What happens here?

What happens here?

Supposedly there are cities with populations over 1 million. There are also cities that are inaccessible by road or train for multiple months each year like.

What is it like to live here? What is the industry? Do people enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S7UDuGE1U1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gDTZNYV6WOM
youtube.com/watch?v=PnwNOtG06Dg
ria.ru/infografika/20170220/1488209453.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> enjoying living in Russia
> enjoying living at all

>Supposedly there are cities with populations over 1 million.
Those are all located in the South, along the Transsiberian. Vast swathes of the North remain unpopulated.

>What is it like to live here?
Cold, also dark. Shit or no internet in the more remote places.

>What is the industry?
Exploitation of natural resources.

This post pretty much sums it up, OP.

>What happens here?

Literally nothing. There's only frozen wastelands, taiga and wilderness. Nobody lives there.

>Supposedly there are cities with populations over 1 million.

Fake and disinformation. Everyone knows there are no cities in Siberia.

Thanks for the information. Is quality of life significantly worse than western Russia?

Well winters are painfully cold and very long. Large industrial cities like Norilsk suffer from massive polution. Some smaller settlements can only be reached by air and I imagine there's not a whole lot to do in villages that are 200 miles from any other populated location. Much of the region has suffered huge population losses since the dissolution of the USSR. Chukotka lost two thirds of its population since 1989. There are lots of ghost towns if that's your thing.

Western Russia is much more developed than Siberia and the Far-East and the climate is much more hospitable.

sounds fascinating, unfortunately its unlikely I'll have the opportunity to travel the russian frontier any time soon. Hopefully someday before I die

Like shit, desu.

>What is the industry?

Various. Big cities have many industrial enterprises.

>Do people enjoy it?

Not really.

>Vast swathes of the North remain unpopulated.

They aren't unpopulated, but sparsely populated. All the oil-extracting facilities are situated in Northwest Siberia (Tyumen oblast, KhMAO, Yamal).

>Is quality of life significantly worse than western Russia?

Better if you don't take in account Moscow.
"Western" Russia outside of Moscow and Petersburg is extremely poor and undeveloped.

It's similar to your Dakota.

- Glacial
- Nothing but depression
- Flat lands
- No sea

>sounds fascinating,

It really is. I'd like to try and walk from Magadan to Kamchatka or Anadyr some day. Kamchatka is not connected to the rest of Russia by land in any way as far as I know. Anadyr can technically be reached by a network of horrendous winter roads but that's a really difficult, risky drive in a massively hostile climate across 1000 miles across the Chukotkan wilderness.

It's the Urals and Siberia with combined population of more than 30 million people.
>Supposedly there are cities with populations over 1 million
Yes, like Ufa, Perm, Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, Omsk. There are many more with 100-500.000 population.
>There are also cities that are inaccessible by road or train for multiple months each year like
More like small industrial towns in the north.
While parts of Russian around Moscow are quite depressive, Urals in some ways seems better than the European part. During the WW2 all the industry has been relocated to Urals and now it's the industrial center of Russia (though European part still have enough industry left). Not only oil and gas, but metallurgy, energy, transport, agriculture, forestry, chemical, petrochemical and mining industries.
Siberia is like Urals, but with more oil and gas and less industry, also much less populated and overall less developed.
Here's the map.
Just for the information, Far-East and Chukotka are outside of OP's red circle.
>Better
I would say only regions with the developed industry are better, like Tyumen or Yekaterinburg. I agree that regions around Moscow and St.Petersburg are poor and maybe the worst, but there are still Volga region and South Federal district, I wouldn't say Urals is better than them.

>Just for the information, Far-East and Chukotka are outside of OP's red circle.

Yeah I know but the Far-East is commonly associated with Siberia.

>South Federal district

You must be kidding, SFO is a literal shit-hole, the only more or less liveable place in it is Krasnodar.

I always thought that Rostov, Volgograd, Nizhnyi Novgorod and the Caucasus are far better places to live than Ural/Siberia/Far East?

What gave you that idea?

Reading some international forums and watching docs about the Caucasus (which seemed very beautiful)

Very fucking cold I suppose. The only ones who live there are oil workers.

>mfw this Russian from Krasnoyarsk told me she hated Moscow when she visited there
Is Moscow really that bad? I mean, St. Petersburg is probably the best Russian city anyway, but I was still a bit surprised.

>which seemed very beautiful
It's very beautiful indeed, but it's full of churkas.

All these places are better only in terms of climate.

>Rostov, Volgograd

No roads, no jobs, no entertainments, rampant crime rate, shit-tier services, shit-tier internet, $150/month wages.

>the Caucasus

Enjoy being blown up or beheaded.

>which seemed very beautiful
You don't need to live there to visit it as a tourist.

It's not poor by Russian standards, good infrastructure, nice climate, booming agriculture, billions of investments. Not the best region outside of all, bit still we compare Ural, Siberia and some European parts.
>more or less liveable place in it is Krasnodar
Well, I was implying mostly Krasnodar and Rostov, not every region inside the South district. And Krasnodar region itself is better than like Sverdlovsk oblast or Novosibirsk.

Everyone in Russia will tell you that they hate Moscow. And everyone is craving to live here in the same time.

>Enjoy being blown up or beheaded.

Oh come on it can't be that bad anymore. Haven't heard any bad news from Chechnya and Dagestan and the likes in ages.

Here's Novosibirsk .

youtube.com/watch?v=S7UDuGE1U1Y

youtube.com/watch?v=gDTZNYV6WOM

Caucasus is the worst region to live in Russia, even if you're muslim.

>And Krasnodar region itself is better than like Sverdlovsk oblast or Novosibirsk.
How so? I've never been there so I'm curious.

Best places in Russia are Ural and east Siberia. Central and North Russia is fag cuck region, southern has no job and hot climate

Neah, everyone is moving to Saint Petersburg. It's like some kind of a cult here.

Moscow oblast is good, Tatarstan is the second best.

Is that so? Just because of the wages or how come?

Enjoy your radioactive AIDS, surovy chelabinski le muzhik.

European Russia is richer and have the best living standards, compared to the rest. So immigrants usually go there.

But there are no jobs in East Siberia as well. They all coming to West Siberia.

Moscow is the worst russian city, st Petersburg is shitty too, all big cities here aren't "russian" at all, Moscow especially
Travel to Moscow even for russians seems like to go abroad, people are disgusting, lots of nu-males, soyboys, feminists, and even normal people are angry and unfriendly

I live here. What do you want?

>not poor by Russian standards

Yes it is.

Tatarstan - enjoy your muslim tatars, Moscow oblast - nu-males, feminists
Aids are everywhere, in your fucking Moscow too

That's the only place in the country where you can afford yourself living, and not survive, in short. That's why poople like him having so big a butthurt about Moscow.

>Is Moscow really that bad?
It's both the worst and best. It's just a huge city where you can find everything, so it's just "love or hate" relations. The city is getting better in the recent years.
>St. Petersburg is probably the best Russian city anyway
It's like the biggest museum in Russia. Probably the best city to visit as a tourist, but pretty mediocre to live in. It's very overrated, especially by Russians who live in small poor towns and never been anywhere in Russia, so St.Petersburg seem to them like "truly European city", top kek. Anyway, it's not a shithole, lots of cultural life, nice to visit and hang out, lots of 10/10 cuties, probable more than everywhere else. But when you decide where to live and to work it's not your top priorities.

>and east Siberia

Yeah, particularly Tuva.

>It's like the biggest museum in Russia.
...and a typical commieblock shithole with very bad climate outside of historical center.

No
European Russia are babushka towns, all youth move to big cities there, only old people stay

But tourists and idealistic schoolboys don't know about it.

>you can afford yourself living, and not survive,
Ahahah
Moscow isn't city for living, only for earning money

It happened so that I've lived in Kupchino when I visited, so I know, lol.

I see, that makes sense yea. If I were to visit one day, which I'm planning to do, I'll probably still go to St. Petersburg because of all the historical relevance and such. But yeah, living there would be a whole different story I guess. So maybe "best" isn't the right word in that case.

Of course, bumpkin. Got internet recently, I see?

I live here.

That's Canada everyday.
FIGHT ME... just joking Russian-friend :)

cringe

Kaliningrad looks nice

youtube.com/watch?v=PnwNOtG06Dg

>enjoy your muslim tatars
Kek, you can't even tell Muslims and Christians apart in everyday life. What's where to enjoy?

I mean Muslim Tatars.

Only one small difference.

>What happens here?

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I've been to Tyumen, Yekaterinburg and Chelyabinsk, they seemed like more depressive places, not even speaking about Omsk or Novosibirsk, but it was almost 10 years ago, maybe it's different now?
Still, there are ratings like that
ria.ru/infografika/20170220/1488209453.html
It's closer to reality than GDP per capita, which doesn't directly correspond to higher standards of living.

>shaped as ejaculating benis
:DDDDD

> lots of 10/10 cuties, probable more than everywhere else.
For some reason Chelyabinsk has more qts per capita than SPB, at least from what I've seen.

What's the difference?

Quality of life obviously.

why does your thermometer only go to -50 if it's -50? is it more?

In the place where I live, the winter temperature never fall below -50, remain at -40...-49.

It's a European city, bastardized by Soviets and modern Russians, it looks miserable, you know, like fake Eiffel Tower in China. The region is small and isolated from the rest of Russia, so it doesn't help to develop a booming economy.