Hey Arnold getting revived with The Jungle Movie

>Hey Arnold getting revived with The Jungle Movie
>Rocko's Modern Life is getting revived with an one hour long special
>Although not a Nicktoon, The Legends of the Hidden Temple is getting revived with a TV Movie

Well since Nickeledeon is going full on reviving all their classic Nicktoons. Which Nicktoon do you think is coming back next? I bet money it's either Rugrats or Invader Zim.

Also, how do you feel about Nick reviving a lot of their classic shows? Personally, I love it. They are getting all the original creators to come back to their works which shows they are at least trying to make an effort instead of just ruining legacies like how Cartoon Network did with Teen Titans and Powerpuff Girls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ufv-SWoxWk
youtube.com/watch?v=7vz2Gm6KcZk
youtube.com/watch?v=RAhEnzR_z2A
strawpoll.me/10980905/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/08/12/thursday-cable-ratings-august-11-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember this post. It will be shit.

How? Nick got back Craig Barlett for Hey Arnold and Joe Murray for Rocko. That alone shows they are at least trying. CN didn't even bother bringing back the original crew for Teen Titans and Powerpuff Girls and pretty much gave the biggest fuck you to the fans

God i hope it's going to be good, at least once. There is so much shitty reboots and remakes holy fuck. Getting really good one is like winning the lottery.

So what. They will rape it anyway.
I mean look at what happened to many cartoons that still have "the same management". Fairly odd parents went from mediocerly good to shit as fuck.
They will mess it up. And they will do it on purpose because they think the people are stupid.

If John K wasn't a complete asshole and didn't burn every single bridge he had with Nick, Ren and Stimpy would 100% come back. Too bad he fucked it up for himself with that monster ego he has

And you think they'll magically bring back hand drawn and hand colored animation too? It will be the same modern cel shaded digital we get now. It wont have any of that "wacky zany" 90s charm the originals did

look at spongebob, even if they stopped at season 3 and restarted it in season 10, the animation wouldve been what we have now, and not the handcolored works of season 3.

good intentions but poor execution

>I mean look at what happened to many cartoons that still have "the same management". Fairly odd parents went from mediocerly good to shit as fuck.

FOP got a new writing staff. Pretty much every writer that made the show good left once the baby showed up

Hey Arnold captured an atmosphere that just doesnt exist anymore

Whatever it is that they're making is going to be shit. But we already know that.

This is the voice of a broken man

Also, for any of you guys who want that Hey arnold urban jazz feels, check out Brecker Brothers, they did some goof jazz-fusion albums in the early 90s that are in the same tone as the Jim Lang pieces.

examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ufv-SWoxWk
youtube.com/watch?v=7vz2Gm6KcZk
youtube.com/watch?v=RAhEnzR_z2A

>Gerald has a cross between Kid from Kid n Play's high top face and Bobby Brown's gumby

Why is Sup Forums acting so much like Sup Forums now? I mean, whenever a new game gets announced, Sup Forums automatically says it be shit and act all jaded and cynical as fuck. This place use to be so positive, happy and loved to talk about cartoons but now, everybody says it will automatically be shit

>check out Brecker Brothers

Thanks for sharing that. Really did come close to the Hey Arnold vibe.

Crash course in SpongeBob's animation
Season 1 was handcolored
Season 2-3 were hand drawn, then colored using Windows 95 or some shit
Season 4-5 had concept sketches that were then drawn up on computers
Season 6-8 were the first to use tablets and be completely digital
Season 9-10 are the same but in HD.

>media shoves pointless remakes, reboots, and "continuations" of shows on us for years
>95% of them are shit
>wonders why people arent positive about a 20 year old show getting continued

H-how did you know.

This is perfect. Like really perfect. The character designs look so faithful to the original. They could have easily fucked everything up and modernized it but they stayed true to their roots. I'm actually hyped

Theres something wrong with new Gerald but I cant quite put my finger on it

Well you know the answer. It's because people got hurt a lot last years. It's better not be existed for anything, at least you not going to be upset in the end or if its turn out to be good, you are going to be genuinely happy about it.

honestly I blame a lot of Sup Forums's resident posters moving to other boards over the years as things deteriorated over there(similar thing with Sup Forums posters coming over here as well) leading to the bitter atmosphere that's enshrouded Sup Forums the last year or two

Sup Forums is love is a meme

Sup Forums has always been hate

Well he tainted Ren and Stimpy with the adult rated new episodes, now Nick probably won't touch it ever again to avoid kids trying to look up Ren and Stimpy and finding those ones instead

>The new avatar series will be great!
>Thundercats looks amazing!

nah I been on Sup Forums for a few years and this place really has gone downhill. It was a nice, happy and peaceful place but now it's a cesspool of anger and hate

It was us user. We did this to ourselves with the MLP exodus

Thats how it works here friend

You come here, you see it as a happier place then the other ghettos of Sup Forums

But after a few years......

Why u a bitch?

>Why won't you eat up the same pile of shit that I'm eating up?! What is wrong with you people!!

Let me give you a run down as to why remakes are made.
>Shitty directors/artists feel the need to make something
>All their original ideas are shit or have a high chance of failing
>They decide maybe with a blessing of someone who owns a well loved IP, they could make another story of a world that is already established because that is 80% of the work
>But being asshole "modern" artists they decide that doing another episode of something is lame and so lame, they have to change big points of the world to make it "their own" and "bring their vision to life" so they can be controversial and turn heads
>In the end all you get is a raped IP of a once loved world/story because some ass hat in hollywood couldn't handle even doing a simple continuation of a story correctly.

The only reason this hey arnold one might be good is because craig is manning the lead role of the project and can give it the same vision he created for this world and not break the characters. He doesn't need to ask "Well, what would this character do?" when he made them, he knows.

We are in an era of lazy animation, and lazy creation. And nick realized all their cartoons aren't hitting and they are desperate to revive their cartoon department after running spongebob/FoP into the ground with no effort to build a saftey net when their popularity died.

Nostalgia is a shit reason to revive an IP.

What was the last good Nicktoon? Vote and decide.

strawpoll.me/10980905/

Korra wasn't bad. You just wanted it to surpass Avatar the Last Airbender and it didn't. It's not a masterpiece like ATLA was sure but it was still a good show

>it was still a good show
You have to stop lying to yourself one day user

I was dissapointed too.
I never finished it but it was too hectic and everybody was a piece of shit. Didn't like it but it wasn't low quality like you say it was animated very well.
It just wasn't at the same fun level as Avatar was.

Where the fuck is Harvey Beaks or The Loud House? Both those Nicktoons are great

Christ, let me guess you came 2010ish? The board was peaceful.because there wasn't much to fucking talk about, you dumbass. This is finally getting fun again and you want it to go back to comatose Vicodin dreams.

Nice projection of your personal feeling towards reboots. The story was unfinished and the creator already had this laid out years ago, nostalgia might be what is driving financiers for the green light but it's not that alone.

It was bad.

Book 2 ATLA > Book 3 LoK > Book 3 ATLA > Book 4 LoK > Book 1 LoK > Book 2 LoK > Book 1 ATLA

Totally want them to do As Told by Ginger, or Rocket Power

Tito's VA died

>common sense and not being fooled twice=being cynical
Im sorry that people can wise up and can see a bad idea from a mile away.

Aw, that sucks

Or, The Wild Thornberry's would probably be good too.

Isn't Nigel's voice actor knocking on death's doorstep?

>Korra
>Thundercats
>Teen Titans Go
>Powerpuff Girls
>Ben 10 the Reboot of the Reboot

>Spongebob is still the biggest show on cable tv
>Loud House and Alvin reboot ratings are shitting on every show from CN and Disney
You know that there are people at Viacom who do statistics and shit, right? Why every faggot thinks he's an expert on every topic even tho he can't even Google?

I don't know, geez, who isn't almost dying, or already dead?

>Spongebob is still the biggest show on cable tv

I don't even have to google this to know you are wrong. But alright keep sucking that viacom cock bud, I'm sure it might be tasty, don't forgot to give that pedophile schinder his reach around too.

SpongeBob repeats are on Nielsen Ratings Top every single day from 2 to 8 times. Name one cable show that repeated that well for 10+ years?

I don't think nobody from Rocko's Modern Life is dead yet.

>Chuckie and Grandpa Lou's VA are both dead
>Bebe Bluff from Doug is dead
>Oskar from Hey Arnold is dead

>no Lila

JUST

>SpongeBob repeats are on Nielsen Ratings Top every single day
>single day

Yeah, You can go fuck off now, took me two fucking seconds to debunk your garbage. Spongebob isn't the top because not every god damn adult in the USA is swooning to watch spongebob like you are.

So instead of just stating baseless garbage show me some proof of these dumb ass claims. After all, these viacom assholes have done all the statistics, you must have them on hand, or are you just making garbage up that some retard told you that they saw?

Are you on crack? I was talking about the top 100, obviously Spongebob repeats will not beat new episodes of big cable series. I never even liked SpongeBob, but it's huge. What other cable show had such a succesful theatrical release? Sex and the City?
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/08/12/thursday-cable-ratings-august-11-2016/
Find me at least one day in the last 7 years that did not had at least one SpongeBob repeat in the top

Was Kappa Mikey actually good? I might try to watch it one of these days somehow. Back then the contrast between the character designs kind of made me sick.

>top 100

And I bet I can find family guy on that same list as much as spongebob if not a few years less.

>bubble guppies beat spongebob's highest hit for that day.

My god, you really set that bar really fucking low there bucko, I could name a handfull of cartoons that would end up on this list, there is a reason spongebob has 10 seasons. Spongebob has always been rerun filler garbage. Also with so many god damn slots to air on, it would be amazing if spongebob didn't show up once a day at least with how much they air it. If they aired it that much and didn't pull in as many viewers to make TOP 100, someone would be fired.

So congrats? You set an awfully low bar and it surpassed it, that's not a good show though. It isn't even the biggest cable tv show. There are a lot more bigger cable tv shows than this. Family guy can surpass it on a daily basis.

Still a dying giant, and this doesn't change anything, it's just that nick decided to run this cartoon until people liked it, while CN takes theirs out to the pasture and shoots it instead of running into the ground after the main popularity hype died.

Where's TMNT and Loud House?

Family Guy is not a cable show.
SpongeBob is still on the list way more often than both Family Guy, Full House or Paw Patrol, which means it gets more ad revenue.
There is a reason they started repeating the show so much, the show is big, merch sells. There is a dumb myth on Sup Forums that Nickelodeon flopped ratings-wise, even though it clearly did not, I never talked about the show quality, just about the ratings, but honestly, CN wishes, hipsters watching Steven Universe will not buy a toy they will promote before the show, Gravity Falls will not repat well because it has overall plot. That's why CN starts to use Spongebob tactics with TTGo repeats.
Basically, the shit ain't dying, they still have some great shows like Harvey Beaks and even Loud House (not my taste, but good enough and also is a huge rating success).

Viacom are just trying to get more people to watch The Splat, buy newly relaunced merch lines and DVD box-sets, plus having shit like this is still good PR for anniversary celebrations and will lighten their reputation of a huge soulless media-conglomerate. They have a lot of money (that's why they waste millions of dollars on tv series they don't even air at the end of the day), they want their reputation back now, few TV-movies are not that big of a deal investment-wise