Hundreds of bongs and argies killed each other over this worthless rock

>hundreds of bongs and argies killed each other over this worthless rock
Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0OHA8m_ak
cnn.com/2013/06/14/world/asia/nepal-gurkha-falklands-war/index.html
infobae.com/politica/2018/02/09/argentina-y-gran-bretana-avanzan-en-un-acuerdo-para-que-haya-vuelos-buenos-aires-malvinas/
youtu.be/GAn5i8q36wA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oil and penguins

It was just an empire bro

Wh*tes are savages

I think only thirty brits died in the Falkland Wars or something

Why don't they pant trees or something there?

inland*
many more brits died in the sea and at airfights

>Be Latino
>dad is SUPER pro-Malnivas Son Argentinas
>really anti-Anglo/Pro-Hispanosphere
>Says they should be Argentina's because they are closer and Britain should give back Gibraltar
>Remind him Spain has 2 cities in Africa
>Shuts right up

God save the Queen

because they are british citizens living on british land and the argies invaded it

Try 255.
That's the reason it'll never be Argie within my lifetime. I grew up with two lads whos Dads legs were blown off, and another who's Dad was straight up KIA.

Was all political BS though. Argentines didn't deserve the economic decimation to follow, and nor did we, frankly.

they were illegally occupying disputed territory...
i mean disputed until you won that war. now it's settled by iron and blood

invaded sovereign british territory

God bless the USA!
The territorial integrity claims are complete BS since we were the first to settle the Patagonia even (with a prefab building built in Stanley no-less!)

just wanna ask you something
please rename them to "Malloween islands" and never give them away, just to butthurt argies
they even kinda have mallow leaf shape

I don't want to butthurt Argies though
Unless it's my BsAs waifu :3
I'll forward your request to the foreign office for consideration.

>Britain had to make a stand or other little British territories would be asking to get invaded
>Falklands sits over oil
>Guards Britain's claim on part of Antarctica.

>noncountries feel the need to throw tantrums over territory because hurr it's closer it should be ours durrr
That's the worst argument someone could use.

I never cared about this s*it but during the whole Catalonia bs my Mexican co-worker asked me if it was the same as the Maldavinas situation.

Brits wanted to pretend they still had the empire

red pill me on that war. did we fight alongside the brits?

>we
AFAIR you only showed """"deep concern"""
the war was strictly Argentina vs British Commonwealth (+ French missiles)

the economic decimation was going to happen
in fact, it was the reason the military junta went to war, to try and save face and distract the people from both the economic fuckery and the increasingly evident shady activities the government was carrying
legend says our intelligence informed the Junta that the UK, as the sick man of Europe at the time, was cutting defense spending, selling ships, and a couple other things, along with a supposed proposal from the UK to "sell" the islands 10 years prior to the war, the Junta just assumed the UK would say "fuck it, keep it"

Argentina was about to kick out their junta, so they invaded the islands to get popular, Tatchet was extremely unpopular at the moment and saw the war as a chance to save herself.

The war was terrible m8.

what about non british from the commonwealth?

You chat breeze (read: shit)
It had a great morale effect, not only upon these Isles, but R*ssia too, and the only reason we had "blue sea" capabilities anyway was because of our DESIGNATED role within NATO (anti-sub activity within North Atlantic)

TL:DR Commies BTFO, and Antarctica son Ingles!

Oil

That he has those beliefs while having immigrated from a Hispanic country to live in an Anglo country, is exactly the mentality that has caused everyone here to be done and over with spics being here.

well my father had all the argie magazines from that time
they complained UK used gurkha battalions while every argie combatant was a national
you know how propaganda is

>w-we still got it guys
Empire Remaining: 2%

Hmm yes. You had bad intelligence though. One of the carriers we used to BTFO (You) was already sold to the Aussies, pending completion. If you'd waited a few months longer.... My point was Maggie was also putting grim economic conditions against us, giving her the same boost your Junta had. The difference is we won. And therefore Maggies economic policies are still being felt throughout the entire world. Sad! (For all of us)

3:40

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb0OHA8m_ak

Sun still ain't set.

>Arg*ntina
>Have a beautiful forest-country
>Invade wind-swept shithole Island of Limey sheep-farmers because you are a retarded asshole
I wish they dropped a few bombs on Argentine cities to send a message desu

interesting. never heard of them but here you go
cnn.com/2013/06/14/world/asia/nepal-gurkha-falklands-war/index.html

Typical American, wanting to bomb civilians because you don't agree with their politician's point of view.

callate bobo

The Gurkas role is kinda funny.
They deployed but by the time they were there the Union Flag was already flying over Stanley. Yet Argie conspiracy theories say that 1200 of them died or something there.

Argie pilots were badass. So were your fighters. Let down by your command desu. You should have routed us.

>british citizens
no until the war ended actually lel

>not a shot fired
I have nothing but respect for the Gurkas. But they signed up for it. They are literal mercenaries and have been since the 1800s.
Yet Joanna Lumley decided they were worthy of citizenship suddenly, and you see these shitskins walking round a town near me in their fucking shitskin slippers... Making people that lived there all their life feel uncomfortable. They *claps* signed *claps* up *claps* for *claps* it *claps.

>Despite initiating the war, Argentina had not prepared a plan for the subsequent defence of the islands. The military dictatorship that governed the country at the time regarded the seizure of the Falklands as a political act to obtain a diplomatic bargaining position, and not as an act of war.
geez we just wanted to talk why did you guys sperg out

Proofs?
Wanna see some sourced Argie shit about the war. Don't care if it's in spic. Dog bless da Goog.

just look it up yourself on the anglo sources, they weren't full british citizens

Oh right, that's what we call "changing the goal posts"
Yeah no, you're right, Falklanders weren't truly British till after the war. But as far as the Falklanders being British goes, well, we fucked over other BOT (British overseas territories) much harder. You are kinda right. But the implication was that THEY WOZ ARGIES. Protip: even the Argies on the islands voted to stay British.

>THEY WOZ ARGIES
never said that that or implied that.
>even the Argies on the islands voted to stay British.
i dont know about that, but is like you ask "israelies" if they want to remember as a sovereign state, why would islander vote no?

>see this
infobae.com/politica/2018/02/09/argentina-y-gran-bretana-avanzan-en-un-acuerdo-para-que-haya-vuelos-buenos-aires-malvinas/
>expect a sober discussion and maybe rejection to baseless jingoism
>comments full of meme arguments and shitflinging
I think the government managed to genetically imprint some autism into the population regarding the Falklands

Well, none of us, British or Spanish, are like Israelis, there were NO native peoples on the islands to displace in the first place. This is wholly an English / Spanish beef.

There are Argie descendants on the island from my understanding. They'd just rather be British. As I said, you speak half truths, yes they weren't "British" in terms of passport, but the Chago islands (fuck Britain) aren't comparable with the Falklands (go Britain)

>infobae.com/politica/2018/02/09/argentina-y-gran-bretana-avanzan-en-un-acuerdo-para-que-haya-vuelos-buenos-aires-malvinas/
fugg that sounds good lad :3

felt like a nice way to leave the dumb patriotism behind and start working with the UK instead of against it, but the comments at the end made me realize we're still a long way to go tbqh

>he actually reads the comment section of infobae

your life must be pretty sad to waste your time like that

Ha, well the comments don't translate for some reason, and my Spanish is still very poor. (I want to learn it.)

Macri is better than the previous witch, from a British perspective, but seems like more of a globalist cunt. It's the rot in your education system.. Peronism/Marxism.. That is the big problem here. There's no easy way to talk around a war, or 60 years of education that teaches you it's your rightful clay.

I think Argies and Brits would be good friends if we're talking mano a mano.

or hombre a hombre
sounded good though. I blame hip hop.

(No replies)
I still love Ahh-hen-tina though.
Goodnight you beautiful people.

I graduated 4 years ago and i can assure you everyone in my class laughed their asses every time one of our teachers came spewing the "malvinas argentinas" tantrum.

>mfw thatcher threatened to nuke buenos aires

because foreigners tried to force their will on British subjects, why else?

no sovereign nation could let that come to pass without resistance and still maintain its mandate of trust from the public.

>American education

Respect your dad ungrateful leaf, don't give him the reason, but don't make fun of him in internet.

THANKS GOD WE LOSED THAT FUCKING WAR, FALKLANDS, YES, FALKLANDS ARE BETTER WITHOUT US... JUST LOOK OUR COUNTRY, WE CAN IMPROVE THE NORTH!.

FALKLANDS ARE RIGHTFUL BRITISH CLAY.

/thread

kek, she wanted ZA to be white, too.
/ourgal/ confirmed? O wait, no, she screwed over everybody, everywhere on earth.

*lost

Nice man. Gives me hope. Good night!

KEK she's still p cute. Just noticed the Maggie photo. KEK.

Literally Crimea invasion tier

how much would the britto-brittanics sell Bermuda to us or Canada for?

The Untied Statez was conflicted because of its self appointed role as Protector / Molestor of the Western Hemisphere States. The Monroe Doctrine crafted by an early president says the US will defend western hempispore nashunz against Yuropeen Azncatgirl or BlackAttacks.

The problem was that the USA!USA!USA! was allied with the U.K. in NATO, a mutual fwb nuclear deal since WW2, the AusCanNZUKUSA mutual security fwb group (5-eyes), and a development deal with Tesco that would bring retail sales to Antarctica by 1990.

So- the USA pretended to be Neutral while providing some extra jet FUEL to the Royal Navy's Harriers (a ducted VSTOL or VTOL jet fighter bomber).

The U.K. used their aging nuclear capable bomber planes via an Amazing in flight refueling scheme of several layers in depth to allow the planes designed to bomb Moscow or east Germany to reach the Falklands and put a sizable conventional weapons caused crater in the islands one and only runway.

We officially sat n watched but helped the harriers do lots of extra sorties.

A song of that era was funny

Oh Argentina,
Why you so Mean'a?
Why you take 'de Falklands away?

Margaret Thatcher,
She dispatch'er,
Royal Navy to get you, José!

This song is Impossibru to find

No you were about to give the islands to Argentina actually

But those cities are way closer to Spain, What do you mean?

Cuba and Puerto Rico?

hope you guys can sort things out satisfactorily

When did the USA possess the Falklands? To my knowledge we've never had a war with Argentina and the Spanish American War never reached that far south. Not to mention they weren't Spanish by then.

You also supplied intel, sidwinders (ahead of schedule from your own arsenal) and offered a carrier group should ours have been sunk. I don't know if it was just a Reagen/Thatcher thing but you offered plenty of stuff off the books.

We can trade you Bermuda and the BVI for the southeast 1/3 of Cuba and PR.

We know how to rewire windy islands so if you give up and let us have PR we can teach them English and how to make a good curry.

We get the shiite part of Cuba because we need a place to practice amphibious landings and bombing little brown people again just in case we have to retake the Channel Islands from Eritreans that gave up trying to walk the Chunnel.

Hahaha my vpn is in America lol how weird, it's usually in NZ

Anglosphere > SpanishMuttOSphere

The UKs economy grew though
>inb4 inbred northern crying about the mines
Yep inbred northern

Jesus Christ the brits in this thread are all underage working class scum

Argie anons please ignore there posts

top kek

>Why?

Argies
>Muh junta

UK
>Muh empire and muh thatcher

> Argentina
The dictatorship was becoming more and more hated by the minute. They believed that a war would rally the nation together and the system would survive. Since Great Britain was located on the other side of the world and that British outpost symbolised European imperialism, Argentinian dictators thought it would be a brief occupation that would be solved with diplomacy, with the support of all American nations. They were wrong, Britain sent the guns and Chile shat on muh Latin American brotherhood.

> UK
Thatcher had dismantled the British welfare state in a record time and British workers were fed up with the neoliberal paradigm that had been born. The war gave her the perfect excuse to rally national support and rise as the defender of the fatherland. Besides, if the UK had simply given up, this would have given other people the motivation to destroy the rest of the imperial remnant - Gibraltar, Akrotiri/Dhelekia, Caribbean islands, etc. Also, the IRA lads were being extraordinary assholes in those times and a British show of weakness in Malvinas would have changed history at home.

If you understand Spanish, here is a very interesting documentary by Michael Robinson about the experience of Argentinian footballers in English teams during the Falklands war, which overlapped with the 1982 world cup: youtu.be/GAn5i8q36wA

I met a veteran of the British navy who hated Thatcher with a passion for, in his words, sending his comrades to die for no reason. I also know an Argentinian student whose uncle was sent to the war and survived. He was doing the military service when the sergeant told these 18-year-old conscripts who were convinced they were in a boring military drill: "lads, we're at war". Imagine that situation.

>there

you almost had it