What is your greatest wish?

>What is your greatest wish?

>To live a normal happy existence with my husband and our children

>To have my family back

>To shoot Batman in his stupid kike chin. Be with my daughter again? Nah thanks man.

The hero Gotham deserves.

>Deadshot's greatest wish to kill Batman
Sounds like Deadshot to me

Im just annoyed about how they tried to make everyone fucking redeemable. Comic Deadshot was still a piece of shit, Will's however made it seem like he only targeted crooks

Everyone's "I fight for my friends!" mentality was absolutely killing me the whole time. I honestly think the best thing DC could do at this point is ignore everything that happened in Suicide squad except Joker and Harley (they're stuck with them because Batman) and just introduce villains in the solo films and Justice League. These guys have all been thoroughly fucked.

Why do people keep saying this? He was shown killing a mob informant, who probably did bad shit sure, but was going to get worse people arrested before Deadshot killed him.

Was there a line I missed somewhere where he said "I only kill criminals" or something?

>killed a mob informant

That's pretty fucking low on the "bad" assassinations list.

>Was there a line I missed somewhere where he said "I only kill criminals" or something?

He has a Leon "no women no kids" line at some point while talking to the Squad.

You've got to admit that it's awfully telling that the film took its one moment to show Deadshot "pre-Sucide Squad" and had him killing a mobster instead of say, a politician or business rival or something. It struck me as a choice clearly made to keep as much dirt off of Deadshot as possible and paint him as a bad guy, but you know, not one of the "bad" bad guys. They kind of did the same thing to Deadpool.

All in all kind of a small complaint in a film where you certainly have your pick of them, but still. I noticed it too.

almost like hes a sociapathic hitman....

Then again, if he had killed batman he could hace lived with his daughter after that

yeah, aiming for that "gray area" If a criminal only kills bad criminal, is he really that bad blah blah blah

This brings up Batman yet again. If Batman kills, and they both kill criminals, what the fuck is the difference? lol

The fact that deadshot kills for money.

They sure liked showing us how much he cared about his daughter, that would have been the moment to do it.

but nah. Put that in every scene other than his greatest wish.

Heres the recap
>Deadshot
Really tried to downplay the assassin thing by having him shoot a snitch and the "no women/kids" line.
>Harley
Im willing to let her slide somewhat given that Joker warped her and drove her insane. But its going to be REALLY fucking weird during the Batman solo when shes beating peoples brains out
>Boomerang
About what I expected, a thief, needed more screentime
>Diablo
I can live with his tragic backstory, but it doesnt help with the muh family shit
>Croc
Ok I get it, he was treated like shit his whole life because of his appearance. But he still was hired by the mob AND ATE PEOPLE
>Slipknot
Who fucking cares?

so are you for or against them being bad?

>literally forgot Katana exists

Seems about right.

That's the point, Deadshot is a sociopath.

Katana is the new Enchantress because she literally disappeared the second she died.
I was expecting them to play Hick Flag and Croc as a whole "he was the first dude to treat him like a human" bit.
Yeah I guess those cut out scenes really explain when they became friends because that shit was out of nowhere.

Unlike what X-Men would have you believe, you can't build a franchise off of unlikable characters. They can't be seen as completely irredeemable by the public, because then no one would have an emotional connection to them. And no kids would want their toys.

I wanted them played more as villains instead of antiheroes

Actually, while Deadshot is a sociopath, he's also a pure professional. He locks his emotions up for the most part, so doesn't make dumb, snap decisions like that.

I think it was wrong of them to try to build Suicide Squad as a franchise this early into the DCEU. Suicide Squad could work fine as a callback/greatest hits of the rogues gallery DC could build over a few years of Justice League and solo films.

Just avoid killing your villain every film (looking at you Marvel) and in five years or so DC could have built a Suicide Squad movie that wouldn't have to introduce the characters, convince the audience to care about them, and tell a story with them in 90 minutes. I feel like DC was afraid to make them unlikable because this is the first chance the audience gets to actually fucking meet them.

It was rushed out the door, and the movie suffered because of it.

>Unlike what X-Men would have you believe, you can't build a franchise off of unlikable characters. They can't be seen as completely irredeemable by the public, because then no one would have an emotional connection to them.

those were "the worst of the worst" according to Waller

I agree, but one of DC's greatest assets is their villains, I'd argue even moreso than their heroes. They've sorta fucked Lex, so this movie would have been a great way to get a lot of them some exposure. It still worked out, even with the fucked characterization some of them got.

I dont know much about deadshot so this may be a prexisting thing but he literaly says he does not assasinate women and children.

>but it doesnt help with the muh family shit
This
There was nothing wrong with the old accidently killed a kid backstory there was no reason whatsoever to change it to his family a random kid worked fine.

Boomerang coming back after fucking off ruined a great moment that told you a lot about his character

Yeah people say that you need solos for all the justice league members before a jl film and there are compelling arguments on both sides.
But there is no way it was smart to do it for suicide squad im fine with some of the characters el diablo especialy works best if he is introduced in the film but it was a colossal fuckup with deadshot (harley could go either way)

>Boomerang coming back after fucking off ruined a great moment that told you a lot about his character

I thought it was great.

>Name is Boomering
>Runs away
>Comes back right after

It's poetry.

Characterisation wise it helps that the characters people were most worried about were gotten mostly right
Harley was spot on, joker has split people but he always does, and waller weight aside seemed mostly like waller.

that was bullshit too

I suppose
If they had not fucked up slipknots death in a way that one could think maybe boomer was going to run with him at the same time i could forgive it but as is its just annoying.

I am glad that they did not have any dialouge explaining the descision though it would have been a collosal fuckup.

Another part where they showed admirable restraint was when deadshot was looking at the coat his daughter wore i was expecting a shitty flashback but they left it to the audience to make the connection

>AYO HOL UP SO YOU FINNA BE TELLIN ME THAT WE'S SUM KINDA LIK SU SIDE SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
How do they get away with this?

>How do they get away with this?
by going back to scum

I think killing the man who keeps putting you in prison would be acceptable, even if he's the most professional guy out there, batman is also the guy who split up him and his daughter

He also kicked the shit out of him in front of his daughter, broke his leg in front of his daughter, and basically had his daughter act as a willing human shield to get him to go in without Batman having to break his other leg, thus showing that even his own daughter thinks Batman is better than him.

Could Deadshot have possibly been btfo any harder?

>the scene at the end where Deadshot teaches trigonometry to his daughter and she's talking about how it can't be used to shoot someone from a roof

It was a nice touch

In the comics, once he found out he had a daughter he scaled it back and wouldn't kill kids because they reminded him of her.

He said he's "the wrath" that punishes the wicked and Will has said in several interviews that Deadshot only kills "trash".

>"Deadshot I will give you literally everything you ask for if you shoot that crazy criminal bitch that you've known for one day right now"
>"Oops I missed, lol"

Changed the daughter's entire characterization, but OK.

It meant the daughter didn't hate her father anymore you autistic faggot

She never hated him.

You think Waller will keep to her words? Hell no

He killed kids before that?

>Boomerang coming back after fucking off ruined a great moment that told you a lot about his character

The third act is not when you want to still be re-establishing aspects of a character that you established at the very end of the first act.

We know Boomerang was a right cunt when he tricked Slipknot into trying to run away to see if Waller was bluffing.

His daughter wrote to him every day. I know the movie was shit, but did you even pay attention? Also when she says she loves him even though he does bad things.

What kind of asshole puts a hit out on a kid, let alone a hit with the GREATEST HITMAN IN THE WORLD.

Kids can be witnesses too.

I want to see a Deadshot movie where he has to kill a kid, but the kid keeps befuddling him with Home Alone antics.

Deadshot has a husband?

I never knew how much I needed this until now

>It was Ambush Bug the whole time

He has no problem killing women though right

AND A REAL HERO

REAL HUMAN BEAN

Problem is if you havent seen the page its easy to belive boomer was auctualy going to run off at the same time as slipknot.
And its 2 difrent aspects of his cuntishness (come to think of it i dont think he said anything racist which is odd considering katana was on the team)

>Way of the Gun
Underrated movie. The opening scene alone was worth the price of admission

If you consider he's New 52 Deadshot, it's fine.

Preboot Deadshot: Charming, yet ultimately a sociopath who kills anyone for a price. Still loves his daughter, but it never softens him.

New Deadshot and Willshot: What if Punisher got paid for his work?

Waller tends to keep her word about squad demands.
Though i suppose deadshot had no way of knowing that

As long as deadshot never auctualy misses a shot i would love this

Ok so that scene was just bullshit to make him seem like more of an antihero.

>someone asks for proof of Deadshot being a scumbag

>show proof of being a scumbag

>"but that doesn't count because it shows him being a scumbag"

Would you like me to post other pages of him being a very bad guy? I have quite a few at my desktop.

What im talking about in the film.
Yes please

he is gay?

He doesn't have to miss, his line of fire just has to get obstructed constantly

I feel like Ayer missed a prime opportunity to have Harley's fantasy be having a husband, two kids, and a life in the suburbs, but with everyone in full Joker makeup.

"Don't forget, we're the bad guys."

Ok then in that case i fully support this film.

Only if you count Catman.

Which I do.

Explain Superior Foes of Spiderman, or all the great crime films like Scarface

Scarface is not a franchise. Superior foes was a short comic book run, also not a franchise.
I'll wait while you Google "franchise".

>Superior Foes of Spiderman
As I said, LIKABLE characters.

Franchising is irrelevant, both of those examples coupd have spun off into much longer series. The fact is that having only villains is 100% doable, you just have to have real humor and not be afraid to be scary and violent

>Will Smith being cucked
Doesn't seem right.

>implying the foes weren't likable.

There was only one of them that was really unlikable.

>in five years or so DC could have built a Suicide Squad movie that wouldn't have to introduce the characters

So in other words you would need to have watched at least five different movies beforehand, just so you could understand SS? How the fuck is that a good idea?

Not this Waller. She's way more villainous.

he couldn't do it

she gave him the succ in that stairwell

he owed her that much

why is deadshot white in this? Is that someone who picked up the mantle, or are they team mates?

>scarface
>unlikable
Shit taste m8

Please Senpai, I love you just the way you are- I'll give you all the attention you could crave. You don't have to shitpost bait for attention, Please- I'm here to help.

What are you talking about? Even the movie Deadshot is white

dumb bitch

Hey to be fair, she came out of fucking nowhere, did nothing and on the one scene were something happened to contradict and conflict with the little, almost non-existance characteristic the movie provided her, the movie just ignored that.
(The Bar scene. Why the fuck would Katana go hang out with the villains? She is loyal to Waller, friends with Flagg. Why saving his girlfriend would piss her off so much, she would go hang out with people she showed nothing but hate for?)

I wish we had those dream sequences for Captain Boomerang and Katana

Boomer's would probably be some cringey shit like riding a pink unicorn.
Katana would be happy tradition Japanese couple time with her dead husband.

Killing people in your vehicle or when the world is ending doesnt count. Iron man does it. So does Cap.

Having Boomerang's be at the end would just be fucking hilarious
>Shoot batman
>Happy family
>Happy family
>Happy family
>Happy family
>The Neverending Story with a fucking unicorn

>Everyone's "I fight for my friends!" mentality
also, why did Harley stick around when her bomb was deactivated by Joker

everyone in ss is supposed to be there against their will, and they would do anything else if they could get away

Why not? Jada turned their son into a cross-dressing pseud and he stood there and let it happen.

Well that's fucking lame then. Besides the women and children thing (Which you can still be a scumbag if you have morals) I got the impression that he was still pretty villainous, but now that's just thrown out the window.

>Smoking Aces movie mixed with Home Alone
Fuck, somebody make this a goddamn film

Everyone abandoning the mission to go drink was about them deciding the mission was hopeless. Even Katana must've agreed she'd be throwing her life away for nothing.

Yes you can, if you aren't afraid to fuck them up and kill them ... then you can simply make the audience hate them.

Also only by continually pressing home the point that yes, these people are actual monsters and callous killers of innocents, you can avoid looking at the situation they are in. Which would otherwise be a travesty of justice.

Also being known as the man who killed Batman is going to be a great for his profession

And how many movies on that picture is a franchise?

Haven't seen the movie yet but the vibe I'm getting is it tries to build a group dynamic like in GotG but failed greatly in showing it being created and just cut to the chase. Yeah that is awful editing and scripting at it's finest or worst if you ask me. Why can't they actually make a movie with some true heart?