Product Placement

What's the most off-putting product placement you've seen in tv or film? For me, it's Ferrari in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw
youtu.be/oQYwFND7rHE
youtube.com/watch?v=zlLgQBPzHqc
youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU
youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs
youtube.com/watch?v=tOExhxDoo4k
youtu.be/BHk52vmjLhU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pepsi in that one movie

For me? Its the McChicken

For me its the childraep in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

With a face like that he pretty much had no choice

Who won the fast food wars again?

you know what pisses me off

this dude voiced a character in the old alien encounter ride at walt disney world and because of what happened they rethemed the ride into a lilo and stitch attraction.

granted i think they were wanting to do it anyway, but he gave them the excuse

Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

Kek like anybody knew who wasn't a alien fanboy

Someone post the clip of the Red Dawn remake where they run into a Subway and the guy goes "YOU- SANDWICH ARTIST! FILL THIS BAG WITH HONEY OAT AND PARMESAN OREGANO."

same

Never noticed any, really.

What are you? Some sort of a mentally retarded?

Haha fuck you, that's product placement kino.

>pedophile gets caught
>still gets cast in Deadwood
so I guess according to Hollywood as long as your not Catholic you can do whatever to children

why would Ferrari be product placing what was already a 20 year old car in a teen movie?

Heiniken in Blue Velvet

white castle in harold and kumar go to white castle

shoulda been a generic burger place tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw

>shoulda been a generic burger place tbqh
same goes for Supersize Me

mcdonald's in that michael keaton movie

White Castle is funnier because it's a regional chain that some people might not be familiar with.

Because obviously the average Ferris Bueller fan will go out and buy a 20 year old expensive as fuck Ferrari that is the object of disdain and conflict for one of the starring characters.

I did and so did several of my friends and we all ran over irishmen with them

Does anyone else feel like a refreshing subway sandwich now?

youtu.be/oQYwFND7rHE

This. I remember watching that movie back in high school and thinking it was one of the most blatant, tasteless instances of product placement i'd ever seen to that point.

The entire The Island film.

The worst product placement of all in that movie, though, was the one for Cadillac. When I saw the camera focusing on the hood ornament, I knew I was in for a long, tedious, totally unnecessary car chase scene.

all of the harold and kumars contained an insane amount of product placement

Question: what do you people hate more, obvious product placement, or obvious prop department mockups that turn recognizable products into "Soda Cola" and "Let's Chips!"

youtube.com/watch?v=zlLgQBPzHqc

>We shilled soda together

>James Bond
>Walks up to a bar
>...Orders Heineken.
It was absolutely disgusting, not even a good beer.

>>We shilled soda together
kek

I like it more when films either go all in in creating tons of fake brands or get product placement from a ton of different companies so it's not just one advertisement for one product.

When they get lazy and only have one fake generic brand, or only have product placement from one company, then it's annoying.

>le mcdonulds is le bad
You can't like this movie if you aren't 16

youtube.com/watch?v=8VK7TeW6XKU

It was the fucking 80's, the Ferrari was the end all be all dream car for every mid-life crisis fuckbag and every teenager.

There are audiences, but there is no way they are using the audio from them. They shoot the same scene sever times, in that scene they will be cutting to other people faces, then the best of each of those are going to get cut together and the laughter wouldn't be uniform.

Nice picture faget

The entirety of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This movie was the best comedy of that summer, I laughed all the way through it with my cousin. Based Brad

It must be regional because I can never find it in stores.

PASBT. BLUE. RIBBON.

this movie was literally a Google infomercial

Why are they running past him?

Are zombies super into Pepsi or some shit?

>s.jpg

Okay faggot you could just say you didn't know

>Pepto bismal and Dunkin Donuts
It really ruined Jack and Jill for me

Cause it was so good otherwise

>Remember its not product placement if its a joke.

That wasn't even a real car you mongoloid.

No shit, it's a town filled with pedos.

white castle is the ultimate stoner joint. that and taco bell. but I dont think taco bell has the same ring, and it gets a lot more hate

Is that a screenshot from a YIFY rip?

All the fucking product placement in Breaking Bad. It wasn't enough that they got those damn Chrysler and Dodge cars, but then had the never to show Walter and that dumb kid of his revving them up.

I forgave most of The Soprano's product placement, because I just can't see a guy like Tony drinking generic orange juice or soda.

It's a joke autismo.

James Bond drinking a Heineken instead of hard liquor

adulthood is realizing that for me it's the mcchicken

This movie man

I thought it was some made up place. Its real?
t: eurofag

also when he buys AJ a car and mentions Nissans 5 point safety plan or whatever. Could be Tony just repeating what the salesman told him, he does that a lot, like "I know seniors that are inspired"

how about some product placement kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs

It is.

I Robot
converse, audi w/e

OP is a faggot.
That ferrari is a Chekov's gun. It is important to the movie. It could be any car, but they made a deal to put a Ferrari in there.

Real shit product placement is just there for no reason, or barely any reason.

Ford Mustang in Transformers...

This is probably one of the best uses of product placement though

>intentional jpeg artifact filter dot info

he only tried to get a kid to his house so he could take pics. he didnt rape anybody (that anyone knows about) :/

its weird that deadwood was shooting at the time. i've always enjoyed his performances.

why the fuck do zombies like pepsi

you can probably get them. my family used to buy the frozen ones all the time. hint: they are not good at all

>why the fuck do zombies like pepsi
anyone with a brain would be drinking coke

ZING

well played

Isn't it supposed to be a Camaro ?

Michael Bay might be the most honest product placer.

I can't even think of a more generic burger place than white castle.

True but they predate even McDonalds.

this shit was absolutely ridiculous

Product placement for a 30 year old car.. You really are incredibly stupid.

Honestly from that picture, I am more put off by the product placement for Red Wings Hockey.

I don't mind product placement in a movie or television show if it feels organic. Sometimes, an off brand fake feels strange and draws you out of the suspension of disbelief.

But, there are some absolutely strange choices too. Like in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. A Dairy Queen is promptly shown blowing up with everyone inside presumably killed in a horrific fashion.

I understand that they were trying frame a point of reference for the audience to understand the link between that scene and the beginning of the movie. But, still, you would think you wouldn't want your brand associated with death/destruction.

you are like little babies
just try to watch this without throwing up, i dare you

youtube.com/watch?v=tOExhxDoo4k

Holy fuck mom SUVs infuriate me. That thing had like 15cm of clearance.

youtu.be/BHk52vmjLhU
Kino

Just came up with a little ditty about this whole dealio.

Ferris and the Ferrari
Zoom zoom it's a Ferrari

Stopped there because it wasn't going well and I think I need to retool at concept level. Feedback appreciated.