What's the worst comic you've ever read?

What's the worst comic you've ever read?

Pic fucking related for me

OMD.

I still have no idea why i read it.

Entry level bad.

US War machine 2.0 wins every time.

War Machine is bad but at least it's hilariously bad.

An edge of spiderverse issue that had an horror cover. I think it said "I dated a spider".
Worst comic no doubt.
Some new Marvel xmen comics are also terrible for me, but mostly because I miss the old days

>An edge of spiderverse issue that had an horror cover. I think it said "I dated a spider".
>Worst comic no doubt.
That issue was fucking great you pleb.

I don't know, OP has a good one to me. Lava vagina and drugs made of children is hard to beat

Don't forget having their first story ending with them killing Ryan Choi and stuffing him in a matchbox for shock value

The Clone Saga and basically all of modern Marvel.

"I can take you to the microverse!"

>instead of leaving him there, somehow Slade enlarges them both or some shit.

>also, Choi shrinks beyond sight. Slade somehow hits him with a light beam a cm wide with barely a reference point.

The worst I've ever read outside of storytimes of pain

Ultimatum. I'm a big DC fan and my little bro is a big Marvel fan, he got Ultimatum when it came out and he had to sleep in my bed with me because of the moment were The Blob ate Wasp and Ant Man ate Blob. After that I read it and it was horseshit

>inb4 incest

this whole series and it's follow up. First comic that actually made me chimp out with nerd rage.

and yes Im still mad.

Slott's a cunt

I keep hearing thomasi is a decent writer but this left a very shitty taste in my mouth. not sure if he was to blame, but this jumped all over the place and had literally nothing to do with the game

he always has been

Yeah this was pretty shit
Injustice year 4 is equally bad

OP is bad, but Warmachine had Doom get killed by one shot from Hawkeye.
And that was one of the better moments.

Earth 2 World's End

might not technically be the absolute worst, but the way it literally ruined an entire potential franchise, ruined everything good the book used to be, was just horribly written/plotted/paced, just terribly put together overall, had garbage art 90% of the time

that shit was painful

I feel like Marville, Trouble and Girls are enjoyable now that I can read it in storytime of pain threads and suffer with everyone else.

But this? This will never be okay.

Scott Pilgrim.

This shit right here.. a shitty follow up to my favorite run of Batman

World's End is worse than Countdown.
THERE I SAID IT.

Countdown at least had Piper and some genuinely funny moments like Mary whacking Donna with Kyle even if they weren't supposed to be funny.
World's End had nothing but pain and misery.

A vast majority of Ultimate Fantastic Four was hot garbage.

That's some shit taste you got there user

Deadly Genesis is the worst X-Men comic ever published. At least you can attribute Austen's bullshit to incompetence. There's no defending something so cynical and hacky while shitting all over Giant Size #1 and doing so much damage to Xavier as a character that it took Mike Carey having to write an entire series dedicated to at least partially fixing him.

It gave the world an awful character like Vulcan, a character so bad and "LOL I'M SO POWERFUL" that he was killed off two or three years later while simultaneously wrapping up a plot point from 10 years earlier people had stopped caring about in the way anybody who did care didn't actually want. Killing Banshee, one of my absolute favorite X-Men, in such a stupid way is kind of the last straw.

And to top it off, Bru's subsequent Uncanny run is one of the most insultingly boring comics ever put out capped off by a long Shi'ar story that did nothing except strand Havok and Polaris in space and temporarily strand Rachel with a shitty character like Korvus and his Final Fantasy sword powered by the Phoenix Force.

i liked it but i could see the problems it had

You posted it. I get furious just thinking about it.

What was so bad about this?
That entire run was just an excuse for Sladewank and for Titans to be "Dark and edgy" and it was so fucking bad. Lobdell's Titans were better than this

It had good moments, but as a complete story it was an utter failure

Atom's Convergence tie-in makes it all better, though.

It pisses me off so much I refuse to call it a Titans book. I'm surprised neither Weekend of Pain touched it

Well it's not technically a comic but it was pretty bad

>What's the worst comic you've ever read?
This was the first time I remember reading something that legitimately made me rage. I'd read things before that I didn't *like* or that I dropped because, "meh"; but this series made me want to track down the author and punch him in the dick.

Between this and how poorly he ended the old Harley Quinn series I've avoided anything with his name on it since then

Except for the CW's Arrow ... because I had no IDEA he was involved! Would have saved me from starting the show and suffering through season 3 before giving up if I had.

Yeah, Uncle Guggie is pretty awful. Sorry you had to find out like that.

I hated this too because this where the Xavier witch hunt really began.

Yeah he always had his dark secrets but after this anytime someone wanted to make another X-leader look good they had to invent some new HORRIBLE SIN for Charles. Oh he got a team killed, oh he was keeping a living computer prisoner. So on so forth.

I can't even remember why.

isn't that the one where batman resucitates joker after dick kills him

dick almost tried to kill him, tho thats nothing special

What exactly was so bad about that run?

this. i have read worse written comics but this or avengers arena are the only comics to piss me off

Drugs... made of children?

Nemesis was pretty fucking bad.

Unfunnies was worse although I never finished it for obvious reasons

Yes. And then Deathstroke drugs Roy and Cheshire with the child drugs so they have sex. While he watched from a hidden camera

Sheer incompetence. Guggenheim's OCs (Greymalkin and Ink) were terrible, especially Ink. The plot is nonsensical... it's just shit.

Probably picrel. I don't know when or why Jason Aaron became such a shitty author

I will say, and this is less to do with Titans than the characters in general, I like that Roy and Cheshire are a couple who genuinely love each other but this never led to Cheshire being redeemed. She's still a murderous cunt.

>lol OP used "Storytime of pain" in the title of a storytime about a sub-par X-Men comics
>haha, i'll just take a look for the hell of it
>oh
>oh god what
>dear god no
That comic ruined my fucking day, holy shit. And I'm not even that one user who I remember commented that that comic ruined his fucking day.

Can't say I didn't warn you all.
Hopefully other user went and read Flintstones to cheer up.

Got the whole run from the quarter bin.

I couldn't get through the first issue.

>>lol OP used "Storytime of pain" in the title of a storytime about a sub-par X-Men comic but he forgot to mention "All-Hopeless"
ftfy

Somebody posted a few issues from it, but you need to read the whole thing to appreciate the awfulness. I don't blame them for not posting the whole thing though, it's kind of long.

yeah a lot of those books just had really harsh page lay out

Countdown
The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xaiver
Ultimates 3

HOLY SHIT WTF ROY
He saves a child that was used to make drugs and then wonders what the drug tastes like.

Bliss is a hell of a drug

>saves a child
Kid's dead, man.

Ah Hopeless. He name accurately describes how good of a writer he is and the feeling his leaves his reader.

He's like Bendis, except Bendis wrote some good stories, before he got his head stuck up his ass and convinced himself that 616 was the same as the Ultimate Universe and that he should let Jessica Jones and the story of Alias be canon in the main universe..

At least the art was cool

Came here to post these answers.

>What was so bad about this?
Everything ;)

Well, the art was nice, but it felt so utterly pointless. The main series is basically Bendis' dialogue in long, overdrawn pictures. At the beginning there's that shocking "relevation", than it's a lot of back and forth (with timelines, this time) and in the end nothing substanial happened. I know, most big events feel kinda pointless, but Age of Ultron made them feel extremly relevant by comparison.

Also it suffered from Bendis' IMHO worst flaw. I don't even know how describe it.You know a good rule of storytelling is "Show, don't tell". Bendis' doesn't show, and doesn't really tell. Instead of telling he relies on us, beliving in an characters opinion (that felt like he just pulled somthing out of his ass). Kinda like when Luke Cage in New Avengers says "Sure, we had a bazillion Skrull Invasions, but this ones for real". Age of Ultron was full of this bullshit. From Wolverine getting the idée fixe to kill Pym, to the alternate timelines created being worse than the other ones, we have to take the characters opinions for it, instead of seeing it. In the end it's "now we've broken time, this time's for real". Yeah. Sure.

I mean, I liked the following "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire". X-Men in Space for the win, but Deadly Genesis!? That just pointlessly killed Banshee and shat over Xavier. Deadly genesis was really utter crap.

That and Undercover together are truly up there in terms of how bad they are. Possibly in the top 10 or 20 worst comics out there.

Shit taste.

I was going to post exactly this.

I own this.

Still think this is worse.

Can somebody sum up why this is so terrible?

This will never not make me angry

Marc Guggenheim is bad enough that he should leave his job as a comic book writer.