What the hell are the critics talking about? I thought Suicide Squad was great...

What the hell are the critics talking about? I thought Suicide Squad was great. This is coming from someone who hated Man of Steel and BvS.

seems like they just want the capeshit era to end

>Critics
>Ever going against the zeitgeist of what is popular
>top kek

Nah but seriously there are a few minor but valid flaws like it feels theres been 20 mins bitten right out of act 2, Other then that it was a good film that played its characters well (even if some didnt get to do enough) and perfectly evoked the themes found in Ostranders run.

Then you have bad taste in films. That's just a fact.

I have a co-worker who doesn't read comics who was really excited for this film. When I asked him after he saw it, he said it was meh. I'm taking his word over what critics have to say.

Hate to agree with the critics but it was kind of shit.
It felt like they were trying REALLY hard to have their own GotG.

>Editing so bad that basic things are screwed up like character introductions and plot twists

>Not a single memorable action scene

>awful, blaring pop music without rhyme or reason

>terrible villain

>acts like an edgy, different kind of superhero film but is so safe and generic it has the exact same "blue laser in the sky" ticking clock plot device that so many other cape films have

>terrible handling of the team, it's the Deadshot and Harley show and everyone else is relegated to literally who status

>thanks to the sheer amount chopped out of the film the "ragtag group becomes a family" arc makes no sense since the characters barely interact enough for it to even make the tiniest amount of sense

>Incubus looks like absolute shit

>the Joker/Harley relationship is turned from abusive to some sort of true love Bonnie and Clyde criminal romance, completely misunderstanding the character dynamic so it doesn't offend anybody

>Leto's Joker is either fucking terrible or doesn't have enough screentime to justify the MOM'S GONNA FREAK marketing, take your pick

>everything bad about the film is multiplied by a thusandfold in the third act, where two shit CGi monsters punch each other and the rest of the team fights a Ghostbusters reject in a cloud of smog that makes it almost impossible to follow the action, capped off with a big "we're a family" moment right out of a Fast and the Furious movie that is laughable in how blatantly unearned it is.

Am I missing anything?

>great

What is wrong with you?
Suicide Squad wasn't anywhere remotely close to being great. It was okay, and that was it. If you think it was great, you have shit tastes in movies.

this is honestly a really divisive film to be honest , i think its safe to say a lot of disappointment comes from the trailers advertising a gtog and giving something else entirely.

>what the hell are critic talking about?
Some critics liked it and others didn't, stop acting like they all got together and deliberated a final vote. Aggregate sites are dumb and stop using them to condemn people with a rainbow of opinions. If you're bothered with some critics, then drop names.

""""""reviewers"""""""" are not critics.

reviewers are editors.

critics do not write reviews.

>Editing so bad
Yes
>that basic things are screwed up like character introductions and plot twists
not really
>awful, blaring pop music without rhyme or reason
Of course there was reason to it, it could have been mixed better but there was reason.
>terrible villain
Better then most, certainly more visually intresting.
>acts like an edgy, different kind of superhero film
how does a film "act"?

>terrible handling of the team, it's the Deadshot and Harley show and everyone else is relegated to literally who status
true
>thanks to the sheer amount chopped out of the film the "ragtag group becomes a family" arc makes no sense since the characters barely interact enough for it to even make the tiniest amount of sense
true
>Incubus looks like absolute shit
He was fucking great you mong, have you seen the original incubus?

>Leto's Joker is either fucking terrible or doesn't have enough screentime to justify the MOM'S GONNA FREAK marketing, take your pick
you dont even have you're own opinion so you have no right to really say.
>capped off with a big "we're a family" moment right out of a Fast and the Furious movie that is laughable in how blatantly unearned it is.
After years of prison abuse he probably was more then happy to make some freinds

>Not a single memorable action scene
Dead shot on the car was the best action scene in a DC or Marvel live action to date.

>not really
Deadshot and Harley are given to character introductions for no reason and the big third-act revelation moment where Deadshot and the team find out that Enchantress is the villain is treated like some sort of gigantic plot twist even though we literally saw the "twist" scene earlier in the film.

>Of course there was reason to it, it could have been mixed better but there was reason.
You can't be serious. The movie starts off with like three songs in a row, it's laughable.

>Better then most, certainly more visually interesting.
She has zero personality and even if you want to argue visuals, that goes out the door when she goes from bog witch to having that dumb headresss and bellydancing around.

>He was fucking great you mong, have you seen the original incubus?
I don't give a shit what he looked like in the comics, in the movie he was straight out of Gods of Egypt.

>you dont even have you're own opinion so you have no right to really say.
Because every time I say he sucks there's the inevitable wave of "Well there wasn't enough of him to judge" so take your fucking pick.

>After years of prison abuse he probably was more then happy to make some friends
Not just Diablo, the big Harley moment at the end also has zero justification.

>Dead shot on the car was the best action scene in a DC or Marvel live action to date.
That could have been a cool scene if it wasn't so terribly directed.

Ever considered you're part of the 26% side?

Will Smith shooting mindless zombies really quickly while everyone else watches at short range wasn't even the best fight scene in the movie.

An while we're on the topic, they completely missed the style of Deadshot. He doesn't miss because he doesn't have recoil or other impeding factors, he doesn't miss because he has those things and knows how to counter it. Instead the movie shows Deadshot as an aimbotting Halo player which is completely missing the point.

Here's your (you), 6/10 for actually getting me riled up.

When her brother starts wrecking shit the destruction affects were cool.
She should've kept her grunge form through the whole flick.
Which is funny, when she first showed up in trailers I hated how grimy she was but her clean look was shit.
>happy to make friends
Then show that.
The only one he seemed at all chummy with was with Croc who was shit and that was probably more because they wanted to give them something to do. He spent the whole movie saying "Not my fucking problem" until he was taunted into using his powers then having a heart to heart with the gang that ends with Harley telling him "what did you expect? Of course your family died".
But even before that we're supposed to believe that the Squad care about one another for no real reason, in fact they should probably hate Harley but everyone is sad face when they hear her chopper went down. Her chopper that her boyfriend stole, attacked them with, and then left them to die.

Yeah it was pretty damn good

>>Not a single memorable action scene
The scene with Smithshot picking off mooks in quick succession from atop a car.

El Diablo going Aztec god and fucking up incubus

The movie is awesome.

ehhh. it was alright.
I fell in love with the style and got invested in 1-2 characters.
I expected nothing and was entertained the entire time.

They're sad because Waller got her way. Deadshot doesn't miss because "muhh friend" he misses because "fuck you Waller".

It was pretty good, but that editing was a shame.

I give it a 7/10. A shame, too, because it might have been as good as Batman Returns if Ayer's original vision had been allowed.

>critics go against the opinions of most people
welcome to the world

He wasn't talking about the zombies. He was talking about the scene that showed him as a hitman.

Leto's Joker was one of the best Jokers we've ever had. He was the perfect comics Joker.

It was okay.

It honestly felt like a bargain Avengers. Harley's lines were all shit.

>Leto's Joker was one of the best Jokers we've ever had. He was the perfect comics Joker.

"And I will say this every fucking single time they put out a movie with Joker in it!"

Ledger was a fucking awful Joker though.

Have you ever read a comic?

Ledger was never a good joker.

Its doesnt do anything exceptionally well OP, and they kind of missed the point of The Suicide Squad. And since it was brought up, Deadshots car shootout wasnt that great. There isnt really any tension considering hes just mowing them down like nothing, which is weird because Waller comments "soldiers that can get up after their head is blown off" but whatever. Frankly he needed more trick shots like his first assassination

>He wasn't talking about the zombies.
Yes. He was.

>He was talking about the scene that showed him as a hitman.
He was on a fucking ROOFTOP when he was acting as a hitman, doofus. user referenced:
>Dead shot on the car was the best action scene

I can understand why it would not have impressed them much there were major (major is an understatment really) structural issues but almost every individual scene was great so i dont know why they tore into it so much.

Its especialy odd because this movie was always going to live or die on the characterisation which was mostly fine none of the characters were perfect but they were all at least adequate.

His speaches about how he got the scars were great

>Frankly he needed more trick shots like his first assassination
Yes
Problem is for time you can have either the trickshots or the car scene so its a matter of what's more important.

Assravagered that they're irrelevant as Ghostbusters lack of success proved

I agree

Suicide Squade, like Boondock Saints, are two of the greatest movies ever made that critics unfairly rate badly just because they're both masculine action romps

Lets be fair ghostbusters stratergy was so transparent everybody could see it just because they dont have enough power ti fight that does not mean they have no power.

>Boondock Saints
>good

Go back to your hole Troy Duffy, don't you have more friends to rip off?

I doubt that was the intention but im going to pretend it is because it makes a lot more sense.

Be ready for about 100 posts quoting you to either tell you you're wrong or insult you for actually liking it. I have never seen a movie trigger faggots as much as SS

Same with The Warriors which is seen as a cult classic now was panned by critics atbits release

I felt that it should have taken notes from The Expendables and The A Team and pit it's cast one on one against an enemy super team because that's how you bring out the strength of a team of villains forced into action against their collective will, but otherwise I felt like the first half of setup and said arm twisting was pretty good. If the villain wasn't Enchantress, Waller would have come off as a complete badass as opposed to a partial one.