Question: Is the 'the light and the way' quote on his costume and rifle ever explained in the film?

Question: Is the 'the light and the way' quote on his costume and rifle ever explained in the film?

he likes jesus i guess

"the light, the way"
He uses laser lights to kill people

Does it need to be?

No, but can't I ask? There's a reason it's there, just wondering if it's brought up in the film.

Everything needs to be explicit stated to the audience, or else, how can we be sure what the movie means.

he's shown to be christian, likely relates to his faith

Now what about the religious connotations of Joker's tattoo?

Sweet. Does he only kill 'bad guys'?

There are none but there is a dead robin.

We only see him kill a mobster for another mobster, so as far as we know he only kills "bad guys", but he kills bad guys for bad guys

That's not the only religious quote on his costume and it's not the only religious quote in his dialogue, it's a big part of his character.

THIS

I legitimately can't believe that people think BvS is a bad movie when all the symbolism is right there

Could be a pun referring to laser sights and the optics on his eyepiece

Unfortunately yes

Symbolism alone doesn't make a good movie.

Yeah and only men, not women or children.

He just said he doesn't kill women and children.
His debut was him killing a guy who was going to the police.

There was like one line where he talked about being the wrath of God but I think that was it

which isn't really what the verse is....

Because no one wanted a deconstruction of power or examination of the superhero genre as religious commentary. Everyone wanted a movie about a man who dresses up as a bat and an alien that can fly fighting crime together.

>fighting crime together
>vs in the title

don't pretend to speak for the masses then get it this wrong

his original comics origin was basically a guy thinking Batman wasn't going hard enough against criminals and went all "punisher" until Batman put a stop to it, until later they changed it to make him a bit more of a merc.

Hey, it worked for Leon.

Why even give him the target if it's going to be over his shoulder?

I remember he threatened the wrath of God on one of the guards at the beginning, but it feels like they weren't so sure about that particular characterization so they kinda just left it.

No it didn't it got him killed

is it a quote? it's not a direct quote of a biblical passage like seems to think, though it's reminiscent of John 14:6

presumably it's just meant to be a cheap way of pointing out that he's the evil Batman - no powers, trains hard, black, in prison for doing what he does instead of a billionaire, not the night

Leon wasn't killed by a woman or child, he was mortally wounded by the NYPD and killed by the large explosion he set off to kill them

but he got to cuddle with NatNat so it was worth it

Deadshot isn't supposed to be Leon.

That's so sexist.

In the opening he kills a guy who was going to give mob info to the police.

Ayer's ''writing on bodies/costumes'' fetish

Because it was bad symbolism
Except the bit in the church that was nice

Does he do that a lot

Dreams of killing the bat, so no he's a parasite that kills for money

Symbolism by itself doesn't make a movie good. Specially when it's blatant, pandering symbolism on top of a trainwreck of a movie.