well just end it and do a full 9 movie set in the old republic.

Sure why not. Hamill did a pretty good job playing Bane's spirit in TCW.