Season 1= best art style

Season 1= best art style
Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m7YMq0WH594
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Call me a fag, but for some reason I prefer the circular eyeballs.

>inb4 calarts

It was cuter and the overall tone was just... Cute. The jokes were mostly based around gumball and Darwins naïvety instead of gumball being a dick. Not that that's bad, the show just evolved.

why is this the only current CN show that has been constantly been good?

It hasn't. Season 3 was a bust compared to 2 and 1 and season 4's been nothing but let downs up until lately

I liked the way the characters moved and how they all felt like actual kids. I stopped after they started the newer more over the top plots. It felt like it was trying to fit in with the other cartoons.

>phoneposter is now using Gumball for shitposting bait

S4 has been kinda wonky with episode quality.

>not liking the mix of anime and traditional cartoons
shit tier taste, famicon

I dislike how close together eyes looked and those weird arm/leg shadows

the only problem with the show I could honestly find is the forced intellectual/criticism jokes that try to relate to the older audience but just go on and on. It just makes the dialogue shitty and the 'joke' come off as contrarian drivel.

Season one was the best season for me, because you didn't have scenes like this youtube.com/watch?v=m7YMq0WH594
0:00 0:15

You're not wrong, the animation was better too.

gotta love the writing in Season 2 and later though

>it's forced because i don't like it
a perfect example of contrarian drivel right here

>i'm a contrarian simply for having a different opinion

why even continue this fruitless survival

I called you contrarian because you couldn't provide adequate reasoning. Forced? That's like no different from yelling "FAKE AND GAY" at a magic show.

I just miss their voices but puberty

forced as in unnecessary and pushed forward without having a reason to exist. This is how I -feel- about the 'forced' intellectual/criticism conflict jokes.

>forced as in unnecessary and pushed forward without having a reason to exist.
Like your birth?

I told your mother to swallow but she wouldn't listen.

like, that's just my opinion man
what's your problem? it's literally one criticism.

S4 is far better than S2

S2 still has the residue shit humor from S1, the stretched out, obvious and painfully unfunny jokes, poor pacing and timing and infuriatingly bad segments that waste your time.

i've not read a single complaint about S4 that didn't come down to "muh wattersons, muh characters are mean"

how is a relatively snappy high brow exchange a "forced intellectual joke"

you want characters to always know what to say, speak slowly and clearly and be devoid of any nuance and self awareness? does irony hurt your feelings?

Season 1= worst writing
Prove me wrong

>how is a relatively snappy high brow exchange a "forced intellectual joke"
not only are these exchanges overused, but they constantly exist to prove points no one cares about. Whether the substance is intellectual (which for the majority of the time, it is but I have never claimed they all are) doesn't really my effect opinion of these particular self-aware/ironic running jokes. Anyway, you seem to understand that my problem isn't with the concepts of these jokes but the execution which is clearly recognized in my first comment.

>Anyway, you seem to not*
desu i don't understand how i can fuck up that badly.

>doesn't really my effect opinion

>not only are these exchanges overused, but they constantly exist to prove points no one cares about.
>i don't care = everyone else doesn't care

you could just say you don't find it funny

>not understanding hyperbole
>not understanding i only said that to exaggerate my personal stance on why i don't find it funny

thanks user ily

Why does people even differentiate Watterson S2 and S3-onwards artstyle, when the only notable difference between them is their eyeball shape when in their default idle state?