Why did they only pick Dexter, Cow and Chicken and Johnny Bravo? There were so many good cartoons

Why did they only pick Dexter, Cow and Chicken and Johnny Bravo? There were so many good cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GxC0JrBHoYg
youtube.com/watch?v=lxUPYqQ1Lrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think kids are ready for a cartoon made by Ralph Bakshi

He could've done something for adult swim.

You left out Family Guy.

These guys had so much potential, this whole short was bizarre and amazing. I think it might even be the reason why I enjoy horror humor.

Most of the shows on What a Cartoon weren't good enough to warrant a whole series. I mean, they were good shorts, but I can't imagine watching more than one episode of Yuckie Ducky or Shake & Flick. Other than Dexter, PPG, Johnny Bravo and the few others that were picked, I think the only missed oportunities was Mina and The Count(which probably end up being a tamer Billy & Mandy anyway), and Malcom and Melvin, although that's probably just my Bakshi fanboy'ism speaking.

A much superior Billy and Mandy, at that.

Idk. It had as much potential as Johnny Bravo and Cow and Chicken's respective pilots. I mean, "No Smoking" was a pretty shocking episode if you think well.

Yeah, I watched it again just yesterday. The whole pilot being about smoking(with characters actually smoking onscreen), and red guy is simply referring to himself as "the devil" with no sugar coating, I want to say it's surprising it got picked up, but then again, there were some fucked up shows in the 90's.

That and the Courage, the Cowardly Dog's pilot with the aliens turning Eustace into a chicken were the two that most fascinated me as a child.

I actually voted for this one. They had a number you could call.

>Brian was white washed

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That was one of the weakest ones I remember.

You forgot Courage.

What was that one where the guy was having a girl over but he kept hurting himself in horrific ways, including cutting his finger off and passing it off as a carrot

I hate that one

Funny story, apparently that short was banned thanks to the finger scene.

The only thing I remember about this one was me watching with my cousin who had come over and him asking if we could do something other than watch cartoons and that it was boring but I didn't want to do anything else. Kinda made me realize as a kid all I did was watch cartoons and play video games but he was the kind of person that went outside and played sports and stuff, made me feel like shit. Didn't mean I changed at all, just a bad memory.

i voted for yoink of the yukon

Gramps was the best

Uhhhhh

More of the redhead please

>AND THEN THE ALIENS INVADED!

God the scene is burnt into my memory

>Funny story, apparently that short was banned
I don't know where you live, but this was never taken out of rotation ever

like hell

Cartoon Network really needs to bring this back, the channel desperately needs it now.

costs too much money and time. not worth the risk.

>not worth the risk
But shows that do shit for ratings because they don't know if kids will actually like them are?

When I was a kid I was pissed that Cartoon Cartoons never played Robot Jones.

And then I rewatched Robot Jones and little kid me probably would've hated it.

I remember liking this one. Lemme look it up

I remember this being my ultimate my short. I wanted more. The music was pretty rad also.

youtu.be/GxC0JrBHoYg

Having just finished watching this, I see why it wasn't picked up. The cartoon violence was alright but it's dull overall. With music constantly being played in the background, I think it would have actually been funnier if the fly wasn't there and the rat didn't speak. It trying to stay warm in the winter was a fine enough premise on its own.

Kids in the '80s were.
youtube.com/watch?v=lxUPYqQ1Lrs

I remember being confused as a kid why King Crab didn't get picked up. This was long before I knew what pilots were, and it premiered the same night as Courage (which I had actually recognized from the short), so I was under the assumption that King Crab was going to be a full series as well.

That's one I'd rather not remember

Because their creators didn't win that contest in space ghost coast to coast, obviously.

Dont forget the one abouy the guys who look for a remote in the sewage and or something like that.
or the HELP cat.

Proto Gravity Falls?

It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't really all that good either.

>IT WAS JUST ME
>AND THE MULE OUT THERE

>that fucking Indian doctor chick
My dick has never been so hard for something that will definitely never have any R34. Feels bad.

You left out courage.

The powerpuff pilot episode was in this. Man that was so long ago.

Is that the John K's version?

>No tip for being late
>Proceeds to brutally murder the family

Yeah, we can't have a full animated series about a psychopath on Cartoon Network

This and Yoink of the Yukon were the absolute best.

Then again, I might be biased because of Rob and Charlie being in both.

man Billy West used to just take all sorts of random voice work, and it was always awesome to hear him pop up. Now he's so expensive he only voices m&ms

mmph